Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Mamas!

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: My shoes fit 1 week postpartum as well even after the crazy swelling in the end! You're almost there!

@78h2o: I hope you feel better soon!

2. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Went on a big walk this morning trying to get baby girl to move down! I'm calling this my 39 week picture even though it's 38+4 days! I'm just going to round up!

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@rpparker: You look amazing! Seriously

4. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@dc yoga bee: thank you!

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rpparker: aww!! You look great!! And I love your chocolate lab!! I have 1 too!!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: Love that pic! You look great!!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I think I'm slowing losing my mucus plug. If only it meant something imminent but I know it doesn't...

8. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: But it's something!! I would be happy with any sign!

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: It's only been that and lower backache. But I'm not taking it to mean too much.

10. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: Backache is good! Well, a good sign for labor.

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: Ugh, it's not good!!! I woke up in the middle of the night with lower back pain. By the morning, it was gone. It's been consistent for a good two or so hours now. I tried putting a pillow behind it but that's not helping. It's aching like crazy - like I lifted a lot and pulled it or something? That's really it for "signs" of anything. I've been going #2 a lot more and lost some of my mucus plug over the weekend. I hope it's a good sign because I can't handle this back pain for another 2 weeks!

12. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've had pretty intense back pain for about 3 weeks now, plus losing my mucus plug, plus most nights I've had at least 1-2 hours of pretty intense contractions, but they always fade. It's killing me! It's so different than with LO1 (I just all of a sudden was in "there's-no-mistaking-it" labor).

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Jess1483: Oh no, don't tell me that, LOL!

14. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@LindsayInNY: Always better to have low expectations and surprise yourself

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Jess1483: I know, that's why I don't want to get my hopes up. I want to be prepared but that's it.

16. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

I had my 39 week appointment today! They redid the growth ultrasound and baby has only grown a half pound in 3 weeks so instead of measuring ahead we are back on schedule. I wish I had never gotten the first growth ultrasound now! Still not dilated so it's just more waiting! It's going to be a struggle to go back to work tomorrow!

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@rpparker: THose measurements are definitely way off. I had a growth ultrasound the day before I delivered and it was half a pound off. My thoughts on what he would weigh were more accurate. One of the doctors at the hospital told me that a mothers intuition on weight is more accurate than the growth ultrasounds. Sorry you have to go back to work!

18. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: my doctor told me that too. He asked me how much I thought she would weigh. I said I had no idea, maybe a little less tha DD#1 (8 lbs 12oz)? Based on that and feeling my belly, he wrote down DD#2's estimated size as 8 lbs 6 oz. She was 8 lbs 5 oz.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rpparker: I will say that the growth ultrasound was right on for me. They estimated an 8 lb baby if I went full term, and I delivered at 39+6 and my daughter was 8lbs 2.5 oz!

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: that's crazy! I was thinking 7lb. Maybe a little under and Will ended up 6lb 14oz. Crazy how much moms intuition is accurate.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Interesting! Based on last Thursday's ultrasound just shy of 38, LO was apparently 6 lbs, 12 oz. Both my sister and I were approximately 7 lb., 2 oz., and I was 2 1/2 weeks late! I feel like LO will be smallish so I don't know how much I trust their measurements. I guess we'll see soon enough!

22. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Eko: @78h2o: My doc said the same thing with my last pregnancy (hasn't mentioned anything this time.) She said they compared a doctor's guess, mom's guess, and growth ultrasound, and the order of accuracy was: Mom's guess, Doctor's, and then ultrasound. I've never had a growth ultrasound. I keep assuming this guy will be tiny, like LO1, but who knows.

23. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Man, I thought my postpartum weight loss was going okay, but my 2 year old just asked if she was getting another sister and ran over and pulled up my shirt. Yikes!!!

24. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@78h2o: I'm sorry. I'm dreading that moment with my toddler as well.

Apparently my daughter was afraid she was getting another baby when we said we were going back to the hospital for our 2 day appointment. Oops.

25. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@Eko: @78h2o: @LindsayInNY: @MrsBrewer: Interesting all the different experiences. I think there was a separate thread about growth US and it seemed to be about 50/50! I'm just glad we aren't making any induction decisions based on it and can just sit back and wait - easier said than done!

26. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: oh man! Toddlers are funny sometimes. Probably just because your belly looks different.

27. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: who knows! Total bummer though! Yesterday, all the teachers at my daughter's school were saying how I looked great and didn't look like I could have a two week old....then along comes Little Miss Reality Check, lol!

28. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: The ultrasound tech was nearly a pound off with J. She predicted that he would be almost 8 pounds. He clocked in at 7 lbs even. Both of us were really surprised by this after he was born.

29. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Today's appointment was uneventful. Cervical exam didn't hurt as much so I guess that's progress? Still only 1 cm, 90% effaced and -1? Now another week of hanging out...

30. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I know the feeling...I had a total pity party this morning about going another week! Maybe we will have some surprises soon!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: My SIL's water broke last night. She's just June 24. Hadn't had any exams yet because her OB said baby hadn't dropped. I was worried that anything with my back aches was nothing since they stopped after 3pm yesterday. Just started about 30 minutes ago again so who knows. I don't know if it means anything or not! I want to meet this little girl but I'm also fine waiting still. DH will only be taking 5 business days off so I'd love to maximize that - maybe she will come sometime between now and Sunday?!

32. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm rooting for Sunday! Father's Day would be a fun day to give birth

33. extrasprinkles

coffee bean / 44 posts

It's so interesting to read these posts about estimated birth weight! We just got back from our 40 week appointment and our baby boy's estimated weight is 8lb 15oz. My husband and I just laughed. We'll see ...

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: I joked with DH that she would probably arrive in time for Father's Day and then I'd be stuck getting him a present He gave me my push present in advance so I've been thinking of ideas, just in case!

35. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: I saw this and thought it was really cute!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/380835712212499361/

I got my DH a watch from Orvis with baby's initials on the back and this book for fun! http://www.amazon.com/Your-Babys-First-Word-Will/dp/1250009340

That's more than we would typically do for gifts but his birthday is coming up too. And I bought the watch during an unusually hormonal day!

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: Haha I love that onesie! I was hoping foir something on Prime since I could order that easily from the hospital. I "saved" a Daddy type frame so a book would go well with that!

37. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: Anything going on with you?! I've been walking, bouncing on the yoga ball, eating spicy foods and nothing...some stronger BH and some back pain but other than that...nothing.

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: Nada. I walk a good amount for work as it is (usually 8-10,000 steps a day, if not more). Yoga ball was delivered yesterday so I just need to inflate it! Back pain isn't as often as it was Monday/Tuesday. So now I feel like I'm just hanging out... *shrugs*

39. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: Well know that I'm right there with you!

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: @rpparker: I'm patiently following you guys, and hoping for labor news soon!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee