Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@sunnyday: I feel completely the same, besides being exhausted, and peeing even more then normal. So food wise nothing has changed for me yet. But I think it was around 6 weeks with my LO that I started thinking meat was the devil and that is this week. DH travels Mon-Thurs so I don't cook much anyway for LO and me. I was dieting and not eating many carbs so I had added those back in and I can't get enough. But I am trying to control it. I am already worried about gaining too much weight.

LO and I ran to the mall on Sat and I stopped in the GAP. Oh I wanted all the little clothes.

I did buy a belly band yesterday at Target. I think I am going to have to break it out sooner then I would like. But my work pants weren't super lose before, so this bloat is making them uncomfortable.

2. Smurfette

I am having constipation issues again.....I forgot this lovely side effect.

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Oh wow, I forgot about belly bands! Thanks for reminding, lol. Mine are definitely loaned out, and I am not going to ask for them back and out myself to that friend. Hmm..definitely don't want to buy them again.

4. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I have insanely itchy lower legs at random times, I don't understand it, I'm not entirely positive it's a preggo thing, but man oh man it's driving me crazy, my poor legs.

5. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I think I have mine in the tubs of maternity clothes. but I was to lazy to dig them out of the basement so I went out and bought a new one. I lend all my clothes to a friend, so I really need to look at them and see what I am going to need. I am starting out smaller and she is bigger on the bottom so I think I am going to need new pants for sure.

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: I'm excited to go through mat clothes! Some are loaned out, most I do have in basement. Third baby, third season, will likely need a few things, but should be okay for the most part. Apparently our next kid after this will need to be a summer baby so we have one in each season

7. Smurfette

@sunnyday: whoa, 4 kids?! I don't know how we are going to handle 2. I am excited about going through mine and getting some stuff for the summer. I didn't have any summer last time. I had LO in March, but it was July when I found out so I just bought some shorts in a size bigger and made them work. I don't think it will this time. I am huge already at the end of the day.

I made a banner for weekly bump pics. That was exciting to do and we took the first one this weekend.

8. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

I think i'm covered for summer maternity clothes. I have tees and tanks, dresses, a pair of shorts, easy pants and 2 maternity tankinis from my last pregnancy. My plan for fall will be t shirts and leggings/jeans and open cardigan sweaters

9. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: We think four. We are insane, lol. We had a huge blip in life/relationship after two and worked our tails off to get back in a great spot and where we are at now. We have always been hung up on a big fam. My DH lives away from fam and has been big on putting down solid roots here with a big family. I came from a very broken home and have one half sister I don't speak with, so have always wanted to have a larger fam with such a different picture of what I had! Who knows. There were definitely screams of "never again" after our second (usually in the bathroom, around bath/bedtime!), and he was tough....but here we are, LOL. We are well aware we are nuts and want to create a zoo, my biggest thing is not having the kids and 5, 10 years down the road having regret to not have a big fam for fear of those baby days, I am definitely a kid Mom, not a baby Mom....!

10. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

I did my first bump pic this am! A late 6w one, and will get going on weekly ones from here on out! Definitely cheating and doing them in the morning before the bloat kicks in.

11. Smurfette

@Chillybear: I borrowed so many sweaters from a friend last time. She is TTC right now but is starting off a lot smaller, so I am hoping she will pass along most of the sweaters again, Otherwise I will use my 3/4 t's and regular cardigans.
    But I don't want to think about bathing suits. But I need to we have a week long trip to FL in July with DH's family. I have to find a dress in a color scheme for pics too.
    @sunnyday: Glad that y'all are in a better spot. I totally made DH take my picture yesterday first thing in the morning since we were up and dressed anyway.

12. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: there will be no bathing suits on me in public this summer. Maybe backyard, but doubtful! We have a trip to the East Coast, but Canada, so could still be chilly enough to not have wear one, plus my IUD scar below belly button, not pretty, I am going to try to buy some stretchy dresses that make me look half decent, and summer comfortable, lol.

13. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Smurfette: Me too, totally constipated. And meat hater (I don't even particularly love meat to begin with). After being pregnant w/ DD I pretty much gave up steak.

I need to figure out where my bag of maternity clothes went!

14. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

15. Smurfette

@Tanjowen: Congrats! I didn't know you were near Atl.

16. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Smurfette: And bit South in the burbs. Grew up here! And congrats to you also!

17. snowjewelz

@Tanjowen: Yay!

18. MamaG2017

pea / 5 posts

I'm very quietly hopping onto this thread. I've been a lurker for a long time...and then this miracle baby happened to us.

EDD: 01/04/17

How far along: 6w6d

First child? Yes - and a surprise one at that!

First doctor appointment: I'm trying to move it to Thursday, but if that doesn't work, May 27

Any symptoms so far? Oh man. I'm so stinkin' tired! And my boobs hurt. And I want all.the.food. And I'm just generally "off"

Who have you told? Just the fiancé. I need to wait until after the appointment to tell everyone else (it hasn't quite sunk in yet that it's really REAL). But they need to be told, and soon. We're supposed to be getting married January 18. In Jamaica. This is kind of throwing a kink in our plans.

19. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@MamaG2017: wow on the Jamaica plans, this certainly derails that a little bit! Congrats....and welcome....another Canadian, yay

20. MamaG2017

pea / 5 posts

@sunnyday: You're telling me! I have nearly everything ready to go with the wedding and suddenly my whole world changed. Literally overnight.

21. snowjewelz

@MamaG2017: Aww! The best surprise though! And wedding in Jamaica does sound amazing!

22. MamaG2017

pea / 5 posts

@snowjewelz: FI wasn't quite on board with the "best surprise" when I woke him up at 5am to tell him. I think we're going to have to postpone the fun in Jamaica a year or so and have a big celebration later. Thankfully, we had planned on a small civil ceremony here in September so I still get to marry my babydaddy

23. snowjewelz

@MamaG2017: Yes! Then your own LO can be your flowergirl/ringbearer

24. Smurfette

@MamaG2017: Congrats! I don't see why you can't get married in Jamaica still. Baby would be a year and you would have plenty of family to help you with watching him/her.

25. MamaG2017

pea / 5 posts

@Smurfette: Baby would be 2 weeks (ish). I'm due Jan 4, we'd planned on getting married Jan 18...As I told FI, I'm NOT travelling 10+ hours (including stopovers) 2 weeks after birth!

26. Smurfette

@MamaG2017: Oh I thought that you meant Jan 2018, not Jan 18, 2017. Sorry, I was up most of the night with pregnancy insomnia.

27. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Oh no, not getting better?

28. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: no. I was up after 3 on pretty much, after waking up a couple times before that. I am just going to take a half tonight and turn the monitor up in case she wakes up.

29. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Buy the baby clothes...May as well stock up!

@Tanjowen: @MamaG2017: Yay, welcome and congrats!

@MamaG2017: That is quite the surprise! Life is crazy. You guys and baby will have a blast when you're able to make it.

So...is anyone else's biggest symptoms irritability and impatience? I'm on vacation with my extended family and am seriously short on patience. Part of it is my personality I'm sure, but it is driving me waaaay more crazy than usual when it takes us all 3 hours to get out the door, and I'm having to work hard not to constantly snap at people (including my daughter, and I usually have endless patience with her!).

30. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Smurfette: Any luck of getting unisom to help? @babypugs: YES. I have 2 attorneys in my office today and I am trying to not kick someone.

31. Smurfette

@babypugs: at this point I need to wait. I am not a big fan of the gender neutral stuff. We should know by 12 weeks the gender.
    I have noticed that I don't have much patience with my LO. But last night she was possessed or something so it didn't help. I think it is more being over solo parenting during the week. Ready for DH to get home. I hope your vacation gets better!

32. Smurfette

@Tanjowen: It helps when I take it. I just don't want to when DH isn't home but last night was so bad I am going to just try it tonight.

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Ah, that makes sense. It's easier to hold out knowing you'll know soon! We didn't find out gender with my first and plan on finding out this time, and I'm really excited to buy gender specific newborn clothes!

34. Smurfette

Unisom is amazing. That is all.

35. Smurfette

Updated our list. Is anyone going to be Team Green or is everyone finding out? I am AMA so we should be doing genetic testing at 10 weeks. Excited to find out so early.

Jan 5 - Sunnyday (#3), Chillybear (#2), Afishermanswife (#1), snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1), Limabeanbabies (#3), Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 14 - Mybell208 (#2)
    Jan 15 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 21 - Makingbabyw (#1)

36. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: good that you took it!!

we're for sure finding out!

37. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Hi ladies,

Still can't quite believe I'm doing this - but here goes...

Location: Saudi Arabia, currently. I had my first child here and had an amazing experience but I'm contemplating having this one at home in Ireland - no decision made as of yet.

EDD: Hmmm... I consider our baby 'the little sperm that could'. As I've shared in another thread, we dtd on day 7 and I could have sworn that I ovulate on day 14. Clearly not though as here we are. I'm guessing that I ovulated 5 days later which gives me an edd of 22 Jan.

How far along: 4w, not too sure how many days

First child? A sibling to our crazy, hyper 22mo son.

First doctor appointment: I'm not entirely sure. I'm not planning on returning to the hospital I delivered at last time and I'm going to Ireland for the summer on June 30th so I'll likely set up a 12 week scan when I'm there and then register with the new hospital here when I get back... to be honest we're still wrapping our heads around this so not many decisions made yet.

Any symptoms so far? The same hormonal rages that I got with my last pregnancy and random car sickness the day my period was due which clued me into the possibility...

Who have you told? My husband, the friend with whom I'm going on a drinking weekend in Beirut next week (oops;) and another close friend at home.

Ladies, as we get used to the idea that our family is expanding a little sooner than planned, I am getting so excited. Another baby and a sibling for our beautiful son - how lucky we are.

On the other hand I just spent this year studying and qualifying as an elementary school teacher, and I had my heart set on working next year to cement the learning and make use of the cost and effort of the qualification. I worry that not working immediately will put my chance of getting a job near impossible. But anywho, God is the best of planners so clearly there's magic in all this mayhem.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
    MrsCDH

Eta - We'll likely be team green, and I don't know how I forgot to mention the exhaustion under symptoms... OMG - all I want to do is sleep!!!! My son is a terrible sleeper still so full nights aren't even a guarantee...

38. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Apologies - that was some essay... nice to let it all out here.

39. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@MrsCDH: Welcome!!

We'll be finding out most likely at our 20 week scan. If i counted the weeks right that should be the week on my and my husbands birthday.

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks for me and 4 weeks until moving day. I have a feeling this first half is going to fly by.

If this isnt your first baby how and when will you tell your older children? I think we'll probably wait until anatomy scan and we can say little brother or sister. I'll def be showing by then.

40. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Stalking.....eeek to all the new January mamas!!! Congratulations!!!

@snowjewelz: you're KILLING me over here. Between you and @mfa_lady: my ovaries are going to burst. GAH!!

@Smurfette: talk to me about this larger age gap thing. How/when are you going to tell R??? Because I imagine she's going to catch on eventually. Also, with so much solo-ing, how are you holding up??

All and for a great pregnancy, ladies!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee