Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm glad we can bring up the end of the month together!

2. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

@dc yoga bee: my ob care has been kind of lax this time around (different state than my #1) so my ultrasound felt short and sweet but the doc said he thought it looked like babe was gonna be a boy! looking forward to finding out.

3. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Well, the midwife did an exam where she kind of hit my kidneys and I burst into tears when she did the left one and continued to cry throughout the rest of the appointment. They took urine to run a culture and sent me over to a radiology clinic to have an ultrasound done to see if there were kidney stones. Of course, it was inconclusive. They didn't see any large stones in my kidney, but that doesn't mean there isn't a small one that they can't pick up via ultrasound. So, they're sending the results over to my OB's office and I'm sure they'll call if they want to do further testing. I just got home with my pain pills and I took one, and and going to lay down for a nap.

4. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: They told me to call and/or go to L&D is I was unsure. Maybe call and see what they say??

5. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: That sounds miserable. I hope you feel better!

I'm trying to finish up paperwork so I can go home. Last day... woo hoo!!!!

6. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@78h2o: So jealous that it is your last day!

7. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@mamab I'm so sorry you have to deal with that! Get lots of rest and feel better ❤

@andthewildones yay welcome!

Totally random but I could go for a box of see's chocolates right now! Maybe not the whole box.....but sounds soo good right now lol.

8. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I had my follow up today instead of tomorrow. Blood pressure is good, so is urine. My kidney function is a little high, some cause for concern. I had a growth ultrasound too. He's 7 lbs 12 oz at 38 weeks plus. Depending upon a call with my doctor, I may have an induction on Monday at 39 weeks for chronic hypertension in the last weeks of pregnancy.

9. TiredmommaMD

cherry / 118 posts

New to hellobee, but wanted to introduce myself here. Due June 28th with baby girl #2. Posting this at 3:45am, seems like the 3rd trimester insomnia has kicked in.

10. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@TiredmommaMD: welcome!

11. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@cascademom: glad that it's nothing too serious!

@TiredmommaMD: welcome!

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@TiredmommaMD: Welcome!

13. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: Oh man, as in this Monday!?! That would be a "memorial" birth hehe! I hope everything is okay!

@TiredmommaMD: Welcome!!!! Do you know what you're having?

38 weeks today!! 14 days until my due date, and 19 days until my birthday! I wonder will she be born on my birthday I woke up with some serious lightening crotch this morning! Ouch! I had to take some Tylenol, and I'm starting to feel better. I'm looking forward to my apt this afternoon.

14. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@TiredmommaMD: Welcome!

@cascademom: Wow, Monday is right around the corner! Let us know what your doctor says. Do you want to be induced or would you rather wait if your bp wasn't an issue?

@dc yoga bee: Yeah, my birthday is on Tuesday and I am wondering that too... will I get a baby for my bday?! I think I will probably have a membrane sweep at my appointment that day (39w), so we'll see if that does anything.

This head cold SUCKS!!!! I hope it is short lived!

15. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

36w appointment today. All looks good, baby is head down, and I'm 1 cm dilated. I didn't get to one cm until I was in active labor with LO1, so I hope this is a sign my body will do what it's supposed to this time. I don't expect to be in labor any time soon, but hopefully when I get there, it will go faster (or, you know, at all) than last time.

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Sitting in doctor's office. Blood pressure 140/80. It's usually 110/60. They're checking my urine now.

17. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: hugs. Mine's been on the rise, but it always goes back down. Hope it's nothing. I haven't heard from my doctor at all today.

18. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

39 wk check up today. Nothing is changed still 1.5cm dilated and 75% effaced. Bp was 130/70 but went back down to 120 had trace amount protein in urine but dr didn't seem at all worried. Have an appointment scheduled on my due date next week, 5/27. Dr. Said she wouldn't recommend going longer than a week passed due date.

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@cascademom: Blood Pressure now 150/84, protein found in urine. At labor and delivery. I asked for a note for work and she said she doesn't think I need one. I asked about making my apt for next week, she said again- I don't think you'll need one

20. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: June babies are coming!

21. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good Luck!!

22. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good luck!!

23. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I just got off the phone with my doctor. We're scheduling induction for Wednesday since she'll be in the hospital then. Even though labs were fantastic from the recheck, the chronic hypertension is reason to induce. I get blood pressure recheck on Tuesday and membranes sweep to start the process ahead of Wednesday. I'm still waiting on the times, but have my parents ready to go to take care of LO.

24. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: so are you waiting to see if they want to induce? Good luck!

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@cascademom: how do you feel about that? Did you want an induction given your BP issues or were you hoping they'd let you go on your own?

26. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@78h2o: I didn't want the induction, but if it's a big enough concern for her, I'm fine with it. Over the past few days, I've come to accept that it's how it's going to happen. She thinks it'll be a quick labor because I'm a second timer. Even my first with LO clocking in at 14 hours was seen as quick by her.

27. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@cascademom: Good luck for next Wednesday! Maybe sweeping you membranes the day before will be enough to send you in to labor on your own!

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Yeah, I'm hoping that too. We have my parents scheduled to get LO or watch him, so hopefully it won't start too early if that's the case.

29. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: updated the other thread. Protein level was 0.4 and anything over 0.3 is automatic admitted and induce. Waiting on my room now!

30. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@dc yoga bee: Good luck!

Now I really feel like I'm racing the clock on this baby prep stuff. Still so much to do. Like painting the nursery today and getting our car seat back from family next weekend. I'm excited for all of you but hoping mine keeps cooking for a few more weeks.

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Corduroy: I'm right there with you!

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: Wednesday?? Eek! So exciting!!

Soon we will have 2 more June babies! I think people are going to start going really soon now!

33. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Sometimes you just have to get up and eat an English muffin at 2:30am. Pregnancy is so weird. Ha!

34. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@MamaB: A few weeks ago I made a pound of ground beef in the middle of the night because I was starving. I've gotta get some easier to prep food before I start BFing.

35. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@mamaB: so funny I was up at 2 am too eating chocolate cupcakes. They were calling my name

36. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MamaB: @hocuspocus: I was up thinking about food! Ended up falling back asleep but I made up for it with a big breakfast!

37. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

Woke up feeling normal, ate Pop Tarts and oj, then got nauseous after bathroom. Now, I have a bit of sinus pressure. Part of me wants to call because they mentioned headaches as an issue, but the other part of me thinks it's weather related as DH has it too. Grr, I've felt totally normal the past few days.

38. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@cascademom: I'm sorry! I know it's frustrating because if you call, they'll probably want you to just go ahead and come into the hospital, and no one wants to do that if it's just a sinus headache.

DH declared that he wanted to do several little projects around the house today. He has been bitching and complaining the ENTIRE time. I want to clarify these are projects that I don't care about having done before the baby comes. If he doesn't shut it, I may blow up.

39. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MamaB: yeah, that was DH's train of thought too. I'm doing Claritin and a mini can of Coke Zero to see if it subsides for the rest of the day/weekend before doing anything alarming.

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Hey guys! Just hanging out. It's so interesting how I hadn't finished reading my labor and delivery book yet, and hadn't even read up on inductions. Now, here I am about 16 hours into one lol. The best advice I have is make sure you have your hospital bag packed. I haphazardly packed one at 36 weeks, and it has served me well so far. DH brought over other little stuff I forgot. And have your car seat installed. I'm glad we did that and had the police check it back in April. It's been installed ever since ready to go! My mom is spending next week with me, so I'm not as concerned about the meals I didn't get to. She is ready and willing to cook or order out! I insisted on getting the nursery finalized Mother's Day weekend, and while I was tired I'm glad it's ready for her! DH cleaned the whole place yesterday evening. I never expected that "nesting" to kick in lol.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee