Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 - Nursery Inspiration

1. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@LindsayInNY: yeah, it's really just decoration. It was expensive, so that's why I'm thinking it might be worth reselling if I want something new... otherwise I should just keep it and make it work.

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: If it's not sentimental I saw sell it. My mom makes all the new babies quilts in the family, so I'll save hers, but I don't plan on saving the quilt that comes with the bedding I just ordered.

3. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@dc yoga bee: Thanks. Yeah, I think I will go ahead and sell it so I can fund all the new crap I want!

Just found these on etsy...
    so many cute options!

4. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@78h2o: love those pictures!! I'm debating on lavender with white and pale gray

5. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: I those pictures!

6. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: Those are soooo cute!! Etsy is amazing.

7. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Oooh I kind of like this scheme as well! And i the name on the wall. Definitely doing that!

8. Mommy Finger

pomegranate / 3272 posts

@cascademom: Since you have the daybed in your LO's room, do you also have a rocker/glider? I had a thought last night that maybe I wouldn't need a rocker if we have the daybed in there. With DS1, we lived in a small condo and didn't have a rocker so I nursed in our bed or on the couch. If he needed to be rocked, we bounced him on a yoga ball. I'm trying to be a little "thrifty" with the new nursery and think about space and am wondering if we could fit a rocker in with the daybed. I do like the idea of having a family space where we can all hang out and read books!

9. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MUI831: Yep, we have a crib, glider, and changing table in his room. The daybed is opposite the crib. Here's a pic to give an idea. We have a lamp in the spot between the crib and glider. I got the lamp from Land of Nod that fits perfectly in the spot.

10. Mommy Finger

pomegranate / 3272 posts

@cascademom: Thanks! I think we'll just have to play with the configuration of the furniture in the room when we get it all. Luckily, we have a few months.

11. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

We decided on our nursery color scheme tonight! I wanted something that would look girly without being too pink. We're going to do gray walls and white furniture with accents / decor in these colors:

12. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: I love the look of the Pottery Barn rockers and like the fact they can become a normal chair post-baby. I definitely want a rocker over a glider (I prefer the motion of a rocker). I'm assuming you found them comfortable to sit in at the store? I haven't gotten to see them in person yet!

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Those were exactly our thoughts!! We went to the store and they were all so comfortable! Ended up going with the Charleston over the Wingback, which is what we originally wanted. You can also order fabric samples (free too!) which is helpful.

14. mamatoboth

pea / 7 posts

@LindsayInNY: LOVE your nursery idea! my son has a nautical name, and so does this baby girl to be. he had a navy/grey/aqua/white nautical nursery and she's getting a mermaid/ocean nursery! were huge nautical lovers around here

15. mamatoboth

pea / 7 posts

i have no idea how to post pictures to share ours for baby girl, ha ha. but love these ideas!

16. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ordered a Charleston rocker and ottoman last night! So excited! They were the one thing I wanted to splurge on with our nursery! DH cringed at the cost (even with the 20% off deal we got) but he still gave the okay. What fabric/color did you go with? We got Twill Gray with the expresso legs and rails.

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Love! I haven't been able to get to a store to try it out in person yet womp womp womp. 20% off coupon?! I need to get my hands on one of those. We're trying to not go over $800 for a glider.

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mamatoboth: Aww, I can't wait to see yours!!

@Mrs.KMM: We opened a credit card and got 15% off plus get rewards back. Went with the navy Baldwin stripe! Should come in sometime February to March?

19. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@dc yoga bee: the 20% off is a sale going on until Monday so maybe you can get in this weekend and take advantage of it!

@LindsayInNY: I really liked the striped but DH prefers solids. Ours is supposed to arrive in mid to late March.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.KMM: Awe, one of my dogs is having ACL surgery right now, and I know I'm going to be attached to his hip all weekend babying him lol.

21. mamatoboth

pea / 7 posts

this is what i made for baby girls inspiration

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Mrs.KMM: We were planning on solid navy for a boy but since that isn't happening, decided to go a little less masculine with the stripes.

@mamatoboth: Oh, I love that!

23. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

@78h2o: where did you find those prints ??? Those are gorgeous!

24. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

@78h2o: I found this mobile on Pinterest when looking for navy, purple, gray and white nursery ideas. I thought it looked so farmiliar, and now I know why! Ha! I'm thinking those are the colors I want to go with. I don't want something that screams "Little girl!!!" when you walk it.

25. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Cross-posting here. Our glider and ottoman were delivered today. The dogs are waiting on baby! The wall to the left of the glider will be a gallery wall of art, and I'll put a small table there for drinks and phone. The only thing left to get is a dresser!

26. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

I am pulling together fabrics, etsy prints and the inspiration for my mobile. I've ordered swatches of these fabrics to possibly use for curtains, bedskirt, and throw pillows. I'm planning a gallery wall above the crib with quotes and cute pictures in lavender, navy, and white. All of our furniture is white and the glider is a gray/white tweed. What do you guys think?

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Nice!! I just got an email that ours is en transit. We ordered it the weekend after New Years and I think it was suppose to be something like 8 weeks before getting it? We have a lot of work to do this weekend now!

28. MrsKMM

apricot / 263 posts

@MamaB: Awesome! We actually chose a lavender, white and light gray theme. Lavender walls, white crib and dresser, and light gray glider with white trim. Great minds think alike

29. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

My parents helped us paint the nursery yesterday and we got the last pieces of furniture built! So everything is set up now and I'm just waiting on some of our decor stuff (mobile, wall hangings, etc) to arrive!

30. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MamaB: love your inspiration board! I might need to find out where to get some of those prints!
    @sera_87: sorry, just seeing this now. I got them from Etsy seller "ZeppiPrints".
    @Mrs.KMM: it looks great! I'm jealous you have such a nice big room!

31. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

We have the stripes painted on our focus wall in the nursery!

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Those look great!!! Did you have any bleeding of colors? We did a smaller stripe accent design and despite buying the best, "bleed-proof" tape, it still bled a little.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: yep, our bled s little, and we too bought the best tape! But I think DH should be able to fix it in like 10-15 minutes tops!

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Okay, I feel a little better that it's not just me! Lol. It's really only noticable if you're standing a foot or two away from the wall. I to touched up a couple areas and then just let it be!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yes! Even if I'm standing on the other side of the room (and the room is pretty small!) I couldn't notice it. But I figure we're going to have the crib against that wall, so we will be somewhat close to it. I know if I don't touch it up a little bit, I'm always going to stare at all of the imperfections!! LOL

36. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

You guys are brave doing stripes!! We are making progress. The crib and dresser came a couple of weeks ago, the fabric for the curtains came, and we are about to order fabric for the crib skirt. I also found a cute pillow at Pier 1. Here's a picture of the crib with pillow, curtain fabric, and crib skirt swatch.

37. curlymama318

coffee bean / 41 posts

Here's our inspiration board!

38. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

I'd love to see everyone's finished nurseries!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee