Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: mine will never leave water in long enough for mosquitoes to move in, I literally have to fill it every time he's out 🀣

Love the names! I had a chocolate lab named Cocoa and my husband had a German Shepherd named Sugar

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @MamaBear87:
    I hope I did not upset by joining the conversation [with my pups], and equally, I hope I didn't offend by joking that the board went by the wayside through the shift in conversation.
    Voice intonation and inflection is impossible on these damn boards and I never can tell if I [unintentionally] offend. If I did, I apologize.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I don't think you would dream of posting what it would take to offend me! 🀣 I was warped when my husband meet me, and being a cop wife has made it worse! 🀣

Your dogs are adorable! Mine is still a semi derpy almost 4 years old lab, and my son is "his human".

I welcome the occasional break from the cycle tracking

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: LOL! πŸ˜‚ Thank you. That made me feel much better ... I try REALLY hard NOT to be offensive. I'm a playfully sarcastic person and, I know, sometimes, things I say (write) can be taken a few ways but, honestly, I'm harmless.

5. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: I love all the pup talk. I have two fur babies! As far as Clomid and weight gain- I did feel super bloated the month I took it and gained 3-5 pounds. I also had no change in diet or exercise. I think it’s water retention mostly.

I’m cycle day 17- unmedicated cycle, and I finally got what seems to be a positive OPK. Do y’all consider this positive or almost positive? I don’t typically ovulate without meds so I’m pretty pumped!

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm just an asshole, but I have learned to temper it 🀣

@Jessiemuller88: I would say you're very close, like if you take one this evening it will be positive most likely.

7. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: thank you! That’s what I was thinking! I’m going out of town tomorrow through Friday, so tonight’s our last shot!

8. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kaohinani: not at all! Love seeing all the fur babies! Our older dog is a staffie/Australia cattle dog mix. She's the ultimate spazz and very much my husband's dog. I'm hoping the puppy will decide I'm her person πŸ˜‚

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thanks for sharing with me that that you also gained a few lbs on Clomid! I began to feel like I was the only one after speaking with my OBGYN's office! Lol.

As for your OPK: That is a close positive or a POSITIVE! (* Some brands only get a faded 1st line which never "quite" matches the second. IDK what brand you are using.) πŸ˜€πŸ‘. You should be stoked!
    Incidentally, I got my POS OPK this morning on CBEA and this afternoon on my LH strips as well! My POAS date moved from the 28th to the 23rd. My 1st OV cycle after my HSG and after 2 Clomid cycles. Very exciting!

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that looks pretty close to me. I'd take another this evening. Fingers crossed for o soon!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Assholes can be fun people. πŸ˜….

@Mamabear87: My cousin has an Australian cattle dog. A beautiful (and smart) dog but I think it's part of the breed to only favor one person. Her pup also favors her husband. Lol. We lucked out with ours. Both Pililani and Luna treat my hubby and I equally (no favorites). Hopefully, your puppy will "choose you." She is absolutely adorable!

12. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Kaohinani: Of course! I know it was the Clomid. I was the most bloated I have ever been the cycle I took it. I’m so excited for you. Fingers crossed this is your month! It looks like we are cycle buddies!

@Mammabear87: thank you! I plan to this evening.

13. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@EmmaNZ: Congratulations!

@skinnycow: Those comments sound very hurtful. We have not told anyone we are TTC, and I doubt anyone expects it. I know my parents think we will stop at two.

@Kaohinani: Those comments sound frustrating. Also, I have not been on clomid, but I sometimes bloat 5 pounds or more right before my period.

@MamaBear87: I have always had a 12 day LP, and it has not prevented me from conceiving. Also your puppy is adorable.

I have a cocker spaniel of unknown age, probably about 5.

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@jessiemuller88: Cycle buddies! Lol. I love it!

@MDF106: They, most definitely, are frustrating... and, sometimes, hurtful. Oh, and I bet your cooker spaniel is a cutie! 🐢

15. EmmaNZ

grape / 86 posts

Such cute puppies! We don't have any pets.... yet.... would love a dog when we've finished growing our family.

16. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

Hi all! I'm new to the board but jumping in here

Cycle Day: 23
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: 6/29 (hopefully)
    POAS Date: 7/12
    Baby #: 2

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Elm5066: 7/12
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Kaohinani: 7/28
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@elm5066: Welcome! How old is LO1? If you don't mind me asking.

19. elm5066

coffee bean / 32 posts

@Sams Mom: She is 22 months old! Yours?

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@elm5066: He is 2y3m

I'm always curious about age gaps in siblings

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Here is a departure from the topic of ttc or POAS (or Clomid ... or Puppies! πŸ˜‰):

Does anyone else here use a cleaning service or maid? My queries:
    (1) What do you do while they clean?
    (2) How much do you tip?
    (3) How often do you employ them?

I ask because today I had a cleaning service come to my home. I'm a bit OCD with my cleaning but, with work, a husband in construction (and the MIL), 2 messy kids, and 2 dogs, I can't keep up to my OWN standards of clean. πŸ™„πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. (* I can almost feel the eye rolls* Lol) Anyway, I haven't dealt with having a service since after the C-section with my daughter (* It was THE BEST GIFT EVER ... besides sleep πŸ˜‚) so I was a bit awkward with them. They were sweet and talked to me as my daughter and I "hung out" in our living room (my son was napping). I offered them drinks and snacks ... isn't that what you do with guests? Or don't you, because you are paying them for a service? πŸ€” IDK! I did. Anyway, they did an AH-MAZING job so I tipped each one ($5 each ... I know it's not much but I wasn't sure how much to give on $150 for 2 hours of service) and I plan on using them again on a monthly basis to help me "catch up."

I just felt like hugest, most awkward dork sitting there, making small talk all while offering everything and anything in my fridge and cabinets! πŸ˜‚ SMH. Oh, well.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Mrs. Sam's Mom, Ma'am - my POAS date has changed from the 28th to the 23rd. I'm now POAS-buddies with Jessiemuller88 and Skinnycow. Lol.

23. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@elm5066: Welcome to the POAS board!

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

July 2018 POAS

Sam's Mom: 7/1
    LBARN: 7/7
    EmmaNZ: 7/8
    MegPie: 7/9
    Elm5066: 7/12
    Milpa: 7/13
    LAZB: 7/16
    Magnolia: 7/16
    SkinnyCow: 7/23
    JessieMuller88: 7/23
    Kaohinani: 7/23
    MDF106: 7/25
    SamsMom: 7/27
    Lahela017: 7/29
    StarLitSky: 7/29
    MamaBear87: 7/30

Best of luck to everyone this month!

LBARN RDHBee EmmaNZ

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you.

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: needy needy

As far as cleaning services I haven't had one but I know people that clean and people that have services come. From what I can tell they kind of move around to stay out of the way of the cleaners, some even run errands while the cleaning service is there. That would freak me out personally, but I'm not big on having new people in my house.

As to tipping and offering snacks and what not, I have no idea on tips but I would at the very least offer drinks.

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Absolutely needy ... when it comes to POAS. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜….

After I offered half of my perishable goods and bevys, T and I sat on the couch with our legs up so they could work around us. 😢 I [also] would feel weird leaving strangers alone in my home as well. (Maybe, with time?πŸ€”) Anyway, with my son napping, I was stuck at home anyway. I wish I had clients today so I could have at least been busy in the gym. Lol. With the tip, I figured SOMETHING is better than nothing. Am I wrong? *shrugs*

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: We have a cleaner and it is the BEST money spent.

(1) What do you do while they clean? We've built a relationship and trust our lady so she comes while we're at work. She used to come at night and we would just hang out on the couch and watch a movie.
    (2) How much do you tip? We don't tip except at Christmas. I have no idea if they expect it!
    (3) How often do you employ them? 1x/week

29. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Thank you for responding! I agree that it is money well spent. When they left, I looked around and felt like a weight had been lifted off of me ... and my house smelled amazing!

30. megpie

coffee bean / 44 posts

Day 2 of spotting which is unusual for me! Usually AF is here by now... I guess I’ll wait to see what tomorrow brings and test tomorrow if I’m still just spotting.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@megpie: F'x for you!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

O my dear Lord! I want to eat all the food! I haven't had the cravings associated with clomid since round 1 & 2

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i want to eat all the food in general and don't have a clomid excuse πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: hahahaha, the hot flashes have rolled in too. Only 4 more days, only 4 more days

35. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

You were right ladies, what a difference a few hours can make! My first positive OPK during a natural cycle!! I wonder if my CP last cycle β€œreset” me...

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that is definitely a possibility! Great looking line, now get to it before you leave town! 😁

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @Mamabear87:
    No want (or need) to eat ALL the food ... BUT I do look like I have a "food baby" with my Clomid pooch going on! 🐷 πŸ˜‚

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: THAT is one strong πŸ’ͺ POSITIVE OPK! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

39. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: I always want to eat... I just asked my DH and DS if they were hungry and DH said, β€œMommy is always hungry...” πŸ˜‚ Sorry about the hot flashes, those are awful.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Just a cute (and informative) webpage -

https://www.pregnology.com/Getting-pregnant/ovulation-calendar.php

I know everyone knows all of this stuff, but it is fun to plug in personal cycle data to view when you are "most fertile," when you should test, etc and then read up on ovum development.
    This site also has other tools/calendars available to peruse. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee