Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: I don't think it's that bad, but write your OB if it will make you feel better! My sister had really bad congestion during pregnancy. I think she tried to use saline, but I think eventually resorted to Rhinocort (rx) and Afrin (used sparingly)... Oh actually, now I remember her diluting the Afrin in saline 1:3 or something.

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Oh no! I'm soooo clueless about the no-no's of pregnancy! I probably would have done the same thing! I'm sure everything will be just fine though. Let us know what the Dr. says if you ask him/her about it.

Call me crazy, but I have been having tons of dreams practically every night about having twins. I think it's always on the back of my mind because they run in my family, along with me taking Clomid this cycle and getting pregnant! DH keeps on telling me I'm nuts and that I only have 1 cooking in there hahaha. I'm just going to blame it on the crazy pregnancy dreams!

3. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: @MrsBrewer: I did a quick email to my OB/her awesome assistant. It's okay to use. I totally forgot about the congestion that I got with pregnancy. It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. We had a nice outside dinner with my parents. I felt so drunk and lightheaded for someone not drinking. I'm glad to know that it's safe to use for pregnancy. Babycenter is still evil.

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

@MrsBrewer: omg twins would be so crazy! You'll find out soon enough, right?

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hilsy85: Yes, twins would be super crazy! Although I've seen first hand that it's very doable! (my little brother and sister are twins)

6. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@hilsy85: I missed this! Congrats!!!!!

7. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@hilsy85: wow! Congratulations doll!

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@hellobeeboston: @MrsMccarthy: thanks ladies

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@hilsy85: congrats and welcome!!!!

Second beta went well, and progesterone went up enough that I don't need suppositories, although she did give me some samples. I left a message requesting the exact number.

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: that's great news! I had to bug them for my specific numbers too...I wish doctors/nurses would just give us all the info.

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: now I'm allowing myself to feel a little more excited!! I have very little symptoms so far!

12. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@dc yoga bee: that's great! I also have no symptoms at all, but also didn't with my first LO.

13. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hilsy85: @dc yoga bee: I am jealous of you no-symptom folks! I am soooo sleepy, even with going to bed at 9pm every night! Also, I'm taking B6/unisom and I feel like it's really helping, but the nausea is still always there. Ack!

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been having crazy dreams every night, but no twin dreams! Wouldn't that be something?! It sounds like you have a chance with your family history and clomid. Would you like twins or not? I personally would LOVE twins, though it would be quite a challenge, esp. for our household. That is probably the only way I would get to have 3 kids though. I used to nanny for twin infant boys and it was tough at times, but I loved it.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I definitely do have the possibility, but I'm not sure how I would feel about twins! Granted, if I were pregnant with twins right now, I would be very excited and feel blessed, but at the same time, I don't think I'm going to hope for twins right now! LOL

16. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: No symptoms, what's that? Mine have come on quickly with this one. Tired (10:30pm is the latest I can stay up most nights before crashing). I cat nap during LO's media time to make it through until he goes to bed. I'm nauseous when I'm not drinking water or eating. The headache came on yesterday. I forgot about that symptom. I'm anticipating the nausea getting worse. Right now, it's just always there. This morning, I remembered to pack a granola bar to eat after dropping off LO before the nausea hits me hard on an empty stomach.

17. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: Yeah, I would probably fall asleep at 7pm if I didn't have to stay up to get J to bed. Usually I don't get her down until 8-8:30, and then I need to pack her lunch, finish dishes/laundry/tidy up, and then I pass out. I am usually such a night owl and stay up until midnight... so, very unusual for me! I know though that sleep is key to keeping the nausea manageable. I was working full time and going to school full time last time around and I was always sicker after a less than optimal night's sleep. I know the nausea is going to get way worse, but I do think the b6/unisom is helping. I'm not crazy about taking it, and have considered forgoing it to see if it really is indeed helping, but I'm scared. Last pregnancy, I would throw up all day, including on the interstate commuting to and from work... I really don't want to revisit that!

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

My mom told me to get ready, symptoms will come lol! Twins run in our family, and my betas were pretty high. I think it's just a singleton however! We should get a due date list going. I can make it when I get home from work if y'all like.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I really don't have many symptoms yet. Only fatigue and occasional cramps. I'm considering myself lucky so far and I really don't want to jinx myself!

20. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@cascademom: @78h2o: I think morning sickness usually kicks in around 6 weeks so still plenty of time for me to get it I avoided it entirely with DS and would be thrilled if that happened this time too!

21. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@hilsy85: I'm fully prepared for the next weeks to be tough. Right now, it's hovering on low grade nausea, generally eh. Today's a better day than the past few. I had a bit more energy today than a couple of days ago. Morning sickness is my reassurance with pregnancy. I'm totally okay with feeling like crap for awhile as long as the baby's okay and growing.

22. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I know that morning sickness is something that most, but not all women get, but I don't have it at all. It's kind of making me nervous, I'm hoping that it's because I'm still pretty early. Like @cascademom: said though, I want to take morning sickness as reassurance!

23. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

I am nervous to join but may as well.

EDD: June 5

How far along: just over 4 weeks

First child? #2. First is a little almost 14 month old

First doctor appointment: nothing yet

Any symptoms so far? Headaches. Sometimes my nipples are sore but no real symptoms which makes me nervous because with my son the moment the 2 lines showed I was sick.

Who have you told? Hubs and my bff.just going to keep it between us for a bit. I dont know how long I will last though. Plus my MIL lives with us will see is she catches on.

Congrats to all u June 15 mamas!

24. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BabyMats: congrats and welcome mama!

25. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@cascademom: oh totally, I would probably feel happy if I had some sort of nausea We'll see what happens

@dc yoga bee: if you wanted to get together a due date list that would be great!! I am not at all organized with stuff like that, but I can try to help update it periodically.

There are a lot of 2nd time mamas on here, so I wanted to hear more about all your first LOs!

Age of 1st LO:
    Name (if comfortable:
    what is your fave thing about them:
    Anything you are working on before LO2 comes:

26. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

Age of 1st LO: He is 23 months, will be 2 on 10/18!
    Name (if comfortable: Leo
    what is your fave thing about them: He is so funny and so verbal right not--seriously hard to get him to stop talking sometimes, and it's so fun hearing what is going on in his head.
    Anything you are working on before LO2 comes: Definitely would like to have him potty trained. Not sure what we will do about the crib...don't want to buy a 2nd one, but also don't want to rush LO out of his crib, especially because it converts to a toddler bed.

27. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@hilsy85: thanks!

Age of 1st LO: almost 14 months
    Name (if comfortable): G
    What is your favorite thing about them: right now he just cracks us up. He is the only baby around my friends and family over where I live so he is a ham. He eats up the attention and just enjoys being silly. Hearing him try to talk is also funny/cute. He is also really starting to take notice of our dog so he is LO's new buddy!
    Anything you are working on before # 2 comes: nothing yet. Just trying to get into a bigger place.

28. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@hilsy85: good luck with potty training!

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@BabyMats: Congratulations!

You people are killing me wishing for nausea! Trust me, you don't want it! I don't even find it reassuring... I had it with my first pregnancy and I still had a mc at 7.5 weeks.

I will say that so far I am not as sick as I was with the first two pregnancies... hopefully it stays that way!

@hilsy85:
    Age of 1st LO: She will be 22 months on Saturday.
    Name: Julia
    What is your fave thing about them: Gosh, this is a hard one. I guess I would say her huge heart. She has always loved animals and babies. She shares all her food with our dog (even her favorites) and is so gentle and sweet with her baby dolls. I know she will be a great big sis.

Anything you are working on before LO2 comes: We are working on potty training now... she is starting to ask to use it more and more, so I am hopeful that we can get her potty trained by the time LO2 arrives. We are going to move LO out of her room and set up a big girl room... hopefully months before baby arrives, so she doesn't feel like the baby is booting her out of her room! I'd like to have her transitioned to a big girl bed, as we plan to leave the crib in the nursery, but we'll see!

Ok, first time moms, I have some questions for you!
    How long did you TTC?
    How old are you (if you are comfortable answering):
    How many kids do you hope to have?
    What part of pregnancy are you most looking forward to?
    What part of pregnancy are you most nervous about?

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: that is too cute!! Good idea on the questions!

How long did you TTC? Right at a year
    How old are you (if you are comfortable answering): 27
    How many kids do you hope to have? 2
    What part of pregnancy are you most looking forward to? Feeling baby move and a big baby bump!
    What part of pregnancy are you most nervous about? Losing the baby. I got my bfp the day we were supposed to start infertility treatments. I'm really nervous.

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I loooove the name Julia! Actually that's on our list of baby names She is a doll!

How long did you TTC?
    Just about 5 months (I have PCOS) , but I ended up getting pregnant with my first round of Clomid

How old are you (if you are comfortable answering):
    I just turned 26 in July

How many kids do you hope to have?
    I've always wanted a big family 4+, but I don't think that's financially feasible for DH and I. I'm thinking more along the lines of 2-3

What part of pregnancy are you most looking forward to?
    Everything! I think pregnancy is such a beautiful and amazing thing! I can't wait until I finally have a noticeable bump!

What part of pregnancy are you most nervous about?
    Feeling sick. My mom had the worst morning sickness when she was pregnant with me. She was sick up until she delivered, it never went away! But so far so good!

32. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@dc yoga bee: so so happy for you!!

@MrsBrewer: congrats again!!!

33. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@BabyMats: congratulations!!
    @78h2o: congrats onlo #2!!!!

@cascademom: congratulations!!!!!!!!!

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Alright, here goes! I hope I got everyone!

June 2015 Mommas
    June 1: 78H20, Cascademom
    June 3: Mrs. Brewer
    June 5: DC Yoga Bee, Babymats
    June 9: Hilsy85

35. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@BabyMats: wow congrats!! Come share the news on our August board hope you're feeling well!

36. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@dc yoga bee: yay! Thanks! Can't wait to see more names added

37. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@mrsjyw: thank u!

@delight: thank you! I have to go to the board and share. How are u feeling?

38. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@BabyMats: I feel pretty awful, but hopefully that just means everything is going well. Hope you have a great pregnancy! Two under two here we come!

Good luck June mamas!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Hello bloat! This is unreal. I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! My undies are getting so tight. Baby must be going straight to my butt I was doing really well working out and clothes that were falling off of me are now tight. And my stomach is sticking out. Other than that, my only other symptom is going to the bathroom more frequently. How are you guys this morning?

40. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

Just wanted to send out congrats to you June mamas-to-be! My LO was supposed to be a July '14 baby but ended up making his appearance in late June. So happy for you all!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee