Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: @78h2o: Yeah for the reschedule! I'm another October wedding anniversary. Our 5th wedding anniversary is on October 10th.

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: No way!!! DD month twins, and anniversary twins!!

3. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: It will be 3 years for us as well.

4. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Who are you ladies having your 1st appt with? My OB practice has a mix of OB's, Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners. My 1st appt will be with a midwife. I'm really interested to see how this goes. I've attended my friend's home birth with a midwife before and it was amazing! Something that I would definitely want. DH would never be on board with a home birth, and the midwives at my practice are all working at the hospital I would deliver at. So I feel this might be the best of both worlds!

5. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: The practice I go to is similar, with mostly ObGYns and one MW. Unfortunately the MW is one of my least favorites of the group. Not because she's a MW, just personality wise. She isn't allowed to do deliveries though anyway ...midwives can't do them in my state. On the 20th, I am seeing an older female OB from the practice...I know her from before and she is very nice, so I am excited. I guess DH doesn't want to miss work to go to the appointment, so I will be going by myself. If I waited two more weeks, until he had the day off, he could go, but I don't want to wait that long!

I hope you like the midwife you see!!! I agree that could be the best of both worlds. I think a homebirth would be really cool, but I am too chicken. I like the idea of a natural birth in a hospital better, so that you have assistance close by if there's an emergency. My husband would never go for a homebirth either and I don't they are allowed in my state anyway.

6. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: Yea I totally think I would chicken out with a homebirth. I too like knowing that I would be in a hospital in case anything happened for sure!

7. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I'll be seeing my regular OB until a certain point. Then, I rotate around with the other doctors in case they're on call when I deliver.

The higher tech ultrasounds are in the midwife practice adjacent to the OB's office. I had a friend deliver with the midwife practice connected to my OB's office. When I had LO, there was a midwife who was part of the hospital staff that did an ultrasound during labor.

I like how our practice has things set up. I ended up liking a couple of the doctors who aren't my regular OB. One reminded me of my previous OB while the other was just a nice lady. The doctor who I had trouble with during our appointment together ended up being my labor doctor. He was actually upset to leave when his shift ended because I hadn't delivered yet. My LO was born during a shift change with the attending doctor.

8. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: did you like him better during your labor? I was fortunate to get one of my favorite docs for my labor. Luckily, there is only one that I dislike and at the time, she was not doing deliveries. I hope that is still the case or I swear to you, I will cross my legs and wait for a shift change.

9. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: We actually got along really well during labor. My appointment with him was weird because a woman was having a medical emergency or scare during my appointment time, so I waited and waited to see him. After I finally did, he was a little too sarcastic for my liking and kind of joked about my swelling of my feet.

During labor though, he was a rock star. He was pleased with my progression, etc. LO just wasn't ready to make his arrival until shift change, so they were prepping the bed when he was clocking out. I remember him saying something about hopefully LO would be ready an hour earlier than he was.

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Glad you ended up having a good experience with him! My feet were super swollen too, it sucks!

I'm waiting for the nurse to call with my first beta result... they said Wed afternoon, so hopefully they'll call soon. I'm trying to drink more water in case that is why I'm cramping so much. I'm really nauseous today, which is both sucky and reassuring.

11. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I was nauseous a lot yesterday. Today's it's not so bad. I just ate, so I now I want to nap.

12. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Beta was 251 (15DPO, I think), which seems fine. They were going to have me go Friday, but they are sending me tomorrow instead. That makes me happy (since I'll get the results Friday instead of Monday).

I wish I had been temping so that I would have a better idea of when I O'd. When do you think, looking at this chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2014-09-12&mode=a&ts=1411585851&u=3723421 I had a positive OPK on the 7th, but on the 8th it was still pretty dark, though not quite positive (I was using a cheap non-digital kind). I still had EWCM on the 9th. In the past, when using CBE digital and temping, I usually had a surge that lasted two days (two days of + OPKs) and would O the day after the 2nd positive test... So, based on that, I am thinking my O date was the 8th or 9th, which would put at me at 15/14 DPO. Or do you think I could have O'd on the day I got the first positive? Do you think it might happen differently than for other cycles. Sorry... I know I am totally overanalyzing!!!

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I wish I could read charts better, but I have no idea!!! Hopefully when you get your next betas in, they will be nice and high for no need to worry! You'll have to let us know!

Is anyone else having pretty bad cramps? I woke up at 2:30 last night from cramps. I'm not bleeding or spotting or anything, they just feel like bad period cramps. Everything I've read only sounds like this is normal, but it's still freaking me out!

14. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been having cramps since my BFP. It's totally normal as long as there's no bleeding. It's best to stay hydrated. Hydration usually helps with cramps. I had to pop some Tylenol a couple days this week. I've been having back pain early. I've already started using my leg pillow, so I don't wake up in pain. I'm still nauseous at random times. I swear I'm more nauseous this time around earlier than last time.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Good to hear that I'm not the only one with cramps. Yep, no bleeding at all here at least.

I've been trying to drink 80+oz of water a day! I am peeing all.the.time!

What is this leg pillow??

16. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: It looks like this. http://www.amazon.com/Contour-Original-Leg-Pillow-Ecru/dp/B007S2ASUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411665215&sr=8-2&keywords=contoured+leg+pillow

I found that it helps with back pain during bed and leg cramps during pregnancy.

17. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Yes, I've been having cramps. Some nights they keep me awake and are quite painful, worse than the menstrual cramps I usually get (though I don't get them very badly). The cramps combined with the spotting was what led me to request betas. I did have cramping with DD though, I just can't remember if they were as strong. However, I've been making a real effort to drink more water and I really think that has helped. I didn't have them last night. I haven't had any spotting recently either, so hopefully everything is ok.

I looked at my Belly Book from last time and I had noted both cramps and nausea at 4-4.5 weeks... so looks like I'm following the same pattern.

My LO threw up last night and cleaning it up in the middle of the night, while feeling nauseous myself, was a little rough! I survived though!

I took a 1/2 unisom and B6 last night...I still feel nauseous today but better than yesterday. I also got a bag of lemon Jolly Ranchers and they are helping as well.

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I am wearing a dress today and it is so much more comfortable than the pants I was wearing yesterday. I am so bloated! I've decided I am only wearing dresses and skirts with elastic waist bands until I move on to maternity clothes.

I loaned all my maternity clothes to a friend who is due in January... I did not expect to be pregnant so soon. I want to wait until the 2nd tri before telling her and awkwardly asking for them back. If I can wait until Jan, that would be great, but I know I will need maternity clothes before then. My sister is coming to visit in October and will bring me some of her maternity... hopefully they will be enough until I can get mine back.

19. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Where do you think the back pain is coming from? I assume you had it last time around?

Just curious, how old are you both? @cascademom @MrsBrewer? I am 36 and will be 36 or 37 at delivery (my bday is 5/26)... so AMA this time around. I'm curious what additional monitoring/testing, if any, they will need to do?

20. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Last time, my back pain came from my sciatic nerve. This time, I'm not totally sure where it's coming from. I lift LO a bit, but try to keep him above my hips and belly when I do. I think I also read that it's normal to have pain when your body is stretching and readjusting to a growing uterus. I have a month until my appointment, but I'll address it then.

I'm 34, turning 35 before delivery. I don't know if they'll have me be AMA or not under those conditions. I'll have to see what they decide on that. Despite the infections last time, my pregnancy/labor/delivery was pretty straightforward. So, I'll have to see.

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: I've heard they go by your age at delivery, so probably you would be AMA... though I'm sure it could depend on the doctor. That sucks about the back pain... I'm sorry My sister herniated a disk and has terrible sciatic pain.

I really had no issues last time around. My labor was looong, 34 hours, and she came out with her hand on her head (compound birth), but other than that, no problems. My feet swelled a ton, but my bp was fine.

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: The only time I've had back pain has been pregnancy, so it's not a surprise for me. It's how early it that gets me. The baby's the size of a poppy seed, but everything else is expanding fast.

Good to know that they go by age at delivery. I didn't know that. My labor was 14 hours. I started labor during the day at work. It didn't get noticeable until I left work and couldn't get comfortable around 7pm. By 11pm, we were headed to the hospital. I had LO the next morning. I know that I got lucky with my labor compared to some friends of ours. We'll see what this little one does then.

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: sorry I was busy at work today! I'm 26 and this is my 1st LO. Sorry I'm no help with AMA.

24. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I recently bought more maternity clothes since most of mine are summer stuff. For my last pregnancy, I could still wear most of my clothes until spring. Right now, I swear that I look pregnant at 4 weeks which feels way too early for that. I picked up some sweaters and long sleeve t-shirts to get me through the winter.

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: yeah, the bloat is baaad this time around! I showed early last time, so I think it is going to be a struggle to hide this time around.

I got my beta back and it was 563, so a doubling time of 36.9 hrs, which is good! The OB who delivered Julia called me and we had a nice chat. He said that if I had more spotting, it would be reasonable to come in 6-7 weeks for an ultrasound, if I was nervous. I haven't had any more spotting, so I'll probably leave my appointment as it, but it's nice to know I have that option.

26. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: Yep, the bloat is bad here. It feels like rounded bloat instead, you're just bloaty no matter what you do. I've been looking at images of second pregnancies. It looked like popping early is going to happen for sure. With LO, I didn't pop until at least 15-18 weeks. By 13 weeks, people were suspicious of pregnancy. I have a feeling that it's going to be noticeable sooner.

Glad that you got the early ultrasound offer in case of spotting. I hate spotting in pregnancy. It makes me so anxious.

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Ah, can't believe I'm dipping my toe in! Blood test confirmed pregnancy this morning (although progesterone is just over the minimum) so I'm cautiously joining, and praying this bean sticks.

EDD: June 5,2015! Five days before my birthday! I've always been obsessed with being a Gemini, and love the month June, so this makes me so very happy.

How far along: 4 weeks today! Just found out last night.

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: the RE confirmed pregnancy this morning, second beta on Monday, sonogram the week of October 14th.

Any symptoms so far? Starting to feel tired, slight cramps, gassy, and when I normally can push lunch out and keep working I now get a terrible headache.

Who have you told? Just the bee! I haven't even told DH yet. I'm surprising him with the news in 2 hrs!

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yay!! Welcome!!

@cascademom: @78h2o: I am soooo bloated too. Everyday when I get home from work, I immediately put on my sweat pants! My work pants (I'm an accountant in an office) are getting really tight....In your previous pregnancy, did the bloat subside before your bump?

29. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yep, the bloat subsided, then the bump took over around 14-15 weeks for me. I forgot how bloaty I was last time. I'm definitely bloating right now.

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: I'm excited for this bloat to go down! I really want a bump, but at this point I just don't want to feel like I swallowed a pillow. LOL

31. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: The bloat's no fun. The bump is definitely fun once it starts showing.

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So how is everyone in regards to their current weight?

For me, I'm definitely not at my ideal weight, in fact I'm at the heaviest I've ever been unfortunately I'm probably about 40-50 lbs overweight. When I have my first appt I'm planning on talking specifically about weight, and what's expected.

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

I had recently lost 15lbs in the past 1.5months (which I think also helped with ovulation). I still wasn't at my ideal weight. The doctor hasn't said anything about it at all so far. She told me to watch the empty calories, and go for fruits and vegetables, but if I can only stomach a fried chicken sandwich so be it in the first trimester lol. I think I'll feel better once I get second betas on Monday!

34. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: I think I had the start of a a real bump by 11 or 12 weeks. I wore maternity pants to work starting at about 10 weeks, just because they were so much more comfortable. I started with maternity tops at 13 weeks... earlier than most. My sister got me the "Belly Book" and I took pics every week and filled it out... it's nice to be able to have that info now! I bought another one for this pregnancy so each baby can have one. I'm too nervous to write in it just yet though!

My BMI is 24...so technically healthy, but near the top of the healthy range. I am about 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight, but at about the same weight as I was when I got pregnant last time. I think they suggested I gain about 25-30 lbs, but I ended up gaining 50. None of my doctors said a word about it. I think a lot of it was water weight, as I had a TON of swelling, but I am going to try really hard not to gain as much this time!!! Last time they had me not exercise during the first tri, since I had spotting that freaked me out, and I'd just had a miscarriage. But I never really got back in the groove during the 2nd tri... I did swim once a week, but I didn't do much else. This time I am trying to take a long walk everyday and I'm going to try to get back to swimming, yoga, and maybe some classes. I also need to be careful about my diet. I am already really nauseous and a lot of things do not sound appetizing. Last time around, the only thing I wanted was carbs... like bagels and chips.

@dc yoga bee: Congratulations again! Can't wait to hear how it goes telling your husband.

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

The reveal went well! I bought books, a onesie that says "I Love Daddy," and the pregnancy test, with a card all laid out on the coffee table. I led DH to the couch with his eyes closed, and had him open his eyes. He said, "what is all this-wait-YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!" It was priceless! Then he said, "wait, that's 5 days before your birthday!!"He has been so funny and sweet asking me if I need anything, and not heavy lifting. Now we just pray everything turns out okay. We're so excited!

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

So happy to be here!

EDD: June 9th

How far along: 3w6d

First child? Nope, I have a 23month old DS

First doctor appointment: Haven't even called my doctor yet, will today today...I imagine sometime the first week of November.

Any symptoms so far? none! Except having to get up to pee in the MOTN, which started the day I got my BFP, lol.

Who have you told? DH and HB! We may wait til after our first appt to tell family and friends. I am much more relaxed about telling people this time around--I figure if something bad happens, I would want support from people anyway.

@MrsBrewer: I am about where I was when I got pregnant with DS, except much less toned! I gained 32lbs with him and was happy with that, so I will try to do the same...I stayed really active with him, but I don't know how that will be possible now as a SAHM; I have no childcare to go to the gym or anything. We do walk a lot, and maybe I will get some prenatal workout DVDs or something.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Awwwww how cute!! I love it!!

@hilsy85: Yay!! Welcome and congrats!!

38. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@hilsy85: Congrats!!!

39. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: aww, his reaction sounds like it was worth the wait! So sweet how he is already looking after you!

@hilsy85: Eeek! So exciting to see you here! Congrats!

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Whoops. Yesterday, I did a hit of Flonase because I woke up with a painful sinus. I forgot about this pregnancy symptom. I'm stupidly reading Babycenter where they're saying that it's OMG bad to use in pregnancy. Eek! I'm hoping that my one time use didn't do anything bad. I may write my OB to be sure.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee