Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

Is anyone definitely team green?

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@snowjewelz: So nice that baby towels, wash cloths, swaddles, sleep sacks, etc can get reused.

3. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Haha yes, I feel like I'm literally just buying diapers! And I guess pacifiers. My girls will be 1 month apart in terms of birthday so literally all clothes are the right season!

4. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: LO2 will be 2 months behind LO1. So most clothes will work. Bibs and burb cloths will need to be replaced. And of course I will still buy lots of new clothes. Especially matching/coordinating ones. We will need an infant car seat and frame stroller. But otherwise I think we are good. Maybe a double stroller.

5. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Ahh matching clothes! There goes all my $$$, haha. We rarely use our stroller w/ DD, so I'll prob hold out on the double for a while till I really see we need it.

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I'm team green!

7. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

@snowjewelz: Team green for me too!

So happy for you guys finding out genders this week! And YES for healthy babes

8. snowjewelz

Jan 4 - Sunnyday (#3)
    Jan 5 - snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 5- Colette1285 (#1)
    Jab 8 - Chillybear (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 11 - Afishermanswife (#1)
    Jan 14 - littlecasita1122 (#3 & #4)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - Madger (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

9. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hi all!

Hard to quote on phone and over two pages so from page previous, thank you for well wishes. I think all this foolishness assuming everything is ok will help my cause for finding out and not being TG! But day at a time. Looking forward to Tuesday's scan.

Headed into the city on train right now to go to a concert. Not sure if this friend I will be with will sniff me out not drinking!!

One more day of work for me Monday and then one month off. So close, and the weather is so gorgeous right now.

eeeee on boy and girl news for two of you!! So exciting!! Congrats!! Assume all good news/no news from the blood work otherwise!?

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

My girl is an Oct baby and my boy is a May baby and most of his stuff was loaned or if ours I sold after (bad ppd time and swore off more children for a time, lol). So if boy, we will need to buy or borrow! We still have all other baby gear, use our single and double strollers still, so good they will stay in good use!

11. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: It's kinda exciting to buy stuff tho! I have a pretty small list and I plan to send that to my family for Christmas, lol.

12. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@bluebubblez: Congrats on the boy. I love having a boy.

@Smurfette: Congrats on the girl.

@snowjewelz: We are also Team Green. We did it for our son and have every intention of doing it again.

Our kids will be three months apart, so I don't know if we will be able to use any of the clothes again. It will probably be most difficult for the 6-9 month stuff.

13. Smurfette

We told LO this weekend. I told her Mommy had a baby in her belly. She said I don't want one. But once she heard it was a girl, she was excited. She asked to see my belly, and then says But I can't see her. She was with my parents on Sat and Sat night. She came back on Sunday and they had taken her to Target to pick out an outfit for her baby sister. She is telling everyone, glad we waited to tell her! She told me last night that my belly has to get this big ( I hope not that big) and then she will come out. Then she will hold her and then we will name her. Which is perfect since we aren't going to announce her name till she is here. I also ran to Target this weekend just to get pull-up for LO and came home with a sleeper. The newborn clothes are so tiny!

14. snowjewelz

Jan 4 - Sunnyday (#3)
    Jan 5 - snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 5- Colette1285 (#1)
    Jab 8 - Chillybear (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 11 - Afishermanswife (#1)
    Jan 14 - littlecasita1122 (#3 & #4)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 25 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - Madger (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

15. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Funny her reaction! I look forward to telling the kids and being "out" with them, but their suspicions and intuition, especially with their ages (2 and 3), but I really do think it will be underwhelming, lol.

DD was like "when you eat a lot it means you have a baby in your tummy" and DS was laying on my yesterday (he's a needy snuggle bug) and tried to reach down my top, I asked him what he was doing and he said "see the baby", so I don't get how they are so all over this, lol.

U/S tomorrow! No bleeding as of now, and last day of work today, woo!

16. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww, so cute!

We are SO behind on taking a pic of DD with her big sister shirt and just announcing it already, b/c I'm not even hiding my bump anymore, and so many people know! I might just take a picture laying out the big sister shirt with an ultrasound of DD2...

We were at my 12 week ultrascreen today. Can't believe DD2 grew so big within 4 weeks! She was a blob with a heartbeat last time, now she is a human! Everything looked good!

17. Smurfette

@sunnyday: ha! I bet they will be so excited when you tell them. How long are you off work for?
    @snowjewelz: Exciting. I can't wait for mine next week.

18. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: This scan is so much more exciting since they look like humans haha! I guess the first scan is more for relief that their hearts are beating!

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: and there was only one! I have to go to the high risk place, so I heard the ultrasounds are much clearer and better. I am going to have them double check she really is a girl!

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: haha! wait, can blood tests be wrong?!

21. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Return to work July 25th! I then go into insanity time of year August to end of November, so I am really looking forward to checking out and recharging for Fall!

I looked up pics of my DDs u/s from the 12w scan and got so excited and look forward to hopefully seeing a little being versus a blob this time. I can't find pics from my sons.....second kid problems? lol.

22. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: DH looked it and very rarely, if you do it too early, etc. I just to confirm. I still can't believe we are getting another girl, like we wanted.

23. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: True, me too! I guess I will make sure to ask at the next scan!

24. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

25. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Hey baby.

All good today for u/s. Done bloodwork too and now waiting at doc's office for prenatal appt. excited for weight check in and hopefully hearing hb on doppler.

26. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@sunnyday: yay! so glad things are looking good!

27. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Chillybear: me too!

28. Smurfette

@sunnyday: so glad that baby is looking great!

29. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

Ok ladies.
    Had my 12 week appointment today and wasn't able to find the heartbeat via doppler. We tried twice, with a half hour worth of excessive water drinking and walking in between. My doctor said it's not abnormal to not find it at 12 weeks but gave me a req for an ultrasound tomorrow to calm my nerves. Part of me is super worried and part of me is a little happy for a bonus extra ultrasound.
    Anyone have experience with this? It's fineā€¦..right?!? Ugh!

30. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Aww, hi little one! So happy that everything looks great.

31. Smurfette

@afishermanswife: I think 12 weeks is early to find on a Doppler. Glad you are getting an ultrasound tomorrow. Keep us posted.

32. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@afishermanswife: I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject, but I really would trust your doctor when he says it's normal. I know you must be nervous, but he knows his stuff! We'll be thinking of you during the ultrasound. Let us know how it goes!

Is it too late to join the FB group? I changed my mind and want in with you guys!

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@afishermanswife: glad doc getting you in! My doc is soooo leery about trying on the doppler for this reason, just in case he can't find it! Staying positive for you, update when you can tomorrow, any solid distractions between now and u/s?

34. afishermanswife

coffee bean / 25 posts

@Smurfette: @babypugs: @sunnyday: thanks! She very clearly said that she was quite confident everything was just fine so I'm going with that. Luckily my ultrasound is in the morning and I have my bed to distract me until then. It's my favourite place these days haha!

35. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@afishermanswife: good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted

I guess send me a fb invite too

We had our NT scan tonight measuring 12w6d (est 12w2d) 162bpm and measurements look good I'll get more results at my next appt on the 13th

36. Smurfette

@Chillybear: awesome! Looks like a baby! Side note, your name is on the bottom pic. In case you want to block it out.

Is everyone on the FB group but me?

37. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: I'm not on the facebook group. I haven't used facebook in months and am debating getting back on it.

@afishermanswife: At my 10 week appointment, the doppler didn't work and they pulled in the ultrasound machine. Everything was perfect.

@sunnyday: @Chillybear: Glad you both had good news.

38. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@Smurfette: thanks all fixed

39. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

@chillybear I sent you the link!

@Smurfette The fb group is actually super tiny still! I've been a lame admin between morning sickness and feeling down in the dumps over a bunch of friends dealing with losses in the past few weeks.

I'm excited for you ladies having two girls in a row. That's what we had happen with #1 and #2, and it is so fun. They are 23 months apart, so it was so nice to be able to reuse all the clothes and such!

I can't believe I'm already to 12 weeks! It doesn't feel real. Having some friends suffer losses recently has kind of put a damper on my excitement and confidence that everything is going well with the pregnancy. I'm glad I have an appointment on Thursday and hope to hear a nice, strong heartbeat. I'm still morning sick, so I guess that's a good sign? ;P

40. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@afishermanswife: I believe you are on west coast, but hope everything has gone/goes okay this am.

@Chillybear: great u/s pics and update!

@limabeanbabies: +1 on "can't believe I'm already ..... weeks" I am 13w today and it's crazy, I remember in May yesterday's appointments seeming eons away. Now I'm off work and vacation is here, time flying! Sorry to hear about the losses close to you, the up and downs I've had with the bleeding have had some tough moments, but trying to ride the positives as I have them. I am hoping someone I know will announce soon, I know a few girls and my bff is due in the Fall, but anyone else who maybe is keeping secret still.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee