Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Postpartum Chat

1. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@QueensBee: That must be stressful and scary.

2. Ari123

coffee bean / 25 posts

@QueensBee: feeling much better! It's bee a smoother transition than I had expected:)

3. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@QueensBee: how are things going this week? I'm so sorry about your son possibly needing surgery, that sounds just terrifying.

I *think* we're in the 4 month sleep regression? Little girl is really unpredictable these days and she used to run like a clock. She slept fitfully last night, cluster fed in the early morning, took a 3+ hour nap (going 4.5 hrs between feedings), but is happy as a clam. I'm nervous for bedtime tonight. I've been spoiled and can't go back to no sleep!!

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

We saw two neurosurgeons this week and they both said the same thing- her head is just perfect and there's no need for concern or surgery! Relief doesn't even begin to describe it! We feel so lucky and blessed and have an even bigger admiration for the families that are dealing with serious and long term health issues.

I head back to work on Monday but she's taking a bottle now, so that is a relief as well.

@JoyfulKiwi: Oh man, the 4 month sleep regression is so hard. How's it going?

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@QueensBee: good to hear!!

@JoyfulKiwi: hopefully it will be over soon! G went from 1 waking, to 2 last week, then 3, then 5-6, ugh! Then back down to 2 on Wednesday and 1 last night. Hopefully it is over. We also took the opportunity to swaddle wean during this time.

6. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

@QueensBee: hurray for perfect heads! I can only imagine your relief! A pregnant co-worker went through a scare where they thought the baby might have had fluid in his brain; I cried ugly tears when they said it was a false alarm and things are okay. It makes me so grateful for my kids good health. I hope you have a nice weekend and Monday goes smoothly.

@DesertDreams88: Maybe she's done? Haha, who knows with babies?! She slept well last night, but is still way off her old schedule. Her doctor said at her 4 month check-up not to worry about it.

Should we start a January Moms or Kids thread for general stuff, since we're rounding the corner towards 6 months? Are we "post-partum" anymore?

7. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Yay for doctors saying that baby has a perfect head!!!

Oh my sleep though... LO is now rolling over and trying to do so in her crib. And is now inching around the crib and backing herself into corners and waking herself up. Oh my.... I can't believe it won't be long until it's time to start solids.

8. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: so glad to hear that! Hooray!

We are still not sleeping great. He goes down super easy around 7-730. I put him down awake most of the time unless he happened to fall asleep before I got him in bed. He sleeps usually until 1:30 and then wakes and I replace his pacifier. Then he wakes around 330 and I feed him. Then he wakes again around 530 wanting to eat again. I don't know if he isn't getting enough to eat during the day now that he is on formula during the day. He doesn't take as much formula as he will breastmilk.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee