Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2017 Moms!

1. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: I'm so sorry you had to go through that. That had to be extremely stressful and scary. I'm glad baby boy is looking good though and that they were able to help out with your chigger bites.

2. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Oh how scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: oh goodness! I'm glad he's ok, and that they finally gave you something to help the itching. I can't believe you're 3 weeks out!!!

4. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: 2 weeks from your induction right?! You can do it. Everyone is so excited for you to meet this little guy.

5. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

I just had my 36 week appointment. I'm 3 cm dilated. That sounds like a lot of progress! I was hoping for anything more than 0 cm

Obviously no way to know when this baby will decide to make his big debut, but at least now it doesn't seem likely that I'll need to be induced at 39 weeks.

6. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Calibee: Exciting! I was 2cm and 80% at 36 wks with both of my boys and they came at 38+3. Soon!

7. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: I'm very much hoping to go right around 38 weeks. Preferably not before that because I still have lots to do! But it's looking looking like I'll be having a June baby - you too right?

8. winniebee

@Calibee: Barring some odd event, yes! I'm 37+3 and while I don't feel close to labor on my own....my OB said she would induce me at 39 weeks (last week in June). I would love to go naturally at some point around 38 weeks, but if not I'm taking her up on her offer...walking seemed to really bring on contractions with DS1 so I'm gonna try that starting this weekend.

9. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: Glad everything is ok with baby. I'm sure that was super stressful. And I'm so sorry about all the bites. I got attacked by chiggers a few years ago and it was AWFUL!!! Hope the cream helps quickly.

@Calibee: 3 cm!!! That's exciting!

My growth scan yesterday was great, so I can finally check those off. I get my cerclage out tomorrow at 37 weeks. I've been doing too much googling and am so worried about how much it's going to hurt.

10. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Exciting! I'm sure it will be the best feeling in the world to have that little baby in your arms.

We just scheduled my induction for 7/7. But the nurse looked at the notes in my chart and laughed and said she couldn't imagine me making it that long. And neither can I but I guess we'll see. Which I'm sure means I've jinxed myself and I totally will.

11. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Good luck tomorrow! Hopefully it's not too bad. Any indication of when you might go into labor after it's out, or will they have a better idea tomorrow?

12. winniebee

I walked a looooong time today. It bought me some contractions but nothing timeable.

13. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Calibee: Thanks! I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty bad. The doctor who took it out isn't the one who put it in, so she didn't realize there were two knots to snip. Needless to say, I'm happy I will never have to do that again.

The plus side is I'm already 2 cm dialated as soon as she took it out, so at least I'm getting somewhere. There's no way to know when labor could start, but I'm going to finish packing my bags as soon as the kids are down for their nap.

14. winniebee

@JennyG: so exciting good luck!!!

15. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@JennyG: Exciting! This reminds me that I should probably get started on a hospital bag too

16. winniebee

No babies yet, huh?

I have my 38 week visit tomorrow (and growth scan). I'll be super annoyed to have had soooo many contractions in the last week if I have not made any progress.

17. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: I'm excited to start getting some July (or June!) babies!! The end of July feels soooo far away for me. I'm getting very sick of the "oh maybe this time you'll have a girl!" comments. I'd love a girl, but I will be happy with a healthy baby.

18. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: Hope your appointment went well and you've made some progress.

I definitely don't feel like things are moving along, but who knows. I certainly not trying to rush baby, but thought for sure I'd be having this baby within 48 hours of getting my stitches out.

19. honey786

grape / 81 posts

@Mrs. J: Omg, I hate the gender comments! After I tell people I am having a girl, why do they think a good response is, "Well next time it will be a boy!" (I am a FTM)?? I don't understand why people think it is better to have one gender or another. Even when people act over the moon excited its a girl, I am still like, uh okay. Hah. Healthy baby is all I am hoping/thankful for.

I had my 38 week appointment today. I chose to decline the cervical checks because I don't want to get antsy about my progress, nor do I want to start any convos about inductions until after 40 weeks. I have had some stomach tightening (BH?) over the weekend and extra fatigue, but no contractions yet, I don't think!

20. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@honey786: My first is a girl, and I had more people than I expected tell me not to be disappointed because the next one would be a boy. I was THRILLED to be having a girl. And I don't think I looked particularly sad when I said she was a girl. It was really weird.

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Calibee: @honey786: I have two boys, and people really don't believe me when I say we don't care one way or the other. I mean, sure, i would like a girl, but it's not the end of the world. Healthy baby please!

22. winniebee

Had my 38 week visit. 2cm (but not quite 3...) and 80% effaced. Growth scan today said he's 6.11 so no concerns there. Feeling super emotional and anxious and just want to meet him already. Scheduled induction for 6/28 if needed.

23. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Sounds like his growth is looking great! Hopefully baby boy will hurry up and get here so you can finally relax--as much as a person can with a newborn

24. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

Ah its getting closer!! I'm definitely feeling movement..don't know if it's just the pressure or actually small contractions. I'm see the doc on Thursday and can't wait to see if there's been any progress! Exciting

25. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

I had my 37 week appointment today. No change from last week. Still 3cm and 60% effaced. Baby is still pretty high up too apparently.

This actually makes me feel better because I have a few things I really want to take care of this week before baby comes. Important things like getting my hair and nails done before I have no time!

Can't wait to see who in this group ends up going first!

26. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

It's good to hear everyone is hanging in. I still am, though I'd love to have a baby any day now. I have an OB appt tomorrow (38w 4d) and I may ask for a cervical check and membrane sweep. I have been having a lot of middle of the night contractions and I thought I was starting to loose my mucus plug- but it was a false alarm. Alas, id like to have this baby soon! But I am also trying to be realistic that it could be another 3 weeks

27. winniebee

He's here!!!!

Grant Thomas was born on 6/20 at 9:11 pm. He was 6lb even and 19 inches and totally healthy. I am so in love!!

Regular contractions started around 1:30 and started to get more painful around 3:30. We got to the hospital at 530 and by 6, I was only 3-4cm but contractions had gotten really bad! They had me labor in triage and rechecked me at 7 and by that time I was really miserable, screaming through contractions. I was admitted at 7 and given my epidural at 8 at 6cm. Started pushing at 9 and he was here 11 mins later!!

Nursing is going okay, he is a little sleepy though I guess he is only 9 hours old. I'll post some pics on my IG account today - if you want to friend me it's erindwolf.

It has been a long road to having this baby in my arms. But, really worth it in the end. 🌈

28. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@winniebee: Yay!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy that your little boy is here. I love the name too!!

29. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@winniebee: congratulations! So happy he is here safe and sound. Hope your little boys love him too.

30. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@winniebee: oh, I am so happy for you!!! Congrats!!!

31. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@winniebee: SO happy for you! Congrats!!

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@winniebee: Congratulations! SO happy for you, mama

33. purplelilac

grape / 89 posts

@winniebee: congratulations! Such wonderful
    News! So happy to hear that he is finally here and healthy! Enjoy the "peace and quiet" of the hospital for the next few days.

34. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

@winniebee: wow congratulations!! Such great news! Yeah enjoy these lovely moments!! Many hugs and lots of love for this special time,💜🎉

35. Calibee

apricot / 286 posts

@winniebee: Congratulations!!!! Such great news! So very happy for you!

36. Nutella

persimmon / 1045 posts

@winniebee: oh my goodness, congratulations!! Well done and I hope you have a wonderful newborn adventure! I'm thrilled for you 💜 Enjoy the next bit!! 🌈🌈🌈

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. The doctor couldn't believe I hadn't gone into labor yet. I'm 3 cm and much thinner. We scheduled an induction for July 3rd due to gestational diabetes, so at least there's an end in sight!!

38. BeatlesFan629

cherry / 187 posts

@JennyG: Glad everything is going good and that's a great feeling-- setting an induction date and knowing there's an end in sight!

I'm 39 weeks today -not dilated at all and 0% effaced. It was very disappointing to hear. I know that doesn't always mean anything, but from my personal experience with my daughter a few years ago, I never progressed at all with her and ended up being induced after 41 weeks. I don't mind being induced again...but the thought of going till 41+ weeks bums me out!

39. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@JennyG: you're so close!!
    @BeatlesFan629: it is so disheartening to hear your body isn't moving along...I remember that when my first was ten days late! I just didn't want to hear it...I think I eventually declined the checks for my mental state!

My 36 week appt is next week. Inching my way to the finish line!

40. mamainthesun

apricot / 356 posts

I had an appointment yesterday and nothing...no dilation and not effaced! I was so hoping for a little something already! It's so hot and I can't imagine another three weeks like this!
    Sending speedy and good labours to you all!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee