Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@BabyMats: How?! Seriously, LOL?? You look great though!!

2. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

We had our anatomy scan this morning and everything looked great! Baby girl is currently measuring in the 53rd percentile so right on target for this point. Well, except for her cerebellum which is in the 97th percentile. Lucky me! Oh – and we got to hear her heartbeat for the first time today (previously we only saw it flickering on the screen).

I was getting a little nervous during scan because they seem to be spending a long time trying to get pictures of her heart. I was starting to think that they had found something concerning. Turns out baby girl was just not cooperating and letting them get a good angle for photos!

3. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Oh – they also told me today that I have an anterior placenta. That's probably why I haven't been able to feel baby girl moving yet! Come on baby, mom is getting impatient over here!

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Beautiful little girl!! Any idea what an anterior placenta looks like? We're the end of the month mamas and I don't think I've felt anything yet either? Figure I could just be on the later side, don't know what to look for or maybe have an anterior placenta?

5. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: From my experience with LO, the ultrasounds show the placenta above the baby is an anterior one. LO looked like he was punching it in the ultrasounds.

With this LO, the placenta is posterior, so it looks like he's sitting on it when it's closer to my ribs instead of out front near my belly. I've felt this baby a lot more than LO since he can kick me and I feel it right away.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: This is dumb but what does the placenta look like? I only have my NT scan images, nothing any later.

7. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: It just looks like a light colored mass above or below your LO.

8. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've not actually seen the placenta on any of my scans (or if I have, I didn't know what I was looking at). The tech just told me today that it is apparently anterior.

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: Does this image tell/show you anything?

(Image removed! )

10. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

We had our anatomy scan and we are having a lively, very active, beautiful baby girl!! She looks perfect. I have an anterior placenta as well, so I can only feel her kicking - or head-butting, apparently, given her current position - very low, right around my bladder. But I can definitely feel her now!

11. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'd guess a posterior placenta from the ultrasound. You should be feeling things by 20 weeks or so as first timer. With LO, I didn't really feel stuff until then. LO #2, I'm definitely feeling kicks, but have for awhile since I know the sensation.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@cascademom: I think I'm just over eagerly getting much hopes up Just gotta be patient and wait!

@badwolf: Woo, another June girl!!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

JUNE MAMAS

June 1: @78h2o (#2 ), @cascademom (#2 )
    June 3 (maybe): @hocuspocus (#1 )
    June 4: @badwolf (#1 )
    June 5: @dc yoga bee (#1 ), @BabyMats (#2/3 ), @MrsBrewer (#1 )
    June 7: @mamatoboth: (#2)
    June 10: @MamaB (#1)
    June 11: @merriment (#2 ), @Ifyoulikepinacoladas (#2 )
    June 13: @TarHeelBee (#1), @MUI831 (#2)
    June 14: @Eko (#1 ), @Ash (#2 )
    June 15: @Corduroy (#2 ), @extrasprinkles (#1 ), @Mrs.KMM (#1 )
    June 16: @glitterboots (#2 )
    June 19: @Jess1483 (#2)
    June 23: @rpparker (#1 ), @just_ju (#1)
    June 24: @MrsKMM (#1 )
    June 26: @LindsayInNY (#1 )

14. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@LindsayInNY: thank you!

@Mrs.KMM: glad everything went well. That is a perfect picture! we have yet to get a picture like that. igif it makes you feel any better both of these babies have anterior placentas. They pointed out both placentas so it is like a huge pillow wall. No real big kicks. I could feel movement only because of my previous pregnancy so i know what im feeling but just slight movement here and there. theovents will come soon!!!!
    With my son the movemovent was much it made me feel seasick!

@badwolf: congrats on your

15. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I could totally tell my placenta is anterior. It is literally a white mass In front of the baby. When I asked the tech, she confirmed I have an anterior placenta.

I've missed a lot today, love the scans! I tried out a new freezer recipe tonight to make sure it tastes good before adding it to the list. Chicken mac &cheese- yum!

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@badwolf: congrats on your !

17. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

Thanks ladies! My OB said anterior is a good place for the placenta because it offers protection for baby and is better for mom (no placenta previa if it's anterior).

18. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Adding myself to the list. I swear I was on it but maybe I'm wrong
    JUNE MAMAS
    June 2: @Meltini (#2 )
    June 10: @MamaB (#1)

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@badwolf: Congrats on your little girl! Glad the scan went well!

@BabyMats: I think I'm just getting super inpatient. I kind of feel like I'm missing out on something when so many other people talk about feeling their babies move and I'm just still sitting here at 20 weeks like, when is it going to happen?

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I'm with ya... I try to compare myself to the couple end of month girls than the beginning of the month ones when it comes to movement. Or browse the July thread

21. badwolf

grape / 77 posts

@Lindsayinny: I only started feeling kicks less than 2 weeks ago, and only very low in my pelvis. Little girl likes to head-butt my bladder and I definitely feel that, but I don't feel anything above the bikini line due to the placenta. I never felt the butterfly/fluttery feeling most people talk about either, it felt more like nudging/large gas bubbles and sometimes a fairly hard push.

22. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I am feeling lots of kicks at 19 weeks, but the more I think about it, the more I think it was my 20-week appointment with my first when my OB pointed out the kicks to me--ha! I'm sure you'll be feeling it soon. And it will be awesome when you do!

Anatomy scan this afternoon!

23. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yeah - I bet it does make it harder being 3 to 4 weeks behind a lot of the other mamas in the thread. But since I'm a mid-June mama with a June 15 due date, I think it's making me a little more impatient.

@Jess1483: I hope you're right! Good luck at your scan! I hope you get some great pictures to share.

I had my regular 20 week OB/GYN appointment today which was semi-uneventful considering I just had my anatomy scan yesterday. But I did get to see baby girl moving around again. And my OB showed me how to feel the top of my uterus which was kind of cool! I was very happy to only be up 7 pounds here at the halfway point so hopefully I continue the good trend for the second half of the pregnancy.

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Gah! I always confuse you and @MrsKMM LOL! She's the end of the month one I keep trying to feel my uterus but have no clue what I'm even looking or feeling for!

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Mine is at belly button height at this point. Basically he said when you feel lower you can fell the firm uterus and higher it feels like empty space. So when you find the drop-off from firmness into empty space, you're at the top of your uterus. He described it as feeling your fingers sort of roll off the top into the empty space.

26. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Do you have to be laying down when you are feeling for the top of your uterus?

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: That's how I felt it (laying down) but I haven't tried it any other way.

28. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, we had our anatomy scan this AM. Everything looks perfect. My placenta is posterior which explains why I've felt so much movement. We found out that it's a girl which was a shock. I just assumed it would be a boy because everyone in our family has had/is having boys. So, DH and I just have some reimagining to do when we think about what the future will be like. But, the important thing is that she's healthy.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MamaB: Sounds like a familiar story Glad it went well, perfect little photo!!

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

JUNE MAMAS

June 2: @meltini (#2 )
    June 10: @MamaB (#1 )

31. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

Glad everyone is having great appointments!

@Mrs.KMM: I'll be 19 wks tomorrow and havent really felt anything. I *think* I felt something Saturday but I'm not positive. I feel your impatience!

Anatomy scan Thursday afternoon, assuming this blizzard is cleaned up enough by then. Can't wait to see her!! I get so anxious between visits!

@dc yoga bee: what is this chicken Mac and cheese you speak of?! Lol

32. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MamaB: More June little girls! Congrats!

33. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

So many girls!

@MamaB: We felt the same way. It took me about 2-3 days to process the idea of a girl and not a boy! But now we have a name (Hattie Jane) and I've fallen in love with some nursery ideas so now I can't imagine anything else. But I totally understand your shock.

34. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I have been quite behind in the thread! Congratulations to all the great appointments and new baby girls to our group!

I ended up with a minor bleeding scare over the weekend, but everything looked fine! I've been taking it easy for a few days and also just doing some running around and work before the snow storm hit.

Still crazy that we are all almost over the half way hump. Time feels like it is slowly going by too fast!

35. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I know! It is crazy to think that we are all hitting the halfway point! June still feels so far away but on the flip side, I don't feel like I've been pregnant all that long yet. What I find even more crazy is that in just a few weeks, we'll start hitting the point of viability!

36. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Eko: So glad everything is okay!

@MamaB: Congratulations on your girl! I cannot believe how many girls are expected this June!

@Mrs.KMM: Viability point is the next thing I'm excited for, which I think is Valentines Day for me!

@MrsKMM: It was sooo good! I'll add the link. The only thing I did differently was I didn't use pimento pepper, because I don't have any. I also added a healthy dose of paramasan and garlic seasoning, parsley, and mrs. Dash for seasoning. Also, I did not make 16 servings! I halved the recipe.

http://addapinch.com/cooking/chicken-mac-and-cheese-recipe/#comments

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Jess1483: sooo excited for you! Stalking for updates! Xo

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: So true! I have been thinking about that for the last few weeks. I can't wait until I hit viability!

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I know so crazy! I'm really excited to hit the viability point. But really I get excited for every mile marker.

40. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Baby was a mover and a shaker…and a boy! So there's one more to try to balance out all those s!

I'll add a photo later--we're still trying to get little man adjusted to the new time zone, and it sounds like DH could use an assist on bedtime!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee