Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2017 moms!

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh dear, poor, poor girl. C has a cold and double ear infection at the moment too. I hope P is on the mend quickly and is able to enjoy her party!! How does she seem to like the taste of the hemp milk?

@snowjewelz: Well, DD hasn't tried it. For all I know she might like it just fine - I just didn't like it at all! But babies don't really know the difference, right?

2. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: Oh, poor baby. Hope she feels better and no one catches it.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@babypugs: My poor baby kinda only got like 2 things for her birthday/Christmas from us that were "hers". But honestly, she just plays with all of her sister's stuff, so it doesn't really matter. FWIW, I got her a book & a set of Daniel Tiger figurines b/c that's her fav show. She has "watched" it since birth in the mornings everyday, she loves the songs and she tries to say Daniel Tiger lol! She loves the trampoline we got DD1 and loves climbing on and off and "jumping". I forget how cute it is when they fake jump! She was gifted Little People play set, and a ride-on Minnie airplane.

4. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: I hate milk myself so I can never force my kids to drink it haha!! My oldest loves her cows milk, but this baby has no interested in anything; just my boob!

She nurses more than before we "weaned"! I am always so engorged on Mondays at work b/c she's such a boobaholic on the weekends!

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@babypugs: We got her an anywhere chair and some books (which I didn't even wrap). But she loves big sister's chair, so now they each have one.
    @IRunForFun: She will drink it fine mixed with some formula but when I tried it plain she started gagging. Drama queen.

6. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: Honestly, I don't think I'm going to get her anything. She really only plays with her brother's things and he plays with anything I get her.

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Oh boy I have a drama queen too. She makes awful faces and forcefully spits out food she doesn't like so I can imagine what she might do with milk.

@snowjewelz: I don't like milk either!!

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: So, we went relatively practical with birthday gifts because I figure she doesn't know the difference. I got her a set of flannel crib sheets, a wind and waterproof jacket for spring, and then the one "fun" thing I got is the Wee Stella doll. https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Toy-Baby-Stella-Peach/dp/B01C3I4UQ6

I think my parents are getting her a little sandbox with a lid for her to use when it gets warmer. And a bunch of lift the flap board books.

Also I hope your older DD doesn't have the flu or if she does I hope she doesn't share it!!

9. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: I wish I have enough space for another one too! They just fight over sitting in one

@IRunForFun: Water table was a huge huge hit when DD1 was like 18 months ish which is what they'll be this summer! I didn't get her a sand table till after 2 b/c I was afraid she'd eat the sand lol! I can't wait till they can play outdoors this summer!

10. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: @snowjewelz: @babypugs: Yeah some family got her a water table since LO1's is pretty nasty. I know someone else got her a slide (we lost ours when the tree fell on it), some toy that plays music and dances cause she loves to "dance". She got a 4 in 1 trik for Christmas, cause LO1's again got destroyed from the tree.
    We are getting paid from insurance for everything, but this way it says more toys from invading the house. I haven't even brought the Christmas toys upstairs since we just got access to our upstairs last week. We have NO room in the playroom. I tried purging stuff LO1 doesn't play with but then I think well LO2 will play with it so it stays.

11. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Yeah, we're kinda bad maintaining the outdoor toys, I think we'll have to replace the water table too....

12. snowjewelz

How's everyone doing!! Can't believe we have 1 year old's now! Karis is absolutely hilarious lately. She is eating well, still doesn't really care for milk and therefore still nursing. She is more obsessed with my boobs than ever! She will claw at my shirt and asks for mommy boobie or mommy yummy lol. But the downside is she still wakes up at night wanting the boob. And I'm too lazy to wean...

13. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: Thanks for updating. I've been meaning to do so.

E is doing great. She has moved into the toddler program and is at least trying to walk occasionally. More often she just wants to crawl. She is now exhausted when she gets home with only one nap. She sleeps 7ish to when I wake her. Last weekend she took two naps of two hours each.

Eating and sleeping are still easy. I managed to get enough milk so that she only started getting whole milk at daycare a few days before her birthday. I still nurse in the morning and right after daycare. Sometimes I nurse to bed, but other times, I am busy with my oldest and DH puts her to bed. I am trying to figure out how and when to wean her.

She has two signs - More and Food. Hopefully, she will start more words or signs soon.

At her one year appointment, she was 79% for weight, 51% for height, and 30% for head circumference. She is in 12-18 month clothes for onsies and pants, but can wear 12 months in shirts. Hair is starting to get longer and seems to be getting curly. I have no idea how to deal with that. (Mine is stick straight.) I wonder when we will need to start putting her hair up.

Hope everyone else is enjoying the second year!

14. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: I am really loving this stage. I forget how cute they are! I'm also hanging onto it b/c I know how fast they loose the babyness.

I have to remember to trim her bangs too! With K1 we side swept it but K2 has more hair but doesn't hold a clip or ponytail well.

I have no idea when/how to wean either haha! K1 night weaned herself early on so I have no experience!

We're still in between 1-2 naps. My first went down to 1 nap officially at 15 months. Our problem is, she doesn't nap long in daycare so she'd be going from like 12-12:30 till bed time if she doesn't get another nap! But when she's not in daycare it's mostly 1 nap since we know how to stretch her and will also put her back to sleep if she wakes up too early.

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Hi all!

Can't believe these babes are 1+. It's crazy!!

As for us, DD is still a teeny tiny girl. She was 16 lbs 2 ozs and 26 inches at her well check! She's like 3rd percentile, haha. She is still in mostly 9 month clothing and can still wear some 6 month pants!! She's got a few words, but none of them are mama, and none of them are words that can communicate something she wants. She still doesn't really stand without holding on to something and she isn't really interested in walking.

We are experiencing some frustrations, mostly with her eating and the fact that she's a biter. She is great with pretty much all purées and yogurt, and will consistently eat carbs like crackers, bread, waffles with peanut butter, as well as bananas and apples. Everything else she mostly brings to her lips and then rejects. She throws a lot of food to the dog. She also won't take any type of milk alternative. It drives me crazy because she's so tiny that I want her to eat for nutrients, and since she doesn't, I feel a lot of pressure to still be nursing. She still nurses 5 to 6x a day.

She bites for attention. If I'm not paying attention to her she'll crawl over and bite my leg or arm HARD and it hurts. She leaves bruises. I've tried telling her we don't bite, it hurts, teeth aren't for biting. I've tried firmly telling her no. I'm now trying to just tell her if she bites I'll walk away and then I do that. I'm glad she's not in daycare because she'd be the biter!!

I'm finding this particular age hard...

16. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: As long as she gets at least a 1.5 hour nap, she can handle going all day. She won't nap on the way home anymore via train and we don't get home until at least 5:30. The problem is that she needs to make up for it on the weekend.

My first was down to one nap at 13/14 months. However, he was able to go down for his bedtime early. She can't because we still have to eat, possibly bathe, and then do bedtime. She'll be fine in a few weeks.

17. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Hugs! This stage can be hard because they can't really talk and can't understand everything so discipline wise it's tough. I feel you! I feel like walking away might be the best thing; it tells her loud and clear that if she bites, you go away! Mine likes to hit her sister too. As for her size, if she's still doing well on her grow curve, don't stress too much (I know it's impossible not to). I've found with my first, that she still manages to grow despite being super picky here & there!

@Mrs. Toad: Same! I remember it was a tough few weeks transitioning to 1 nap and also to no nap. I love one nap though! So happy to not have to put her down twice haha!

18. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I like one nap in that I can actually do something with them. Otherwise all I do is hang out at home because it's either nap time or food time.

19. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: DD is the same! Crushes food, hates milk, and wants boob alllll night long. I finally moved her to her own room this week and it made it worse...who has tips on sleep training a 13 month old???

That said I looooove this stage. They are so hilarious and sweet (except when sick, ugh).

@Mrs. Toad: Mine just moved into the toddler room too. She's still working on the transition but I feel like the consistency of the schedule has really improved her mood. In the infant room, she was always a wreck by the time I picked her up but now she's all smiles!

@IRunForFun: Oh girl. My first was a biter and I would have to hide from the other daycare parents in shame. It was soooo bad but happily it's a short phase. I hope your DD outgrows it soon!

20. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

S had her 12 month appointment today. She's a bit over 50% for height and weight. So different from her tall skinny sister. She's walking more than crawling now and has a few words (dada, mama, boobie, baby, dog, and almost her sisters name) although I'm sure all these words are only discernible by me and my husband. Nursing 5 times a day (one of which is overnight) and eating fairly well. She's somewhat picky but compared to her sister who ate nothing she's doing great.

I'm loving this age! Her and her sister are so cute together. She's probably my last baby so I'm really trying to soak it all in.

21. snowjewelz

So, I don't know how it happened today.... I've left tons of poopy diapers on the floor before and no one has ever taken an interest but this morning, I turned my back for 10 seconds on her, she opened the diaper and dug into the poop like it was playdoh. Yeah......... Then cried the whole time when I washed her hands like 50 times and jailed her so I could clean up the crime scene. Couldn't do much but laugh... haha!

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@snowjewelz: I've had to be careful for a while. E will open diapers often, though I am usually observant to let her get only wet ones. The worst was when I caught her at someone else's house with the open poppy diaper on a rug. Thankfully, they understood and just took the rug to be washed.

23. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: Haha oh man! I've left plenty of very well/tightly wrapped poopy diapers on the floor her whole life and I don't know why she decided today was the day to dig into one! I was so horrified!

24. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh no!!!!! Haha I have never had that happened but I have been super guilty of leaving diapers laying around with DD2. Pretty bad.

So who is loving this stage?? I can't get over the cuteness of the early toddler waddles!

25. snowjewelz

@babypugs: I know, we just change exclusively downstairs now (with DD1 we always took her upstairs and put diapers in the pail). Now I gotta make sure to dump them right away! Ugh!

And yes, they are so stinking cuuuuute! Everything she does is cute, even the naughty stuff. Probably b/c she is most likely our last and I know they grow up too fast. My favorite is having a full on conversation with her in gibberish. She sounds SO serious when she's "talking"!

26. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@snowjewelz: Oh no!! Yuck!! I luckily haven't had that happen just yet, but C loves to shove her hands down there when I'm changing a poopy diaper, she thinks it's hilarious. So I'm always washing her hands and mine after diaper changes.

This is a really cute stage!! Love the gibberish convos too. C spent a long time carrying on a totally gibberish conversation with her doll yesterday, and she sounded SO serious and emphatic about it. I'm dying to know what she thought she was saying!! Her other new favorite thing to do is stand at the screen door and "yell" to the dog when he's in the yard. I think she's mimicking me yelling to him to come inside and it cracks me up every single time.

My little "toddler" isn't toddling yet though! She just doesn't care about walking. She will pull herself up easily on anything (she's been doing so for MONTHS) and cruise along the walls and furniture, but when we try to get her to walk holding our hands or her walking toy, she mainly protests and crumples. I'm starting to get worried about it but DH thinks she just doesn't want to do it yet. She also has the tiniest feet ever - size 2 is still too big on her!!

27. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Aww the tiny feet! I think she still has plenty of time for independent walking!

28. Smurfette

@babypugs: I love this stage!
    @IRunForFun: that is really tiny feet!

She is starting to understand things, like I say let's go change your diaper, she walks to her room. It's time for dinner, and she walks to her high chair. I only wish she has more words. She really only says dada. She can say more but never does anymore. I am wondering if we need to skip the pedi and waiting for ear infection #4 and go to the ENT. Maybe it is fluid in her ears like big sister had. Otherwise she is good. Moving up rooms at day care next week. I'm a little nervous cause all the other kids look so big, since she is so short still. But girlfriend loves her some milk so is finally gaining some weight. I am hoping she is close to 20lbs by her 15m appointment.

29. snowjewelz

@Smurfette: Mine def isn't saying as much as my first did at the same age. I know I shouldn't compare!

30. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Smurfette: @snowjewelz: I'm on the other side. We actually have signs for more and food. She has started saying book (Boh). We barely had babble at this age for my oldest.

I'm scared as E is definitely more daring than S. She is trying to climb everything. We live on two 6 lane roads and I am going to be so scared when she doesn't want to be in the stroller any more. I never needed a leash for S, but I am already wondering if that will be a need later.

31. snowjewelz

@Mrs. Toad: The leash is totally in my Amazon cart lol! We are taking a road trip in May and I was just saying to myself, man this one needs a leash. She has no fear and wants to do everything the big kids do!

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Smurfette: Aw, might not be a bad idea to have ears checked? I think we are on the verge of ear infection #4. So far she's always gotten them when she has a cold and she's got a bad cold right now.

Is P having dairy now or alternative milk? I'd be thrilled if C was 19 lbs at her 15m checkup!

C has some totally random words. She doesn't say some of the typical stuff like uh-oh, bye-bye, etc. But she says "hat, shoe, sit, eye..." So random.

33. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

Is anyone still breastfeeding? We are down to 3x per day and I'd like to wean by the time she's 16 months. (Totally arbitrary timeline on my part.) I think we will be fine transitioning to morning and night in the next month or so. I'm more worried about engorgement and discomfort on my part when we drop that midday feed. Any tips?

34. snowjewelz

@IRunForFun: Yep. Mornings/nights during the weekend, and like a bajillion times during the weekend! She is a true boob addict.

35. Smurfette

@IRunForFun: whole milk! She has gained 1.5lbs in a month (we were there for an ear infection at 13M). I think if she hadn't been throwing up she would have been 18lbs (she was 17.15). Her nose is a shot rocket, so I am sure we will end up there this week.

36. babypugs

persimmon / 1101 posts

@Smurfette: We moved up right after she turned a year and it has been GREAT. The schedule is so much better and the classroom is less chaotic. Hope your DD adjusts well!

@Mrs. Toad: Monkey leash!!!!

@IRunForFun: Morning and night, yes. I have to travel this week for work, so not sure how that is going to go for DH, ha. I'm not at all looking forward to busting the pump back out. I think by the time I dropped mid-day sessions my supply had pretty well plummeted, so no problems with engorgement. Good luck!

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@babypugs: I am guessing that my supply isn't super great right now so I'm hoping I can just drop that session with no issue. She only nurses one side at a time though, so it will be not nursing each side for 24 hours. Not sure how that'll work...

@Smurfette: Yay glad she outgrew the dairy intolerance. We have done all dairy with DD except straight up milk. She's done fine with yogurt and everything else but for some reason I'm nervous to try milk. I know we should soon.

38. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@IRunForFun: still nursing . I made it to 23 months with my first and stopped because I was 3 months pregnant. This time my goal is age 2. I'm currently off work and hoping to go back at 18 months so I'll have to cut back nursing around then. Right now I still nurse on demand.

39. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@IRunForFun: Yes, still breastfeeding and I don't want to anymore. She will not give up morning and afternoon. She mainly nurses on the train to and from daycare and at the same time on weekends. When I tell her no, she just keeps grabbing at my shirt. AND she isn't even getting anything. E nurses for a few minutes max, gets off, and signs more. She goes back and forth for like 20 minutes. E doesn't need it as she loves food (steals from others at daycare), and was 23 lbs at her 12 month checkup.

We got offered a daycare spot at a more convenient location and she will be going there starting June. I am hopeful that without the train ride, I can give it up. All else fails, she will be visiting her grandparents for about a week sometime this summer.

40. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@babypugs: I suspect. I'm waiting to see how she does before I go buy a leash.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee