Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: @emilye519: @Mrs. Toad: @IRunForFun: @madger: It's exciting to still be waiting on all these babies! Sounds like you guys all have a good attitude and lots of patience.

@emilye519: I was thinking of doing a gift but nothing seemed like it would be special since it's been gift central around here since her birthday in late October. I'm glad I decided not to, other people have gotten her a ton of gifts, including two new baby dolls!

2. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Bumping page!

3. ruby26

coffee bean / 36 posts

I'm finally on the other side... Baby arrived on 41+1 after 22 hours of drug-free labor. Hardest thing I've ever done, but from this FTM, the most incredible! And it's a girl!
    Karolina Annelise (nn Kara), born 1/17, 9lbs4oz, 21"

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ruby26: congrats!!!

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@ruby26: Congratulations! Welcome, baby girl!

6. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@ruby26: eeee congrats!!! Welcome baby Kara!

B is two weeks today! We are doing ok! No contractors or kids in the house today so finally our first day on our own!! She had a really, really frantic fussy night two nights ago. Thankfully last night was "normal"! It was hard, but we got through the fuss, her being so frantic was really hard.

Nursing is going ok. Nights are good I think, she is sleeping 2/3 of the night in the bassinet no problem, but then the last part on me in the recliner in our room, whatever works!

7. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@ruby26: Awesome! Congratulations! My DD1 is Kara too

@Smurfette: I hope you don't mind me jumping in to update the list! Whenever I'm on an actual computer I feel like I should!

January babies
    12/13 - Afishermanswife, Justin William Jr
    12/20 - snowjewelz Karis Joy
    12/23 - littlecasita1122, Baby Boy A & Baby Boy B
    1/4 - Smurfette Peyton Smith
    1/5 Sunnyday Bronwyn Patricia
    1/6 - Chillybear William Thomas
    1/12 - Babypugs
    1/17 - Ruby26 Karolina Annelise

Jan 5 - Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 9 - Aimed121 (#2)
    Jan 16 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - IRunForFun (#1)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - emilye519 (#2)
    Jan 28 - Peasinapod (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Jan 30 - Madger (#2)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

8. snowjewelz

@sunnyday: I've just had her sleep next to me b/c I'm usually too tired to put her back somewhere lol. She loaves to be awake for like a 2-3 hr stretch MOTN... I'm like, go to sleep child!! She nurses till my nipples are raw too!

9. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: not at all! Thanks for doing it.
    @sunnyday: how ever you need to get sleep, do it!

So DH is flying out Monday till Wed night. So much for working from home for a couple weeks. I can deal with being by myself at night, since I can nap during the day, but I hate that I have to bring the baby into day care for drop off and pick up. I told the front desk I would leave her with them in the car seat with the cover so I don't have to take her upstairs to LOs room with me. But still all those germs

10. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I think it will be okay as long as she stays in the carseat! I've been making sure DD1 washes her hands and change clothes when she comes home... I am still hoping and praying we call make it through the flu season!

I solo DD2 at night too, and I don't even get to nap during the day

11. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: why don't you nap?

12. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: when I have time to nap I'm just not tired... And when I'm home I can find a million and one chores to do I don't get tired till like 4pm... But then that's when my mom leaves. So if I really want to close my eyes and DH is cooking dinner, I'll just give DD1 the iPad so I can dose off for a little bit. Then after dinner and after I do the dishes/clean up, I'm not tired either! So annoying!

13. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I can't imagine not napping. LO2 and I took an on and off 2 hr nap on the couch this morning. I feel way better!

14. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I have no idea what I'm running on; I don't even drink coffee! I'm seriously "fine" until 4-5 pm hits, then I get a 2nd wind, then I end up "napping" for an hour or so till DD2 decides to stay up and party...

15. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@ruby26: Congratulations! !

16. faithlove224

coffee bean / 38 posts

38w6days today, had an appointment with midwife 3 days ago and she did a cervical check. It wasn't painful at all! She said everything looked good, I'm at -1 station, 1cm dilated and 70% effaced. Of course those numbers don't mean anything so just waiting for some signs of labor now, still have 9 days to go til due date!!!

Congrats to the ladies who have had their babies!!! and goodluck to those who are still pregnant! We are almost there

17. Sharon25

apple seed / 4 posts

Congrats! I am so ready for baby to be born. The uncertainty and disappointment of day after day passing with no baby here is really getting to me!

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@ruby26: Congrats mama! Love her name!

For those who didn't see on Instagram, I'm also on the other side! Baby GIRL Cora Marion arrived today, 1/19, at 1:51 pm. 6 lbs 13 oz and 19.5 inches. 20 hours of natural labor, although I begged for an epidural between 6 and 8 cm, my doulas held me off. We are in love!

19. emilye519

cherry / 129 posts

Congrats! She's beautiful! And no epidaural, go Momma!!

I'm 38+5 today and had an appointment and check, I'm 80% effaced and 3 cm dialated so that's something! At least all these cramps are doing something! Although DH has an overnight shift tonight so I'd prefer for baby to wait for the weekend!

20. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: congrats!!!!

21. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Congrats! The wait is over and she is perfect! What a sweet little face.

22. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@faithlove224: @Sharon25: @emilye519: Hang in there, any time now! Then the real fun starts

23. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: so impressive you did it with no drugs. Congrats again!! Enjoy the cuddles!!

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Thanks ladies!! I'm totally hopped up on adrenaline and can't sleep even though I haven't slept in over 36 hours. DH meanwhile passed right out immediately after eating dinner an hour ago. Cora is sleeping in the bassinet next to the hospital bed and I just keep checking on her. Is this my life now?

25. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: do you when your life is that DH will always get more sleep? Yes! try and get some sleep. You will be up most nights for awhile.

26. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: congrats!!! You did it!! She is beautiful and can't wait to chat all things newborn with more of you now!

27. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Congratulations! I figured that you would have your baby before me. She is adorable.

28. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I had an appointment yesterday. Everything looks good and the induction was pushed back one day so my DH can make his meeting. I have appointments Monday and Thursday next week with the induction on Sunday at 41+6 if I get there. I'm just glad to be home today during the inauguration with streets and other closures.

29. Smurfette

@Mrs. Toad: I'm impressed your hospital does them on the weekends. Hopefully you don't need that date!

30. madger

cherry / 178 posts

@IRunForFun: congratulations! as a fellow 1/19 baby, I can confirm that it is an EXCELLENT day to be born! she's beautiful!

31. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Scarlett was born this morning at 7:50! And life begins with two

32. Smurfette

@Peasinapod: congrats!!! Love her name.

33. snowjewelz

January babies
    12/13 - Afishermanswife, Justin William Jr
    12/20 - snowjewelz Karis Joy
    12/23 - littlecasita1122, Baby Boy A & Baby Boy B
    1/4 - Smurfette Peyton Smith
    1/5 Sunnyday Bronwyn Patricia
    1/6 - Chillybear William Thomas
    1/12 - Babypugs
    1/17 - Ruby26 Karolina Annelise
    1/19 - IRunForFun Cora Marion
    1/20 - Peasinapod :girl" Scarlett

Jan 5 - Colette1285 (#1)
    Jan 9 - Limabeanbabies (#3)
    Jan 9 - Bluebubblez (#1)
    Jan 9 - Aimed121 (#2)
    Jan 16 - Mrs. Toad (#2)
    Jan 19 - Melissajoy89 (#1)
    Jan 20 - Sharon25 (#3)
    Jan 22 - MrsCDH (#2)
    Jan 24 - SaltySea (#2)
    Jan 28 - faithlove224(#2)
    Jan 28 - emilye519 (#2)
    Jan 29 - norcal_gal (#1)
    Jan 30 - Madger (#2)
    Feb 6 - nana87 (#2)

Always in our hearts
    Miriam Anne - Mrs. Pinata's daughter

34. snowjewelz

@Peasinapod: yay congrats! life with 2 is crazy... I'd say for us the first 2 weeks were brutal with everyone adjusting but now I feel like we have a routine going on and everyone's feeling a lot better!

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: Hooray, congrats! So awesome.

@snowjewelz: Glad to hear it gets easier! I almost lost it when my husband called to ask if he could go to a beer tasting after work. Like, dude, the 3 year old is naked on the kitchen floor throwing a tantrum because I haven't finished her food and she wants to play outside, the dogs are barking for dinner, and I'm running around with the baby tucked under my arm with her mouth full of boob. Beer is not going to happen. I'm impressed that some of you guys have figured it out already!

36. snowjewelz

@babypugs: Def have not figured it out... But I think first of all my hormones were crazy the first two weeks plus still bleeding so I myself was just an emotional sleep deprived mess. Plus DD1 clearly needed time to adjust.. She is not perfect now but at least I can predict her so much better. And not that there's much of a schedule, but I just feel much more "in control" if that even exists haha. But it's def going to be chaos when I go back to work and all our routines change again! I feel like now is the "easy" part!

37. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Peasinapod: Congratulations!

38. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Peasinapod: congrats!!! Hope transition to two goes great for you!!!!

Weekend! DH home, gah I'm excited, lol. I know we have two planned visitors today, plus the mudding guy for drywall! I took the girls to the zoo yesterday. DD1 had a PA day so was off school, left DS in daycare. Zoo was ok! I definitely nursed standing up/walking and then ended up holding her 90% of the time. Didn't bring my carrier as I hadn't had her in it yet, but man I don't ever have those kids that are sleepy in their bucket seats, lol. Oh well, was glad to spend the time with DD1, and glad we at least tried! We had a very lazy afternoon at home that involved napping! I may try her in the carrier soon when/if needed as she seemed to like that position. Has anyone nursed in their soft sided carrier? That's one I still can't get my head around, but I know is an option.

39. Smurfette

@sunnyday: I haven't nursed this one in the Ktan yet but I dud LO1. But I'm not a good person to ask, in general I'm not comfortable with nursing in public.

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Woohoo congrats! It's a baby having spree in here!!! And everyone is choosing such great names.

Just posted to the main board but we are dealing with a complete tongue tie and partial lip tie over here. RIP, nipples.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee