Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Fantastic! I am so glad to hear that. 😁 Thank you for getting back to us.
    P.S. I dropped in on your Mama's board ... your BUMP is SO cute!

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 11 update so I don't lose my place --

β„πŸΎπŸŽ‰ JANUARY 2019 POAS πŸŽ‰πŸΎβ„

12/31: YouBoots -
    1/2: Blythe
    1/3: Sam's Mom
    1/12: Chereshae
    1/15: Yellowbeach
    1/21: Honey786
    1/24: Paranundrum
    1/25: Sam's Mom
    1/28: Kaohinani
    1/29: SweetCaroline
    1/30: Annem1990
    TBD:
    Drop in BFP: Jessiemuller88 -

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    β€’ JessieMuller88
    β€’ Lazb

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: lol, thanks. I know it's a blump, but it sure looks legit!

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@LAZB: just lurking 😊 I also battle eczema and hate having to use steroid cream, I've been battling what my hubby calls leprosy legs since October. I finally caved and bought eczema honey cream and it's amazing! I've been using it less than a week and everything is healing up. It's expensive but so far so worth it

ETA this link gets me 5 bucks off of you decide to try it http://eczemahoneyco.refr.cc/malloryboroch

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: Good luck with your betas. I have EVERYTHING crossed!

@Sams Mom: & @Paranundrum: How are those BBTs? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Sam's Mom, does it look like you OVed? Paranundrum, are your temps still on the rise?

@Honey786: @SweetCaroline: @Annem1990: How are you ladies holding up? πŸ˜€πŸ’™

@Mamabear: Aren't you getting close to your EDD? 🀰 So exciting!

@JessieMuller88: I thought of you this morning. Just thought I'd check in. πŸ˜€

6. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: thanks for checking in. I got my stitches out Monday and betas. My hcg was already down to 12. I’m healing physically, but I’d be lying to say I was ok otherwise. I think I’m trying to process all 4 losses at once. The domino effect of my bfp’s Never really allowed me to grieve any of m losses, so it’s kind of hitting me hard right now. It really helps me to keep up with all of you and have hope for your sticky babies!

7. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Everything looks good at the moment. How are yours?

8. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I am glad to read that you are healing well. I am truly sorry that this is something that you have to process and grieve. 😟 While my situation is/was different, I had a number of early losses (in my early 20's) with my exhusband. All were determined to have been due to chromosomal defect since (1) he had ejaculatory "issues," as well as, low morphology, motility, AND count and (2) all testing with me was fine. (After the losses, I fell into a depression and went on bc pills to prevent any further losses with him.) I felt very similar to how you do as with work, going back to college, time with friends, dealing with my ex's job - I had very little personal physical time to allow myself to grieve. What did help was an expanse of time and allowing myself to feel whatever I needed (or wanted to) whenever I did as I processed the "WHY." I know my ex didn't appreciate my funk (who cares), and I know many family and friends couldn't sympathize or empathize with me (I would have given ANYTHING for a community like HB) but time did heal much of the pain, as I am sure you will find is true for you.

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: I still have 3 months thank goodness but it has definitely flown so far

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Still on the [slow] rise!
    (I'm wondering when I will self-combust β˜„ .)
    Honestly though, my temps are not THAT high so, if I reach 99°F (37.22°C) with no breaks in temp, then I will begin to become concerned ... They need to dip at some point, right?... 🀣

11. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Impressive! How does this cycle's chart compare to previous ones?

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: In comparison with the last 3 cycles: (Affixed chart .... this cycle is orange.)

This cycle (post-OV), I have very smooth and even temps that just keep rising. My pre-OV temps were pretty haggard there. 😁 All other cycles - I have had a fallback rise or corpus luteum dip by now. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ May just be another psych-out cycle for me. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I'm LIVID at frer. Apparently my friend's test yesterday was a false positive. But it was not squinty at all! She has been getting negatives since and got a period today.
    This was her test

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: she also uses a temp drop which gives naturally higher (than oral) readings because the sensor is essentially in your armpit.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Oh, NO! That is terrible news!!! πŸ˜” That is an amazingly convincing FRER - not even a "kinda-sorta!" 😫 Someone needs to compose a scathing letter and send those pics to FRER! 🀬

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: that is ridiculous! I don't even have to mess with any settings to see the pink on those. 🀬🀬🀬

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MamaBear87: oh awesome, I'll check it out! Thanks!

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

AFM, my temp dropped again, I'm switched my + OPK on CD12 to negative because it wasn't quite there after all... BUT yesterday's was. 😬

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @Paranundrum:
    Yes, very true. My temps are about .30 higher than my oral BBT atm. But the pattern is nearly identical. Which is what I watch for. Funny, I have been using TD for about 5 mos now but I can't surrender oral temps "just in case." It is my TTC-crazy πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‰ that kicks in. 🀣

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: More BD-ING πŸ’ƒπŸ•Ί for Sam 2.0! πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚

21. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. Like an advent calendar all year around, hopefully not for much longer though...

@Sams Mom: I knew she uses temp drop, but I didn't know where the sensor is located. I wonder how much oral and skin temperatures differ on average? @Kaohinani: Do you use only temp drop now or do you still double temp?

@LAZB: Oh no, I'm sorry! FRER kind of loses it's point at the pace it's going now. It's meant for early use, but it gives so many false positives. At what dpo is it safe to use then? You can probably use cheaper and more reliable options by then...

22. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: And I saw your answer now.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I wrote above that I dual temp. Lately, my TD temps have been .30 higher than the oral temps. The pattern of both is nearly identical. There are more slight fluctuations with oral temping due to open-mouth breathing, drinking water at night, and changes in pajamas (sometimes I wear thicker Pjs). TD can remove what is called, "temperature noise" (extra clothing, drinking, tossing and turning) and just extract your BBT from THREE hours before you wake. Much easier -- my only issue is that I always fear I won't set it correctly or the battery will die and I will miss my BBT for a day soooooooo, I also oral temp like a TTC-crazed πŸ€ͺ fool. 🀣

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

You guys I am so mad 😑 right now!!! Went at 8 am to get my labs drawn and waited 30 min. I had to be at work at 9 and still had 3 people ahead of me. So I had to leave without getting it done! 😭😭😭 I’ll try again tomorrow.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! 😫🀬🀬🀬🀬 I am angry FOR YOU! Can you slip in during a break or have someone at the facility you work at draw them for you? I'm genuinely angry. You keep getting crap luck. 😑😑😑😑😑😑

26. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: that's awful!

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: unfortunately I’m working my other job today (different health system with a different EMR) so just easier for insurance and everything to go tomorrow morning.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Gotcha. I wasn't sure where you would be or if you would be available for a break at all. Still, so d*mn upsetting! 😫😑

29. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@LAZB: Wow that's crazy. Not a squinter at all. I'd be so mad. Your poor friend!!
    @yellowbeach: Ugh that stinks!!
    @Kaohinani: Holding up okay. Just mad I think we missed our window. DH got home last night at midnight and I didn't even wake up I was so tired. So we only BDd Sunday night. My positive OPK was like 4am Tuesday morning. So I guess there's still a chance, but pretty content to just move onto next month. Crappy timing that the 3 days my DH was gone this month were my most fertile days He'll be gone for 10 days next month during my fertile window too. DS and I had already planned to join him so at least we won't miss it again. But the 3 of us will be sharing a hotel room so that should be interesting

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@annem1990: I'm sorry that you may have missed optimal BD-ING days. πŸ˜” I do like your positivity, though, and the fact that you have a definitive plan for next month's TTC cycle. 😁 Keep hopeful for this month, though ... one never knows what COULD happen - My daughter was a one-night conception story as I only BD ONCE around OV with DH before he left for a month-long training session and thought I had the flu 6 weeks later -- NOPE! Pregnant! 🀣
    Fingers crossed 🀞 for you!

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

My meds for next cycle came! It is like Christmas over here! πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

32. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Kaohinani: Yay meds!!
    How is Keto going for you? Being epileptic as well I've sort of thrown around the idea. I hardly eat any meat so it seems so challenging.

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@annem1990: Keto is going well. I do get bored eating many of the same foods (even with many modifications and so many great recipes and sites fellow HB ladies directed me to mainly because I LOVE ethnic foods and items with sauces); however, I haven't had a seizure yet (🀞) and I "feel" better. It isn't so much eating TONS of meat as it is consuming higher healthy fat items (60%) all day. These would include almonds, avocado, salmon and tuna, olive oil on salads, coconut oil, eggs (with yolk), seeds, butter, etc along with low glycemic/low starch vegetables and meats. I eat far more chicken or 2-oz steaks with mozzeralla mushrooms or cauliflower mash with a side of sliced avocado than I do bacon and eggs or lettuce-wrapped burgers. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Oh, and a great pasta hack is konjac noodles with butter & keto-approved meatballs and sauce.
    Yum! Anything can be modified to work on keto.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Took Sam to the doctor this morning because we were up all night with coughing, gagging, weezing, crying, rattling crap with a fever. Thank goodness I Marco Polo'd my husband a video of what was going on last night so I could show the NP.

Turns out it was croup. I thought we were past croup at almost 3 years old πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ BUT they gave him a steroid shot in the butt (he WAS NOT happy, but better than fighting oral steroids down him 2x a day for 5 days).

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh, no! Poor Sam! 😫 I hope he begins to feel better REALLY soon. πŸ’•
    T also had croup at 3. The pediatrician gave her a steroid shot as well and a rental children's nebulizer treatment for 2 weeks. While the nebulizer was cute (it was shaped like a penguin), T couldn't stand having it strapped to her face so I had to have her lean over the mask and breathe. Fun times ... Not really. πŸ˜’

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Cross-posting from the IVF #4 board... and apologies in advance for not commenting or responding to anyone today. It was a taxing start to the day not getting the closure of a beta, then just a shitty, stressful day at work. I'll catch up tomorrow.
    ____
    So my RE randomly called me today while I was at work. We had scheduled an appointment for Tuesday next week to sit down and discuss testing, changes etc that we can try since we've had 4 failed FETs now. My diagnosis is "Recurrent Implantation Failure (RIF)." I'm still going for my beta tomorrow morning but tests at home are negative, so I expect it will be, too.

He wants to try a few things.

1) Hysteroscopy. Since we had DD in 2016, I had another pregnancy and loss ending in D&E. We did a saline sonogram looking for scar tissue, adhesions, etc but that was normal. Hysteroscopy is the definitive test to look and make sure everything with my lining is actually ok and not messed up from the D&E. We will do that probably in the next 2 weeks. Scheduler is calling me tomorrow.

2) Autoimmune/lab testing. He's ordered labs to test for things like antiphospholipid antibody, etc to look for diseases that might create inflammation or coagulation issues that prevent implantation. I'll get those drawn tomorrow with my beta.

3) Another egg retrieval ("round") of IVF. Our embryos, while PGS normal, were frozen, thawed, biopsied, refrozen and then thawed yet again for transfer. While they are genetically normal, they are less strong, less hearty bc of all of that. So even though they survived thaw and became metabolically active again, they could be too weak to implant and grow. That might explain why 4 normal embryos have all failed.

We would do the 2nd retrieval after the hysteroscopy, but before transferring the last 2 embryos we have. Any new embryos would be biopsied while fresh and immediately frozen, then the biopsy samples sent for PGS testing (2 weeks) . In that wait period we could potentially try another FET with our remaining 2 embryos, and if that failed, then start trying transfers with the more recent embryos.

The thought of another retrieval is disappointing, but something I had been bracing myself for. The bright side is that my insurance will cover the retrieval, just not the PGS testing. So we will pay $23K less than our last retrieval.

DH is a bit too frustrated and taxed by all of this to think straight, so I haven't been able to get real opinions from him yet.

While this feels like a setback, I'd rather do this now than in 2-3 months after 2 more failed FETs.

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: lots of emotions in all of that for sure.

While a second retrieval with fresh testing sounds so promising, I'm sure it's not something you were hoping to have to do again. (Awesome news that insurance covers the expensive part of this for you)

As to the hysteroscopy, I've heard they're no fun, but what medical procedure is actually funsies? At least it is something new to check that isn't trying the same thing time and time again.

I can't begin to fully understand how all of this effects you and your husband. BUT I pray they find you answers amongst all of this and get you a BFP in the next few months.

All of the hugs in the world, we're all here for vents and support and anything we can help with. Feel free to comment, wall, email, or lurk until you're ready.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: There is so much I could say but I find myself tongue tied with all that you have presented... it is A LOT to absorb and, I am certain FAR more for you and DH to deliberate on as this is a very personal choice for you both to go forward with. I can only offer my support, best wishes, many hugs , and to tell you that I will be here. I wish you so much luck in whatever you decide. πŸ’™

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani @SamsMom: Thank You ladies ❀️

All I can say is thank goodness for Greece πŸ‡¬πŸ‡·

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: hells yes, have a good time, get away from it all for a bit!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee