Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2016 moms!

1. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@thismustbetheplace: No, my insurance isn't covering it. If insurance doesn't cover, the cost at my lab is $250-300 rather than the $800 billed to insurance. I believe the criteria were any of the following: 35+, previous pregnancy with trisomy, or other high risk factor from doc. I'm not any of those. I am doing it instead of the NT. I know a few people who have been told they have increased odds with the NT, and I don't think I could handle that anxiety. However, I would have loved an u/s since my last one was at 6wks and just looked like a blob. To be perfectly honest though, we're doing the test to find out the sex early. My FIL is sick, and we want to make sure we're able to tell him the sex since we may name the kiddo after him somehow.

2. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@futuremama: what is NT? And increased odds for what? Thanks!!

3. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@Bee_McGee: thank you for thinking of me!!! Everything went great. We opted no for the CF screening but yes for the one that screens for Down's and a few other things. Trifold reasoning: 1. If everything comes back neg, we have the peace of mind, 2. If anything comes back pos, I could begin reading, researching, and looking for support groups, and 3. It includes an over the belly ultrasound! Can't wait o hear the heartbeat!!! With my transvaginal u/s at 6w6d everything looked great as far as the heartbeat flicker and how the baby was measuring but I can't wait for that first over the belly one!

4. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@jstalter: it's the Nuchal Translucency scan. It's one of the genetic testing options where they use measurements from an ultrasound at the end of the first tri combined with bloodwork to determine the likelihood that the baby has Down syndrome, trisomy 18, etc. I know of a few people who have been told that they have elevated risks for the chromosomal abnormalities, and everything has ended up fine. It can just cause some anxiety. To be fair, their odds were 1 in 400 or something vs. 1 in 10,000, which is normal, so there was still a very slight chance of issues. One of the perks though is that you get an u/s at 12ish weeks when baby actually starts resembling a human! There are a lot of options. This particular one wasn't for us, but I know many people who have done this screening and got a ton of reassurance that all was well with baby. Hope that clears it up a bit.

5. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@futuremama: Sorry to hear about your FIL. That is very sweet to name the baby after him. If this baby is a boy it will be named after DH and my grandfathers who passed away this year.

6. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@futuremama: thank you so much for the explanation!! This was the one we were offered and we opted to do it. I'll have my appointment 1/11. Thankful for the extra info you provided!!

7. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Had our NT scan today. Everything looked great. 13 weeks tmrw!

8. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@AprilFool: I also lost a grandfather this year. Then I found out I was pregnant on his birthday. My grandma and I found extra joy in that.

9. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Awww!!! Congrats!!!!

10. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@jstalter: I bet you can't wait to see that little babe!

11. jstalter

cherry / 124 posts

@futuremama: eeeeer!!! I sure can't!!!

12. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: Beautiful baby!

@jstalter: What a fantastic birthday surprise! This baby is due on my grandfathers birthday

13. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Did anyone announce? We told my brother and sister and my extended family on Christmas my parents and DHs immediate family knew already.

A lot of "I knew it!" From people I haven't even seen since July, lol.

14. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: We did! We told both our families on Christmas day. Everyone was very excited which was great.

I love how people "know". They have no idea! lol

15. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: We surprised both sets of parents and my siblings on Christmas morning. LO came down the stairs wearing his "big brother" shirt and we got it all on video. It worked out perfectly. It was such a huge relief to tell them because I'd been feeling SO miserable and trying to hide it was difficult.

16. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@AprilFool: @thismustbetheplace: yay for announcing!

Anyone else crampy? I feel period type cramps often. I hope it's ok.

17. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: I am.. but for a much less glamorous reason... I'm pretty much chronically constipated now. It's 100% the opposite of my norm and I'm not sure how to deal with it. I've been relying on stool softeners way too much and I think I need to go the old person route and get some prunes and prune juice Embarrasing. Maybe the cramps could also be your uterus stretching to accommodate that little bean?

When's your next appointment? I'm sure it's nothing bad but it's worth mentioning to your doctor.

18. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

Happy New Year July Mommies!
    Our babies will be here some time this year!

I hope everyone had a good night. Did anyone else make it to midnight?

I haven't told anyone we are expecting so it was hard to explain why I wasn't drinking. I don't know if it was a total success but it was fine.

Wishing you all best for 2016!

19. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@thismustbetheplace: That shirt is adorable.

@Aandmklover: Didn't even try to make it to midnight, was in bed by 9. Mama needs her sleep!

20. teawithpaloma

apricot / 490 posts

@Aandmklover: we had a wedding so I had to stay up! I ended up telling our friends there because it was so obvious!

21. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@MrsD: @Mrs. Champagne: @futuremama: @jstalter: @thismustbetheplace: @Letitshinephoto: @Aandmklover: @teawithpaloma: @brunnermel: @Bee_McGee:

As we move into the second trimester I thought it might be fun to do a roll call and maybe get this thread going again.

How far along are you and when are you due?
    Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)?
    When is your next appointment?
    Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far?
    Are you in maternity clothes yet?
    How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)?
    Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share!

22. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

How far along are you and when are you due? 11w 2d - Due date had been moved to July 25th.

Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)? Team Green. I want to have that moment at birth.

When is your next appointment? NT scan on Monday.

Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far? No aversions and no real cravings although I am partial to salty foods.

Are you in maternity clothes yet? Sure am! Maternity pants for the win. I had to wear a normal pair of shorts to pick my daughter up the other day and was in the for 20 mins and was so uncomfortable.

How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)? We told our parents at Christmas in a card, I doubt I will announce on facebook etc.

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! Have to wait until Monday!!

23. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

Hello!
    I'm late to the party but can I still join?

A little about myself. I'm 34, mommy to a 2 year old girl, both conceived with IVF. First was born at 36 weeks and breech. She has Hip Dysplasia (probably due to the breech position) but is doing wonderful. (Im only throwing this out there in case anybody has any questions-now or maybe later. You never know. I wish I had known more people.) Anyways, I'm lucky to be a stay at home mum and feel extremly blessed that we get to add to our family.

I thought I'd jump in with you roll call:

How far along are you and when are you due?
    11 weeks 2days, July 23rd

Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)?
    Team green! It was such a great experience the first time I want to experience the surprise again.

When is your next appointment?
    Jan 20, with the midwife. Next scan at 20 weeks. We declined all first trimester screenings/testings.

Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far?
    I was horribly sick until last Saturday. Wasn't eating for the past 5 weeks now the nausea has soften and I'm a food processor. Can't do any veggies other than raw carrots though

Are you in maternity clothes yet? Yes! Since week 9. My bump is huge...

How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)? We shared the news on Christmas Eve with our family and just started to tell close friends. No social media announcement over here.

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share!

24. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@AprilFool: great idea!

How far along are you and when are you due? 11w3d according to the midwife, due date back to 7/24. It's a bit ambiguous because I track ovulation and know that I conceived later in my cycle but she goes by ACOG recommendations. Just hoping it won't become an issue if I go 'overdue' according to their calculations but not mine.

Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)? Team green this time around!

When is your next appointment? NT scan on 1/13, midwife on 1/28

Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far? Finally getting out of the aversion to everything stage, thank goodness. Craving NY style bagels (which have been impossible to find since moving to VA) and SUSHI. I accidentally spent an hour looking at images of sushi and sashimi online the other night. Want some soooo badly.

Are you in maternity clothes yet? Nope, lots of bloat but no real belly peaking above my pelvis yet.

How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)? Announced to our families on Christmas via my son's pjs (see above). Not sure about social media yet, not until 2nd tri.

Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share! I'll update with a photo from my NT scan, no share worthy bump pics here yet.

25. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@elchalten: Welcome! What a cute bump!

**JULY 2016 DUE DATES**
    July 2- Mrs. Champagne (#2)
    July 5- MrsD (#2), brunnermel (#1)
    July 9- Letitshinephoto (#1)
    July 10- futuremama (#2)
    July 15- Bee_McGee (#2)
    July 23- elchalten (#2)
    July 24- thismustbetheplace (#2)
    July 25- AprilFool (#2)
    July 26- jstalter (#1)
    July 28- teawithpaloma (#2)
    July 31- Aandmklover (#3)

26. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

How far along are you and when are you due? 13 wks due 7/10

Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)? Yes, we did the harmony day test on 12/23. We should know any day now!

When is your next appointment? 1/19. I'll be 15 wks

Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far? No cravings other than water. I feel like I can't stay hydrated. I sill can't stand the smell thought of coffe and pork.

Are you in maternity clothes yet? No, I've been too lazy to get the bin out of storage. I should do that this weekend. Pants are getting pretty snug.

How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)? We told family as we saw them through the holidays. I probably won't do an announcement on social media.

27. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

*How far along are you and when are you due?
    10w3d
    *Will you be finding out, or team green (share if you already know!)?
    *We will be finding out. We are going to do the blood test. I'm super excited.
    *When is your next appointment?
    Jan 18th its considered the first prenatal appointment even though I did have a confirmation apportions and ultrasound at 8w
    *Best/Worst craving and/or food aversion so far?
    Nothing specific. Mostly I feel yucky than I'm starving and have no idea what I want.
    *Are you in maternity clothes yet?
    No, nota one. I feel like my uterus is pushing everything up so the area that's getting bigger is higher and not affecting my pants. I did order some clearance tops off targets website.
    *How will you (or did you) announce, if you’re doing a formal announcement (social media, holiday card, etc.)?
    We have only told 3 people non family. I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for. Maybe I'll wait till after the blood work when we know the sex.
    *Bump and/or ultrasound pic if you care to share!
    I only have an 8w. Ultrasound

28. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@elchalten: Welcome!!

@thismustbetheplace: @elchalten: Love all the other team greens.

@futuremama: Can't wait until you find out either.

Today I am feeling really anxious. We have our NT scan on Monday and am just nervous.

29. elchalten

olive / 64 posts

Hope everyone is doing fine.

Do you guys have a closed FB group? If so, how do I get in???

30. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@elchalten: thanks for asking. A lot of my nauseua has subsided which has been great.

@AprilFool: good luck with your scan today!

We have to be one of quietest due date groups. The August 2016 thread has pages in the teens. Lol

I have my 12 week appointment Monday Jan 18. Can't wait to hear that little heartbeat again.

31. Bee_McGee

coffee bean / 26 posts

I haven't announced yet (except to our folks) b/c we want the full results of the CVS. I had the CVS last week - I have an anterior placenta so they had to go through the abdomen and it HURT! It hurt a lot more than amnio. I'm glad its done though, no adverse effects thus far. I also got my blood drawn for the Counsyl test. I am kinda excited to get the results - it will be interesting to find out. We did find out the sex - its a boy! Two boys - holy moly! I admit I was hoping for a girl but only because they are less likely to be born premature and have a much easier time in the NICU if they are (my son was 10 weeks early, so I am obsessed with this stuff.) I'm fine with a boy in all the other aspects of things - not sad I won't get to plan a wedding, etc. I am not really showing yet, after some bloating intially I can wear my regular pants for the most part comfortably. I'm 12 weeks so we'll see - last time I "popped" all at once.

32. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@futuremama: any news on Baby #2's sex?

@elchalten: I think there is a facebook group combined with the weddingbee due date group. I never got an invitation to it but I assume they're a bit more active there. I'm still hoping this group will pick up some steam

@Bee_McGee: Congrats on boy #2... yay for not having to buy a complete new wardrobe. Hope the results of the CVS and Counsyl come back soon!

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better. Nausea is decreasing but still there most days, and I've started to get a bit more energy back. Looking forward to seeing this little bean sprout at the NT tomorrow!

33. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

@thismustbetheplace: No. Nothing yet. The dr just called and confirmed that they still haven't gotten them back from the lab. I'm rather annoyed.

34. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@Bee_McGee: I have to boys (22 months apart) they are wonderful.

@thismustbetheplace: if you'd like to join the Facebook group let me know. I'll walk you my info then get you a request. It's a little more active over there than here but it's still small at less than 30 people.

@futuremama: how nerve racking. Hopefully they get back to you soon.

35. teawithpaloma

apricot / 490 posts

Here's my update as I approach 12 weeks!

We had a great scan at 11 weeks 1 day and they were able to do the first trimester (NT) screen. Got the full results over the phone today and they were good.

As I mentioned I am still fully in maternity clothes and loving it. I'll tell work next week as I am only in the office 2 days and I've been able to hide it thus far.

We bought our DD a big sister book and plan on doing a little Facebook announcement soon (mostly per the request of my mother).

I am taking a full dose of Unisom at night for nausea. If I take 1/2 dose I vomit. I threw up every day until 24 weeks last time and I am just more willing to medicate this time. I am thankful it is working.

36. Bee_McGee

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Aandmklover - I'm excited actually, I love raising my son and I think another boy will be a great addition. Plus hand me downs!

@Thismustbetheplace - glad to hear you're feeling better - hope your screening goes well. I think you can order bagels from Zabars - if I recall correctly they will fedex them to you!

@Futuremama - hope you hear soon!

@Teawithpaloma - congrats on the scan results! And yay for relief!

I am feeling nervous today. I had a terrible cold last week and wound up taking two (total) sudafed. just the regular decongestant, not PE or with any other cold stuff. My ob said it was OK but I read today it shouldn't be used in the 1st tri! I also have had horrible, horrible exzema. I tried for weeks to not use any steroid cream but if I don't use it the itchiness literally wakes me up at night. So I have been using it as limited as possible. Again my ob has offered assurance that its fine but Dr. google begs to differ.

On top of that we had to get our apt treated for roaches (I wore a mask and left the room while they sprayed and left the apt with windows open a few minutes later.) And I realized I also sprayed some raid two days before I found out I was pregnant. (We live in NYC, roaches are a fact of life.) I feel like I have messed up so much this time. I keep thinking to myself if I were sitting in idling traffic I would probably be exposed to more chemicals than these two limited instances. But uch! I hate this part of pregnancy - feeling so worried that anything I might do could damage this being living inside me - its so stressful. At this point it seems like I have given this fetus a neural tube defect (roach spray) growth restriction (cortiscosteriod) and a possible umbilical hernia (sudafed). I feel like a failure.

37. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@Bee_McGee: if it makes you feel any better, at this gestational age your baby probably does have an umbilical hernia anyway. Their little intestines get pushed into the cord for a brief time. But seriously, I sympathize with you about the worries. I just keep reminding myself of how many women make it much later in their pregnancy and don't know/haven't taken any precautions or gotten prenatal care. Babies are resilient.

We got to see the bean sprout today. Had a MUCH better appointment and really loved the physician we saw. Almost made up for last time

38. futuremama

clementine / 854 posts

Well, quick update on our Harmony results. I called the dr to see why it was taking so long on Tues. I talked to them this morning and apparently there was an issue at the lab and they didn't even draw the blood to perform the test. The nurse apologized profusely, of course it was not at all her fault, and said she personally had spoken to the lab to correct the mixup and I could have my blood redrawn. We were really only getting the test to find out the sex to tell my FIL who was ill. Unfortunately he passed last weekend, so rather than redoing it, we're just going to wait for our scan in Feb. I'm disappointed, but excited to see the babe in 4-6 weeks. I go back for a regular appt on Tues and we'll schedule the scan then.

39. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

I have my 12 week appointment tomorrow. I hope everything is wonderful and the baby's heartbeat is easy to find with the Doppler. I feel worried this time.

I hope everyone is doing well. @thismustbetheplace: baby!! So cute!!
    @futuremama: it's weird that they messed that up. Bummer. I'm also so sorry to hear about your FIL. Sending my condolences.

40. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

@futuremama: So sorry to hear about your FIL
    @Aandmklover: Good luck today, let us know how it goes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee