Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: my problem with those is that they are so small. For just a while here & there I'd dump her in the pnp. With DD1 it worked out that I took a playyard thing but just left it straight as a long gate and she was locked in our living room that's relatively safe-ish. But that was only when she was crawling/cruising. As soon as she walked right at 1 she wanted out hah!

2. snowjewelz

What's up everyone!

I got a mama recently! She had been saying dada and nana but took her a while to get to mama! I don't even think she really means me, but whatever, lol!

Eating ferociously and sleeping is so-so. Pulling up and cruising and still hates crawling! Oh and no teeth

3. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Hiiii!

So exciting that you got a "mama" out of her! DD's first consonant sound was the "m" so she does a lot of "mamamamama" babbling. Once in a while she just says "mama" but I'm pretty sure she hasn't connected it with me yet. I like to pretend though. She only just started babbling "dadadada." She makes a bunch of other weird noises though, haha.

We are doing OK! She's still not much for solids. Most days she'll eat maybe a few bites of purée and a few puffs and that's about it. We keep trying and hopefully one day it will click. She has mastered transitioning from crawling to sitting to standing and back again, but no attempts to cruise yet. Thank goodness because she's still pretty wobbly and would fall over immediately. She's got her two bottom teeth!

Sleep has gone to crap. She was SUCH a good sleeper from about 3.5 to 6 months and it feels like it's been downhill from there. She is just restless all night, a lot of times she doesn't really need anything, she just wakes up and fusses for a while before she goes back to sleep, but of course then I am awake. If she really starts getting upset I go in and change and nurse her, but often it still takes her a while to go back to sleep after that. Sometimes I end up having to go back in and rub her back. Some nights I'm awake for 3+ hours at a stretch listening to her fuss and tending to her. It's so frustrating. I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue by trying different nap times, feeding her at different times, not going in to tend to her at all, going in to tend to her as soon as she fusses, and NOTHING seems to make a difference. I'm hoping it's just a phase...

4. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I think knowing how to go from one position to another is great and crucial! Cause mine just gets upset when she launches herself all over the place or gets stuck somehow doing things she's not supposed to! There is def a big regression seeing they are developing so much! We had a pretty bad week last week where she was up almost every hour angry and now it has gotten better. I think it's easier for me to weather these crap sleep phases knowing they don't go on forever!

5. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: @IRunForFun: Aw, your little ladies are doing so great! Sorry about the sleep though. No super exciting updates here except that DD slept 11 to 6 last night! I feel so well rested. She keeps trying to crawl but face plants instead. It's pretty adorable.

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Nothing much over here. She is pulling up on everything and loves to walk with us. She still army crawls most of the time cause it is faster. Sleeping good. Although the last couple nights waking up at 9 and seems so uncomfortable. Maybe teething? I don't see anything but not sure what is going on. We are having to rock her to sleep so we can put her down.

7. snowjewelz

It's been 2.5 weeks since she turned 8 months and we're just going to her 8 mo appt today I feel so bad too; we got stuck with a bad timing appt and can't get out of it so I hope she's not too cranky!

8. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: How was the appointment? We have to wait until 9 months!

9. snowjewelz

@babypugs: It was good! Growing well; 17.5 lbs and I forget how many inches. Got the last Hep B shot plus her flu shot. Next is 10 month and big sister will go with her to get a flu shot too. Is the amazing sleep still going on? We have good days and bad days... Def no STTN but I call it a good night as long as she nurses back to sleep!

Super cute, she says "yay/yeah" whenever she pulls up to stand, and she says hi to us! She says daddy and sister in Chinese, but she never says mama, more like mum mum. I'm like whaaat c'mon! When she wants me it's just Wahhh!!!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Wow, so cute that she's saying words already!! I can't wait for that with DD, but she's nowhere close. She still doesn't consistently make consonant sounds except when she's upset.

We don't have an appt between 6 and 9 months so we've got a little over a month to check how she's doing.

I'm ready for this leap that lasts from like 33 to 37 weeks to end. DD is soooo fussy and clingy. She's also getting over a cold so that doesn't help. I need a break!!

11. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh yeah, flu shot time! I can't believe your babe is speaking, mine mostly just yells, squeals, and bangs on things to demand more food, ha!

@IRunForFun: What happens with this leap? I don't keep up!

12. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I feel like it's much easier for her to pick up sounds/words b/c we talk SO much more with another kid around. With DD1 sometimes I feel like I had to make a conscious effort to talk more! And with DD1 I think she only started saying mama after 9 months. Hang in there!! You started leap 6? We just got out of it!

13. Smurfette

We don't have an appointment till 9 months, and it will be a week after. But I really want to know how much she weighs. She is still so tiny. Wore a 3M demin shirt today. She has a touch of a bug this past week, so hasn't been eating great and pooping out everything. Super fun. So much laundry!! She is pulling up on everything. Starting to take a couple steps (cruising). No teeth and doesn't talk. Not even Dada. She is moving up to the next room at day care. She looks so little compared to everyone else. But I expect her cruising to increase since she will be wanting to keep up with everyone.

14. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Aww, as long as she is gaining on her curve! I'm always curious about weight gain too! Mine is a tiny bit behind DD1 at the same age. Ugh lots of poop is no fun! And mine still has no teeth too! I asked the dr and she said there are 1 year olds with no teeth! That's crazy to me since DD1 starting sprouting teeth nonstop since 6 mo!

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: C is wearing a 3 month onesie today! I think she's around 14.5 pounds right now at almost 8 months. Boo about the bug. Hope she's better now!

@snowjewelz: I feel like I talk to DD constantly, like stream of consciousness. She does sometimes babble "dadada" and "mamama" etc so hopefully she connects them with us soon. Though I wouldn't be surprised if her first word was "dog" or our dog's name because she is obsessed with him!

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: K is super into the dog too! She really grabs and pulls her fur though so our dog has been kinda avoiding her lol

17. snowjewelz

K is 9 months old today!! I know I am super early since she's actually a Dec baby. Time flies! I feel like we have to start getting ready for their 1st birthdays! Speaking of that, I have no idea what to do! DD1's birthday is also in Dec, and she cares so I'm more focused on that

18. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Aw, happy 9 months! Longer out than in!!! I've also been thinking about birthdays and am SO NOT READY.

Also, venting here bc I don't want to in real life....I am SO overwhelmed with everything on my plate right now. Nothing is bad, but work is crazy, housework is crazy, my little darlings are crazy....I need a for real do nothing day! Impossible of course

@Smurfette: No teeth or words here either! WTF, DD1 had a mouthful art this age! How's the new class? You guys hanging in there?

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I've already started planing her bday. Well looking at Pinterest really.
    @babypugs: I know how that is. Our house is a mess, the living room ceiling could just cave in, staring to cool down some and now we can't use the deck. Stupid hurricane and tree. But we are ok and right now can live in the house so trying to focus on that and not how much we have to spend for the deductible and extra to get more trees taken down. Sigh....
    So far she is doing great in the new class. She never has napped good. But today she took one 1.5 hr nap with the bigger kids( room is mobile to walking/15months) but I am just glad she is over the bug she had and finally eating good again. She is happy and playing when we pick her up.

She isn't STTN anymore. But hoping now the bug is over I'm hoping she does again. She started cruising some last night. Still NO teeth.

20. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: That sucks. We dealt with it a couple years ago after a crazy flood hit our town and it's just such a freaking ordeal. I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with it. Glad the naps are maybe going to be better in this class! How excited are you about the upcoming winter illness season??

21. snowjewelz

@babypugs: hugs mama. I know the feeling and it sucks that there is no break. I just try really hard to remember nothing lasts forever. Vent all you want; I get it!! Abd yeah, 9 mo and no teeth is crazy to me too!!

@Smurfette: ugh I am so sorry you have to deal with that in top of everything!!

22. Smurfette

@babypugs: well I hadn't thought about winter sickness yet.......

23. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: Whoopsies, sorry! Maybe it'll be a mild season. I forget other people don't uselessly worry about things months in advance, ha!

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks lady. Yes, it definitely gets easier after the infant sleeping and eating stage is past! We aren't far...

25. snowjewelz

@babypugs: but then there will be two active kids to run after lol!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: I loved your 9 months in/9 months out photo!!

@babypugs: Vent away! So sorry you are overwhelmed. I hope you can at least find a few hours of "do nothing time" soon, maybe on a weekend if DH can take over for a bit? PS I worry about illness way in advance too ha.

@Smurfette: Ugh SO sorry about the house disaster. Glad it wasn't worse and everyone is OK. Hope P starts STTN again soon!

C is 8 months as of Tuesday and has her 2nd ear infection (after having a cold.) Her sleep has been ALL over the place. Just trying to go with the flow while sick. 2 bottom teeth and working on the top 2. Finally babbling more, saying "dada" but of course no "mama" yet. She's been pulling up for quite a while but is starting to try to climb and cruise. Crazy kid! Currently sitting in Target parking lot while she takes a catnap after library story time.

27. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Ugh I hate ear infections! Is she feeling better?

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: She's still tugging her ear a lot so I'm bringing her in for a re-check this afternoon.

29. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Boo Mine's been playing with her ears a lot too, but when we were at check up dr just said it seems that she has discovered them!

30. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: any progress on the tree?

@babypugs: has life slowed down just a tiny tiny bit for you to catch your breath?

Sleep has been crappy over here... Not that it's ever been great but she's def using me as a pacifier lately. Her separation anxiety is also pretty high lately. Fine if I'm not even there, but if she can see me, she wants me! And since she can move around she will just try to latch herself onto me and not let go!

31. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: waiting on contractors and insurance. Sigh.....

32. snowjewelz

How's everyone doing! We've been so quiet! I think we're still in the 8-10 month sleep regression, ugh!

33. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Sorry for such a slow response! Kind off still treading water. Last week and this week are the worst of it, so I'm looking forward to being on the other side! So sorry sleep is bad. I never know what to expect there!

How's everyone's weather?? It's still hot here!

34. snowjewelz

@babypugs: It's finally starting to cool down! I don't love winter, but the constantly 80 degree weather was killing me! I think we're finally entering into the comfortable/cool fall weather!

35. Smurfette

Things here are good. Had her 9M appointment yesterday and she is 15lb 3.8ozs and 26". She is less then 8th% on everything. But I looked and she is only an inch shorter and less then a pound smaller then my 1st at the same age. My 1st finally gained weight between 9-12M once the spit up stopped. So we will see. I am going to have to go buy winter stuff in 6M since she can't fit into the 6-12 stuff that I have. Most nights she STTN. I love this stage. I can't wait for her to walk!

36. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

We are doing OK here! DD will be 9 months next week, we gave away our baby scale, so I'm interested to see how much she weighs. I'm hoping she's reached 15 lbs!

She's getting 3 of her top teeth at once, which is kind of funny. She got a central incisor and a lateral incisor first, so she had a lopsided smile, now the other central incisor is coming in. She'll have 5 teeth after that. Sleep is a crapshoot. Sometimes it seems like it's going well for a while and then it goes to hell. She's starting to cruise the furniture a bit and climb, but not standing independently yet. Babbling up a storm but no real words, not even mama or dada! Getting much better with solids, she'll eat pretty much whatever, but girlfriend LOVES graham crackers.

It's a really fun age, watching her explore and figure things out.

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Yep I've gotta go buy some fleece footed PJs and some long-sleeve onesies in 6 month size! Or just long-sleeve shirts. Tiny babies!!

38. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Ahh, STTN is so nice! Not happening here at all but I can see that she is freaking moving EVERY SECOND of the day so she's def working on stuff and she is in a leap right now. I can't wait for for real walking too! DD1 is dyyyying to play with her!

39. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: What have you been doing about that one feed overnight (from your other thread)?

DD2 has TINY feet, so I have to get her all new shoes since her sister's feet were huge!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Last night I got up and fed her right away and it worked out well. The night before that she threw me for a loop and was up a whole bunch. We are traveling tonight so I guess I won't know how the feeding her immediately thing is really working out till next week!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee