Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Thanks. She did fall back asleep from 8 to almost 10 and I got to sleep during that time too.

We tried mixing her Zantac into a bottle this morning to get her to take it better. The pharmacist said to do it 15 mins before eating but the ped said mixing it was OK and the bottle said it can be taken with food. She still didn't like it much!

2. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Bump

3. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

B just had a monster morning nap! Was due to eat at 10! Fell asleep in car seat when we dropped DD1 at school around 9am and slept til 11:25! Unreal! I got so much done! Spent some solid time with DS, so that was nice.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: I asked our pharmacist about flavoring and he said it has a mint flavoring already( we have the genetric brand). But maybe take it back and see if they can add flavoring.

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Glad you figured out a way for her to take the Zantac! DD still projectile vomits soooo much milk pretty regularly but it doesn't seem to bother her and she's definitely growing, so I'm fine with it!

@sunnyday: That nap sounds like it was refreshing for you both!

DD slept two hours and then after an hour up slept ANOTHER two hours before I had to hold her the rest of the night!!!!!! Might not sound like much but that's major progress over here! ETA it was even more awesome because I started putting her in the pack n play (raised at one end) instead of the inclined napper just two nights ago!

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@sunnyday: Wow nice!!!

@Smurfette: We do too, it's mint. So the milk tasted slightly minty. I tasted it, LOL. It's like a bitter mint.

@babypugs: Yeah it didn't really seem to bother her, she was smiling at me after! I have a thing about vomit though, I can't handle it, so I was a wreck. Yay for sleep progress!! Can I say it makes me feel better to hear about your sleep experiences when many others are chatting about 5 or 6 hour stretches? Haha.

7. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Haha, I actually have a pretty severe vomit phobia but somehow it doesn't bother me when it comes to my kiddos. And I agree, I feel so behind reading about others' nice stretches, so while I'm not glad you're in the trenches, it's nice not to be alone.

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: Yep, severe vomit phobia here too! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship! Hehe.

9. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: Haha, bad baby sleep and emetophobia soul mates!

10. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: @IRunForFun: I'm with you guys for the sleep. 3 hour stretch is usually my longer followed by anywhere from 30min-2 hours... my first slept worse than that though so I'm not too surprised .

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Peasinapod: I know we've talked about it before, but I'm with you-- my first was SO much worse that I don't even feel like I can complain!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: @babypugs: Wow even worse?? That's rough!! I keep thinking I must just be doing everything wrong because she doesn't sleep well. I'm in a local mom's group and all the moms (well not ALL but it seems that way) are chatting about ways to reduce engorgement since their babes are sleeping such long stretches and I'm like...

13. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: if it makes you feel any better at 1 my first became an amazing sleeper. At 2.5 she sleeps 12 hours and takes a 2 hour nap!

14. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@babypugs: haha I know. I've actually told people S is a good sleeper but when I give them more details they're like ' that's good?!' In my head it is though!

15. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

DD1 wasn't the best sleeper and so far DD2 has never been up for longer than a quick drink so I feel good!

DD2 turned 3 months on Monday! I think it is time for me to start trying to put her in the bassinet that we have to set up, haha.

Last time she actually rejected my boob and went on to suck her hands! She did that and fell asleep, but only for 5 minutes haha. The problem is her hands are inside the arms up swaddle. I'm tempted to let her hands out to see if she can soothe herself....

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I don't know how you all survived your first. DS was a rock star sleeper, so DD is actually worse, even though she sleeps up to 6 hours straight. I did say that if DD was half as good as DS, I would be happy and I am.

17. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: Hard to believe that she is 3 months already. DD will be 2 months on Monday.

18. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Peasinapod: So there's hope! Haha.

@babypugs: Well you are doing better than I am on one count - DD still won't do any stretches anywhere but in bed with me. At all. Ever!

@snowjewelz: 3 months already!! Wow! Bye bye 4th trimester!

I am wondering if Zantac might be upsetting DD's stomach a bit. Since yesterday she's had a bunch of crazy blow outs when in her previous 2 months I think she only had one ever! She's pooped on so many onesies and outfits now.

19. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Mrs. Toad: I don't know either! I was pretty firmly one and done for a while.

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Can't believe how fast these babes are growing up!

21. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: is she still have mucous poops? Mine has been having blow outs too. Since I didn't realize I was eating dairy after all.
    @snowjewelz: try it no swaddle and see how she does. Is she close to rolling?

Is anyone's LO rolling? Mine has rolled to her side but I haven't seen it again in like a month. She rolled back to belly but it was on our bed so I think gravity (slight dip on each of our sides) helped her. She hates tummy time so I don't think she will be rolling belly to back any time soon.

22. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Some of her poops are mucousy, yeah.

DD has rolled twice from belly to back but it was unintentional. Both times she was upset and just kinda flailing around and somehow got herself over. She hasn't done it in a couple weeks.

23. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: btw, I got some Ben & Jerry dairy free ice cream, it isn't bad. Also did you know McDonalds fries have milk too

I know it will take 2-3 weeks to come out of my system fully so I have to wait but I think LO had some blood specks in her poop today granted I thought it before and it wasn't blood. So who knows. At least she doesn't seem bothered by it.

24. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh man I didn't know that about the fries!! I've tried a couple dairy free ice creams now and the best ones I've found are Trader Joe's coconut based chocolate ice cream and the So Delicious cashew milk ice cream.

I also discovered taco seasoning has dairy!

25. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: @IRunForFun: crazy so many non diary food have diary in it?!

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: I hate coconut!
    @snowjewelz: seriously. Who would have thought it was in fries or CFA nuggets? At least CFA fries are safe!

27. Smurfette

Ha! Tried tummy time before bed, she wasn't happy, but she rolled belly to back.

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm getting a bit worried about DD. Since Monday she hasn't seemed to eat as frequently or for as long and has had the projectile vomit and a bunch of blowouts. Tonight she screamed and screamed and didn't want to eat even though she was acting hungry and it had been 3 hours. I weighed her and she is actually down half an ounce since our ped appt Monday. She finally nursed a bit side lying but I weighed her before and after and she only transferred an ounce but is now refusing to re-latch.

29. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

She did a one time belly to back at 17 days old. I saw a back to belly roll about a week ago. Both were on the carpet. I haven't seen either since. DS rolled early, so she might as well.

30. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Mine has rolled belly to back a couple times... but I think she was on an angle. I swear LO1 literally didn't roll until she crawled at 9 months so I was shocked!

@IRunForFun: Hope everything is okay.

31. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: do you think the meds aren't agreeing with her? Is your scale always the same as the pedi?

@babypugs: my first LO was early with her milestones, she was crawling at 6.5 months and cruising not long after. She didn't roll back to belly till 4 months that I saw. I think she did it earlier at daycare but they wouldn't come out and say it, which was fine with me.

32. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I am so sorry; you must be so worried! I would make another appt... Woukd she take a bottle in the mean time? Even formula?

33. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@Smurfette: funny on your rolling Q, B today started really arching and twisting her head/neck as if to go for a roll! She didn't get anywhere, but it's definitely the beginning, eeeek!!

34. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

@IRunForFun: is she settled now or still screaming? Poor little one!! Hopefully she eats up a tad more and can get settled.

35. sunnyday

kiwi / 573 posts

Why am I awake, gah. Hope I don't pay for this!!!

....also, I had a Skor mcflurry tonight, I honestly think since being sick I have been eating worse than ever an am gaining weight again. I feel like I don't care, but I do? Part of me thinks I'm scapegoating cause I'm nursing and lazy, then I blame it on celexa and/or depo provera. And then I just come back to the fact I love to eat, hahaha. Messed up. It was delicious and someday I'll get back on track.

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@sunnyday: I have no idea about my weight. I have no interest in doing anything about it until I return to work. Until then, whatever goes.

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@IRunForFun: Oh no! I am not a worrier but that would make me schedule another appointment with the pedi. Could it be that she has MSPI or that there are other triggers, some kids react to rice or corn? I really hope you find a solution soon so she and you can feel better!

@sunnyday: That thinking sounds familiar, I always swear I'll eat better in the morning and by midnight I have had a bunch of chocolate, gummy bears and maybe some chips. Back to start the next morning

@Smurfette: wow, you probably have another early mover on your hands! J has rolled before usually when he's very angry aka screaming but it's not intentional. Disclaimer I don't let my kids scream like crazy all the time but sometimes When I am alone and nursing one twin the other has to wait, so cue the screaming.

38. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@sunnyday: Eh, it'll come off eventually. One treat isn't so bad!

@IRunForFun: How are things this morning?

Of course when I brag about a good night, this happens: one hour long stretch followed by no sleep the entire rest of the night unless I held her upright. I think she has another cold, but no amount of snot sucking helped.

39. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: she was crying too so that might have helped her along. Not a fan of tummy time at all.
    @babypugs: we had a rough night as well. One 4 hr stretch and then up every 30-60 mins.

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: I am thinking maybe the meds aren't agreeing with her.

I got her to eat for maybe 5 more mins last night and she settled and slept for 3 hours. She seemed to nurse OK through the night. I'm going to call the ped today.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee