Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: I was told they take 10 days?

2. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

We are at my parent's house for the first part of our holiday visit home. My mom is overbearing, doesn't listen, and doesn't respect boundaries. We always butt heads. You guys, last night I almost lost it. I told her, "I'm starting to get upset, and if you keep talking, I'm going to say some really ugly things!" She was talking about how she's going to be in the delivery room (even though I've told her every single time she has brought it up since BEFORE we were pregnant that she isn't going to be invited in), and then she said if she wasn't in the delivery room that she expected to have a picture of the baby sent to her as soon as it is born. I laughed and said that they'd get a text whenever we got around to it. She got mad and started to make it like the day our baby is born will be all about her. That's when I told her what I said. I mean, we had been here less than 12 hours, and we are staying until Wednesday. I'm going to explode at some point. Any ideas or suggestions to help me?

3. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MamaB: my mom or dad can really say some obnoxious things. I would just not really respond to him/her. Sorta like uh huh them to death and not engage in her craziness. Is DH with you? Usually venting to him while ignoring my parents helps me. Good luck!

4. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@78h2o: sorry you're going through such a difficult time

@MamaB: I have a mother like this. I have to spell it out to her whenever she crosses a line, which is pretty much every time we communicate. Things like "I'm uncomfortable discussing this with you, I'm changing the subject", and "I've told you I'm not discussing this, and if you can't respect it, I'm walking away until you can". Come to think of it it's all pretty much out of Supernanny, which makes sense because she acts like an oversize toddler a lot of the time ...if all else fails there is always emotional blackmail "this conflict is NOT good for the baby, I will have to remove myself from this situation if you're going to continue to add to my stress levels in this way"

Cute reveals/announcements everyone! We're toying with the idea of FB announcing on Christmas Day, but I'm still on the fence. We'll see.

I've been MIA with the most malingering virus, btw. And of course it would be at this time of year where there is no opportunity of rest and a whole lot of sucking it up to be done. Sigh.

5. Ifyoulikepinacoladas

coffee bean / 38 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was told 10 days but got them 3 days early! (Ours were Verifi)

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ifyoulikepinacoladas: Oh wow! I did it Friday so we'll see when they call. I told them to leave a VM because DH and I want to find out together!

7. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I am glad you got to see him to say good bye though.

@dc yoga bee: Odd - I've always heard that uncomfortable pregnancies are more often girls and that easy pregnancies are boys (which added more fuel to the fact I thought I was having a boy - oops!). The diabetes screen isn't bad (I had to do it early at 12 weeks) but the drink is sickeningly sweet.

@LindsayInNY: My OB said 2 weeks with mine but they called me after 12 days (and that was on a Monday so the results probably came in over the weekend). Any gut feeling on what you're having?

8. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So I started having a lot of gum pain over the weekend. I understand that it is common during pregnancy due to the hormones and increased blood flow but it is really annoying because it makes it hurt to chew.

Anyone else experience this and if so, what have you found helpful? I switched from my electric toothbrush to a soft bristled manual brush and started using Sensodyne toothpaste but it is too soon at this point to see if that will help.

9. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: I am so sorry for your loss, I hope you find comfort in knowing that you were able to say goodbye.

@MamaB: Oh my goodness! I would just be straight forward with her, and tell her the truth and say, "No I'm sorry, but you will not be in the delivery room! This is our baby/family and our decision!"

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I am not sure how good you are on dental care, but I off and on get this and just really make sure that I floss, and use mouth wash twice a day. Plus, I actually have a flouride paste that I use in addition to regular brushing, floss, and mouthwash. That seemed to help after a few days of doing that regiment.

11. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I've definitely never had this before pre-pregnancy but hopefully I can get it feeling better in a couple of days. I am overdue to get in for an actual dental cleaning as well so maybe that will help (now I just need to get an appointment!).

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: That definitely could help! By the time I was going to get around to making an appointment my pain ended up going away. Hopefully yours is short lived!

13. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@78h2o: So sorry for your loss. I know that has to be hard during the Holidays!

@MamaB: Hate to hear that ya'll are butting heads! It's sad to say but I really have to limit my time with my mom to 2-3 day visits because I know after that we will just start stepping on each others toes. I hope it gets better for you!

We are planning on doing our FB announcement tomorrow after our 14 week appointment!

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Soooo I think I'm finally feeling a little bit of movement. It's really low, like underwear line, but I'm pretty sure it's the baby! I've been noticing it after I eat. It kind of just feels like little taps almost. Does this sound like movement? Or am I just full of gas?

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: It doesn't sound like gas. I've had a lot of gas and it never feels like that. Another indicator could be that if you've generally been having gas and are just noticing this, then it's probably some movements then anything else.

16. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: oh I've had my fair share of gas....LOL I definitely think this is a different feeling!

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: haha. Those sound like movements to me, but other second time mamas might have some better input.

18. merriment

cherry / 222 posts

@mrsbrewer: that sounds like baby movement to me! Feeling it after you eat makes perfect sense. The initial movements always felt sort of "watery" to me. That's a super weird descriptor, I know... At least with this pregnancy (#2), I decided it was baby movemet when I didn't fart shortly after feeling it.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@merriment: LOL!!! yes! so true about not farting after, I didn't even think about that!

Oh the funny things we get to talk about during pregnancy, right?

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: My midwife said around 16 weeks those flutters and strange feelings are more than likely baby and not gas, and that its the "quickening."

21. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: I haven't talked to my midwife much about movement yet since my last appt was a few weeks ago! Eek, I feel completely over the moon right now! I didn't think I would get this giddy when I felt movement.

22. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: I think we are due date twins too right? 6/5? My 16 week appointment was Sat. It's crazy cool to feel it. I can't imagine these turning into swift kicks in a few weeks lol

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yep June 5th! My appts were out of wack, so I have an appt next week on the 29th, I'll be 17 wks, and then I will have my next one at 20 weeks with the anatomy scan! Then I will be every 4 weeks after that!

24. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: It sounds like movement. You can always try a sugary beverage which will bring about movement. I fell yesterday. After our visit to Pump It Up, I had lemonade and felt movement, so my worry was less. I also felt movement sitting down too not long after the fall. Sitting quietly always worked for me to feel movement. What's funny is that this munchkin seems to move a lot when I read to LO during story time.

25. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Just got done with our 14 week appointment! We had a little scare at first because they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. The doctor then admitted she wasn't trying that hard because she knew it would be more fun to just do a mini ultrasound and we found it quickly! Here is our official announcement!

26. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

I have been terrible at keeping up around here - I blame the pregnancy fatigue ;). So exciting to hear about some of you feeling movement, and the announcements that have been shared are adorable!

Our next appointment is on the 31st, but we're thinking about putting our announcement up today since I'm 14 weeks exactly ... Is this crazy? Should I wait to make sure everything is okay first, or am I just being a paranoid infertile?

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@rpparker: Super Cute!

@just_ju: We announced at about 14 weeks. We would have done it after our 12 week appointment went fine but since we were doing the genetic screening, we figured we'd wait for the results of that first.

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@rpparker: Love your announcement!!

@just_ju: We announced at 12 weeks, since our 12 week appointment went well and the OB told me the risk of miscarriage was 2% at 12 weeks.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: That's such a cute photo!

@Mrs.KMM: I announced at 14w because by that point I had about 3 u/s, which all looked good, and the down syndrome and genetic screening, which were all fine. I think if I had only had one u/s at that point I would have waited longer. I just got a lot of reassurances by the 14w mark. Plus, we see a lot of family at christmas and figured i would say something before then. I think it is whatever you are comfortable with.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: Super cute!!

31. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@Mrs.KMM: @dc yoga bee: thanks for your input. After realizing that all of our appts went perfectly, I got more comfortable with the idea and we did make it FB official yesterday. We didn't do an NT scan or any genetic testing, so none of that factored into the decision. People were really sweet and it was pretty awesome - but that will probably be the first and last time I post about it on FB because I'm a weirdo.

32. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Poking my head in to say hi as I impatiently await my next OB appt next week. I'm 16 weeks 5 days now and I wish my appt next week was the anatomy scan because I'm getting so impatient to find out! Unfortunately it'll just be a regular appt, but I'll be glad to hear the heartbeat. I've been freaked out since I foolishly rolled on my stomach last week to demonstrate part of an acro move for my students. No cramping or bleeding but it was much more uncomfortable than I anticipated and I'll be relieved to hear the heartbeat again and know everything's ok.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rpparker: love the announcement! As a momma of another chocolate lab

34. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! As an update in case anyone else gets the fun gum pain / tenderness I was dealing with last week, the Sensodyne toothpaste has made it go away completely.

I can't wait for my 16 week appointment on Tuesday!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Merry Christmas! Good to know about the toothpaste, and I'm glad your gums are feeling better!

I have an appt on Monday and I'm super excited for it too! It will be 17 weeks, and then I will have my 20 wk appt after that with anatomy scan!

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: When pregnant, I need kids toothpaste because mint makes me gag. I have my princess toothpaste.

I fell twice in two days. The first time was holding LO heading to Pump It Up. I didn't hit my bump and was well padded. The next night, I was on a stool and slipped. I fell down mostly on my face and a little on my bump. The next morning, I called my OB and went in for a heartbeat check. LO #2 is doing great, heart beating, a okay. I'm banned for stools and tall shoes. My center of balance is really off this pregnancy.

37. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Hey all, sorry I've been MIA. This whole growing a human thing is really hard work! I've been super sick this whole time (good days here and there) & can't seem to find any remedies that help, although I've had plenty of suggestions. I'm also an anxious person, and read some boards I probably shouldn't have, this being my first pregnancy and all. I thought a break might be a good idea until I got into a safer timeframe. Anyway, our NT scan on 12/17 was awesome. This LO did not stop moving! But it was amazing to get to see, and was a relief. We got some 3D pictures, which are cool. We announced on fb last weekend, at 13w4d. On the 23rd, we found out we are team pink (called it!) Really hoping to start feeling better, esp since I'm 14w4d! Anyone else still getting nauseous, some vomiting, food aversions? My new thing is motion sickness in the car

38. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MrsKMM: Congrats on the girl! I still flip flop everyday on what we are having. I have also been more sick this week (14 weeks) than I was during the 1st trimester! Even threw up my breakfast at the in-laws which was not fun at all! I also understand the anxiety. I am constantly thinking the worst and when we had our brief scare at the last appointment I thought all my fears were about to come true. I really just have to focus on taking care of myself - rest, exercise and eating right because everything else is really out of my hands. I'm hoping for a much better week this week!

@MrsBrewer: Aren't labs the best?

Hope everyone has a great week!

39. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@rpparker: Thanks! Your announcement is cute - we couldn't get our lab to cooperate My diet hasn't been great, mostly because either everything sounds/smells horrible, or it doesn't stay down. Which may have something to do with my fatigue, but I've been trying to squeeze in some exercise when I can! I thought this yucky phase would be gone by now.

Eta: The insomnia, how could I forget! I didn't want to take any meds unless absolutely necessary, but thank goodness for unisom (on occasion)!

40. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

I'm finally feeling better- not sick anymore and I am able to eat a better diet. But I still can't sleep! Is anyone else having trouble staying asleep? I can fall asleep easily, but I wake up every night and stay up for 2-3 hours! I get up so exhausted

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee