Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: No fun to have to switch doctors so late in your pregnancy but at least you are already familiar with both other options.

2. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yeah, I'm sad to see her go. She's been my OB for about 5 years now. I can't remember much about the doctor who delivered LO other than her attending status. She did a great job delivering LO, so I just have to see how our personalities gel before I decide on making her primary or the other one I'm considering.

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Am I missing anyone??

JUNE MAMAS

June 1: @78h2o (#2 ), @cascademom (#2 )
    June 3 (maybe): @hocuspocus (#1 )
    June 4: @badwolf
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1), @BabyMats (#2), @MrsBrewer (#1)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1)
    June 11: @merriment (#2 ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1)
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2), @extrasprinkles (#1), @Mrs.KMM (#1 )
    June 16: @glitterboots (#2)
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 23: @rpparker (#1), @just_ju (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1)
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1)

4. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: The OB actually made my due date the 15th if you wouldn't mind shifting me in the table. Thanks for keeping track of everything for us!

ETA: Thanks!

5. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Changed!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Hopefully this link works... Got it from an email list I'm on. It's a html-linked registry must-haves for all price points and reasons why:

http://ll-cdn-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/CribSheet%20-%20Fall%202014%20Final.htm

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: awesome!! Thanks!

Are you guys registering for diapers? I was all on the cloth diaper kick, convinced DH to give it a go, ordered them for Black Friday, and joined a local cloth diaper fb group to see what it was like. O.M.G! So many problems! They post pictures of awful stains, have laundry issues, and it's not for me. I already work 50 hours a week. Sent them back the day after they got delivered *blush*

8. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

@LindsayinNY: that list is awesome. The website it is from (Lucie's List) was an amazing resource when we were preparing for LO #1.

9. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: That is a really awesome list!!!! Thank you for sharing!

@dc yoga bee: I may not register for diapers. I quickly rejected the cloth diaper idea when I realized how much extra work goes into it. I briefly considered it for price reasons, but decided that with smart shopping on disposables it wouldn't make much of a difference. So, I am planning on stock piling diapers when they are on sale/with coupons.

10. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@dc yoga bee: I started with disposable for DS and switched to mostly cloth around 3 months. I'll probably do the same this time. Although I was intimidated at first, I actually really like using cloth now (and every time I do buy diapers, I'm glad I don't do it very often!)

11. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

I probably won't be super active (I have a crazy 12 month old to chase around) but I just wanted to say hi! I'm due with baby #2 on June 14th!
    Congrats everyone!

12. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: Wow, lots of girls for June! What's funny is that among our friends, there's so few girls. It's all boys. We don't know anyone in the recent past whose had a girl. I have so many girl gifts to give, but no one to give them too.

13. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

We made ourselves Facebook official last night with this announcement. So now the world knows how excited we are!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: That's super cute!!!!!

We announced on facebook, but didn't post a cute pic. We did announcement through christmas cards with our family and did a generic status update on facebook.

15. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Cute. We'll be facebook official tomorrow. LO's daycare sent a closure message at 7:15am as I was getting him ready for the day. I'm home with him. I have to work tomorrow, boo! Christmas preps aren't going to happen at this rate.

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Why did they close so last minute?

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Here's the picture that we're using on our Christmas card too. I'll put it on FB/IG tomorrow.

18. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: The two ladies who live in the daycare (home one) have the stomach flu. No one's wished them good health since it totally screwed up all of our mornings. I had hoped to work from home tomorrow and take off Friday to relax and wrap presents. Not happening now. I have to work tomorrow and then work from home Friday. I think my Target trip will be on Thursday night.

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Ugh - no fun with the daycare / days off situation. But that picture is adorable!

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I love all of the announcements!!!

Our NT scan went amazingly this morning! The doctor wrote "A++" on the results and said we couldn't have asked for better results! I have the risk of a 20 year old He actually said 15 year old but said that seems creepy so they just say 20 year old instead LOL. We're going to us one of the photos to finalize our Christmas announcement gifts. Speaking of, I made a gold post about this... My SIL (met husband in March, married in September) got pregnant on her honeymoon and is due June 24 - two days before me. I'm reacting much better now than I was on Monday and have just decided to push the negativity out of my head (as best as possible). But yeah...

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's really great you had such good NT scan! The 15 year old reference may have been a little sketch, haha. Also, that totally stinks about your SIL. That would've totally crushed me if that happened. I always said if my SIL got preggers before I it would not go over well. Sorry you have to deal with that!

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: Well I joked about being 20 and the doctor was like well, it's more like 15 but that sounds creepy so we just say 20, LOL. I knew she planned on TTC ASAP and always assumed she would tell family pretty soon after a BFP. I was surprised she waited, although she did tell her parents (not sure who else) but held off with us because of me. But, honestly, what are the odds of a due date 2 days before me?? Ugh, not thinking the bad thoughts anymore...

23. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

24. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

I posted our photos today on FB as well. We were waiting for NT screening results, which all came back "within normal range." We actually mailed the cards after the ultrasound Wednesday, so most people already knew.

I think I already posted this: but a reminder:

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: Cute! And I like that dress!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I started thinking about how the baby is growing fingernails, and for whatever reason it seriously started freaking me out. I know that it can't scratch my uterus, but woah, I cannot stop thinking about it. There's my crazy moment for the past days or two. Ha!

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@MamaB: That is creepy to think about!!!

28. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I had my 16 week prenatal today. Pretty quick visit. The doctor that I saw said everything looks good. The fetal HR was 145bpm. It's always a relief to hear that sound!

Also, update to my crazy worry about the baby's fingernails. Doc said no worries that nothing can happen. I told him that's what my rational brain has been telling myself over and over, but my pregnant brain wasn't listening. He laughed and said that sounded about right. Ha! So, I'm not going to let myself get freaked out about that anymore.

29. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Holy hormones! This week has been bad. Every little thing is setting me off or making me cry. I think Christmas is making it extra stressful. Deep breaths lol. How's everyone else feeling?

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

13 week check up went well! Super easy and quick. Got my flu shot and blood work to determine gender - ahhhh!!

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been a little MIA. I decided sort of last minute to fly home with J to visit family before Christmas. My grandfather's health had been declining and I wanted to make sure I saw him. By the time I got home, he wasn't very responsive, but I did get to see him before he passed away last night. Now we are busy planning his funeral. It's all very sad, but I so grateful to that I was able to say goodbye and that I can help my parents with the arrangements.

32. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll be thinking of you. I'll bet J is a ray of sunshine to your family right now.

33. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@78h2o: so sorry about your grandfather. Will be th8nking about you and your family. So glad you got to say goodbye

34. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'm glad you were able to see him beforehand. ((Hugs)).

35. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: glad your appointment went well!!

I had my 16 weeks appointment today, and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! 155bpm. She said there's no merit to girls having higher, and boys lower. She did say there's statistical evidence that women who have more uncomfortable pregnancies tend to be boy pregnancies. Well, I'll find out Jan 5! She wants me to do the one hour early glucose screen at 18 weeks since I'm Black, and my grandparents on both sides have diabetes. My immediate family does not, and are healthy so hopefully I don't have gestational diabetes. She wants to do the screen the same day as anatomy screen, so 18 weeks it is. I can't imagine confirming my feelings it's a boy, or being shocked it's a girl is a mere two weeks away!

I hope everyone is doing well.

36. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: that's funny your OB said that, as I know the rate of HG is slightly higher with girls (or at least I've seen that stat a few places).

http://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/22663323

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: That's interesting because I've read the opposite when it comes to symptoms and gender. Usually acne, morning sickness, etc. mean girl whereas none of that means boy.

38. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: I am really sorry to hear about your grandparents

Happy to hear that everyone is having great appointments! Can't wait to start seeing what everyone is having!

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: Awe, it wouldn't let me open the link

@78h2o: @LindsayInNY: @Eko: You and me both. I'm excited to find out one way or the other!

@LindsayInNY: When do you get your blood results back?

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@78h2o: ((Hugs)) I'm sorry. The holidays don't help but I'm glad you got to see him.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee