Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: yay!!!! a ton of great news today!!

2. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yay! That sounds like an awesome beta result!

@dc yoga bee: Oh my gosh! I'm sure your boobs are delicious, but geez, how about a filter?! That's hilarious! The doctor told me I had a "beautiful uterus" during the exam the other day and it totally made me laugh. What random comments!

@cascademom: yeah, when the doctor had me lie down to feel my belly, she was like, "Oh, such a nice flat stomach... you can kiss that goodbye! lol! She said, "Just be prepared, when you are 3 months, you are going to look 5, when you are 5, you are going to look 7... it's not fair, it's just the way it is...everything is stretched out." I'm pretty much expecting that to be the case. I do think the bloat has settled down for me a little, but I am sure a bump will follow soon.

3. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Whoa, I guess that's what second timers look like. It's good to know. It looks like I'll definitely be revealing the pregnancy at work by 12 weeks.

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So I need everyone's opinion. My work lately has been having a turnover in employees, more for reasons that the employees are going back to school for more education. Anywho, there are likely to be more people next year leaving for the same reasons and my boss is individually scheduling meeting with us to discuss our future plans. He's doing this so he can figure out staffing needs. He is aware of my past fertility struggles (since I have taken time off) and I am wondering if I should be upfront and let them know I will need time off next summer for the baby, even though it's earlier than I wanted to tell them?

5. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: What is your relationship like with your boss? Since he already seems to know you've been trying if he is aware of your fertility struggles, I'd probably go ahead and tell him. Maybe let him know that you'd like to keep it quiet from the rest of the office for a while longer but that you wanted to let him know since he is making staffing plans based on upcoming availability.

6. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: Also, is there any chance that him knowing you are pregnant could affect your job security in any way? I know it's not legally supposed to, but I think it can be difficult to prove if an employer provides other reasons. If you trust that your job is secure (and there's no chance he could move you to another position that you wouldn't like), I would go ahead and tell him, but ask him to keep it quiet.

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I have a good relationship with my boss. I mean we don't grab drinks together after work or anything, but we have a fairly friendly professional relationship.

@78h2o: I am definitely not concerned about job security. They are very accommodating to employees that take maternity leave, often granting more time than the standard allowed.

Thanks for the input!

8. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

EDD: 6/24/15 (according to FF)

How far along: 5w today

First child? Yes! Besides our furbaby

First doctor appointment: 11/12

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, nausea (just started), funky appetite

Who have you told? Just DH so far! I want to wait until the first u/s to tell our parents. Plus, my SIL has a big mouth & ruined our first house announcement! Waiting is hard though! I may cave & tell my mom soon. I'm kind of still in shock

Eta: I've had a horrible cold for about a month, which is finally slowly getting better. I'm thinking that could be a symptom, too? I've heard of colds being a sign but you ladies are the pros. A coworker mentioned my cold & asked if I was pregnant!

9. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@78H2O and @Jess1483: Thanks for the well wishes and thinking of me!

Sadly, I started spotting this morning, and by lunchtime it looked like the start of a period. No red blood yet, but I typically have very light, brown periods with no cramps, and that is essentially what's happening. I went to the doctor and the vaginal US showed no growth. The obgyn (different one this time) was not optimistic. They did the 2nd HCG draw today and I should get the results tomorrow - they don't seem to focus on the number, just the doubling. I also had to get the rhogam shot.

Again, thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'll update tomorrow with the HCG results, but I'm pretty sure it's done.

10. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am so, so sorry. I experienced a m/c in August and it was so hard. Please feel free to wall/PM me if you need support.

11. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MrsKMM: My first pregnancy and my m/c I got a cold right when I got pregnant, although not with this one. Definitely can be a symptom!

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @MrsKMM: How did you both end up here with such similar user names?!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@DesertDreams88: ((hugs)) I hope you're wrong but either way I'm thinking of you

14. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am so sorry Thinking of you. @MrsKMM: I also had cold symptoms right when I got my BFP and a few days after.

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@DesertDreams88: Really sorry to hear that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@DesertDreams88: Oh no I'm so sorry! I'm hoping for the best for you! Keep us updated

17. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you and hoping for the best!

@LindsayInNY: We're just going to confuse everyone with our similar names!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@DesertDreams88: I am so sorry. I'm glad you were given the shot. I hope that the lab results tomorrow will give you answers either way...at least for me, feeling in limbo was the hardest. Please feel free to wall me as well.

@MrsKMM: Congratulations!

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@DesertDreams88: Hugs. I hope that everything's okay. Thinking sticky thoughts and prayers.

@MrsKMM: Congrats! With my first LO and this one (still haven't seen him/her on ultrasound yet), I had a cold leading up to a BFP.

20. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@DesertDreams88: thinking of you

21. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I am feeling huge today. I put on a million things this morning and nothing was working. Plus the maternity pants I bought last week are too small in the legs. (Hopefully they shrunk in the wash).

Then I got to work and my boss asked me if I was still working out regularly. Not a big deal except it's the exact same question he asked when my ass blew up with LO1 at 6 weeks.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Corduroy: How rude!! I can't believe your boss asked you that!??!?!

23. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Corduroy: That is such a rude question! Especially coming from your boss! I totally feel you on the "feeling huge" thing though. So much bloat. If I'm going to feel huge, I at least want a cute baby bump!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: Is your boss male or female? Not that it makes it any less offensive. But, if male, I was thinking he's just clueless?? Oy. I'm sure your ass has blown up quite nicely!!

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: Guys are just really clueless sometimes. I am equally feeling you on the large front today. I am having a wicked craving for vegetable lo mein and I am thinking that is not such a good idea given how large I feel today.

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: umm, that sounds awesome.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Baby's got taste. haha.

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Corduroy: just told my big boss. She said I told her I was losing weight, but she already knew weeks ago I was pregnant because I'm getting big! Then another attorney said I've been wearing baggy shirts to hide it and they can still tell from the side! Well the cats out of the bag now I guess.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: OMG really?! I can't believe it's that noticeable on you!! Should be interesting to see how it plays out for me...

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: oh wow!!! I'm thinking about telling people at work today or tomorrow! We told DH's family last night (and it went awesome!!) and we will tell my family this weekend.

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Isn't telling family so much fun?!? When we told our parents, both of our moms started crying because they were so excited and happy!

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: yeah! I should take a picture of my outfit when I get home. Since I'm clearly not trying to hide it I wonder if I can start wearing belts to accentuate it now lol. On my way out two of my admin rubbed my belly and said my stomach is high, round, and pointy so they're sure its a boy. Well, that settles it. Lol. Belly touching at 8 weeks oh my. And in a large DC law firm at that!

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: take a picture!!

34. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Haha @lindsayinny I'm not sure! I didn't know there was already a mrs kmm when I joined, whoops! I've been trying to think of a new name but I have no idea what to use, and would hope no one else had that name either lol

35. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@mrs.kmm: when are you due/how far along are you? I'm trying hard to wait until the 1st u/s to tell parents - I'm so nervous with this being our first pregnancy and we're being cautiously excited. I keep catching myself thinking of fun ways to share the news though!

36. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

And thank you, @78h2o & @cascademom! @hilsy85 & @jess1483, glad I'm not the only one that had a cold. Still quite stuffy, but the past 3-4 weeks were obnoxious. My immune system isn't the greatest, so I'm not quite sure if it's actually related. @desertdreams88:

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsKMM: I'm ~6.5 weeks now but we told our parents/siblings when we were 5 weeks. I know that if something happens with the pregnancy, I would want and need their support in addition to my DH's so we had no concerns with telling them early. They all can keep a secret too!

38. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So despite being just 6.5 weeks, I'm already finding that tennis clothes aren't going to hide this pregnancy very well. That along with the fact that I am no longer partaking in the post-match beer with everyone else means that I have a feeling that some of my teammates are going to figure it out long before we announce.

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I am right there with you. Not partaking in drinking fun with friends, coupled with my doctor really limiting my workouts, I have some friends who I think are figuring it out.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I'm with both of you but on the drinking! It's so hard to hide NOT drinking and coming up with excuses!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee