Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: They actually have been helpful this time! MIL vacuumed for us.

I just dropped 4 ozs that I'd pumped and spilled it all over the floor. My dog likes breastmilk...

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: I am so sorry. It hurts to lose breast milk. Glad the ILs are being helpful.

My MIL is here and it is fabulous. She is taking care of my 2 year old and holding the baby while I eat.

4. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Yay for being able to eat a hot meal with 2 hands!!

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Mrs. Toad: why is that she gets so fussy when I want to eat. And I'm the one to hold her not DH!

6. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Went for a walk yesterday wore the new born in my Tula and pushed the 2.5 year old in the bob. Felt like a workout even though I was just walking! Husband goes back to work tomorrow so I'm going to be solo parenting for the first time!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Nice!! DH took DD and the dog for a walk yesterday, he wore her in the Lillebaby carrier. It's super nice out today, so I'd kind of like to get out with her myself.

Last night started out suuuuper rough for us. With the ILs here, I think DD got overstimulated. She was awake for more than 2 hours, and at 6 pm started screaming and nothing could console her. Not milk, pacifier, rocking, walking, shushing. She'd fall asleep for like 2 mins and then pop awake screaming again. This went on for over 2 hours till after 8 pm, at which point she'd been awake for the better part of 4 hours. DH finally put her on her belly on his lap and she passed out. I transferred her to bed with me and she slept for 5 hours!!! I think that's the longest she's slept since birth!! So I got a 4 hour stretch myself. The rest of the night was only 2 to 2.5 hour stretches and I'm not sure the 2 hours of screaming was worth it but...at least I know she can do a stretch of 4 to 5 hours.

And she's a month old today!!

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Oh no! I have DEFINITELY cried over spilt breast milk! Sorry last night was rough, but happy one month!

@Mrs. Toad: That's awesome! Two handed meals are like folks these days.

@Peasinapod: Good luck, you can do it! The days I have both are challenging for me but we all survive somehow!

The crying is no joke these days. I can't remember when my first stopped crying so.dang.much. but it says six weeks in a lot of places, so fingers crossed!

9. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: I legit cry when I spill less than that! I'm so sorry mama!

@Peasinapod: I feel like such a super woman whenever I take both of them out like that! I love that baby is cozy close to me and I am free to be active with the older one! I've kept K in a wrap still even tho I bought the infant insert!

@IRunForFun: it is so hard at this stage when they are SO easily stimulated! I def prefer her to have s balanced day vs one stretch of good sleep among craziness; but at least you got s decent stretch!

So I'm trying not to wrap nap her in preparation of me going back to work.. My mom and DH are fine with wearing her but we all agree she needs to learn how to sleep on her own. So far she can only stay asleep on her belly; she has slept for so far 1.5 hrs by herself on her tummy! And somehow she turned her herself?! I put her down facing one way and next time I checked on her she had turned?!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I hope 6 weeks is right!! The crying over here last night was brutal.

@snowjewelz: Now that she's a month I'm going to try harder for a schedule. Goal is 90 mins max awake time and then I'll try to get her to sleep. So far up today around 9, asleep around 10:30, up again around 11:45, napping now at 1. I'd care to never repeat last night!

DD likes sleeping on her belly too!!

11. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Haha I am watching her now on the monitor flopping her head over by herself! So funny! Some day she manages a schedule pretty well but other days she's either fussy wanting to nurse all the time or refusing to nap. Or some days we're so crazy that I can't remember when she last ate/sleep!

12. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: my lo is 1 day younger than yours and we're no where near a schedule. Luckily so far though nursing can always put her to sleep so I haven't dealt with overtired. I've just dealt with attached to the boob all day!

13. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: DD put herself to sleep when I set her on the boppy on her tummy so I could eat. I wish I felt like it was safe for her to sleep on her stomach at night!!

@Peasinapod: Yeah I totally don't expect she'll actually stick to a schedule. Figure I might as well at least start trying!!

We all just went for a little more than a mile walk. It feels like spring today! 50 and sunny.

14. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: glad the night resulted in a good stretch for you! Do as much tummy time as you can to try and get her to roll over cause then tummy sleeping for the win.
    @snowjewelz: we put her down in her side in the RnP but she always has rolled back to her back when she wakes up.

She only woke up once to eat last night but she woke up like three times before that. Needed the paci or just settling. Couple times after eating and then at 530 brought her to bed. I realized I ate a chicken quesadilla for lunch and then a side of Mac n cheese for dinner. Her poop looks mucusey today too. So I think it was too much dairy for her:( mom fail.

15. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: OMG, 50 would be like the coldest day of our winter! Brrr! We're at 78 today.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: yea even tho she can turn her head now I still can't do overnight.

@Smurfette: aww, it's ok! Seems like she wasn't that affected otherwise?

We had a big fail too.. Took them to the park but I think her being a winter baby, she doesn't know how to sleep in the stroller! She was awake from like 1:30 to 4:30 Oops!

17. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: she's super fussy today. I got a text from DH saying where are you? I went to get my nails done and she had been crying the whole time. Of course I get home and she had stopped. I just picked her up and she fell right asleep.

18. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: so attached to mommy! I think our scent is automatically comforting

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Awww. Sorry about all the wake ups. One of the harder parts about pumping is she gets my milk delayed so I never really know what exactly I ate if she's fussy unless I started labeling the milk. Hooray for getting out for a manicure!! Hope you enjoyed it even if DD was upset.

@babypugs: Jealous! I was thinking 50 felt hot today haha. You must have really hot summers though!

@snowjewelz: Awww. Good for you for attempting the park though!!

20. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I should have taken her out and wore her at the park for s short nap! I couldn't get her down at all (been trying this WHOLE time) so I just did bed time routine and will attempt to just put her down for the night....

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

How's everyone doing today?

We had DD's 1 month appointment this morning. She's up to 7 lbs 13.5 ozs and she's 20.25 inches long. She was 6 lbs 13 ozs and 19.5 inches at birth. I asked the pedi about her milk intake and she said it's a bit low. It's 19 to 20 ozs a day and should be at least 24. She wasn't too worried since she's gaining weight and pooping and peeing...it's been such a fight to get her to take more than 2.5 oz per feeding. We've been using Dr. Brown's bottles with preemie flow nipples so after the appt I went to Target and grabbed a Nuk Naturals bottle with a level 1 nipple. I just got her to take 3 ozs from it, but it was still a struggle. We will see how it goes.

I'm so tired!! No long stretches last night.

22. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: she's growing so I wouldn't worry too much. She will eat more when she is hungry.

She took a 3 hr nap in the swing this morning. Which was great since LO didn't have school so we got some playtime. Only once she woke up I changed her and all poops have had blood in them ( I think). Have an appointment with the pedi tomorrow. She also projectile spit up last night. It easily was her whole feeding. So much!

23. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: What did the pedi say today? How are LO's diapers now? Hope you got some answers!!

We had a little victory last night in that DD slept independently for a 2.5 hour stretch and then for another hour, and then she was in bed with me till 8 am. She was fussing after being up at 5:30 and 6:30 so I put her on her belly on the boppy on the bed and she passed back out for an hour, but so did I! Totally not safe with her propped like that, thank goodness nothing happened. She's been fussy today, I think from gas. Luckily my mom came over this afternoon and rocked her and gave her a bottle so I got to shower and eat dinner with two hands, which was super nice!

24. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: two handed, still warm dinners are seriously the best!!!

I overate yesterday (bday celebrations, no rules, lol) and I think B paid for it today, just an unusually off day for her. We can blame the mass amounts of cheesecake, wooops!

25. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: well the diaper I brought in from last night was negative for blood. But she pooped while I fed her( why does she always do that!) while waiting for the pedi. So I showed the pedi the fresh one. She agreed it looked like blood. So she was going to test that one. Said they would call if there was blood. They never called. They look better today but still mucusey. We did start Zantac for reflux. The pedi thinks her grunting all night and during naps is from it so hopefully it will help soon. She only eats once overnight so it would be nice to enjoy/get the longer stretches. And move her into her room. I want our room back. I miss snuggling with DH watching TV before bed. She weighs 9.26lbs!

26. Smurfette

@sunnyday: oh I want some cheesecake!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Happy belated birthday!!

@Smurfette: That's good you got the Zantac, hope it helps LO feel better and you to get some good sleep!! DH and I haven't slept in the same bed since early pregnancy. I can't wait to get LO in her own room!!

Pedi said yesterday DD may be refluxing a little and to call if it got worse and I was contemplating calling today b/c she's been so fussy but I don't know...she just can't eat a lot in one go, acts so hungry but then cries and screams and pulls away from the bottle. Sigh.

28. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: that sounds like reflux. Does she arch after eating? Want to held up right after eating?

29. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun:
    @Smurfette:

I feel the same way about this possibly reflux. We have her 2 month appt today so it's my major thing to talk about. Some days I def hear her swallowing something. And she is still very fussy even with gripe water/gas drops/colic drops (may be overdoing it?). She always starts to get fussy after 5am up till it's time to get up. I wonder if it's worth going on meds just to see if it helps...

Also, EVERY night it takes me 2+ hrs to put her down. I literally nurse her a thousand times and rock her in between but she just won't fall/stay asleep till after 9pm! Then I'm so exhausted that I pass out too. I'm gonna start giving her 2 oz in additional to see if it helps.

30. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: what time is she last waking up? Maybe 9 is her bedtime?

Last night was bad. So much grunting, gas, etc. she slept on DH for three hours which is only how I got sleep. Then LO1 wasn't acting like herself and has puked twice now. I just pray the baby doesn't get it.

31. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: She was up around like 5-5:30! So she eats, hangs out while I shove dinner in my mouth then we are in bed nursing by 7 the latest.

32. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Accck hope the stomach bug is short for DD!

So the zantac isn't helping..? Or is gas still separate?

33. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: maybe try it earlier tonight Like 630 and see if that helps. The pedi says to give it a week and see if the medicine is helping.

34. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: yeah.. the timing just sucks b/c as soon as she wakes she is starving and crying, but then I still need to eat before putting her to bed in case it takes a long time!

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: We had an awful night too. She seemed sooo uncomfortable all night, restless and grunting and randomly crying out. She would only sleep on my chest and was so restless I didn't sleep. I was awake from 2:30 to 6:30. She's been super fussy all morning too. If this keeps up I'm def calling the ped about reflux.

I hope DD1's stomach bug is short lived and everyone else stays healthy!!

36. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: she is acting totally fine. Currently finding everything in her room to do but nap. Which is typical.
    @IRunForFun: sorry you had a bad night too!

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Aw man! You too with the gas/reflux? We've tried gas drops but not gripe water yet. I have some and may try it tonight.

38. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Not the dreaded stomach bug! DD1 finally kicked it and I spent yesterday washing and sanitizing EVERYTHING. No sign of it in the baby yet thank goodness.

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: @IRunForFun: I'm sorry you guys are all dealing with reflux-y issues! It really sucks. I think we're okay this time but for my first daughter I had to eliminate all dairy and tomato products for six months, which, sadly, made a huge difference. I really missed pizza.

39. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: yesterday (21!) was bday, so not belated! My sis and I are same day, so we did whole fam celebration Monday as we had the holiday. Thanks!

@snowjewelz: B is weird for "bedtime". Ready to sleep, between 8 and 10pm, but will only sleep in our arms now in that range, just before/at 10 she will then go into her bassinet and be out cold. We have tried and tried bassinet sooner, but no way, but if we leave her in arms, no problem, lol. Thankfully this has turned into DH hold her time while he watches hockey and I go work out!

How much coughing is acceptable? And if it's only at night am I safe to assume it's from congestion with being horizontal? I was freaked right out last night by her, scary cough, haven't heard it since. Big kids have/have had throat infections.

Started/almost finished (may never actually finish, haha!) B's room this week! Need an IKEA trip (hour away) for some floating shelves! And a lamp for middle of the night diaper changes! I used the hall light for just enough light last night.

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I honestly think if DD had food sensitivities or allergies I'd switch to formula. With the feeding troubles and stress we've had already I don't think I could handle it!! Hope baby stays healthy! Stomach bugs are the WORST!

@sunnyday: Love B's room! Not sure on the coughing...hope it was a one-off!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee