Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 moms

1. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Hi everyone, just joining in!

EDD: July 6th, but that likely will change after my first u/s (like it did for my first)

First child? #2, DD is 21 months and very excited about a new baby!

Any symptoms? A constant, low-level nausea, though haven’t been sick yet (this is so different from my first pregnancy, when I was only nauseous a total of 3 times). Exhausted and need to sleep all the time (same as first time). A little bit of ligament stretching. Hungry all the time.

Who have you told? Hubby was with me when I took the test. Then we told my parents right away because they happened to be visiting and it’s so fun to tell in person. Then my yoga teacher (to be safe) and some random friends because I can’t keep my mouth shut. Too excited!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I’m cautiously optimistic, but feel different than last time so I hope that’s not a bad sign. I’m looking forward to my first appointment next Tuesday (Nov 21), and hoping we get to hear the heartbeat, then I’ll feel much more sure (and will probably start telling everyone!). Last time, my dates based on LMP were off by 9 days (guess I ovulate early in my cycle) so I’m guessing I’ll have a dating u/s soon to confirm my due date. Might end up being a June mama!

Hoping for sticky babies and great pregnancies for all!!

2. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@pmrlady: Thank you! Yes, waiting for the HB appointment feels interminable. With the recent miscarriage I'm feeling extra nervous during this time in between the first BFP and the HB appointment, but I know there's nothing I can do but wait!
    @saboma: Welcome! Can't wait to hear about your appointment!

3. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

Cautiously joining in here... Hoping not to jinx myself

EDD: 7/7

First child? 2nd. Dd will be 3 in March

Any symptoms? Not as many as I'd like. Did have sore boobs but not anymore, extra hungry, metallic taste in mouth

Who have you told? Immediate family and quite a few friends who know about our history and have been supportive with previous miscarriages

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? We had our first miscarriage October of last year, then kept trying with the help of an RE but didn't get pregnant again until the month after my due date which was a really hard time. I was really positive about that pregnancy but when it was another miscarriage it really took away all my optimism. We tried one more time then moved onto IVF. IVF was a bit of a mess with nothing going as planned, and after a lot of twists in the road we transferred two embryos on day 3. Luckily it seems to have worked and got a positive test. My HCG levels have been very high, so that paired with knowing we transferred 2 embryos makes me think it's twins. However, I'm having trouble staying optimistic and keep thinking it will be another miscarriage or we'll loose at least one of the babies. My ultrasound is Monday afternoon and I'm a nervous wreck. Both of my prior miscarriages were found at the ultrasound, so it's hard not to freak out. My husband is patiently trying to keep me sane.

It's sad to see so many in this group have experienced miscarriage, but at least it helps to have others understand how scary pregnancy after loss is. I keep saying I wish I was sick and throwing up each morning and people who haven't had a loss don't always understand how much I would love to have daily reassurance I'm still pregnant

4. TLL

pea / 10 posts

@LAUGHLINES: So sorry you've had to go through so much and hope you get your rainbow baby!

I've been extremely emotional and having a difficult time in general, worrying about another miscarriage. Normally my husband keeps me in the right frame of mind, but he's been having a difficult time right now after losing one of his best friends to cancer. It's hard when so few people know and your thoughts are going in so many directions.

5. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

I've also been struggling with feeling "normal" because it makes me worry that something is wrong. However, with my two lost pregnancies, I actually felt "worse" and stronger symptoms than my two successful pregnancies so I know strong symptoms don't mean much (for me at least). I'm going in tomorrow for a beta, which my doc office requires before scheduling the first ultrasound. This is bringing back a flood of emotions because with my two losses, the beta numbers weren't quite right from the beginning. Really hoping I'm not setting down that path again...

6. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: Welcome. It sounds like you've been on a roller coaster the last year. I have only had one miscarriage but it was recently so I'm incredibly anxious waiting for my first appointment. I am so hopeful for you that this is your take home baby/babies.
    @TLL: The mind games are hard. Hang in there
    @Shantuck: Interesting to hear that your extreme symptoms were during losses. The symptoms I had during my pregnancy that ended in miscarriage were so intense, too. My first pregnancy (my son) was really easy and symptoms were mild. With the m/c I was napping every day, incredibly nauseous, etc. The symptoms this pregnancy have so far been somewhat in between, and I am hopeful it's the sign that it's healthier? Who knows.

3 weeks from tomorrow is my first appointment and the wait is interminable. The wait is so hard!

7. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

I am so sad for all you ladies who have experienced such loss, but also very hopeful that all of you will have your rainbow babies soon!
    I haven’t experienced a pregnancy loss myself, so please let me know if anything I say is ever insensitive or ignorant. I don’t want to upset anyone on this board. But I am looking forward to following along everyone’s progress!!

8. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

I had my first appt yesterday...the OB was running over an hour behind so that wait was brutal!

According to my LMP I should be 10 weeks, but I knew that wasn't accurate. I knew I would be anywhere from 6-8 weeks. Baby measured 6 weeks 1 day, and had a heartbeat, but the OB seems to think the heartbeat was a little slow.

I'll go back next Wednesday to see if baby is growing on track and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely anxious about it. The OBs demeanor shifted so suddenly once the ultrasound machine came on that I wonder if she knows more than she's letting on? I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Our last loss (around 11.5 weeks) was fairly traumatic, and my husband wasn't super emotionally available. My fear throughout this has been that I'd be suffering alone again, and I'm so thrilled to say that this pregnancy has been so different in the husband-support area. He's really rooting for this little life, and he's not normally attached until much later. I'm beyond grateful for that.

Looking forward to hearing about all your upcoming appointments!

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LaughLines: Lurking to say it makes me so, so happy to see you here. I'm also pregnant now for the third time, after two losses, and while our circumstances are different in many ways I also found it to be a tough road. While it's been hard to believe that things could actually go right with my pregnancy, I will say that experiencing it through the prism of the previous losses has made the good moments really, really good. Like having a normal anatomy scan, even though I was still terrified of something else going wrong, was the happiest moment I've had in many years. Thinking of you and sending so much sticky baby dust.

10. TLL

pea / 10 posts

@LITTLEGBEE: Sorry to hear your appointment wasn't as reassuring as it could have been. I've never had an early ultrasound before, so don't know how it all works. Could your doctor's reaction just have been because she was looking at your LMP and expecting baby to be bigger? My clinic changed their policy since my last pregnancy, so this time around I'll get a "dating" ultrasound.

11. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@LittleGBee: did you ovulate late? Is that why your LMP isn't accurate? Did she say what the heart rate was? I would try not to judge too much on the demeanor.... Most techs I've seen put on a poker face once they get down to business even if they were chatty before

@periwinklebee: thanks for the hope! I know if this ultrasound goes well there will be tears of joy which isn't normal for me... I know if the pregnancy goes well I will appreciate it even more, even the bad/uncomfortable parts

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@LaughLines: Sending so many good wishes for your ultrasound and the next nine months. And same for all the ladies here

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@saboma:
    @LittleGBee: I'm sorry you're left feeling anxious after your first appointment. I know those early dating scans can be off by quite a lot. Do you have a sense of when you ovulated? Fingers and toes crossed your little bean is growing well by Wednesday.

14. xInfinity

cherry / 240 posts

EDD: July 21 (4 days before my birthday)

First child? 3rd. We have 3yo and 18mo girls already.

Any symptoms? minor nausea, getting tired

Who have you told? Just hubby and one friend. Probably will tell family at Christmas.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I joked to K that this better be another girl or else he's gonna be rocking a lot of pink!

15. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

Good luck to all the mamas with appointments this week! Fingers crossed everything goes well!

My doctor won’t see me until almost 10 weeks, which feels like forever away. 😩

16. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@LittleGBee: I had a similar thing happen with my last pregnancy (which resulted in my daughter). I measured two weeks behind the LMP calculation but I knew I had ovulated late. However, I measured about 6 days behind the ovulation date (I did opk's and charted) so they had me come in to monitor growth. They ended up concluding that I must have had my dates wrong because she kept growing on track. However, if the date she was measuring was actually right, my HPT would have come 5 days after I ovulated. She ended up being induced the day before her due date due to low amniotic fluid but was a healthy size. Hope you continue to track on pace as well. It was extremely stressful going through all of that (especially following my two losses just prior to getting pregnant with her).

I just got back my beta from Friday at 6 weeks exactly and it was 21,500, which is in the range of normal the NP said. With my two losses, my levels were low from the start. I'm not going to do any more betas unless they are necessary. Just going to sit tight and plan to go in for the ultrasound at 9 weeks. So much waiting....

17. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

Ultrasound went well!!!! Two healthy heartbeats! I thought it was going to be twins because we put in two embryos and had high hcg levels. So excited! I was SOOOOOO nervous before.... It's like a huge weight has been lifted!

I am 7w2d today. One baby measured 7w3d and had 125 heartbeat, the other measured 6w6d and had 143 heartbeat. One more ultrasound next week with my RE then hopefully will be released to my normal OB.

18. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@LaughLines: yay!! Glad everything looked good and you were able to hear heartbeats! And twins, OMG!!

19. Mrs. D

pear / 1852 posts

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy and tired!

Congrats to all everyone! Here's hoping all our babies are sticky!

July Mamas
    4th: oldschooolmama (#1)
    5th: TLL (#4)
    6th: saboma (#2)
    7th: Shantuck (#3) LaughLines (#2 & #3)
    9th: elljay (#2)
    13th: auggiefrog (#2)
    14th: chypmunk (#1)
    16th: Mrs. D (#2)
    17th: LittleGBee (#4)
    18th: ChiCalGoBee (#2)
    19th: LauraBear (#2) pmrlady (#2)
    21st: xInfinity (#3)

Appointments
    Nov.
    16th: LittleGBee
    21st: saboma
    22nd: oldschooolmama
    27th: TLL
    28th: auggiefrog
    Dec
    4th: Mrs. D
    5th: pmrlady
    7th: elljay
    8th: ChiCalGoBee
    12th: chypmunk

20. Mrs. D

pear / 1852 posts

@LaughLines: Congrats!

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Popping in to say congrats, ladies! I was in the Aug. 2016 group, which was a July/Aug. merged group. Can't believe it's already time for the July 2018 due dates! Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy and delivery.

22. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@LaughLines: congrats on twins!!! Glad everything looked good and you got some anxiety relief!

@xinfinity: welcome!!

23. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Just had my first appointment this morning, just with a nurse for the intake. It’s nice to have a medical professional confirm that I am, in fact, pregnant.
    She wasn’t able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler, which isn’t at all surprising since I’m only 7weeks. And she had warned us that would be the case, so I’m not worried, just disappointed. Got scheduled for our first appointment with the midwife in 3 weeks. It’s going to feel like a long wait until we can hear that little heart beating!!

24. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

@elljay- Why are they making you wait until 10 weeks? That is a really long time.

@laughlines That is amazing! Congrats!!! I'm really happy for you

@saboma Three weeks is a really long time I'm sorry.

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@LaughLines: Congratulations on your double rainbow!

26. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Shantuck: Great beta number! I only had two draws early on and I don’t see the doctor for another 2.5 weeks and the wait is SO LONG. Hoping everything is going well for both our babies!

27. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@oldschooolmama: they like to do them at 9wks and my only availability was later in the week, so I’ll be like 9w5d.

28. TLL

pea / 10 posts

So glad everyone's appointments have been going well!

@OLDSCHOOOLMAMA: Good luck today!!

29. oldschooolmama

cherry / 114 posts

@tll- Thank you! We saw our little blob and saw the heartbeat The bad part is because I'm already pretty overweight I can only gain 20lbs max or I'll get kicked out of the birth center My midwife and I agreed I need to do whole 30 pretty much my entire pregnancy + continue to work out with my trainer. It is going to take some discipline since I love carbs.

30. TLL

pea / 10 posts

@oldschooolmama: Glad you saw the heartbeat! You can do it! I am a carb lover too, but having the pregnancy/delivery you want is great motivation. I had gestational diabetes with my last two babies which meant strict diet control and exercise to keep my blood sugar normal. I have NO self control normally, but when I'm pregnant, I'm determined.

31. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

Congrats to all those who got to see their little heartbeats!
    @oldschooolmama: I'm also overweight (ever since my first pregnancy) blah. And this time of year is the worst for dieting with all the holidays

32. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@oldschooolmama: I'm low carb for my PCOS and have been for almost 2 years. It's not fun (esp holidays) but after a while, once i had some go-to meals/snacks it became easier.

They make low carb tortillas, so we make tacos once a week with beans, lentils, fish, or ground beef

I always keep a bowl of nuts on the counter for a quick snack. I buy them from the bulk section of my grocery store, they have good seasoned ones so they're not boring

cauliflower rice is a great option - i buy the frozen bags so you just warm it up in a sauce pan and it's really easy to make. A bag of frozen cauliflower rice and a bag of frozen chinese food (check the label for a low carb one, some have a lot of sugar) is a very quick/easy high protein dinner

we also get premade spinach/feta/turkey burgers from the butcher section of the grocery store - no bun and with broccoli as a side (or whatever veggie you like)

I hard boil 12 eggs at a time and then eat those for breakfast until they're gone. My daughter loves them, too

Once you find some things you like you will feel better about it. I highly recommend meal planning or else you will end up cheating. I plan every sunday for the whole week and include leftovers days. On weeks I forget to plan i do badly, so i try really hard to have a plan.

33. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@LittleGBee: Did you have your follow-up yesterday or is it next Wednesday?

34. cnidaria

cherry / 128 posts

EDD: mid-late July, will have to wait for dating scan to get a more accurate date.

First child? No, this will be #2

Any symptoms? Mostly just really tired all the time.

Who have you told? Just my husband (and midwives)

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited but at the same time a little terrified at the prospect of having two under two.

35. Mrs. D

pear / 1852 posts

Congrats to all everyone! Here's hoping all our babies are sticky!

July Mamas
    4th: oldschooolmama (#1)
    5th: TLL (#4)
    6th: saboma (#2)
    7th: Shantuck (#3) LaughLines (#2 & #3)
    9th: elljay (#2)
    13th: auggiefrog (#2)
    14th: chypmunk (#1)
    16th: Mrs. D (#2)
    17th: LittleGBee (#4)
    18th: ChiCalGoBee (#2)
    19th: LauraBear (#2) pmrlady (#2)
    21st: xInfinity (#3)
    ? cnidaria (#2)

Appointments
    Nov.
    27th: TLL
    28th: auggiefrog
    Dec
    4th: Mrs. D
    5th: pmrlady
    7th: elljay
    8th: ChiCalGoBee
    12th: chypmunk

36. Shantuck

pear / 1767 posts

@cnidaria: We were in the October 2016 due date group together! Glad I’m not the only crazy one who is gearing up for two so close in age. My one year old has gotten so hard in the last month and a half so I’m still freaking out a little about how this is all going to work out.

37. mydreymz

apple seed / 1 posts

EDD: July 27, 2018 according to LMP but may be closer to August 2nd according to probable conception date.

First child? This will be my 2nd. My DS is going to be 4 in December.

Any symptoms? I didn't have any symptoms until I tested positive on Thanksgiving. Light cramping, some upset stomach if I don't eat in a timely manner. But since I'm so early I know more symptoms are going to arrive within the next couple weeks.

Who have you told? Basically most of my family and close friends. We've been trying for 2 1/2 years off and on. Very excited. The only ones we really haven't told is my son and my mother in law. (They've been spending the weekend together) we will wait until Christmas time-ish to tell a couple of family members and our son.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Just anxious, we just bought a house that we are moving into in a couple weeks. Just want to get through the next couple months.

38. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

I have some work travel next week, so my doctor's office let me move my appointment up to tomorrow! I'm super excited not to have to wait another week to see what's going on with this little bean.

@TLL: hope your appt today goes well!

39. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@TLL Hope the appointment went well today! @auggiefrog: Good luck tomorrow!
    @elljay: SO exciting you get to go in tomorrow! I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

I'm at the point in this pregnancy (6.5 weeks) where I had the miscarriage a few months ago so I'm really, really nervous. I know one has nothing to do with the other, but I'd love if time could speed up to my appointment at the end of next week.

Thinking of you all during these early, nerve-wracking weeks!

40. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

these twins are already making themselves known - I'm 8 weeks 2 days and I already have a real bump. I can feel my uterus stretching as i'm typing this, which usually happens a couple times a day for an hour or so. With my daughter I barely had a bump at all at 20weeks at my gender reveal, so this is waaaaaay different. I have my second ultrasound tomorrow which will hopefully be the LAST time i see my RE (great doctor's office, but lots of painful/traumatic memories there). Then I have an appt with my regular ObGyn next week.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee