Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

*July 2015 Mamas & Babies*

1. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: Great news on the weight gain!

@mrsjyw: I'm sad you can't join the FB group too Yes there is a ton of activity on there, I think it's just easier to talk about some things on a private thread. But I do feel bad that it had meant it is quieter here.
    Sounds like baby C is doing awesome and so glad to hear your recovery went well!

We're doing good, T is -so far - a very chill baby. DH went back to work two days ago and I am coping well, I just struggle with the guilt of not cuddling T enough because I am rushing to do things with A, and making A wait because I am so busy feeding/sorting out T. Hopefully it will be easier to find our groove when I can take them out more. C-section recovery was brutal for me this time, so much worse than with A. But I'm doing a lot better now. Oh but nighttime sleep is the worst, when one sleeps the other wakes up Ooooh we are potty training this week too. So lots to keep us busy

2. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@mrsjyw: thanks! It is a relief! Glad to hear that C is doing well with jaundice and everything. Our ped makes you come back for weight checks until the baby is back at birthweight so this time we only had to go two extra times for checks. Your older DS sounds like my DD--very interested in baby and wanting to love on him all the time. We are trying to work in when to play with him and when to leave him alone (sleeping, eating) but it is very sweet to watch!

@travelgirl1: Thanks for the good wishes! Sorry to hear your recovery has been challenging! Your baby sounds chill like mine--I can't believe how much better a sleeper he is than my DD (knock on wood)! Good luck with potty training!

I am not on the FB group either (and not on FB in general) so it is good to hear how you are both doing!

I am just beginning to feel ready to start to be more active and took a walk yesterday with DS before it got too hot. I don't want to overdo it but it feels good to start moving again. LO is still eating 9x a day and I am pumping the same but planning to move down to every 3 hours and a longer stretch at night once he hits a month next week. I eventually need to find nursing bras too--any suggestions?

3. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Ds is a month old today! Fastest month of my life!!

He and I caught ds1's head cold but thankfully it was just sneezing and congestion and no fever. We are all on the mend now.

We've been out and about a lot which is way different than last time and I feel "normal" despite having given birth a month ago! I do have some scar tissue I noticed last night but I have my pp check on Tuesday and will ask ob about it then!

C is now sleeping in the crib overnight (w me in the bed in his nursery) which is great because we didn't move ds1 until 12 weeks from a pnp in our room to his crib and it took a towel underneath his crib sheet for a while during the transition. Naps are anywhere from his crib to swing to newborn lounger or car seat when we're out. We've been doing bath time this wk with both boys and I even did it solo in Thursday! C goes down around 8 and does a 3 or 4 hour stretch then it's wake ups every 2-3 hours until we get up for the day. He's getting bigger so I'm hoping we get a longer first stretch in the coming months.

I've got a lil stash going of 60oz or so and adding a bad every day or two. The exhaustion is setting in but for the most part were productive which is keeping me sane. We did a family zoo trip Friday and today we went to open house for ds1's preschool that he'll be starting in september!
    Hope you and all your babies are well.

4. mrsjyw

@MamaCate: I have a couple of medela ones, one structured one and a sports bra like one. I have a few others from target but I've mostly been wearing regular bras bigger size or sports bras with nursing pads underneath camis and such. I need layers because I leak every time he's latched to one side.

5. mrsjyw

@travelgirl1: I can't believe how big our nov babies are now!! Hope you are feeling better w recovery and hope a is doing well w potty training!! I am nervous for a to start to preschool as i know the transition will be rough but I am excited for him to learn and make new friends! More pics of T please!!!

6. mrsjyw

@sweetooth: how is O? Is he almost two months now??

7. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: how is nursing going? And OMG you are the best wife ever for attempting pp sex!! hope you and L are well!

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsjyw: Much better but I am afraid to jinx it! And you totally "outed" my gold post! Jk. I wish you would join us on Facebook but I totally understand.

9. mrsjyw

@simplyfelicity: ahhh! My bad! I will post more here so my last post gets eaten alive! So glad things are better!!

10. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@mrsjyw: 60 oz that's awesome!!!#
    C is 8 weeks this week I feel like time has flown by..I got back to work the 31st and have so much anxiety
    He's more of a fussy baby ..sleep fighter and just wants to eat all the time I'm so so nervous my daycare (my mom and mil) going to say they can't handle both boys

11. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mrsjyw: the fb group is super active! Sometimes I find it hard to keep up on there. I wish everyone who wasn't in it would join. I feel bad that it makes this thread a lot quieter!

M is 5 1/2 weeks and doing really well! At 4 weeks she was just under 8 lbs (6lbs 7oz at birth). She has gotten super chubby recently!! She feeds every 2-3 hours during the day and I put her down between 10-11pm at night. She sleeps really well that first stretch (up between 3:30-5!) but then has trouble going back to sleep and usually DS is up by the time she is asleep. So I start my day quite early! She has been smiling like crazy. Generally she is much more easy going than her brother, which is good because I have to put her down a lot to attend to him. I feel like I'm adjusting better than I expected to having two but my DS is in daycare 3x/week, which helps.

12. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@mrsjyw: Thanks for the feedback on bras. I ordered two from Soma (with underwire) and they came over the weekend but I haven't really tried them on. They look good though. How great that C is doing well and you are building a freezer stash! I would like to hear more about the logistics of combined bath time--I felt like I would have to wait on that until baby is bigger/more stable.

@simplyfelicity: So glad nursing is going better! Fingers crossed we have some good news over here soon too!

@Mrs. Pickles: wow I can't believe you go back to work this month--time flies! I hope that baby calms down enough for daycare to work itself out. My first LO was much more like you describe and this one is much more chill--it is such a difference. Let us know how it goes!

@QBbride: that is a great stretch of sleep! I feel like I am putting baby down a lot to deal with big sister and I am so thankful that he is so calm and relaxed about it. We will see how it goes when he gets bigger!

13. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

As for me, we just passed the 5 week mark. LO is doing great and gaining weight for sure. I am EPing and bottle feeding now and thankfully have a good supply and have been freezing about 16 oz a day. LO eats about every three hours although I still wake him from naps at times. At night he will go four hours and then be up every three, which is not terrible for his age. We are going to work on getting him back to nursing this week so I am tentatively hopeful about that.

Big sister loves him but struggles sometimes with the divided attention. I am still doing her bedtime routine and that seems to help. DH has been working a calmer schedule which helps a lot but he will be switching to a busier one in a week. I feel like we are slowly easing into solo parenting with two so I am thankful for that! Hope everyone continues to do well!

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsjyw: Awww I bet A will LOVE preschool! We went back on forth on sending A but there wasn't anything suitable close by. Hopefully we will find something for her soon though. Ahhh I have been SO bad at taking pics of baby T, I need to get my act together!

@Mrs. Pickles: Sorry you have anxiety about going back to work. I can see how that must be stressful

15. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MamaCate: A is very similar on the loving baby brother but struggling with divided attention. I get told to put him down many times a day.

@QBbride: Love baby smiles! We don't get too many of them here, he saves them all for his dad and just stares at me as if to say, "where's my milk, lady?"

16. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

Can someone send me the FB group info? I miss having July mom's on here.

17. mrsjyw

@Bluemasonjar: if you wall valentine mommy she can add you!

18. mrsjyw

@MamaCate: @sweettooth: how are you guys doing??

19. MamaCate

pomegranate / 3595 posts

@mrsjyw: heading back to work today. but bringing baby since his daycare spot isn't available for another week!

On top of that, raging case of mastitis beginning Saturday morning which has distracted me from feeling too upset about going back.

How are you?

20. Bluemasonjar

clementine / 920 posts

@mrsjyw: Thanks! Hope you are doing well.

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Bluemasonjar: Yay! I hope you will join us!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MamaCate: Wishing you a great first day back!

23. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@MamaCate: I hope your first day back is going ok!!!!

24. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@ValentineMommy: Can you add me to FB page? Thanks! Or PM me the link or group name?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee