Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@JennyG: I have heard if this before too but it all turned out fine for the mama & baby - just a bit more monitoring & scans throughout!

2. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Thanks so much for all the good thoughts and support. Its nice to hear of people having everything turn out fine. Google is full of stories like that, but also terrible ones, so I'm trying to avoid it.

@Nutella: I always feel like the two weeks before a appointment is when I get the most nervous. Once I'm at the appointment and hear the heartbeat, I'm good for two weeks and then the worry starts again. Hang in there! It'll be here before you know it.

3. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@JennyG: thanks, so true - I love the post-appointment relief.

Stay away from google!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I have a regular appt today (16 weeks), and I think they'll give me the order for the anatomy scan.

Who's felt movement? How far were you? I think I've felt some for 1-1.5 weeks now

5. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@JennyG: hahaha so true !! I have exactly the same feeling! I still have two weeks till my next appointment..Thank god I feel regular movement! It's reassuring!

@Mrs. J: good luck today! I've felt movement for a few weeks now! It's such a lovely feeling!

6. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mamainthesun: mine still feels like gas bubbles haha

7. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I think I have been feeling teeny tiny movement in the form of little bubbles the past week. Eek! Yay for booking your scan. Mine is a month out now and I'm already feeling nervous about it and everything being okay.

My friend is letting me borrow her snoogle! It's nice! I just had a regular super old body pillow and wedge last pregnancy and for the beginning of this one so I feel spoiled. Haha

8. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. J: I started feeling definite baby movement last week, right before hitting 17 weeks.

9. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Mrs. J: I only started feeling him at 19 weeks, but I have an anterior placenta this time!

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Goose: oooh I've gotta bust out my snoogle! DH hates it haha. My scan will be in a month, too

11. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: I hated the SNOOGLE! It was just too much for me. I just sleep w/ a pillow under belly /in between legs and behind me and that works pretty well. So funny how everyone's preferences are different!

12. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Calibee: @winniebee: yeah for the baby movement!!

Ha! I had to Google a snoggle! Ive never seen one! Here we have "nursing pillows" that are about half the Diane that's the norm. I didn't really use mine the first time.

13. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@Mrs. J: Haha, mine hates all my pillows including the snoogle. I basically build a pillow wall around myself when pregnant.

@winniebee: I thought it was totally unnecessary the first time round (and didn't understand why anybody would want or need one!) when I had a few friends who had it and I just slept with a body pillow between my legs or on my back and a little wedge under my tummy. Then by the end I had 4 pillows tucked around me. This time I have been more uncomfortable sleeping already and I find it nice to be wrapped by the pillow. But it is interesting how everyone has different preferences.

@mamainthesun: It is a monster! They have even bigger ones that are in the shape of a big u as well that are a different brand. I have nursing pillows too!-for nursing. haha. Although I have used it on my couch before for my neck, very multipurpose those pillows!

14. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: wow!! How big are the beds in the US!!!
    I did use the nursing pillow on the couch too! But I never found it comfy in bed..I'll have to try again!!

15. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: I didn't use a pregnancy pillow for #1 either, but maybe I'll have to look into getting one this time.

16. winniebee

@Mrs. Goose: I'm really short so I think that's part of the problem! My husband calls it the poop pillow lol

17. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@mamainthesun: haha! I'm in Canada, but I'd say they're about the same size. :). We have a king, which I hated when we got together, but for pregnancy and kids or pets it's pretty great and I have since learned to appreciate it. My husband and I could have both have snoogle and probably fit another person in the bed! I find the nursing pillows are quite firm compared to other pillows so I don't know how comfy it would be for parts of your body other than your arms or head.

@Calibee: do it! I find it interesting how similar my pregnancy has been so far in some aspects and also how different. I'm wondering if this time I'll be way more uncomfortable in daily life. Last time I felt pretty great the whole time and I was just slow at the end because I was massive.

@winniebee: I'm tall-ish so it's great. Poop pillow. Eek! My husband said it was the Great Wall of china.

18. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

Anyone else nursing a cold or other sickness right now?! I keep getting hit by them this winter and it sucks. Had stomach flu just before Christmas and then my daughter has gotten three colds since then, (plus some two week cough) coupled with the other toddler I take care of I haven't been able to escape the illnesses or feel very rested lately.

19. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

Can I just say I love my snoogle! I love that extra support I get lying on my side! It is a beast of a pillow though 😂

20. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@Mrs. Goose: Ugh! Yes! I had a cold two weeks ago, and now I'm sick again. There seems to be some nasty stuff going around this year.

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

My hips already are loose and achy at 16 weeks. Good lord, third child, what are you doing to me?!

22. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@Mrs. Goose: yep I've had a cold for a few days...But it seems permanent in the winter!

@Mrs. J: me it's my back! Why is pregnancy so long?!!

23. winniebee

20 weeks today, yahoo!

24. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Yeah!! Half way!! @winniebee: have you been feeling the baby more?

25. winniebee

@mamainthesun: yes definitely in the last week!

26. honey786

grape / 81 posts

Hi everyone! We had the 20wk anatomy scan on Monday and found out we are having a... GIRL! Everything looked good in the scan, but they couldn't get a good image of the spine so we may have to go back. She was very active in the beginning and then fell asleep and wouldn't budge. She measured a week ahead of the due date. We are both tall, so that may be why... I am 5'11 and Hubs is 6'4. They said they don't change the due date but just give the overall body measurement average. This will be the third girl cousin in the family. My sister has an almost 2 yo girl and my SIL is due in June with another girl.

27. winniebee

@honey786: Congrats!!

28. winniebee

July 2017 Mamas
    Beatlesfan629: 7/1 (#2)
    Honey786: 7/1 (#1)
    Purplelilac: 7/1 (#3)
    Winniebee: 7/3 (#3)
    Just_Ju: 7/4 (#2)
    Jennyg: 7/7 (#3)
    Enjollah: 7/9 (#3)
    Mamainthesun: 7/10 (#2)
    Calibee: 7/11 (#2)
    Hawaiiangirl: 7/14 (#3)
    Makingbabyw: 7/15 (#1)
    Nutella: 7/20 (#2)
    Mrs.J: 7/27 (#3)
    Jaypegs: 7/27 (#2)
    Smores: 7/27 (#2)
    Odynsmom: 7/29 (#2)
    Mrs. Goose: 7/29 (#2)

Anatomy scans:
    2/13: Beatlesfan629
    2/24: Nutella
    3/7: Mamainthesun

29. winniebee

Just updated our list - if I'm missing any genders or appts, let me know!

30. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@honey786: Congrats on the girl!

@winniebee: yay for 20 weeks! I got a notification on my Ovia app the other day that I was "halfway there" and it was exciting, but kind of freaked me out at the same time

We had our anatomy scan on Monday and everything looks great with baby boy! He's measuring almost a week ahead of my due date which is funny because my daughter always seemed to measure a little on the smaller side.

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: what a nice milestone!

@honey786: congratulations. For my first I had to go back for a repeat scan because my daughter slept the entire time and didn't move at all despite the tech smashing at my stomach and me taking a walk. It was a good thing we didn't want to know the gender because there was no way to tell! From that experience I have learned to drink a juice box 10 minutes before I go in for a scan! I hadn't eaten or drank anything (aside from water) for hours before the scan because I was nervous.

@winniebee: oh, and my anatomy scan is March 10th.

32. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: Congratulations! Little girls are so fun!

@winniebee: Woo hoo! Half way there!!

Just got the results of my second trimester blood draw, and everything came back normal. My anatomy scan is next week. Can't wait to find out that baby is healthy and what I'm having!!

33. winniebee

@just_ju: thinking of you

34. winniebee

@purplelilac: hopeful all your labs came back ok!

35. winniebee

@BeatlesFan629: great news!

36. winniebee

@Calibee: awesome! Next week willl be here before you know it!!

37. winniebee

Had my 20 week visit today -- up 9 lbs and baby sounded good. Somehow mfm forgot to measure my cervix during my anatomy scan so I have to go for an internal ultrasound tomorrow to get that checked. Hopefully they will peek at baby boy, too.

38. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@winniebee: hey, thanks! I was so glad to see your update that everything looked good for your little boy! I'm terrible about keeping up here!

I completely forgot to update after our anatomy scan. The mfm doctor was kind of talking in circles, but the take away from the conversation was there were no markers that raised any concerns, so everything appears to be okay. We have to go in for more pictures of the heart in a few weeks, and if all looks okay, our risk will return to normal range. The doctor kept bringing up doing different kinds of testing and then saying our risk is still less than 1%, which isn't too bad, and back and forth and I found that to be really confusing and annoying. Aside from the fetal echocardiogram to look at the heart again, I'm done with testing. After giving myself/receiving 99 shots during our IVF round with #1 and all of the blood tests from both pregnancies, I'm just done with needles and testing (aside from what's necessary).

39. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@honey786: yeah a girl! Congratulations!!

@BeatlesFan629: great news that everything is looking good!!

@Calibee: good news that everything looks normal!

40. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: yeah for a good appointment!

@just_ju: it's sounds confusing..Is he your regular doctor? Atleast he didn't sound too concerned! Fingers crossed that the heart scan goes well! I only have one blood test a month, which I already dread doing, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee