Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I have been contemplating picking up a pack of FRERs to hopefully only use 1 of whether or not it's positive. I used my last one Friday morning... oops

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: you need another pack! I always thought ICs were more sensitive than frer but I guess things have changed in 3 years or I just never knew that frer are really the most sensitive!

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: don't go pee on everything! You'll know soon enough and somehow the blank test is worse šŸ˜

Eta as for me. I put in a cup at 830 before I went to the gym so af has likely started by now šŸ˜­

4. Becky

persimmon / 1390 posts

@starlitsky: I again joined late on this and got a BFN today (after my BFP I was so confused about) and my AF is due sometime between tomorrow and Thursday so Iā€™m going to follow all your symptom spotting! What I have (aside from what seems like a slight aversion to what I made for lunch and dinner) could be chalked up to anything but then again I had like no symptoms with DD2 until 5 weeks.

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I will only pee on one more thing between now and expected AF.

So how often do you "check?" a cup? When will you know if you have started for sure? Don't leave me! šŸ˜­

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: still just spotting but red now šŸ˜„. Cups are awesome if you haven't used one. So much less hassle than tampons

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MamaBear87: I know - I want to learn about this cup thing too!

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: o no, I'm sorry ā˜¹ļø

I have admitted this to like 5 people in my life, but tampons hurt and freak me out... So I'm not sure that I could do a cup.

9. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Becky: sorry to hear about your bfn but you are welcome to symptom spot with us!

@MamaBear87: Iā€™m sorry about AF what kind of
    cup do you use?

@Sams Mom: Iā€™m not a fan of tampons either but I have to use them on my heavy days šŸ˜«

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@starlitsky: she's not actually here yet. Likely morning though

@yellowbeach: @Sams Mom: @starlitsky: i hate tampons, especially after having a kid. They leak for me, hurt and I was always afraid they would get stuck. Cups are way different. I was super freaked out they would be scary but it was not at all when I finally tried it. Once you find one that fits well they're glorious. Heavy days I empty every 4ish hours just so I don't worry about leaks but I could do 6 easy. Once my flow slows down I can ignore I'm on my period for 12 hours. And best of all I can swim on my period without worrying about leaking or having to run to the bathroom the second we get out of the pool

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Oh I use a merula cup. It's a bit more expensive but lasts at least 5 years and is comfortable for all cervix heights

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: k now we're getting into uncharted territory šŸ˜‹ I don't know the height of my cervix šŸ™ˆ

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: easy to check! Just insert a clean finger and see how far you have to reach. Feels like a nose with a dimple, you'll want to check a few times during your cycle as they move

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I'll just ask my doctor at my next pelvic exam this week

"Hey, while you're in there, can you take a measurement for me?" šŸ¤£

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: it's more accurate to do it yourself a few times. And if you don't want to measure your cervix a cup will be worse šŸ˜‚ you get all up in your business

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: hahaha, yeaaaaaa I've considered it more for post sex than periods... But I might try it out.

And I'll check my own cervix height when it happens, but I'm still going to ask my doctor to take a measurement because it's a fun game we like to play to try to take the other by surprise

17. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: that sounds like great fun! šŸ˜‚

18. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Just jumping back in to say I loooove my cup. Other than the first day of my period, I change it every 12 hours and it's wonderful! I'll never go back to tampons. Also, I swear my cramps are less painful since switching.

19. Lahela017

kiwi / 583 posts

I also love my cup!! I can usually go 12 hours without emptying it. I actually sometimes forget that I'm having my period- which is awesome, when you're out and about. I have a diva cup. I started with it because it was cheaper, but had good reviews, and it worked well for me, so I stuck with it.

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Well, the period cramps have set it, I believe I am out this month as well.

21. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: mine woke me up at 4am with cramps. I'm glad it's finally here. I hate the maybe limbo

22. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm sorry, AF can suck it

this cycle has not been kind to my weight. I've gained 5+ pounds, and it definitely shows. Hopefully it's just bloat, but I just feel like I'm going to have cysts at this months check.

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: @MamaBear87: I'm sorry

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: fingers crossed it's just bloat. I'm totally over it. Today I'm wishing we had just decided to have one

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: thanks ā˜ŗ

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm sorry. I know I have continually questioned whether it would be easier for all of us if we were just done. It sucks when things out of your control seem to be making decisions for you, that you would rather have full control over.

27. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: my husband now thinks that somehow all this "modern" stuff is what's causing us not to conceive and that it didn't exist when people just tried with no idea šŸ˜šŸ˜„šŸ˜ž

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I can see that a little. I wasn't even thinking about OPKs, temp, CM, anything when I got pregnant (not planned either) with my son. I literally relied on a rough cycle count, and my Glow app to tell me my fertile window if I couldn't remember.

Alas, I am too crazy to forget all of it, even if I stop doing any of it.

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: we just had tons of sex and have had at least 5 cycles this go around where we do the same thing so I think he's just crazy šŸ˜

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I feel bad for being sad that some of our best sex recently was last night... and it didn't even count towards babymaking.

I mean good sex is good sex, but yea.

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Tell me I'm an idiot for looking at my test after it dried

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm not going to tell you that - my last pregnancy I had a WOndfo that I only noticed a line on way after the fact. Tested the next day and BOOM ! Holding out hope for you!

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm just tired of getting my hopes over faint lines. or maybe faint lines... I will see if AF shows tomorrow as expected, then take a test Thursday morning if she's a no show.

34. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: fingers crossed for you! The limbo is the worst

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Well here is the sanity buster

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Definitely something there. Tell me this wasn't the last in the pack?

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I only bought a 2 pack yesterday, so I have one more left... and I promised my husband no more tests bought this cycle. (little does he know I have 3 hidden clear blue digitals to confirm positives with)

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Is. That. A. Freaking. Positive.?!?!? *squeals with delight* šŸ˜šŸ¤—šŸ˜„šŸ‘. Tell me it is, Puh-lease!!!! I am SO flipping happy for you if it is!

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it's a dried test with a maybe baby. I want to pee on all the sticks, but I'm going to be good until tomorrow

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Sams Mom: total lurker here but if you are 13 dpo I think it would be a clear +. I've had FRERs that look like that after the time frame and they are always evaps

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee