Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2015 Nursery/Toddler Room Plans

1. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrsjyw: yay!

2. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@Reese: looking great.. did you make or buy your book shelves?

3. turkeylurkey

kiwi / 541 posts

@mrsjyw: These are our room colors too! The wall will be the aqua. My curtains finally came in. They are white with a large band of mustard yellow on the top and bottom. My art-work is mostly mustard yellow. I bought a rug that is gray, but it hasn't come in yet. My baby mobile is all 3 colors and haven't gotten it yet. Should get it next week.

We haven't painted the walls yet. This was my storage room and it has taken some time to go through things. We are donating some furniture that is in that room this weekend at a charity event. Can't wait to get those 2 items out of there so we can prep to paint. I also have some big baby items left from DS in there that I'm trying to figure out where to store now. (The swing, infant car seats, bouncy-play stations, high-chair etc).

4. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Yay: Painting done and I love the color.
    Nay: Opened up the crib box and it was broken.

5. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: We bought them. They are the IKEA frame shelves.

@simplyfelicity: Yay! We had to get a replacement piece ordered for ours too. Hopefully the replacement is speedy! Such a bummer.

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I will try that. Hopefully we can get the part and not have to lug all 75 lbs to Walmart.

7. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@simplyfelicity: Hopefully. We got ours from a baby store so we just had to bring back the damaged part. Hopefully you can do the same. If not, they may just have a replacement for you on the spot - which would be awesome!

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Reese: Looks great! Love it!

@simplyfelicity: Ahh Love your little yorkie! We have a very high strung morkie!

@mrsjyw: pretty colors!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

We have the main paint down and are working on the crazy accent wall. I'm not into pastels, so this is going to have some BOLD colors. Lol

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

And here are the swatches

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: ooooh! fun colors! I like bold colors too, but only for one wall in a room. Can't wait to see how that wall turns out!

12. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: Well, bright side - you checked the crib before the baby needed it! I hope you're able to get replacement parts without lugging it all back to the store too. But that does seem like the quickest way to remedy the situation. Even if it is a pain.

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thread stalking How do you paint with tape so it doesn't bleed underneath??

14. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: It's going to look sooooo awesome!
    @sweetooth: @Reese: Just called the manufacturer and they are just going to send out the part. Thank goodness!

15. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: boo, that sucks!

@ValentineMommy: wow!! And love the colors.

So, any of us that still have a "junk room" situation on our hands feel brave enough to post what the room currently looks like? I will if you will, haha!

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

It's doooooooone! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out. I know it's not everyone's taste, but I love it!

17. Mamaof2

squash / 13208 posts

@ValentineMommy: I have been stalking this thread just for your update

I love it - looks amazing!!!!!

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@LindsayInNY: There is a trick. So, we wanted the "grout" lines or whatever you want to call them, to be the color of the other walls (light gray). We painted the wall gray first. Taped. Paint OVER the whole wall, including the tape, the gray color again! That's the trick. It seals your tape lines. Then we painted over that with the individual colors. Wait till dry to peel off tape. That's the hardest part and I never do it....and it ends up biting me in the ass every time! The paint can peel if you don't wait. We did have a little bit of bleeding, but VERY minimal and easily fixed.

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mamaof2: Thank you! I got really freaked out in the middle and thought I was going to hate it, but once I pulled the tape, it was I almost killed myself doing it though haha. DH was too afraid of messing it up so it got left to me (not surprising lol).

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@ValentineMommy: I had heard that before - painting the underlying color over the tape but I didn't know how true it was. Clearly that's my issue! Oh well, next time I guess...

21. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@ValentineMommy: it looks fantastic!!!
    I dreamt last night that I painted a really cool castle mural on the nursery wall with pink horses and everything.

This will never happen..
    1. I can't paint
    2. we're having a boy haha

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: Thank you! Maybe he will like castles anyway! My DS loves castles and knights. Maybe just skip the pink lol

23. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@ValentineMommy: Looks GREAT!!!!

24. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@ValentineMommy: super cool! Wow you guys work fast! And great tip!

25. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@ValentineMommy: I love it! Nice work!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Thanks ladies!

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Okay, so for above the dresser I am planning on having three pictures. The one in the center will be 16×20 (with the frame) and the two on either side will be 11×14. I tried to map it out with the pic but I am afraid the middle pic doesn't look big enough to balance it out. I was going to go up to a larger frame for the middle (20x24) but the dresser is only 5 feet long. Thoughts? And, yes, I am over thinking this.

28. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

In better news, we got the replacement part for the crib and can put it together this weekend!

29. Mrs. Pickles

kiwi / 584 posts

@simplyfelicity: I like the sizing and you don't want to overpower the wall

It's really fun to focus on the little stuff that's my favorite part
    We finally bought our paint color so we just need to get down to actually painting

30. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@ValentineMommy: Amazing!! Looks great!

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Mrs. Pickles: That's a good point! Subtle is good in a nursery.

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

So we have one wall "down" in the nursery. Unfortunately, the room is going to be really squished and off kilter because I planned for length of the furniture but not width. Oops... going to have to tuck the dresser behind the crib until we move DH's computer out.

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@simplyfelicity: What will be in the potential 20x24 picture frame? That cool baseball team image you have? I do think that's a big size, but it all depends on the content, you know? That will determine how it feels in context with the other two images. But maybe having something that large will allow you to really build around it with some other smaller items. Glad you got your replacement part so quickly! And yeah, that baby furniture size can surprise you. I feel like we have a lot of little "unusable corners" in our room because of the size of our furniture.

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrsjyw: Thank you!

@simplyfelicity: @sweetooth: We have the same issue. Some of the stuff is so wide (I'm looking at you, crib) that it sticks out and takes up SO much room, making weird little corners. Oh well.

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Etsy seller got back to me with the mock up of the quilt. Sooooo excited about it!

36. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@simplyfelicity: reeeeeally cute!!!

37. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@ValentineMommy: LOVE the wall!! You are so talented!!

@simplyfelicity: that is adorable! Are you sharing the name? Did I miss that?

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Reese: I think I shared it on the other thread but I am not sure. We decided on William Lawrence but we are going to call him Liam.

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@simplyfelicity: Adorable! Love the name as well (I'm not sure I knew you had picked one!)!

As for us, the wall may be painted and we did move the crib in, but the room is still a giant storage space and the closet is still full of stuff (including my wedding dress) that I have no idea where to put! Please tell me I'm not alone. I left DH a honey-do list today which including moving the "storage" stuff out of there. I just have no idea where he's going to put it lol

40. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@simplyfelicity: cute!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee