Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: I just got a 2nd PISA... It came with 2 bottles, the flange/connecting part and tubes? Same as last time I ordered too..

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Ghost page?

ETA there it is.

3. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I'm with you on the water... My eating/drinking schedule is so off on weekends with a toddler!

4. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I know I was like uhhh where's my reply?! Btw I'll take a pic of what it looks like when I open my PISA to show you what's included tonight!

5. snowjewelz

@madger: What a cute picture!!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: I ordered this one, Medela Pump-in-Style Advanced Starter Set, again. It came with the pump, flanges, tubes, and 2 bottles to pump into. I used a bag I had to carry to and from work. This is it.

7. snowjewelz

Sry I've been totally MIA... Toddler caught cosackie and was a miserable mess from Fri-Fri pretty much. Then I caught it (thankfully not as severe). The lack of sleep, stage 5 clinger and being SO pregnant is a really bad combo! Plus I was so ambitious and had so many projects lined up for the long weekend... I did finally move all of DD's stuff into her room so now I can get all the clothes back from my friend and start organizing the nursery. But I never did put up any Christmas decorations! Oh well, this weekend it is...

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Awesome, thanks. I'll def wait till I get mine to see what comes with, but the description was not very detailed or helpful!!

9. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh, I think that's exactly what I ordered, at least it's called the exact same thing, but through Edgepark. And the description you just posted is wayyyy more helpful than theirs. Thank you!!!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh my goodness, you poor thing!! Happy DD is feeling better and you didn't get it worse. Hope you can catch up on sleep soon! We haven't put up any decorations yet either. Or set up the nursery. Got big plans for this coming weekend to do both...we will see what happens!!

11. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: Foolish. I definitely should not have had them on!!

@babypugs: YES! Got some great pics, well worth it!!

@IRunForFun: Got my first pump last week in the mail and it has tons of parts with it (got the Spectra!) but I have noooo idea what they all do!!

@snowjewelz: Oh gosh, hope you feel better soon!!!

12. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: hope your house is on the mend!
    @IRunForFun: glad that it helped. I think I ordered from Edgepark last time. I had to chuckle when they told me yummymummy was one of the companies I could order from.

13. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@IRunForFun: ugh, we had a 7 hour drive each way, plus 7 hours of driving to various places on Thanksgiving, so I feel you on the long car trip! I'd rather run another half marathon than do that again! The PISA with the tote bag is what I had last time, and I'll probably get the same thing this time since that's what I'm used to and I had no issues with it! The only things I ever needed to really replace with any regularity were the membranes (and I work full time so I pumped at work every day!) and I changed the tubing once I think.
    @snowjewelz: I'm normally so good with water at work, but I definitely fail on weekends. I'm so sorry you guys had to deal with that!! My daughter had it earlier this year and it SUCKED.

I'm definitely feeling like a pregnant lady these days! Weirdly, running still feels really good, but it's everything else, like getting off the floor or turning in bed where I'm like "oh right..." I'm starting to feel a little more anxious about the fact that we haven't done anything SPECIFIC to get ready for this baby! Maybe when I'm off for a few days around Christmas I will finally wash and sort clothes? We have a few items we want to buy (like a new rock n play), but at least we basically have everything else! Of course, I'm not due until Jan 30th (and my first was a week late, so I'm convinced I'm having a February baby), so we have a little time!

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@madger: Oh man, I just don't know how you guys did the longer trips! I thought mine was bad, I don't know how I would have made it further! I am also thinking I may have an early Feb baby. They have my due date as 1/22 but I think it's 1/25 or 26 and I wouldn't be surprised to go late!

Is anyone having what seems like a lot of Braxton Hicks? I feel like I'm having them near constantly. I have had a couple instances in the evenings of having 6 or 7 an hour. I asked the midwife at my appt yesterday and she said as long as there's no real cramping, bleeding, and they eventually go away, it's probably normal and some women just have a lot. I started feeling them at 15 or 16 weeks and this is my first so I guess I shouldn't be surprised they're getting worse, but if this is my reality for the next 8 weeks...no thanks! They're annoying and uncomfortable. I'm already up to 64 oz of water today, and had a magnesium supplement, and they're still coming. I'm thinking of doing a bath with Epsom salts...any other remedies??

15. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I didn't have any with my first and don't have many with this one, unless I don't drink enough water. I have friends that had them regularly for months though. Heck my one friend had full on contractions off and on for a month before her LO decided it was game time.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I def feel those BH often! I think it's b/c I exert myself a bit much....

17. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Sorry things have been rough! Hope you guys are doing better now.

@madger: I'm still super impressed at your running.

@IRunForFun: All the time now!

18. snowjewelz

DD1's 2nd birthday was yesterday... It hit me so much harder than her 1st birthday, probably b/c she's gonna be a big sister real soon!

How's everyone feeling? I way over exerted myself this weekend with putting up tree/decor, taking DD outdoors to tree lighting and of course her bday.

Heartburn also came back with a vengeance... And only in the middle of the night, so annoying!!

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I am over it. I will be 35 weeks on Wed so hopefully I have a while yet. Cause as much as I am over it, I am not ready for her to come. Reflux is awful. It hits hours after I have eaten and I lay down for bed. I can't sleep without Unisom, and then I still wake up 10+ times a night. I feel like I just waddle everywhere. It feels so much harder to me this time.

LO cuddled up to me yesterday on the couch, and said I want my baby to come. I said well she has to keep getting bigger. It isn't time for her to come yet. She said How big are you going to get?

Then this morning she was in a mood since I had to wake her up. I was trying to get her to let me brush her teeth and hair and she just turned around hugged my belly, lifted my shirt up, and gave baby sister a good morning kiss. It was so sweet.

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Awww, that is so sweet! Ugh, I am totally over it too. I'm actually ready... Cause I feel like I'm useless as is anyway lol!

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I like don't want to do anything. Trying to figure out how I can get out of going to DH's work Christmas party Sat night. Being up past midnight and on my feet most of the night has zero appeal.

22. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Oyy yeah that really sounds fun haha!

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: I'm sorry you are both feeling so rough! I just hit 33 weeks yesterday and I have days where I'm super over it and then days where I feel decent and decide I'm not even close to ready for baby to come yet. We had the ILs here Saturday part of the day doing house stuff and then went and got our Christmas tree that afternoon and Saturday evening/night I was miserable. Achy hips and back, heartburn, upset stomach, up all night, just feeling so done. But then yesterday I felt OK and we decorated and got a lot of other stuff done. I guess I'm just taking it day by day! I do have to say once it hits about 5 or 6 pm each day I'm totally done. Don't want to do anything or go anywhere. I have a casual (optional) event I could go to tonight but I'm already like...ugh I don't want to be out till 9. I want to sit home in my sweats.

@Smurfette: DH's company party is next weekend. We debated not going but it's his first year with them and we thought it would look bad if he didn't go. AND. It's freakin' 80s themed. Which normally and in theory would be fun, but it's hard enough to find a regular maternity dress at 9 months pregnant...what the eff kind of 80s attire does a giant pregnant person wear!?!?

24. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: You have an excuse to wear yoga pants! I would totally do a long tank, another shirt over it, tied in a knot over the belly, leg warmers, and a side pony tail.
    I have never heard of theme dress up Christmas parties before.

25. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Then again, 80s is all about spandex right? Could work to your advantage? lol! We totally didn't go to DH's work's dinner; we just recovered from DD's whole coxsackie episode so we were like uh, no thank you. My company's party is next Mon and I will have to suck it up and go! I high tail it outta there pretty early tho.

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: and I think I am just being a baby. I know I could have it a lot worse. Was a busy weekend where I felt like I did everything for LO and DH did nothing (when I know that wasn't the case) but then I am solo all week again. I just want some sleep!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: That's actually a pretty good idea! I was definitely planning on rocking a side pony with a scrunchy at least and I do have boot cuffs/socks I could wear as leg warmers. Hmm.

@snowjewelz: Oh man I don't blame you for not going and a sick kid is a valid excuse! I think we will do the same for DH's party as you are for your party - make an appearance and duck out. It's almost a 45 min drive away which is blah.

28. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugh, so dress up, drive 45 min each way, and stay for not enough time to make it worth it Tho no one should fault you for not staying till the end!

29. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I doubt you're being a baby! I don't even have an LO to take care of and on the days I don't feel well I still whine and feel like throwing a tantrum b/c I'm so over it. So being solo with LO all week AND feeling crappy I'm sure is super tough!!!

30. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

@IRunForFun: I was born in '84 so looking at photos of my mom while pregnant they mostly wore tent dresses with giant bows at the neck I guess to distract from the giant belly.

http://www.mylusciouslife.com/wp-content/uploads/galleries/post-15197/thumbnails/Images%20of%20pregnancy%20maternity%20fashion%20-%20Fashion%20history%20research%20-%20princess%20diana.jpg

31. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

As of yesterday I am 35 weeks.... Last week was a rough one. I woke up on Tuesday with insane tail bone pain. I could barely walk, I couldn't sit, there was no way I could drive. I ended up taking off on Tuesday and Wednesday going to the OB and the chiropractor (twice) I'm better but I'm no where near 100%.

I ended up calling the reinforcements (ie my parents) this weekend for help around our house and nesting. Christmas shopping is done, the house decorated minus the tree, the nursery is done.

The main thing I have left to do is wrap gifts, car maintenance and install car seats, clean my house, and pack my hospital bag..... and get through Christmas morning without baby making his grand entrance...

32. Smurfette

Just a refresher when everyone is due. I wonder who is going to first!

Jan 4 - Sunnyday (#3)
    Jan 5 - snowjewelz (#2)
    Jan 5 - Colette1285 (#1)
    Jab 8 - Chillybear (#2)
    Jan 9 - Ruby26 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 9 - Aimed121 (#2)
    Jan 11 - Smurfette (#2)
    Jan 11 - Afishermanswife (#1)
    Jan 14 - littlecasita1122 (#3 & #4)
    Jan 16 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 18 - Babypugs (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - emilye519 (#2)
    Jan 28 - Peasinapod (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Jan 30 - Madger (#2)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

33. Smurfette

@Chillybear: That sounds awful! Sounds like you got a lot done this weekend though. I need to get our car seat from next door, so I can wash the cover. I want to wait to install it till after Christmas though since we will probably have to put the seat down to get gifts over to my parents house since we will be staying a night this year, so will have luggage. So yeah I don't want to pack a bag till after too. I am praying that she stays in till January!

34. snowjewelz

@Chillybear: I'm an '84 baby too And I hope you can rest and feel better! Home stretch everyone!!!

35. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I'm waiting till Christmas to pack a bag, do the carseat and all that too... Hoping she stays put till Jan also! Since I have GD, I know I most likely won't go past 40 weeks if she doesn't come on her own before that...

36. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: when did you have your first? My water broke at 39 weeks exactly. I am hoping little sister follows big sister's footsteps.

37. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I got induced at 39 weeks.. I'm with a new OB now that's willing to wait later. I really had no reason to get induced as she wasn't big at all; my last OB was a little overly cautious/rigid about that so I switched this time. So I have no way of knowing when she would've came on her own!

38. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: My LO was 8lbs even, so I am scared to go too much later cause she could be closer to 9lbs. Ouch!

39. Chillybear

pomegranate / 3032 posts

is anyone else having a 36-37 week ultrasound to check size and position? my office is having me do one to assess risk for shoulder dislocation during delivery... I didnt have one with my first. New office said its standard procedure and the only risk factor i have is my weight. First was 7lbs 12oz and i delivered her fairly easily at 38 weeks

40. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Happy birthday to your DD! Yes, this birthday was hard on me too--last birthday as an only.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. Lots of contractions (painful, so not sure if I should call them BH!) and heartburn, but still getting around well!

@Smurfette: Almost there! Your DD is such a sweetie.

@IRunForFun: Haha, sounds fun--leggings and a huuuuge shirt!

@Chillybear: Hang in there! Sorry you're feeling crummy. The to-do list still seems so endless, doesn't it?

You guys, who do you think is going to go first??!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee