Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: DD's feet are just slightly bigger than newborn right now!! She fits in a size 1 with a little room to spare.

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@IRunForFun: Same here!

3. snowjewelz

10 month check up! 7% height lol, at 27 something inches, and 18.5 lbs. No wonder she looks like such a chubster; b/c she's so short! I am sooo tired these days b/c she DOES NOT STOP MOVING, EVER!! I can't really gate the living room again since my older one needs access... So it's constantly re-directing her!

4. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: We just had the 9 month check up and she won't be 9 months until Friday. Almost 20 lbs and 27".

Good thing that she is doing so well. I am going to slowly reduce her breastmilk intake while at work. I'm not making what she's drinking. She loves her solids though. She also drinks lots of water. I think she eats more than my 3 year old at times.

We have 6 teeth, crawling and cruising. No words, but at least we have sounds. Great checkup overall.

5. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I agree with the appetite! It's a real challenge to get her to drink milk! I'm always trying to put it in new cups to entice her. I can only pump 2 bottles so I started giving her formula for the last bottle of the day since that's the one she usually ends up wasting anyway.

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: My DD is super short too! 25.5 inches at 9 months, 5th percentile. 15 lbs, 2 oz. She's more interested in solids than she was a month ago but still not that excited about them. She gets 2 meals and a snack basically and sometimes it's a struggle to get her to eat much at the meals. She hasn't taken to any sippy cups yet. We have tried 3 kinds but she wants to drink out of an open cup so we have to hold it for her. Going to try a straw cup next so we can leave water out for her. She struggles terribly with constipation, so we really need to get her drinking more. She still nurses 6-7x a day.

She is still up at least once a night, sometimes twice, once this past week FOUR times.

Crawling and cruising everywhere, like @Mrs. Toad: DD no words yet but lots of sounds. 6 teeth and her smile looks so different!!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Our kiddos are still really similar in size!!

8. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: our sleep is kinda all over too. had a really rough week, then suddenly she was fine, and then she was def up multiple times last night! I guess I can see all the things she's working so hard on so I'm more at peace with an "explanation"! Don't they seem like such a big kids with teeth?! I guess I'll treasure her toothless gummy smile a little longer!

9. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: She doesn't waste her milk at daycare, but I'm not making 8 ounces for her anymore. I'm making 5, 6 on a good day. I am breaking out my frozen stash, but also giving her only 6-7 ounces in two bottles, instead of two 4 ounce bottles. I just hope to make it to January without having to supplement. Then, I can just move her to whole milk at daycare. She nurses fine with me and seems to have more than enough then.

@IRunForFun: We had been using an open cup that I hold for her, but she just figured out her sippy cup. Now, I have to watch for overly wet diapers. She loves water.

Sorry to hear about the sleep. Hopefully they both STTN soon.

10. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Nice to hear all these updates! We had our nine month checkup last week and I can't remember stats but she's 25th % for about everything. It seems crazy to me that she's considered on the"small" side because she is straight enormo compared to big sis at that age, ha! Just a little chunk of love.

@Mrs. Toad: @snowjewelz: Glad I'm not alone, my pumping supply is atrocious. I keep shrinking bottle sizes and hoping she'll make up for it at home. Thank goodness daycare hadn't complained!

11. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I technically don't have to supplement but I just want to make sure I can make it till the end of the year. So close yet so far!!!

@babypugs: We can do it!!! I seriously cannot wait till 1 tho haha! I'm for sure gonna stop pumping right away, but if she wants to nurse on the side and I actually still have some milk left, I'd let her. This is such new territory b/c I dried up at 9 months last time!

12. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: @snowjewelz: Good luck making it to a year ladies, you can do it!

I'm not sure if I mentioned (I think I did) but at our 9 month visit the pediatrician said to wait till 1 year before trying to introduce dairy through my diet or hers. Ugh. I thought we were going to be able to try now but she wants her to have 6 months since a reaction and she reacted at 6 months. I'm torn about whether to wean at a year or not if she still has dairy troubles. Selfishly I'd want to so I can eat dairy myself, but then I think well if she can't have cow's milk I should keep giving her breastmilk. So we will see what happens. If she can have dairy and then so can I I'll keep going till she self weans, till I dry up, or till 18ish months. Whichever comes first!

13. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww... Well, here are def a lot of alternatives... I think I just saw another post about cow's milk alternatives? I'm actually interested in trying Ripple milk for both the girls when K2 is 1.

14. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: @snowjewelz: Sorry to hear that you all are in this boat as well. I'm just hoping to get to January without supplementing. After 11 months, she can go to whole milk if I can't make enough.

@IRunForFun: Thanks for the support.

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

I'm actually quite nervous about what's going to happen to our nursing relationship after I'm away from her for 6 days soon. I'm going to take a professional workshop for a certification and I'll be away from a Saturday to Friday. I'm worried she won't to nurse after nothing but bottles for that long! Also a bit concerned about keeping up with pumping while gone and in workshops 9-5.

16. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I'm hoping since it's doula/birthing (I'm assuming) related, they are good about giving people breaks or even pumping on the spot or something? Aside from that, I feel like every kid is so different! This one is a boob lover so I feel like if I were to be away, she'd just bounce back to nursing no problem.

17. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@IRunForFun: they are so close in size. So day care (mis communication) gave her oatmeal with milk. So she doesn't seem allergic but her poop got really dark, which the pedi could be a reaction to dairy. So we haven't tried anything else. Once her tummy is back to normal from this bug, we are going to try some baked dairy and see how she does. I don't see why you need to wait till 12M. Did the pedi say why?

I know it is normal, but it is freaking me out that she has no teeth still.

She had a stomach bug last week and still has a little diarrhea from it. But otherwise is good. I feel like the spitting up is getting less. I can't get her to eat anything herself besides puffs. Most foods when I try and spoon feed her she wants nothing to do with. Loves purees, puffs, and Mum mums. Urg! I do not want to continue this hell-a expensive formula past one.

18. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Haha I'm starting to embrace no teeth! At least she can't really chomp down on my nipples! And knowing how fast they grow, I am loving the toothless gummy smiles! Other HBers say the later the teeth the healthier they are!

19. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: I read something today that said the opposite! So who knows. The gummy smiles are adorable, but I also love when they have a couple teeth.

Any one planning a bday party yet?

20. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Haha! I guess either way there's nothing we can do!

My girl's birthdays are 2 weeks apart so we're having a joint party plus on their own birthdays we'll celebrate at home.

DD1 wants Frozen theme (surprise surprise lol), so I'm just gonna do snowflakey theme for 1st birthday. DD1 also had "winter wonderland" theme for her 1st; I'm trying to find the box of leftover decorations!!

21. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: We are going to do Winter ONEderland theme. I need to figure out what I am going to do and start looking for snowflake since Christmas stuff is coming out now. We might do it at lunch time and serve chili. Or we wait and do a 5pm one and pray she takes a good nap, so she can stay up a little later. Either option my family will stay a while and drink plenty.

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Hope it goes well for you. DD loves me, but I don't know if she would go back to nursing either.

23. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: I'm not really planning a party at all. We still don't have many friends here, and the only family coming is my ILs. We'll just go out and have cake at home.

24. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: With DD1 I think we did 11-2 so right between her 2 naps! I actually bought some stuff on Oriental Trading last time! This party we will probably do 4:30 and on. Since it's just family it will be party and dinner all in one.

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Yeah, it's a childbirth educator training! And I put on my registration form that I'd be pumping. I'm more worried about making myself stick to a schedule! Lol. I need to fit in 6 pumps per day I think.

@Smurfette: The pedi just said she wanted there to be 6 months since she'd had a reaction before we tried again. So since she reacted at 6 months that is a year. DD doesn't feed herself anything besides finger foods. With a purée if we give her the spoon she just bangs it on her tray.

I a loosely planning a birthday party in that I have a date and theme in mind, but that's about it. I think I'm going to do an owl theme. She has a bunch of owl stuff and her gift is going to be the Owlivia rocker, then I found a super cute onesie and tutu on etsy that says, "Look whoo's 1." Target actually has some adorable owl decor too. Like @snowjewelz: I think we will have it somewhere between 11 and 2 so it falls between naps, and do a bunch of apps (fruit, veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, mini meatballs, etc) and cake.

26. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: that makes sense. I really want to give her dairy, it would make my life so much easier. Then I just give her and big sister the same dinner. Owls would be so cute! I partly did the Winter theme cause I have silver stuff in a tub from big sister's Twinkle Twinkle 1st bday, that I can reuse. Luckily a friend has an etsy shop and will make me stuff that I don't have to pay for (the design work).

27. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@IRunForFun: That is a long time; hope it goes well! I have had a lot of conferences/speaking engagements recently and scheduling has been tough but people are generally fairly accommodating if you ask firmly. Not gonna lie, I've pumped in some weeeeeird places though....like the electrical closet/key room behind a hotel desk!

28. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: @Smurfette: @Mrs. Toad: I'm not ready for birthdays!!!! I think we're going to stick with family for one. Wish I had more motivation!

29. Smurfette

@babypugs: Mine is just family. But my side my Aunts/cousins are like 2nd parents and siblings, so we are at like 50 for just family!

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: @Smurfette: Oh ours will just be family too, mayyyybe a couple friends, but it will probably be about 10 people aside from us. I figure I can still do a fun party regardless!

31. Smurfette

So we have decided to just do immediate family for the party. That is still 23 if everyone comes but much easier.

Heads up, Target dollar spot has cute winter/snowflake stuff if anyone is going with that theme.

32. snowjewelz

I am trying to get my birthday/christmas shopping done soon, so then I can focus on the rest like decorations, cakes, etc! Ahh, so much stuff now that it's 2 kids with birthdays 2 weeks within each other! We have 5 family birthdays between now and end of year!

33. snowjewelz

Ack, poor K has an ear infection. She has had a cold forever, and a really bad cough where she'd cough and cry all night long. I wasn't expecting the ear infection too! Her sister is sick too, it's been miserable! What a way to welcome us into sick season!

@IRunForFun: How was your week away?

@Smurfette: I saw on IG they're finally fixing your house from the tree?!

34. Smurfette

@snowjewelz: poor girl! I took P to urgent care yesterday thinking she had one. Just fluid in her ears so Motrin is the only thing we can do. But she seems better today.
    They finally started the roof today. We got more trees taken down and rain delayed it. We will see how long it all takes. I’m sad I can’t put up Christmas.
    Finally have two teeth. She is taking more steps every day. Still not comfortable with it though.

35. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

Aw, boo! We are dealing with the same. Feel so bad for the little cuties!

@Smurfette: Home repairs take sooooo long. Hope things get wrapped with plenty of time before the holidays. Your LO is walking some independently??? I'm super impressed!

36. Smurfette

@babypugs: well it is like 2-4 steps at a time, sometimes more. She was trying a lot more tonight.

37. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: she took like 2.5 steps but I’ve since tried to get her to do it and she won’t!

38. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

We have been out so many days already. One or the other seems to have something. It's usually a fever or a stomach bug.

It's going to be a long winter.

39. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I hear you!!

40. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh dear, so sorry about the ear infection, poor kiddo. They are no fun for anyone!!

My trip actually went really well, thanks for asking!! C did great home with DH, and I was able to keep up with pumping 6x a day (pumped in the airport, on planes, in restaurants lol). I think my body stopped responding as well to the pump by the end because I was producing about 2 to 4 ozs less at the end, but she latched right back on when I got home and all seems fine. Missed her like crazy but it was also nice to have a little break and some independence - and sleep! Haha.

@Smurfette: Wow I can't believe she's taking steps! C still won't even really stand without holding on to anything. She can do it, but it's usually when she isn't paying attention. If she realizes what she's doing she immediately sits down.

@babypugs: @Mrs. Toad: Boooo on all the sickness!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee