Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2013 LOs - First birthday party

1. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@tlcbaby: no, I don't. I figure R can splash her hands in the water until she figures out how to play with it.

2. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@swedishfish: we definitely love splashing over here.

3. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@rahlyrah: I have a lot to do, too! We are going to pow wow about it tonight and make sure we get everything done in time! I want to get A a wagon, too. I think he would love it!

4. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

We are having his party on the 22, which is 3 days early. It's the only weekend that worked for everyone who wanted to come!

For his actual birthday, we'll probably take him for a nice lunch or dinner, and then somewhere fun! Maybe one of our local amusement parks. We're also having a 1 year photoshoot that following Friday.

We are getting him a Step 2 push car, and possibly a covered wagon because they are awesome for the zoo/amusement parks/etc. Also going to get him a basketball hoop, wooden puzzle and another play ball. My dad bought him a stuffed Daniel Tiger, a Water Table and a Picnic table. I'm sure my IL's will spoil him, too.

5. Trailmix

nectarine / 2152 posts

Our party was today!!! Was sooooo fun (although sorta hectic and a few minor stressors). We had it at a wine bar in our neighborhood that has a beautiful backyard patio that opens into a dining room. The patio was set up with a Bellini/mimosas/etc bar and then everyone sat in the dining room for brunch. Had about 40 people, mix of fam and friends. I barely did any decorations, just printed out their monthly photos and hung them in the patio and had a few balloons around. Sort of wish I'd done a cake but instead did cupcakes for the babies!
    Was a really wonderful day, so much love!
    Here's a photo of us at the start

6. swedishfish

@Trailmix: yay! It sounds like it was a great party! I can't believe you just threw a first birthday party for your LOs. This is nuts!

7. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@Trailmix: that sounds so cool! First June bday party- ish is getting real now

8. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@Trailmix: Love!

9. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

C's birthday party was yesterday! We had so much fun. My friend who made our wedding cake made his cakes. His fav gifts were a water table, a pool, a crawl through tunnel, and a police edition Cozy Coupe (can't post the pic bc it has DH's badge # on it, but it was on IG )

Today, his actual birthday, we went to the zoo early this morning to see a bunch of animal feedings, and we got to feed the sharks and stingrays. The rest of the day we just bummed around, played with his new toys, and snacked on the fruit trays left from the party

10. MoonMoon

pomegranate / 3392 posts

@grizz: awesome! He's having so much fun and I squeed over the mini cake!

11. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Trailmix: Such a cute family!

@grizz: Looks like so much fun! That cake is awesome.

I keep going back and forth on a theme, and I finally settled on a nautical theme since he loves the water! I was going to do a beach theme, but I'm a sucker for boats/anchors/etc.

He's probably going to roll his eyes at me so hard as a teenager, but I really want to get him this sailor outfit for his party, haha! Cute or too much??

http://www.hm.com/us/product/24345?article=24345-A

I may have also purchased him this hat from Etsy...

12. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@grizz: That cake and birthday boy are just so so so cute!

@Pepper: That's an awesome theme! I love the hat.

13. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@tlcbaby: R's party is this week...AHHHH! I still have a lot to do and I just wish I could decorate like now, so I know how everything looks. We will end up with roughly ~20 people, I hope that's the right amount. Oh well.

Her actual birthday is Friday but I have to work. It's the last day of school so I'm actually bringing her with me! It should be an early day (no students) so we're headed home after that because all of our family is getting into town. I hate that we can't do something fun the day of but I can't miss work!

We didn't buy R much, a water table and some clothes, because everyone else got the big stuff. My mom bought the anywhere chair, a KidKraft play kitchen and wooden craft table, and who knows what else. My dad/SM bought a 4 in 1 tricycle. Lets hope everyone else keeps it low key.

@Trailmix: Such a sweet pic!

@grizz: I love all the pics, he is such a handsome boy! Glad everything worked out and you guys enjoyed his 1st birthday.

@Pepper: Jealous!!!! I love the nautical theme. Our wedding was nautical (not like Joe's Crab Shack, but like the Hampton's, ya know?haha) and I kept a bunch of the decorations in hopes to use it for a baby boy's nursery one day! And yeah, that outfit? Adorable!

14. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

So I may have purchased one too many outfits...which one do you like?

15. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Mrs. Taco: So cute and the heart theme is incredibly adorable! I am so inlove with R's invites. I vote for the "My First Birthday" shirt with the ruffled skirt. Too cute!

16. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Mrs. Taco: Oh my goodness, such cute outfits!! I am partial to the colorful "my first birthday" dress, and the chambray heart dress. Sooo cute! You really can't lose with any of those. Maybe she'll need a few outfit changes at the party

17. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I third the colorful "Happy Birthday" dress!

18. swedishfish

@grizz: handsome boy and beautiful cakes!

@Pepper: that hat! I'll have to find a picture of the crown I ordered for R.

@Mrs. Taco: I love both outfits on the right side in the pictures. Either one will go really well with your theme.

19. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

I am working hard on DD's birthday which happens to be a joint one with her big brother. Its this coming Saturday and its a hot air balloon theme.

I made the balloons mobile thingy and will be hanging them from the ceiling by the dessert table

I also crocheted those little friends to put in bags tied with a balloon. Inside will be bubbles too

I am going to be hanging paper lanterns with little Chinese take out boxes from the ceiling to look like hot air balloons and I made clouds out of felt to hang with them

Tomorrow I still need to finish cleaning everywhere and start baking some goodies.

20. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: What a CUTE theme! And I adore the little crocheted animals you made. You are so talented! I can't wait to see the whole party

21. Pepper

pomelo / 5820 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: Wow, you are amazingly talented!! Great work!

22. Kimberlybee

grapefruit / 4997 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: Those animals are the cutest! Great job!! What a fun theme.

23. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: OMG. Those must have taken you forever! They are seriously adorable. Did you buy the patterns?

@Pepper: I love that hat! E's room will eventually have a nautical theme.

@grizz: C definitely loved that cake! Is he loving the water table? We got one for E, but it has been too chilly outside to use it lately.

We had E's first birthday party (NOT in NYC, if you read that crazy thread) and it was a blast. No themes, no invites, and it was wonderful.

He did not like the cake though! (It was a yummy lemon cake with orange-zest flavored cream cheese frosting.) I thought he would love it for all that he loves lemons, but he brushed a total of two crumbs on his tongue and that was it. DH and I ended up eating his entire birthday cake trying to "demonstrate" how it was done. How is that for a parenting fail? lol!

(The commitment of eating a whole birthday cake is just too much, mama)

24. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

We just had A's party this past weekend! She was very dainty with her cake but loved it! Can't believe she is already one!!

25. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: Ok I came here to lurk and see cute first bday pics but I have to comment on your little animals are SO CUTE. I thought you bought them til I read your comment. Great work!!

Beautiful babies and parties ladies! Happy birthday babies!

26. Mrs. Chocolate

@grizz: @Pepper: @Kimberlybee: Thank you! I hope it turns out as well as I had imagined

@Espion: It took me about a week and a half. I crocheted like mad at night after the kids went to bed. And yes I bought the pattern, Did you want the link?

@googly-eyes: Aww thank you!

27. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: You are so talented!!!!!

@Espion: R barely touched her cake either. Honestly, it was really hard...it had to be milk, egg, soy, and wheat free so I shouldn't have had such high expectations! haha That pic is SO sweet!

@GreenThumb: Adorable! Love the chalk board

For those of you that missed it, I posted a separate thread for the party http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/my-baby-girls-heartfelt-1st-birthday-party/page/2#post-1690816 ....(insert embarrassed face for making my own thread about her party! )

28. Boheme

papaya / 10473 posts

@Espion: He LOVES the water table! E is so adorable. How funny that you guys had to eat his cake for him!

@GreenThumb: So cute! She looks like she had such a good time. That smash cake is adorable!

29. Mrs. Chocolate

Here is my blog post about the party if anyone is interested

http://www.hellobee.com/2014/06/20/drake-juliets-hot-air-balloon-party/

30. swedishfish

@Mrs. Chocolate: beautiful party! I cannot believe you crocheted all of those animals. Amazing!

@Espion: E looks pensive like the weight of the world is on his shoulders now that he's 1. Or that he can't believe mom and dad ate his cake when he was just saving it till later.

@GreenThumb: happy girl! Love the smash cake! Did you buy special pans to make a smaller cake?

@Pepper: was C's party this weekend?? How did it go?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee