Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@babypugs: oh I didn't think about tomatoes. We had spaghetti on Friday ( leftovers lunch on Monday). Then I've had a lot of salsa and tomato on salad.
    @IRunForFun: her issues are making me considered formula. Only if she needs dairy free that formula is so expensive.

2. Smurfette

Bump

3. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: gorgeous nursery!!

On day 3 of solo parenting. It's actually going okay! My newborn so far has been very easy going. It's actually probably been good for me because it's teaching me I can put her down (for some reason I suffer from major guilt if I am not holding her ....) hopefully things will continue going smoothly. This week I'm working on handling the two of them, and next week I plan to go out to some drop in activities in the community with the two of them.

4. Smurfette

@sunnyday: not sure on coughing either. Love that quilt!
    @Peasinapod: glad that it is going well!

5. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Peasinapod: that's awesome! and yes, I know I need to put her down more esp since I'll be back to work soon... But it's just so much easier to wrap her up and go on and get things done!

@Smurfette: So our dr said K most likely doesn't have reflux. He said gripe water doesn't work that well and he doesn't like it bc of sodium so he said just to do gas drops. He doesn't think her "symptoms" are severe enough to be reflux.

Baby K is 11 lbs 4 oz but really short at 20.5" (that's like 1% lol). But with both girls I feel like sometimes they just don't stretch them out long enough, or they're too squirmy...

I don't know if she was really tired from the shots; but she went down within an hour last might and did a 7 hr stretch! So only woke up once to eat!!

I'm just worried about going back to work now... Need a new routine for everyone... And she will have to learn to sleep on her own more... I am a sucker for just wrapping her up most days b/c it's easier.

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: Glad solo parenting is going well!!

@snowjewelz: Awww roly poly baby!! My ped said the same about possible reflux and her symptoms not being severe enough but I still wonder...trying to give it time and not call or bring her back in right away and be paranoid FTM. Wow on 7 hours!!!

Last night was better than the night before but not great. She did sleep her first nearly 3 hour stretch in the rnp but then after she went back down was up less than 1 hour later. I had to pump so was up for almost 2 hours. But then she did another 2 hour stretch in the rnp. Pulled her into bed around 4:30. I think her natural wake time is between 6:30 to 7:30 but I'm sooo tired and not ready to be up then that I stick her paci back in repeatedly and force her back to sleep. I need to stop doing that so I think I need to start pumping before her last bed time feed and going to sleep straight away instead of feeding her then pumping, which keeps me up for another 45 mins.

Have an appt with my midwife today to check out my nipples which STILL aren't fully healed. Hoping for some answers!

Enjoying beautiful weather here though. 60 and sunny! Currently sitting on the porch with DD.

7. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Poor nipples Hang in there! DD1 was not as good of a sleeper and I was also way more anxious last time but it will get better!!

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks! And I don't know if you felt like the gripe water was really helping, but there is a brand without sodium bicarbonate - Colic Calm.

9. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: that's great she doesn't have reflux. Waiting to feed a hungry baby sucks(have to do meds, 3 times a day, and then wait 15 mins) nice stretch!
    @IRunForFun: At least she is starting to sleep more in the RnP. Baby steps!

I fed her last night at 8:15, asleep 9:15ish. Then she didn't wake to eat till 4! If only we didn't have to get up like 3 times in between to comfort her from grunting or reinsert the paci. But I do think the meds are helping. She is sharting less every day. I took her to my work today. I'm ready but SO not ready to go back in 5 weeks.

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

So my nipples are just straight up infected. Not thrush, just infection. I got a course of antibiotics that will hopefully clear things up finally!

I'm 5 weeks pp today but since I was there anyway today they did my follow-up and I'm cleared for all normal activity. Don't tell DH!

11. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I had to LOL at sharting. Is that not normal? DD does it a lot!!

12. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: haha! I told DH we were cleared and a week later it hasn't happened. So hard with her in the room and we have been going to bed at different times. glad that you finally know what is up with your nipples. Hope they finally get better!
    My first never had sharts. This one I lift her legs up to wipe her and she farts and poops! Luckily the live ones have stopped almost.

13. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I'm not looking forward to shots. She won't have her two month appointment till 10 weeks cause I made LO1 (4yr) and the baby's 2 month together. Super smart, they both get shots.

14. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: ohh good to know! If gas drops and probiotic aren't helping I'll get that! And I hope the antibiotics will help, fast!

@Smurfette: ugh the wait is long! Mine gets so hangry!

Oh and sex def has not happened in this house..... Lol. We almost did once... I forgot what stopped us haha! If we even just get to cuddle up and watch tv, we are happy!

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yeah LO is def struggling with gas. She'll grunt and writhe and then fart/shart and calm down for a while and repeat. I am glad the meds seem to be helping your LO, what a relief!!

@snowjewelz: Yeah DH and I have hardly had any time together since DD was born. But he works an odd shift so we don't have a lot of awake hours the same. I'm impressed you even came close to DTD!!

DD did a 4 hour stretch last night, but it was in bed with me. She only lasted 30 mins in the rnp. I could have tried harder to settle her there but was too tired. Then I was awake from 1:30 to 5 though because she was so grunty and uncomfortable, plus I had a stomachache from my antibiotics. I kept doing the "If I don't go to sleep now she'll be up again in 2 hours...she'll be up again in 1 hour...etc." So I was awake through 2 feedings. Sigh.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugh I feel you! DD was up twice for feeding and then from 5am on just grunting what not and I had to keep patting her so I couldn't sleep! I really hope they grow out of it soon! When she does a great stretch it's hard not to hope for it every night.

I think once DH comes back into the bed, I'm gonna side car the crib.. We kept thinking about doing it with DD1 but were too lazy to take it apart and set it up again. But I'm thinking if DD1 ever comes into our room later on we don't all fit on the king!

17. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: yeah we didn't have a good night either. I think I might try the crib tonight wondering if she wants more room. Couple times now she has been super grunting and I move her higher up in the RnP so she isn't all slotched together, and she went right to sleep.

18. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I would try it. Plus then you will have an easier time for her to eventually sleep on her own. And you get your bed to yourself!

19. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I wish we had a bigger master bedroom because I'd totally try to side car the crib! I just can't wait until I can put her on her belly. I think she'll do so much better. I did let her sleep on her belly on the boppy for about an hour right next to me on the bed this morning so I could sleep a bit more. I figured she'd cry if she was malpositioned.

@Smurfette: You have so much more patience than I do to reinsert the paci and reposition her so much! I just give up and bring her in bed. I really need to stop doing that so I can develop better sleep habits in the long run.

20. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I just don't sleep good with her in bed with me. Plus I am so afraid we wouldn't get her out of our bed. DH and I both are big believers that our bed is our bed. It is our space and time together.

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I feel ya. I was always adamant I'd never bed share or cosleep and I definitely don't want to do it long term. Well I don't WANT to do it at all, I'm just weak!!

I just watched a video about how to help gas/reflux that made me think of you. It showed a different way to change diapers that doesn't involve lifting the legs up. It said to roll them side to side to wipe instead of tipping them up.

22. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I'm with you. I'm shocked I have done it the times I have. I'm tired! I might head down to sleep in the basement after she wakes up to eat. I need a good solid 4 hours for once. But shouldn't we lift up her legs so it gets the gas out?

23. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Haha we bed shared with DD1 and never looked back! For us we chose sleep for all. We have our time downstairs in the living room and when we go to bed we just sleep. But I think side car will work better so we have a little more room!

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I guess it can make reflux worse by tilting stomach contents up?

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: We only have a full-sized bed so it's a tight squeeze!

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: oh that makes sense!

27. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

So DD unintentionally rolled from belly to back today. I laid her on her belly on the bed while I changed and she was upset and started kicking like crazy and somehow rolled herself over!

28. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: wow! Already!

29. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: I'm so glad it's going well! I also feel guilty setting her down, especially since she has a touch of flat head... but sometimes you just have to!

@snowjewelz: I don't think LO has successfully taken a single nap outside of the wrap. Not for lack of trying... it doesn't bother me but I know it won't work for daycare!

@IRunForFun: Not sleeping through multiple feedings is the worst. Can't believe she flipped already, awesome!!!

@Smurfette: I still want to believe that our bed is our bed,b but frequently all four of us somehow end up in our room!

It should be illegal for husbands to utter the phrase "I'm tired".

30. Smurfette

@babypugs: oh that crap pisses me off. DH tries to pull that when he is traveling he can't sleep cause 1) it is a hotel 2) he is so used to waking up he can't just sleep all night. Major eye roll from me. Dude you have three nights to sleep by yourself with no crying, grunting, etc to wake you up.

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: @Smurfette: I agree! DH works 2nd shift and so gets home around midnight. He will sleep in the guest room so he doesn't wake us up if he's sleeping. He will stay up another hour or two to decompress and then if he gets up at 8 or 9 he will say he's so tired because he got home late. I'm like um you just slept 7 hours uninterrupted. No.

I think we may be dealing with dairy sensitivity. Yesterday and today we gave DD one ounce of a milk-based formula to see how she'd tolerate it so I might be able to stop my middle of the night pump. Two diapers today had gelatinous clumps I can only assume were mucous and one diaper had what looked like flecks of blood. I will call the ped Monday but if it is a sensitivity we have to decide if I want to cut dairy or if we want to do a hypoallergenic formula - which is $$$!!

32. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: poor girl! You haven't noticed anything when you eat dairy?

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I've been restricting dairy because when she was about 2 weeks I ate a cream based soup with cheese and she seemed miserable. I've had a little dairy - butter and cream cheese, but no milk, yogurt, cheese, etc. DH thought it was coincidence and I was paraboid but this kinda confirms it for me.

34. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I've been avoiding it this week and last night had stuffed shells and mucusey poops all day.

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Do you think you might cut dairy entirely? I hate to do it but I don't want to be making LO uncomfortable or in pain and I was looking at the hypoallergenic formulas and if we went that route we'd go to the poor house! I'm anxious to see what my ped says. What does LO's mucous look like in her diaper? What I noticed was yellowish brown like her normal poop but was literally the consistency of jelly.

36. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: Yeah right now I am going to avoid it. It will be hard and sucks but most babies outgrow by 6-9 months. I want to start to wean at 6 months so hopefully I will be able to. And yes to spots of jelly looking. Also just really stringy looking.
    My pedi did tell me that since it was negative for blood that she isn't has concerned about mucus if the baby doesn't seem to be hurting. She was fine all day but I would feel better just giving it up. Oreos are dairy free if you want something sweet.

37. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Smurfette: @IRunForFun: you guys are making me think my lo might have a milk intolerance she's had a few green mucusy poops but no blood, and she's very happy. I wonder if it's worth me trying to cut dairy?

For those who have used a soother how do you get baby to take it? My first never did and now at a little over 5 weeks I'm trying to introduce it but Scarlett wants nothing to do with it!

Week 1 solo parenting I would say was a success. Made it out to the park a few times . Next week I'm going to the library and some play groups. My biggest concern is timing breastfeeding when I'm not at home since it's harder to watch my older one in public while breastfeeding!

Hope everyone is doing well, I can't believe it's almost march and not only are our babies here but they're becoming babies now rather than newborns

38. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@snowjewelz: could the ppl who will be watching your lo when you go back to work wear her for naps? My lo will likely always have morning nap in a carrier since we'll be going out to activities for the older one .

39. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: I'm so paranoid about flat head as well! It causes me to avoid the swing and rock n play even though lo is so content in either of those ...

40. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sunnyday: how is your lo feeling? Has the cough cleared up?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee