Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Bluemasonjar: @mamacate: I'm 9w6d today and can count on one hand the number of times I've felt "off." I tell myself it's the trade off for the IF journey

2. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@MrsH: @sweetooth: they're entrees, and I thought about ordering but not eating but I hate wasting food also, they know I'm not a vegetarian. I could say I'm allergic to salmon and really dislike carpaccio. Or I might just tell her.

As for emotional, I teared up hearing Nick Caves Into my arms on the radio this morning.

3. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@LindsayInNY: @bluemasonjar: @mamacate: I'm 7w4D with only a very few times I felt a little "off" in my stomach. Only a very few mild food aversions, too. Sometimes it makes me nervous but I try to remind myself I'm probably just lucky & not to go looking for trouble!

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@mrsvdv: Those are really odd entree choices...whatever happened to chicken?

@angelachase: I'll admit, I am super jealous!

We showed my family the slide show with the ultrasound as the last pic and, at first, my family was confused so I said "we're having a baby!" My mom started sobbing and my dad was so happy. Even my brother teared up. My nieces and nephews were confused, haha. It's exactly the reception we were hoping for.

5. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

Happy Thanksgiving to you all today, hope you have a fantastic time with your families.

Have any of you ladies tried sea bands for nausea? I picked some up from the pharmacy yesterday and they seem to be making a difference here. I wore them in the evening and felt fine, then took them off to go to bed and felt the queasy start. a few minutes after putting them back on and the feeling passed again. got them on again this morning, and am contemplating super gluing them to my wrists hehe they are the complete opposite of inconspicuous though

6. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@simplyfelicity: good job on the surprise!!

7. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: Awww yay!! Such a sweet announcement

8. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@FannyMae: @Reese: Thanks, ladies! Just told DH's family and they were really excited, too. We told them to wait until the NT scan for tell extended family but we'll see how that goes.

9. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: I actually teared up reading that (pregnancy hormones ), so happy for you that you got to announce!

@FannyMae: I bought some a few days ago and they do seem to be helping. Right now I have some small needles in the same points that my acupuncturist put in last night, and they are helping too.

10. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@LindsayInNY: I love that you are almost ten weeks pregnant, and I love that you don't feel sick

11. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@travelgirl1: this is disgusting, but the minute I take them off I find myself belching. gross! I've spent the morning at an indoor play center with a girlfriend, and now my LO is exhausted. desperately hoping she has a nap so I can have one too (she rarely does anymore).

12. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@simplyfelicity: awww what a great announcement! makes me wish I haven't already told my mom!

As for that dinner, my co-worker (who knows) offered to swap plates with me, so I'll be picking at my food and pretend to eat until she's done! Lol, it's so silly! I'll probably end up getting french fries afterwards!

13. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@FannyMae: I also like the seabands but don't wear mine because they're so obvious! They should make them more fashionable or something..

14. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

I have my ultrasound at 10.30 and LO is coming with me. I feel too sick with morning sickness to be too anxious, but am really hoping all is well with this baby.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

15. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@travelgirl1: I'll be thinking of you!

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: Wishing you the best ultrasound! I just know you are going to see a beautiful, healthy baby in there.

17. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@mrsvdv: Thank you!

We measured three days ahead with a great heartbeat and they said everything looked fantastic!

Here is my little baby at eight weeks. Due date of July 10, one day before I turn 35, ha ha.

Sorry I didn't crop the pic, sickness and my toddler have made me lazy

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: Beautiful! I am so happy for you!

19. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: All that nausea means something!

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: such a sweet way to share the news I'm glad you were able to have that moment

@FannyMae: No sea bands over here yet, but I may keep them in mind. I'd like to avoid Zofran this time around. I'm glad they are working for you.

@travelgirl1: Beautiful picture! So happy for you! And what a perfect birthdate

21. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

I was able to eat more than saltines for Thanksgiving. But my problem right now seems to be that I must be cramming something in my mouth at all times to feel good. Maybe my bloat isn't bloat

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

July Mamas!
    July 1: simplyfelicity
    July 2: Mrs. Pickles
    July 4: dolphin
    July 5: Reese
    July 7: qbbride, fuzzypeaches, little bitty house
    July 10: travelgirl1
    July 11: Candy_nee, sweettooth, tidybee
    July 12: angelachase
    July 14: Chocoholic
    July 15: nicole112
    July 17: MamaCate
    July 20: Bluemasonjar, Mrsvdv
    July 22: FannyMae
    July 24: BlueWolverine
    July 28: Spinny, MrsH
    July 30: Cait

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sweetooth: Seriously the story of my life right now. I was hungry right after dinner yesterday!

24. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@sweetooth: I am exactly the same, I either have to have a freezie or a protein bar or a breadstick hanging out of my mouth at all times or I feel a million times worse. I never lose weight in the first tri, despite throwing up a lot, because I shove carbs down my neck all.day.long!

25. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@travelgirl1: So glad I am not alone in this! Hopefully, I can slow my roll in the second trimester.

26. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@simplyfelicity: I didn't slow down last time, I was the Michelin Man by the end But this time I hope will be different.

27. mrsvdv

apricot / 431 posts

@travelgirl1: yay what a beautiful little bean! I'm glad it went well!

28. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@travelgirl1: perfect little bean!!!

29. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@travelgirl1: How perfect!!

So, I caved and told my mom yesterday. She's so excited. I told her we were waiting to tell everyone else Christmas day and the first thing she said was, "I don't have to pretend like I didn't know, right?"

30. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@travelgirl1: great news on your little babe!

I can't seem to find a balance in the quantity i'm eating. its either I forget to eat/don't feel like eating all day, and then over-eat at dinner time and feel like crap all through the night with a sore tummy and dinner waiting to come up taken sea bands off after wearing them while sleeping, I have nice dents in my wrists so have to make do with nausea while they recover a bit.

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I've been eating so much too! I'm always hungry and am constantly eating. I'm going be a balloon! Last time I gained 30 lbs and i don't want to gain more than that this time.

@travelgirl1: what a beautiful baby! Congrats! I'm soo happy for you!

32. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

So I caved and bought my first pair of maternity tights! So comfortable for my evening blump!!

33. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@QBbride: all I have been eating is bread! Probably why I need these pants. It is the only thing that is appetizing right now. Water is kind of grossing me out which is crazy because I love water

34. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@QBbride: @FannyMae: @cait: @Reese: @mrsvdv: Thank you all so much!

@Reese: I hear you on the water, I am mixing juice and water at the moment, which is working well.

@cait: Aw that's lovely about your mom!

35. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@travelgirl1: hooray for a great ultrasound!!!!!

36. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone else feel like they barely get off the couch all day? I was so busy with work and festivities earlier this week that I have barely moved the past two days. I honestly don't know where the pregnancy exhaustion ends and laziness begins. The nausea isn't inspiring a lot of activity either...

37. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@simplyfelicity: yep, if I don't have some sort of a rest at about 2.30 pm then I can't function. my nausea is kicking in hard, and this morning I gagged, heaved and vomited so violently that my nose started bleeding. thats a bit of a concern for me, as I've had a history of severe nose bleeds - I had my nose cauterised for the 2nd time about 5 years ago (in the section right behind my nostrils, can't be reached with pressure to stop bleeding). vomit + blood down the back of throat = NOT HAPPY

38. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@travelgirl1: aww cute pea!
    @Reese: @travelgirl1: I can only have water if it's mostly ice. Actually I can't drink anything unless it's mostly ice lol

@cait: that's so cute!! It's so nice to have that kind of relationship with your mom!!

@simplyfelicity: yes :s it's terrible, I don't recall being so tired last time! I can nap anytime anywhere. I have fantasies at work about going to my car for a quick snooze haha

@FannyMae: that sounds horrific!! I'm so glad I'm not a nose bleeder bc the taste of blood blech that would just about kill me!

I took advantage of Black Friday while I'm in the US visiting my in laws and bought a few winter maternity basics (I was preg in summer last time). I don't know if it's hormones or what but it was kind of depressing actually - I was such a cute tiny pregnant person last time and now I'm pregnant without having lost all last times weight yet and I just feel fluffy and gross. I'm sure stuffing myself full of mashed potatoes and pie every day for a week didn't help lol.

And on a side note - I'm itching to get out my home Doppler when I get home tonight! But I know 8w5d is a bit early and I don't want to freak myself out if I don't find anything! Has anyone tried yet?! I was super obsessed with it last time, I'm almost afraid to let that dragon loose

39. cait

apricot / 268 posts

@simplyfelicity: Me! I feel guilty because of my LO - I had big plans to soak up the last months of her being an only child. Hopefully after the first trimester I can muster the energy to be more active with her.

40. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@travelgirl1: I'm so happy for you!!! @simplyfelicity: I'm barely responding to everyone today because this is precious nap time and I want to take full advantage!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee