Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: No advice or personal experience but perhaps @Karenbeme could be of some assistance. She is such a sweetheart and has suffered multiple ectopic pregnancy losses. I'm certain she may be able to afford you some sort of knowledge or comfort in this instance. As for me, once again, I am just so unbelievably sorry that you are going through this.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: given your ease of getting pregnant, but the issues there after. I'd probably have the tube removed to hopefully avoid another ectopic... But that is a huge decision to make.

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Jessiemuller88: my doctor told me in most cases they dont know if the tube can be saved until they get in there, but with my ectopic my tube was just repaired.
    I had two pregnancies immediately after surgery and they were both in my uterus (miscarriages though). It has been 2.5 yrs since and I haven't had a repeat ectopic

4. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@mrskansas: @Sams Mom: thank you ladies for your insight/advice. I guess maybe I will wait and see what he thinks when he goes in. I’m so sorry for your losses @mrskansas

5. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm so sorry. Best of luck for your surgery.:hugs:

6. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

My guess is I won't get clearance to TTC by my O date. Fighting with insurance and two doctor offices to get one of my scans done. Also, the scan has to be done between CD5 and 15, so the pessimistic side of me says between insurance and appointment scheduling, I may be out until March. Extremely frustrating.

Keep me in the game, I have given up yet!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

RE visit for today has concluded. The largest follicle hasn't changed and the smaller ones are growing. The tech is confused as, normally, the dominant follicle will keep growing and the others will either grow more slowly or will not grow any further. IDK. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I go back in 2 days.
    Side note all LH strips (OPKs) have been negative thus far.

#ConfusedAsEver

8. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Confusion seems to be the norm considering TTC, it wouldn't be the same without it!

I ordered a new batch OPKs, hopefully they will arrive before OV. I also ordered my first ever menstrual cup so I'm quite unexpectedly looking forward to AF this cycle...

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I agree, "Confusion" is the word for this month of TTC. πŸ‘πŸ˜‚ I REALLY hope your OPKs make it in time for OV! 🀞🀞🀞 You make me chuckle with your excitement over your menstrual cup. Hopefully, yours works better than mine did ... the stem was too short and it became stuck TWICE! I had to go to my OBGYN to have it removed. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ So embarrassing! 😢

10. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Oh my, I hope it works for me. I wouldn't want that to happen!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

For anyone who is bored and REALLY NERDY πŸ€“ like me (or is a physician, clinician, educator, or just likes learning about fertility "stuffs" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚) and wants something extensive to read; here is a publication from the Erasmus University Rotterdam that highlights female fertility and "EXOGENOUS FOLLlCLEΒ·STIMULATING HORMONE AND DEVELOPMENT OF HUMAN OVARIAN FOLLICLES."
    It is very well written. πŸ‘
    (** Please note - it is a [Adobe Acrobat] download, not a webpage. **)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://repub.eur.nl/pub/21617/950426_SCHOOT,%2520Benedictus%2520Christiaan%2520%2528Dick%2529.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiy4tii79nfAhUP26wKHev_B7A4ChAWMAN6BAgCEAE&usg=AOvVaw24ULzeWsSZy1POt3WC8Z5u

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I'll have to read that article later tonight after DD goes to bed. Love me some evidence-based medicine. Oh, we also changed travel plans and opted for Greece (Athens & Crete) instead of Hawaii, but thanks for all your suggestions. We'll probably still do Hawaii just maybe next year.

Just checking in since I feel like I've been absent. Been nursing some man-flu and working the last few days. I've started my progesterone injections and am just passing the days away until Tuesday's transfer. Off today but work tomorrow, so that will help keep me busy and keep my mind off things.

I'm also attending a formal event next Saturday back in my hometown. My mom will watch DD, and DH is out of town, so I'll be going stag - which is fine since I know a lot of people at the event. I've skipped it for 2 years in a row since I was very pregnant and then had DD. I live in scrubs and rarely get to dress up, so this is a treat. The theme is "Winter Wonderland" so I rented this dress and earrings from RTR. I'm excited! I'll be 4dp5dt, too early to test.

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Wow, Greece sounds LOVELY! I am absolutely jealous as I have never been and would love to go. You will definitely have to share details when you return. πŸ‘πŸ˜ As for your dress and earrings; they are stunning! I'm certain you will look spectacular and will have a blast! I miss going to all of the military balls (* my exhusband was MC and when I met my DH, he wasn't military but became a late entry in the Army) ... I have been dressing up in formal gowns since I was 18 (not counting proms, social events, and anything with a Greek affiliation) yearly for military balls. πŸ˜‚ I will miss it this year as DHs Reserves company will not be hosting a birthday ball. πŸ˜• I do digress ... I believe it will be a welcomed break from all of the hustle and bustle of work, man-sitting the sick hubby, mommy-ing, and TTC in general.

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: BEAUTIFUL dress and earrings!

As for me, did some retail therapy and bought new fabric for baby shirts today. There was an older lady in line ahead of me at the fabric counter; she was talking to Sam and he was showing her his animals. When she went to leave, she told me I looked exhausted but it gets better. Damn, I didn't think I looked that bad today, I even dry shampooed my hair and had clean workout pants on πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: IDK if this is any better but ... DH had drill this weekend so I had to take the kids into my RE appt with me. DD had WAYYY too many questions about my endometrial lining and ovum and DS threw a tantrum when he couldn't put HIS legs in the stirrups. πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚ The tech asked, "You look tired. Are you ABSOLUTELY certain you are ready for a third?" 😢😢😢 Food for thought there. πŸ€” After so long TTC, I sure hope I am. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Cracker Barrel followed, more for my sanity than theirs. πŸ™„πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: hahahaha 🀣🀣🀣 that is hilarious, I am so sorry I'm laughing. Sam would be upset about the stirrups too, but all the questions from T made me laugh πŸ˜‚

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Yeahhhh, so that is why my RE appt synopsis was so short this morning. I was exasperated and writing it while sipping coffee and coloring on a child's placemat with G at Cracker Barrel. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ #Multitasking #MomSkills πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§β€πŸ‘¦

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: wtf kind of comment is that from the tech? How rude!

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: I probably should have noted that she said it chuckling. I think she saw how overwhelmed I was with my 2 "crazies" and made the "joke." I mean, she is working at Fertility Clinic and all. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Honestly, I didn't take her comment as she was being rude, especially with all the rude comments I have gotten in the past from people who were stone-cold serious ("Is your son special?", "Maybe your son is speech delayed because he is deaf or autistic ...:", "Your daughter should have more interests than art and technology club, make her take sports," "If you haven't had a 3rd yet, you aren't trying hard enough," and my personal favorite, "If you haven't had a baby yet, maybe you aren't meant to have another one." πŸ™„πŸ˜’πŸ€ͺ🀯 THOSE are a-hole comments. ).

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: yellowbeach is trolling you on her at home ultrasound thread πŸ˜‚

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Yeah, I saw that. Mentioned you in it. 🀣

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

(🎼🎡Sing-songs🎢) Someone's transfer is scheduled for to-mor-row ... πŸ˜‰ (@Yellowbeach). I'm getting excited and anxious FOR you! πŸ˜‚
    #TeamYellowbeachBFP

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 4 Update -

β„πŸΎπŸŽ‰ JANUARY 2019 POAS πŸŽ‰πŸΎβ„

12/31: YouBoots -
    1/2: Blythe
    1/3: Sam's Mom
    1/12: Chereshae
    1/15: Yellowbeach
    1/24: Paranundrum
    1/28: Kaohinani
    1/29: SweetCaroline
    TBD: Sam's Mom

Drop in BFP: Jessiemuller88 -

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈAmazingly Supportive Cheerleaders
    β€’ JessieMuller88

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

(CD9) I, normally, would have OVed by now OR would see the start of my surge by CD9/10 @ the LATEST. πŸ€”πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜Ά
    I am hoping the lag in follicle maturity and my lack of a LH surge thus far means I will have have better quality ovum, lining, and a stronger (later for me ... Read as "NORMAL," not EARLY) ovulation which could potentially lead to our lucky #3. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ€ž The only other explanation πŸ€” is that this will be an anovulatory cycle ... which I absolutely do not want to believe. πŸ˜•πŸ˜Ÿ
    Hoping for a great cycle. Going BACK to the RE tomorrow to measure follicles and uterine lining AGAIN.

25. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Jessiemuller88: May be too late, but just wanted to jump in. I've had two ectopics in the past year, both in the same tube. Leaving the tube does increase risk of a subsequent ectopic, but it's still more likely that your next pregnancy will be normal if you're treated with methotrexate, so it's really your preference. I've been treated with methotrexate twice and had dramatically different experiences--the first time it took 3 doses over two weeks (hcg was 3500 and rising quickly) and by the third dose was the worst sickness I've ever been through, the second time only took 1 dose (hcg was ~270 and barely rising) and was like a mild flu. I've also read that the surgery is no big deal and you're feeling like yourself again in a couple days. One thing to keep in mind though, since they saw the mass on ultrasound, my second ectopic they couldn't see anything on us and wouldn't do surgery. All my pain was on the same side, so I was and am pretty confident it was in the same tube, but they still wouldn't do it without knowing for sure.

Anyways, I hope some of that helps and I'm sorry you're going through this. And if you did have surgery today, I hope you're feeling ok/coming out of it. If you have any other questions, feel free to dm me.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: Thank you for responding. I hope you did not mind that I mentioned you when jessiemuller first reached out on the board; you were the first person I thought of who may have definitive answers. I also knew that since you are such a sweetheart, you would know exactly what to say. Anyway, I hope you are doing well. I miss you terribly on the POAS board.

27. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@karenbme: thank you so much for sharing your experiences, and I’m sorry you have been through this.

I’m home now resting. Turns out the ectopic was actually attached to my right ovary, which is super rare. It was bigger than my ovary and had started bleeding internally, as there was blood in my pelvis.

So thankful we found it before it ruptured. Good news is my tubes are both fine and functioning normally. My doctor tested them with blue dye while he was in there.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I know you were not writing to me but it is spectacular news that they were able to catch it before anything ruptured! I am glad the surgery went as well could be expected and both tubes are functional. Get well. πŸ’™

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Jessiemuller88: amazing news about your tubes!
    I'm glad the surgery went well

30. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I was writing to everyone 😘 thank you for the well wishes!

31. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Glad you made it through the procedure and that they caught it before it ruptured. Hopefully your recovery will be quick and easy!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: wow! I'm glad they caught it in time and everything looks well!

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Ok ladies, I am on day 4 of a basically clot free, bright red (usually more of a medium?), sporadic flow period. My boobs hurt like hell, I'm moody as hell, and hot flashing like large dose clomid cycles.

Sore boobs are a PMS symptom for me as well as moodiness.

Does this sound normal, is it weird? Am I over analyzing? Ahhhh

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: πŸ€” What is your "normal" (pre-medicated normal) like? Gonna get nerdy πŸ€“: If it is contradictory to your previous non-medicated cycles, it could be something to note. This cycle could be denote symptoms which could become your new "normal" or this cycle could be symptomatic of a hormonal shift while your body is trying to maintain it's monthly AF homeostasis. Food for thought. πŸ˜‰

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it's definitely nothing like pre meds post nexplanon, or pre pregnancy. Post nexplanon pre meds was a little wonky on "normal" but I did consistently ovulate for sure.

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Well, hypothetically, this may either be a new "new," or simply your body regulating itself after months of Clomid, a bit of Femara and the progesterone. My belief is that with all the stress you have been under, mixed with the medications that your body has to "detox" (or REregulate back to your baseline), this AF may be a bit irregular. Keep in mind, different isn't always terrible and this could reset your body for something awesome. 🀞

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: We are ready for tomorrow but I have to admit our enthusiasm has diminished after so many failures. Even last time on fET#3 DH and I almost forgot to take a commemorative photo. Just keeping hopes realistic and then we can be over the moon when we get our BFP. 🀩

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Lol. I LITERALLY just wrote you on your wall. πŸ˜‚
    P.S. Keep the hope. I know it is SO hard.

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: this is the one 🀞 kaohinani and I are available for embie pep talks. πŸ˜‚

In all seriousness though, I have everything crossed for you tomorrow!

40. Petitduck

kiwi / 624 posts

@yellowbeach: will be thinking of you.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee