Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@lauren0817: That's so scary! But it sounds as if you've been well taken care of through this whole ordeal. I'm so sorry that your welcome to motherhood has been so eventful, but I'm glad you're both safe and in good hands. Also, I LOVE the name Matilda. It was definitely on our short list for a girl, but we don't seem to make any of those. I'm glad you get to use it

@Ari123: I'm sorry you're struggling so much, but at least you're in the home stretch!

2. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: How scary.

3. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

I had to go into the hospital yesterday afternoon because I was in prolonged severe pelvic pain, (starting Friday night) and the Doctor wanted to make sure it wasn't preterm labor. They kept me for about five hours (monitoring baby's heartbeat, my heartbeat etc) it looks normal, they performed an ultrasound, and found that baby is head down with two fibroids on either side of baby's head, so any movement the baby made squeezed the degenerating fibroids causing the pain. The doctor prescribed Tylenol extra strength which helped dull the pain, and she also prescribed Tylenol 3, which is Tylenol plus codaine (sp?), which is much stronger and I am only to use when in really intense pain ( I haven't used it so far) . I am glad baby is doing great and we have just over 8 weeks to go ☺

4. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Am I totally silly to be mourning the fact that I have a November baby instead of a January one?

I always wanted a January/February baby and I thought I *finally* planned correctly. Plus it's weird not to be pregnant when I know I *should* be. Blah. Hormones! 😤

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@sera_87: aw. I'm sorry. A November baby is lovely though! (I would have wanted a fall baby but it didn't work out) How are you two doing?
    @Ari123: dang! That sounds so painful!

6. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Oh my goodness! So much has happened since I last logged in. First and foremost, welcome Theodore and Matilda! What beautiful names for beautiful little bubs I'm sure. Must have been a scare for the mommies - I am so happy to hear they are doing well. Many prayers for the days and weeks ahead.

Jan 2016 babies sure are little troublemakers. While nothing major, we have been going in for extra ultrasounds due to marginal cord insertion to ensure baby is growing on track. I can't believe the EDD is just a few weeks away...January will be here so soon.

I'm so glad all the babies are healthy though. To the mommas in recovery, wishing you the best! Everyone else, hope the pregnancies are uneventful and smooth for the remainder.

7. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@sera_87: I say you're allowed to feel all your feelings right now, you've had a rough couple of months. I think Fall babies are nice, though! And this way you won't have to plan a birthday party right after the holidays, you can do it before when you still have energy.

Hope your little dude is doing well!

8. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@sera_87: Having a November baby was kind of my ultimate goal - I'd have off for maternity leave through the holidays! I work in a hospital, so getting time off around the holidays is next to impossible!

Just a quick little update on D (my 2.5yo son) - he had his surgery on Wednesday and is doing GREAT! We found out at our pre-op appointment on Tuesday that he would actually need to be intubated for surgery, which we weren't expecting, so that was unnerving. But the cath was a success and the surgeon is confident that this is the only intervention he'll ever need for the ASD! The first 2 times he woke up from anesthesia were pretty rough, but the 3rd time he woke up he was in a great mood. Today, 2 days later, with the exception of the nasty-looking bruise in his groin and the surgical tape residue on his leg, you wouldn't even be able to tell he'd recently had surgery - he's full of energy and as happy as ever!

9. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@littlebug: wonderful news! I'm so glad he is feeling better already, and kudos to you for getting through this too. Yay!

10. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@littlebug: glad your little one is doing well after surgery.

Had an US on Friday along with my 32 week OB appt. Baby is currently about 6 lbs and my OB is projecting 10lbs by my due date. She wants to schedule a C-section. Not sure how I feel about that...not being able to pick up LO1 is going to be rough.

11. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: whoa 10lbs! How big was your DD?

12. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: wow!!! that's a great size. I was proud of my littles at 3.6 lb each at 31 weeks. lol!

I hear you on the CS. They'll only let me try vaginally if both are head down and so far only one is... good luck and I hope whatever mode of delivery is in your favor.

13. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I had an ultrasound this week (32 weeks) and they predicted the baby is 5.6 pounds...I don't think it's that big, they base the measurements on head and abdomen size. They predicted my daughter would be 10lbs and she was 7.13, but she has a huge head so I think that threw off the measurements!

14. travellingbee

@brady80: they also told my friend she was having a ten pounder and recommended a c section based on ultrasound and she had a 7lb baby.
    Eta he had a big head too.

15. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: she was 8 lb 12 oz at 38.5 weeks so she would have been ~ 9.5 lbs at 40 weeks.

@brady80: that makes me feel a bit better - I know the US measurements aren't super accurate this late in pregnancy, but all three have been consistent.

@MrsYellowJacket: 3.6 is a great size! My twin nephews were both just over 4 lbs each at 36 weeks.

16. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: if you had her via vaginal birth why couldn't you have a 10lb baby vaginally too?

17. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: I had a 2nd degree tear with LO1, and the OB is concerned that it will rip right open again, along with concerns that the baby's shoulders could get hung up. I think part of it, is that as a practice they are pretty conservative. I don't think they will push it very hard unless there is some reason to closer to the due date.

18. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: gotcha. Maybe you'll go into labor early and it'll work out. I'm sure if you have a c-section, it'll be OK, but I totally get your concerns.

19. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I hope you are able to deliver vaginally, or at least attempt it. I have an ultrasound next week (also 32 weeks) for size. My last pregnancy I had many ultrasounds (for non-size reasons), but the size estimate was very accurate. DS was only slightly large, though (7 pounds 15 ounces five days early). He was also very tall (22.25"), so he was not overly chunky. This one is clearly on track to be larger, though, and my belly is much larger. My practice is also pretty conservative. I really don't want a C-section, my delivery last time was pretty smooth, and I am irrationally scared of surgery.

@MrsYellowJacket: That is a great size for twins.

20. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I've been having a ton of hip/pelvic ache over here at 31 / 32 weeks... I imagine it's my hips spreading/stretching and the increase in relaxin? Anyone else? It's really painful when transitioning positions from laying down to sitting, sitting to standing, standing to walking...

21. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

@DesertDreams88: I've been having pelvic pain since about 28 weeks. Getting in and out of bed has been really painful. The other night I thought I was having sciatica pain, but the next morning it was fine. It almost felt as if my hip was out of place. I did read not to lay in the side that hurts, if that's any help?

22. travellingbee

I had BH contractions last night that were 3-5 minutes apart all evening. I didn't want to call the doctor since I was just there on Friday getting checked because of BH contractions and I wasn't dilating at all yet so I just figured I would see if they became anything, which they haven't. Phew. I had false labor 2x with DS but much later on. Like 37 and 39 weeks. I'm only 34 weeks. Crazy. Several people said I looked like I dropped today but I think it is just what I am wearing.

23. brady80

kiwi / 589 posts

My feet started swelling today! The swelled with my daughter but she was born in the summer, so I thought I'd dodge it this time around. Ugh! Anyone else have swollen feet? Seems like EVERYTHING is happening earlier this time around!

24. travellingbee

@brady80: hugely swollen hands and feet this pregnancy!

25. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

No swelling here, but in the last 2 days, FIVE coworkers have assumed I'm due in Nov or Dec....!! No, no, Jan 19, people!! I'm huge. I mostly love my pregnant body hut I am tired of all the pitying looks I'm getting

26. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@travellingbee: I'm having a ton of BH too this time. I also had false labor the first time; I'm hoping i skip it this go around!

@brady80: @DesertDreams88: I had pelvic pain like that with my first at the end and my midwife said it was from the relaxin hormones and pressure from the baby. This time I started having it at like 6 months but it was more painful and lasted throughout the day. My midwife sent me to a chiropractor and my pelvis has been actually shifting out of alignment. So, if the pain is very bad or there's a dull ache/soreness that lasts throughout the day, maybe it's that? It makes me feel better to use a bigger pillow between my legs at night, keeping my legs "glued" together at the thigh when shifting around, and Tylenol if it gets bad (although the chiropractor makes it so much better!)

I'm super swollen right now. And pretty sour about how big I am. I've gained more weight than I'd like and people have been VERY free with their comments on my appearance this time around. I'm trying to be breezy, but I really just want to give several people in my life the middle finger right now.

27. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

Happy thanksgiving, everyone! I'm definitely suffering from a lack of room in my abdomen to accommodate all the food I've been trying to squeeze in. December always flies by, and once we get through it it'll be time for babies to start dropping! Well, even more babies. Crazy!

28. travellingbee

@cvwood: I'm hoping December flies by for sure. I'm so uncomfortable!! He's all up in my ribs and sleeping is so hard! I can't wait for him to drop a bit. I've been trying to walk and bounce on my ball to get him to drop but no luck this far. I go in Monday for my 35 week visit and then they are every week.

29. travellingbee

Oh and... 3 more weeks of work before my maternity leave!!!! Yay!

30. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi everyone- Just popping in for a quick hello!

Happy to hear that the early arrivals are doing well so far.

I have been feeling pretty good, although I just feel enormous. This whole pregnancy, I've felt like I've been measuring about 4 weeks ahead of what I expected. So now that I'm 34 weeks, I feel as though I'm 38 weeks and pretty much ready to be done. I can't imagine my belly growing for another 6 more weeks!

I can't believe it will be December 1 in a few days!

31. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

I finally found a pillow I can sleep on! I was seriously sleep deprived. Bed bath &Beyond has the $9.99 long body pillows, which I use as a mattress padding, so now the sciatica is not as bad and I can sleep without the sharp hip pains! Such a relief .http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/bodymate-reg-body-pillow/1011667104

32. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

2.5 more weeks for me! Honestly, I can't wait. Even though I know it's going to suck not sleeping again, and dealing with nursing again. For some reason, I've been sleeping better than ever lately, which is so unexpected (sorry, I don't mean to brag, I'm just really surprised at why this is so). With DD#1 it was terrible, I had awful pregnancy insomnia (awake until 3 or 4 am) and woke up every few hours to pee, it sucked. I don't know why but I'm sleeping pretty well with #2. But that's all going to change shortly...

Still, I can't wait because this girl is moving like CRAZY and it's driving me nuts, poking and kicking in various uncomfortable organs. I feel like she's much more active in the womb than #1 was. It's extremely uncomfortable!! And I love eating and hate how I have no room to eat things I really want to eat just b/c there's no more space. I have to ration my stomach space!

But I know I don't have any right to complain about much, so I do apologize to those who are going through real pregnancy problems. I'm sorry!!!

33. travellingbee

@gracecat: what is your scheduled date?

34. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@travellingbee: dec 16

35. travellingbee

@gracecat: wow so soon!!! Exciting!

36. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@gracecat: wow! So exciting! Why are they delivering so early?

37. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@oliviaoblivia: It's not that early, I'll be 38.5 weeks at that point.

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@gracecat: ah! I didn't realize you are due in December. They're wanting to deliver me ten days early and I'm so torn about it.

39. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

@oliviaoblivia: oh, it has moved up even more now? How come? Are you torn because of the birthdays?

Funny that my due date kept moving forward too. First it should've been early Jan., which is why I joined this board. Then at my 8 week ultrasound they said baby was measuring like it should be due In late Dec which is the same exact day of #1's birthday!! But they scheduled the c section a tad earlier so that's why it is now in 2.5 weeks. At first I was upset they wanted to evict baby too early but now I am glad for selfish reasons.

40. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@gracecat: great news!!!!

I hope I'm around that time too since twins are early. I'll be 36 weeks on dec 21, but I can't imagine lasting that long. I feel like my body is slowly giving up.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee