Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Mamas!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: Sweeeeet! Gonna head to Target this weekend, it looks like. Lol time really is flying! I remarked to DH and my mom yesterday that I only have 17-ish weeks to go! It's crazy how fast it's going now!

@Ginabean3: I need to do that too. I live for to-do lists lol

@Reese: I think my mom is planning my sprinkle for the end of May. We go on vacation in June and I really don't want to have it super close to my date. I don't want to be a whale or uncomfortably hot lol We upgraded our camera with DS1, but I've been wanting some new lenses, so we might get that. As for other big purchases, we're doing a bunch of stuff to the house before he gets here and that's a huge investment for us.

@Candy_nee: That's hysterical! My baby brain never went away from my last pregnancy, I swear lol

2. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: The camera upgrade was one of our best purchases when our first was born. Love every picture we take with it (well almost But it's definitely an upgrade and makes for more frameable pictures than my old iPhone. // Speaking of purchases, I'm kind of hoping I can upgrade my iPhone. I have a 4s and I'd like the latest and greatest. We'll see if we can swing it.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the new job! It's definitely a weight off my shoulders, but looking for a job made my March disappear. And now I want that month back! Too much to do!

3. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Reese: And thank you for clarifying your "wrong direction" driving. I was scared for a second there

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm glad you have an appointment scheduled to get checked out. Definitely guzzle the water. It's a big help! Keep us posted

@ValentineMommy: Happy to hear you got a good look at your guy on the 3D scan! You'll get plenty of pictures of that cutie once he's on the outside

@simplyfelicity: Third tri! Crazy!!!

We are hitting the road for a final road trip as a family of three tomorrow. Headed down south to see grandma, grandpa and visit my best friend and her family. I'm looking forward to some time away from everyday life. We've done road trips when my son was much younger, but this will be the first where he seems to be awake more and need more interaction. I kind of hope the car just lulls him to sleep. And that my bladder doesn't require us to stop every hour. My bladder size is down to half a pea lately. I feel like I take two sips, and boom - gotta pee. And let's not even talk about the coughing and sneezing...my bladder control is like an old lady! Guess I need to get back on top of those kegels... Or maybe splurge on some Depends

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sweetooth: I also have the 4s still and really want a new one! They're so expensive though!!!!

5. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: SO expensive! And when we still need to buy another crib, mattress, etc. for baby #2 it hardly feels justifiable to plop down the cash for a new phone.

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sweetooth: I totally agree. I was a major shopper before having kids, and now I can't justify anything for myself that isn't baby related! Probably explains my many diaper bags, woven wraps (babywearing), and cloth diapers lol

7. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

We have a DSLR and rarely use it for DS1. We used it in the hospital and to take his monthly pics the first year, but that was it. It was way easier and convenient to just use my iPhone. But maybe I'm just lazy. Lok

8. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Candy_nee: I'm totally lazy on the phone pics thing.. I think oo I could get a new camera.. but I probably wouldn't even use it.

My bigger purchases are all pipe dreams really... new oven.. new stovetop.. ahh someday

My DH is going to a NASCAR race in Kansas May 8-10 and I'm kind of freaking out about it.. giant pregnant lady running after a 3.5 year old.. ahh the sweet life I tell you

9. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: i hear ya. DH is going to his bro's bachelor party for 4 days in the beginning of June. 1) couldn't he have planned it a little sooner?? and 2) the thought of taking care of a 2 1/2 yr old at 35 weeks pregnant is terrifying.

10. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: @Tidybee: you ladies can totally do it! DH travels frequently for work and it's just me and the kiddo (just turned 2). It's exhausting but doable. You've got it!!!

11. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@sweetooth: @Candy_nee: We do have a pretty nice P&S. I should pull it out and take some pics with it and see how I feel. I am thinking I would go mirrorless so I would be more likely to bring it out and about.

@Mrs. Pickles: I feel you.. we also want to renovate our washroom before LO arrives.

12. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

We're moving out of our house (for renos) for 7 1/2 weeks before this baby makes her appearance... and considering I'm 26 weeks now, it's cutting it super close!!!

13. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

We got to see baby boy today!! He is much cuter than the skelator pics at 16 weeks lol.

14. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@sugarbee: Oh my goodness!! the yawn adorable pics

15. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sugarbee: ooh adorable!
    @QBbride: I can't wait to see how your renos turn out!! It's going to be amazing!

@Tidybee: @sweetooth: you can do it! Like @Candy_nee: I solo parent about 2 wk/month. It's def getting harder as I become more lumbersome but it all works out! Actually dh was thinking about a golf trip in June but I'm afraid the baby will come early like last LO so he's grounded from when I'm 36 weeks on haha. Thankfully his boss is pretty cool about it

16. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

As for me, DH and I are on our babymoon!!! We left LO with my parents for the week and thankfully he doesn't seem to have noticed we are gone hahaha! It's been amazing and I'll be so sad to come back! I am surprised at how hard the heat has been for me though. Anyone else doing a little getaway before baby?

17. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Thanks. And that picture is beautiful. Where is that? We're hoping to do something probably just a weekend somewhere, we can't afford to spend too much.

18. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@sugarbee: soo cute!!! Hi little man!

@fuzzypeaches: that looks like heaven!

I have the most extreme right sided rib pain, right under my boob. I thought it was from coughing since I've been sick forever but it's getting worse and worse. I can barely lift anything and am almost in tears when I cough or move too quickly. Anyone else experience this??

19. Candy_nee

apricot / 324 posts

@fuzzypeaches: that looks glorious! Enjoy your trip!!

20. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sugarbee: Sooooo cute!
    @fuzzypeaches: Beautiful! Where are you babymooning? We are going to Lake Tahoe on Sunday for the week-- can't wait!

21. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@fuzzypeaches: oh yay! How fun! DH and I are going to Vegas this weekend for our babymoon, so excited!

22. Mama Bird

pomegranate / 3127 posts

@sugarbee: oh so cute!

@fuzzypeaches: how beautiful! Where is that?

@QBbride: Ouch, that sounds so painful... I had something like that last time around, but mostly after eating. I was sure it's gallstones, but it seems my insides were just getting smooshed funny. It went away around 30 weeks and never bothered me again. I've also read that pregnancy can cause a little cartilage inflammation. I hope it goes away soon!

Had my follow up scan, and everything looks good. Whew! For some reason, I've got the hungries and insomnia again, but at least I'm awake enough at night that I can put in some work overtime from home. And the baby brain... I was making myself a sandwich in the dark and almost put the butter on my phone instead of the bread!

23. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@sugarbee: @QBbride: @simplyfelicity: @Ginabean3: @Mama Bird: we are in bali! I never want to leave lol

@QBbride: that sounds horrible! Maybe see your Dr/midwife! Sounds so painful. I once had whooping cough and broke a rib from coughing so hopefully that didn't happen to you if you were coughing a lot

@simplyfelicity: I've never been to Lake Tahoe but I've heard its gorgeous! How long are you going for?
    @Ginabean3: I looooove vegas! Are you going to see any shows???

@Mama Bird: so good to have reassurance! And lol, that would have been a very crunchy meal hahahaha. I have such bad insomnia too :s I had it last time as well and it's awful!

24. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@sugarbee: aw, great pics!

@fuzzypeaches: Have a great time! We are doing a mini baby-moon this weekend. Going to Cannes for a long Easter weekend. I'm hoping for good weather!

@QBbride: I don't know if it's the same thing, but I get that type of pain off and on, and always have. It's usually on my left side though. It hurts when I breathe too deeply. I've never known what causes it, but it goes away after a while. It's painful and annoying though!

Going for my little check up in a few hours to ask about the cramps and diarrhea from the other day. I got more cramps yesterday, but took a nap and they went away. I feel like yesterday was more growing pains though. (Does that make sense?) I'll let ya'll know what the Doc says!

In other news, I ordered thank you cards for after my shower!

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@sugarbee: Cute!!!!

@fuzzypeaches: beautiful pic! We are going to the beach in early June, though DS will be coming with us. I can't wait for our last vacation as a family of 3!!

@QBbride: I have pain under my left rib, but under the bottom one. It's super uncomfortable, but not as painful as yours sounds! I would call the doc if it's making it so painful that you can't lift things. Feel better!

@Mama Bird: I have the hungries again too! I woke up this morning ravenous! And I totally hear you on the insomnia

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Cute card!!!! Good luck at the doc!! I hope your cramps go away!!!

26. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

So I just got back, all is well! He said to keep taking the magnesium to ward of cramps, but also the magnesium is what could have caused the diarrhea! Good to know. He measured my cervix and it was closed and long. Little man was stubborn again, so no profile pic this time. He is weighing about 1.8 pounds! (800 grams. A little big I think! I'm 24w1d.) And apparently I have gained 20 lbs! But I can't believe it.....Yikes.

Treated myself to some fancy olives at the olive bar in the grocery store on the way home! lol

27. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@fuzzypeaches: we are! We are going to see "O"! I've seen it (like 10 years ago lol) but DH has never seen ANY Cirque shows! We are staying at the Aria!

28. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I love the cards! Cannes sounds amazing and exotic (Canadian over here) I just picture fancy people in fancy caftans hahahah
    So good that the mg is helping!

@Ginabean3: I've only to Vegas a couple times but we stayed at aria last time and it was amazing! It will be so fun!

Anyone else an outtie yet? Belly button is out and huge over here (and itchy lol) I can't remember when this happened last time but I feel like this is a bit early?

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@fuzzypeaches: Bali sounds amazing! We will be in Tahoe for 5 days, 4 nights. Nothing fancy but DH and I are both teachers and it will do.

30. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@fuzzypeaches: I'm just excited to stay in a hotel!!! The past couple times I've gone to Vegas we've stayed at my best friend's parents' condo. Which is very nice and FREE! But of course there is something fun/special about staying at a hotel and not having to make the bed or clean up after yourself.

31. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I'm so jealous of the babymoons! We took a pre-babymoon, no holds barred trip to Naples, Florida in October. It turned out to be where this little nugget was made
    We are going away for a week with my family....and for a weekend to a wedding, but other than that, we're just hoping to get a handful of date nights in...and of course time with DD!

32. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@simplyfelicity: it sounds amazing!! I've laways wanted to go there actually. My husband has been and loved it. The weather will probably be perfect right now!

@Ginabean3: omg yes. The best part is no toddler wake up alarm and no dishes or laundry

@Tidybee: I've never been to Florida! But it sounds like a lucky place I've become so territorial about time with LO too, that's the hardest thing about being away! I just get so sad knowing his time as "the baby" is slowly running out

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Y'all, I am nearly pulling my back out trying to paint my toe nails.

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Glad your appt went well and there's nothing to worry about!

@fuzzypeaches: Mine never popped out last night and I'm hoping it doesn't this time either! It's still nowhere near where it would pop out.

@simplyfelicity: Lol! Get a pedicure! Don't strain yourself!!

35. Ginabean3

pomegranate / 3401 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: oh I'm so glad to hear your appointment went well!

36. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: ha I felt the same way and then I said.. I'm almost in my third trimester I get to have a pedicure .. and I did and it was glorious

37. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

anyone have pre-e with their first pregnancy? my feet are starting to swell slightly now (with my DS they started at like 19wks) and it's bringing me back...and freaking me out about preterm labor blerg

38. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: I didn't have pre-e last time. How are you feeling other than the swelling? Can you go to the pharmacy or something to take your BP?

@fuzzypeaches: my belly button never turned to an outtie last time and I don't think it will this time, either. It is still pretty deep!!

@simplyfelicity: definitely get a pedicure!!

39. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

Passed my 1 hour GD test - Woot!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: congrats on a great appt! Must feel like such a relief.

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: Yay! Me too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee