Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: hehe, I'm glad they're comfortable! I bought maternity pants at 6 weeks, I couldn't get past having that open v lol.

I've been super busy with work, so I need to catch up! We're upgrading into a two bedroom today, so I'll be back later! Hope everyone is having a great day.

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Isn't it the best?! I'm pregnant with my first too, so I wanted to hold off on maternity clothes for a little longer also, because I feel silly wearing them already!! I don't know why though....I will probably make the big switch though in the next week or so.

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I checked Target last night and they only had one beige colored band! I feel like that's a super obvious color so I'm just going to wait until I end up needing one.

4. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yeah - I had the same problem. I just went ahead and bought beige. I'll have to make sure I wear long enough shirts with it that it doesn't show.

5. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I didn't wear maternity clothes until nearly 20 weeks (including a belly band) with my first. I'm in no rush to get back into them! I'm 6.5 weeks and only rarely unbuttoning my pants at the end of the day (I have a tiny pooch, but not enough to make a difference). I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'd rather stay in my normal clothes as long as possible.

6. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Jess1483: Lucky! I can't zip/button any of my pants so the belly band isn't really a rush to get into maternity wear - it is a necessity! I can't wear leggings and yoga pants every day (I wish I could though!)

7. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I am jealous! I was definitely in maternity pants by 10-12 weeks last time. 20 weeks?! I was huge at that point! NO WAY could I have fit in my regular clothes!

Here are some pics from my last pregnancy (J):
    7 weeks - I already had a tiny bit of a bloat bump, but not too bad.

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Oh, I think everyone changes/shows at different times. And you definitely have to do what makes you comfortable. I'm just hoping I can hold out until at least 12 weeks, even though this is my third pregnancy...

I have a pretty long torso, so it took a long time for me to look pregnant last time.

9. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: I'm going back through photos, and I want to say maybe it was closer to 17 or 18 weeks--I definitely looked pregnant at 20. But we didn't announce until we knew the gender at 20, so I was still actively hiding it at that point.

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Jess1483: I just looked at my belly book and posted some photos above. I think I look right now at 9 weeks about how I did at 14 weeks last time... yikes!

11. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

EDD: June 23rd

How far along: 6 weeks 1 day

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: This morning and we saw the heartbeat!

Any symptoms so far? Just feeling sea sick at times

Who have you told? DH, my parents and parents-in-laws

I have been so hesitant to join but this seems like such a great group! First pregnancy and so far so good. I went to the doctor last week thinking I was 6-7 weeks but measured at only 5. We had our repeat US this morning and had a heartbeat and measured at 6 weeks and a day so I must have just ovulated late (we were NTNP)! I know we have a lot more to go through but so very excited and hopeful!

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@rpparker: Congrats and welcome to our little group!

13. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: Congratulations on your appointment! Also welcome! I think we are a neat little group.

14. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @Jess1483: I'm noticing it now that I definitely look closer to 12 weeks when I'm only 9 weeks plus right now. Everyone in the office keeps looking at my stomach. I'm not necessarily hiding it either because it's not their business. I'll tell my boss in a couple of weeks after our next appointment. It's bad. I'm still shopping for regular clothes to stock up on them for next winter or hold me out as long as I can before being in full maternity clothes.

15. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@rpparker, welcome and congrats! I'm only a day behind you (6w, edd 6/24)!

16. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Did anyone feel like they looked bigger at 6w? It freaks me out that I pretty much look the same...

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsKMM: I wouldn't freak out so much. I have days where the bloat is really intense and I feel bigger, other days I feel like I am the same. I am at 7w2d. I think first time around it should take a while to notice a difference.

18. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Ok, phew. I had one day last week that I felt bloated, but it went away. With all the talk of belly bands (although most of you are further than I am) I was starting to worry a little. Some days I feel bigger, but then I check in a mirror and I don't look bigger. So weird.

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsKMM: First time around, it's usually bloat that comes and goes. As a second timer, your muscles just figure it out and bump early. I still look like I eat a lot of donuts. That's not entirely untrue because donuts are the most delicious nausea buster ever!

20. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Lol! @cascademom thanks

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsKMM: The only reason I have considered belly bands is because I have a couple skinny leggings that are fairly tight, and adding in the bloat, it can get uncomfortable pretty quick. My work pants and other jeans I have still fit me fine.

22. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Ugh, the perinatal center just called and moved my genetic testing from the 4th to the 11th. Not a big deal, but was hoping for some peace of mind (and gender results!) earlier rather than later. Oh well.

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: that's annoying. I hate waiting longer than I really need to.

24. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: Out of curiosity - why are you guys doing genetic testing? Just for peace of mind of do you have some things that run in your family?

25. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Ugh, I just got a call from my OB. I have a UTI. At least it's not the other culprits BV and a yeast infection. I just bought a probiotic too. I have do an antibiotic for a week now.

26. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I'm doing it because it's mandatory. I'll be 35 years old when I deliver, so advanced maternal age. I was fully prepared for it when she mentioned the testing during my appointment consult. My DH and I talked about it the night before as being on board with it.

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: My next appt is going to be on the 11th as well!

@Mrs.KMM: I am opting out of the 1st trimester screening, but that's because I'm 26 and very low risk. If I was at higher risk I would have probably gone through with them.

28. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Mrs.KMM: only because I will be 37 at delivery. It's the Verifi test, so it doesn't check for all that much, just trisomies on chromosomes 13, 18, 21, and some gender specific genetic disorder (i.e., fragile X). I used to work at a children's rehabilitation hospital that specialized in working with children with developmental delays/genetic disorders, so it is something I think about a lot.

@Eko: yeah, it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things...was just looking forward to having more info. earlier than later since it's getting harder and harder to hide the fact that I am pregnant!

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Ugh, I'm sorry! Do you have any symptoms? if not, at least it was caught before it caused you any pain. Fun times!

30. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: and @78h2o: Ahh - that makes sense!

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Ugh - UTIs are no fun!

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Hopefully your UTI goes away fast!!

33. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @Mrs.KMM: @MrsBrewer: I didn't have any symptoms. I drink a ton of water and am always peeing. I think it's because of the thong issue which is being resolved with new underwear. I tend to get infections while pregnant, so the probiotics and new underwear should help. It wasn't all that surprising since my first appointment with LO, I had a yeast infection.

34. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Embrace the panty lines!

35. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: haha, I might have to! I spent a good portion of the summer revamping my wardrobe with weight loss. I have awesome pants now. Just those stupid panty line issues.

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Omg yall my feet are swollen! I went on a 2mi walk at lunch, and was wearing flats but now I can barely walk they're so swollen

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: I hope you feel better soon!

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Well you might not be able to fit into those pants for much longer anyways, you can save those awesome pants for after LO#2 is here Then you can go back to your no panty lines!

39. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh, Lord, already?! I had the worst swelling last time. I am SO not looking forward to it. Sorry!!!!!

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: I wonder if I'm not drinking enough water when I walk.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee