Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Here's our little one! She's 6 months now too and another big girl. 18 lbs 7.5 oz and 27.5 inches long! Loves her food! We just give her purees for right now, along with a few Cheerios we've tried yesterday!

2. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: She is so good at sitting up! W is not impressed with sitting up on his own so we are still wobbly. She's a cutie!

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Thanks! It was seriously night and day with her and sitting up! one day super wobbly, then the next she's a pro!! She isn't really putting much weight on her legs to stand up at all yet though, she's content staying in one spot for now

4. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Eko: Don't worry. J's not too big on rolling from back to tummy or tummy to back. I'm hoping that he catches on soon. He likes sitting and babbling a lot.

5. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Anyone get santa pics done? We had ours done at the mall the other day. Did not expect her to smile!! also here's our 6 mo pic. I'm waaay to excited about Christmas this year

6. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@hocuspocus: we did ours last weekend. No huge grin but she was still quite happy. I'm betting next year is when we might see Santa fear.

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: you'll probably wish you had these sitting still days more soon enough I'm sure! Lol

@cascademom: yeah DS only likes rolling from tummy to back because he hates being on his belly so much. Funny to see how different babies preferences are.

@hocuspocus: cute! We are bringing DS to a zoo light thing nearby in a couple weekends. They bring out a Santa and we will probably get pictures done then.

8. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Mrs.KMM: aww she looks so content there chillin with santa lol! Love her little outfit. I think I almost got the same one for e at target the other day 😊

9. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@hocuspocus: Haha! We got it at Target too! It was too cute to resist! 😀

10. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

These babies are so cute!

Here's one of Holly from about 2 weeks ago.

11. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Here's a Christmas picture of J opening up her first present!

12. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

Love everyone's Christmas pictures! HJ started CRAWLING a few days before Christmas. So hard to believe! We are now constantly trying to keep up with her.

We are still struggling with night sleep. We have never recovered from the 4 month regression and are now talking about doing some sleep training because I don't know how many more MOTN wakeups I can handle! We successful sleep trained for naps and I was hoping it would translate to night sleep but no luck so far.

In other news...I started my period today. I thought I would have a few more months off. Even though we are experimenting with some solids and I have spaced out her feedings to every 3-4 hours to try to improve our night sleep, I thought that would be enough breastfeeding to keep it at bay! I even called my OBGYN nurse line, I was in shock! She said it was "not normal but not unusual". Umm thanks! So I'm also going to start the mini pill. New mommas just can't catch a break, can we?

13. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@rpparker: Awesome with the crawling. J has a cold and has been coughing a lot at night. He's more into sitting than rolling. He definitely can do it because he throws himself around at me for feedings. At daycare, they said that he prefers to sit instead of roll. He sleeps on his back at home and daycare. He's definitely his own man. The doc said he'd be worried about the non rolling if he couldn't do it not wanting to do it is okay for now.

14. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rpparker: wow crawling!!! that's awesome!!! Jana still just likes to sit, but will roll around to get to where she wants!

Also I'm ebf still, but we do 2-3 meals per day of solids which she loves. but i've noticed that when I'm pumping now I'm not getting nearly as much milk as I used to.....i would pump 5-6 oz before, and now I'm working to get 3-4 oz. should i be concerned? Do I worry about formula at all? I only work 3 days a week, and I nurse on demand when I'm at home with her.

15. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: So cute!
    @rpparker: That's amazing with the crawling! W is so close to crawling. He can scoot himself backwards and rocks on all fours, but no forward progress yet. Only a matter of time. W's sleep is all over the place. Sometimes he will sttn, others he gets up a couple times. But, it's manageable.
    @cascademom: We are in a similar situation with W sitting. He has no time for it. He can do it, but really hates it. The doctor doesn't seem concerned.

On another note. I am going to be starting a new job in a couple weeks! Some complete non-sense happened at work and I decided that it is time for me to move on. Within 2-3 weeks, I applied, interview, and was offered a job! I'm really excited as this is a step up in career and pay for me. We have been definitely tight on finances with baby costs and this is going to help us out so much.

16. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

We are excited she is crawling but it's harder to keep up with her for sure so enjoy your time before they are all mobile!

@MrsBrewer: I wish I had some advice about your output now that you've started solids. HJ is still not really eating anything just playing with it so I don't think it's changed my milk production. I am going to have to start pumping again in February when I start my new job 2Xweek so it will be interesting to see if my output has changed since October.

@Eko: Congrats on the new job! Sounds like a great situation for you!

17. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@rpparker: so exciting with the crawling! E is so close! She gets up on all fours all the time and rocks and pushes but she just can't quite figure out the movement yet!

@Eko: Congrats on the new job! Sounds like it good new opportunity for you!

18. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@rpparker: definitely harder to keep up with them once they're mobile! Ellie started army crawling over a mo ago and for the last 2-3 wks she has been full on crawling and is now pulling herself up on things. She's so fast and sneaky!

Sleep has been pretty much non-existent over here. It's worse than when she was a new born. We're both exhausted! I'm hoping it's just because she has a really bad cold and has 2 new teeth.

19. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: ugh we have those sleeping days off and on. Last night was terrible.

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I can't believe these babies are over halfway done their first year!

21. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Eko: omg he's so cute❤️ Look at those teeth!!

Here's the aftermath of avocado and sweet potato 🙊 definitely need a highchair soon... caught one of the dogs stealing a piece of sweet potato off her tray lol.

22. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So I'm a week late but I agree @Eko:, I can't believe we have 7 month olds already! Ellie has mastered going from laying down to sitting on her own the last few days and has started pulling up in things.

We did our final Christmas celebration last night and despite being so young, Ellie seemed to really enjoy Christmas. She loved bows and ornaments and actually did a pretty good job unwrapping presents! We got some super cute pictures of her over the holidays!

23. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

so proud of these june babies! in the process of a big move but here's my happy boy. 20lbs at 7m.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: sooo cute! What foods do you give her? I am mostly during purees and would like to start doing a little blw. DH is just petrified of choking. haha.

@Mrs.KMM: Love the pictures! I was also surprised how much DS seemed to be into Christmas. He did pretty good unwrapping his gifts. It was mostly grabbing and trying to put wrapping paper in his mouth. haha.

@rosegold: Look at all that hair!!!

25. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: Yeah – every time she ripped off a piece of paper she tried to eat it. So we would just take it away and she would go at trying to rip another piece off!

26. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@Eko: She gets mostly soft squishy foods. I am so terrified of choking too! Everytime she's eating I sit right in her face and watch her like a hawk lol so far if she bites off a piece that's too big she'll just spit it out. She LOVES avocado. So far we've given her chunks of avo, banana, roasted sweet potato, spinach, a few of our spaghetti noodles, mashed potatoes a strip of bell pepper and a scrambled egg (she mostly just played with it). We just put everything on her tray and let her feed herself. We haven't been too consistent with it though. I'm just now trying to give her a little something at least once a day. She does a lot of coughing and gagging which is totally scary and freaks me out everytime! DH is way braver than me so I mostly do it when he's home lol

27. MamaB

cherry / 234 posts

Hello all! I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday! We did a LOT of traveling, and it was not easy. LO hates the car seat and we drove 35+ hours over the course of 10 days. Then on day 7 our wonderful sleeper started waking every 2 hours. 😭 We are in the midst of a sleep regression and I'm hoping it's just from all of the insane travel. She's started eating food via BLW. We've also done some purred food to up her intake (hoping it will help her sleep). Here are some new pictures!

28. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: @hocuspocus: @Mrs.KMM: @rosegold: @MamaB: seriously, what cuties!!!! love them all!

I can't believe I have a 7 month old!!! I'm going over to my friends house today, and she has a 12.5 month old (that i used to babysit with LO) and now 1 week old twins!! I have major baby fever and DH and I have been trying, buuuttt i wonder if visiting them will make me change my mind?? lol

29. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: I can't believe that my LO #2 is 7 months old. Even DH mentioned that the other day.

J had a rough New Year's Eve. He was in daycare when I got a call that his face was really red and itchy, possibly from sweet potatoes or formula. I brought him home, fed him, and napped. The next day, we fed him some formula where he got red again. He also spit up a lot onto DH like when he had reflux.

I went to Target while he napped and picked up soy formula. The redness has gone down and he's spitting up less. He's still congested from this cold and cough that won't quit. I'm hoping once the cold's gone, we'll see how he does with soy formula on the whole. It's more expensive, but if it helps with spit up and discomfort, I'm all for it.

30. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@cascademom: oh no!! I hope the soy formula works!! Strange that it just started all of a sudden, did you just switch formulas?

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: OMG I would die - 12.5 months and 1 week twins?! And you, BTW, are insane

32. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Yeah, we wondered about it starting all of a sudden too. We knew about the reflux happening, but it stopped. For the past month or so, he's spit up a lot at daycare. We've monitored it. He's had a cold, so didn't think much of it. It wasn't until he had a definite rash that we hoped changing formula and carefully introducing new solids could eliminate an allergic reaction. He spits up a lot less than he did before. I got spit up on this morning, but it wasn't too bad. Stupid mucus really messes with knowing what and why it's coming up.

33. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: yea lets just say the twins were a definite surprise for them! They wanted kids close together, and well that's what they got!!

Haha I may be a little insane, but I'm still EBF and haven't had my period, so I doubt I will get pregnant anytime soon. So when I say "trying" we just aren't prevention at all

34. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: OMG! 12.5 months and newborn twins would be insane! But I bet they are super cute. It is crazy - when we've gone to meet babies our friends have had since Ellie, it's amazing how quickly you forget that your own kid was so tiny!

Ellie went to the ped today to get a couple more shots (primarily her second flu shot dose). They weighed her at 22 lbs, 10 oz! 99th percentile!

35. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I love being able to just give her regular food!! Lunch today is Annie's Mac n cheese, diced carrots and broccoli!

36. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

Ellie has figured out how to stand up in her crib! We found her like this a nap time about a week ago (and promptly lowered the crib mattress)! She was so proud of herself though.

37. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Whenever we try to do that with Ellie, everything ends up smashed and on the floor. I don't think she actually gets anything in her mouth. She likes us to place real food pieces in her mouth for her though!

I think we need to do some more work on the pincher grasp so she can figure out how to feed herself pieces!

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Mrs.KMM: woah!!! Look at her!! Jana has no interest in standing by herself at all yet! Does your LO sit from laying down on her own?

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@MrsBrewer: Constantly! If you lay her down, she immediately sits up (and then tries to stand if there is something close enough to pull up on). She mastered both skills within days of each other right around the new year!

40. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

I think that we're teething here. For the past two nights, LO #2 has woke up screaming while asleep. It happened 3 times last night. I'm so tired right now. Tomorrow, I have to go into work.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee