Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Quinn started walking just before her birthday. She was taking steps before then but not walking much. She's maybe 50-50 now? Maybe more walking? It just happened overnight in some ways. Was cruising along things and then just did it.

2. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@MrsBrewer: No walking or standing here yet. He learned how to do stairs this weekend which is awesome. We have two steps in our entry way and we've been chasing him away from them for months.

3. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Corduroy: we are working on stairs now. she can go up ok, still really wobbly, but still no idea how to go down.

4. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Every baby is different! M was walking at 11 months, and runs now and it's much more difficult to keep her contained. In contrast, she still is slow on the solids whereas I see my mom friends posting these full blown meals their babies eat all the time!

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: W started walking about a week after his first birthday. He wasnt standing on his own much before he decided to walk. He just learned about a week ago how to stand without pulling himself up with something and since he did that he walks about 80% of the time now. It really did happen overnight so I wouldn't be too worried.

6. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: I agree every baby is different. E wasn't standing on her own without holding onto something before she took her first steps. She took her first steps at 9mos one day she just got up from the floor and went for it. I miss the days when she wasn't fully mobile and getting into trouble. Where did my baby go?! she's such a big girl now.

7. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Does anyone's lo still nurse a lot and wake up quite a bit at night? Ellie isn't really slowing down on nursing and she eats quite a bit of solids. She wakes up like 2-3 times. Night still. I'm starting to think she's never going to STTN

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@hocuspocus: Sounds like a comfort thing to me. I don't nurse and W doesn't eat in the middle of the night, but he will sometimes wake up 1-2 times a night because he's just looking for me. When he wakes up usually I give him his pacifier and I'll rock him back to sleep, which takes 2 minutes and then put him back in his crib. Sometimes I'm able just to give him a pacifier without picking him up. But, we are right now in a tough spot because he has 4 molars coming in so everything normal is out the window for us right now.

9. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@MrsBrewer: H is walking now 90% of the time. I'd say last week was 60-70%, and the week before that, 40-50%. She started about a month ago.

@dc yoga bee: H really had trouble with solids (gagging and choking a lot) until about 11.5 months and then all of a sudden, she was cool with everything. Now she eats full blown meals... at a party this morning, she was grabbing fistfulls of pasta salad, veggies, pizza, etc.

@hocuspocus: that seems like a lot. are you letting her cry for very long before you get her? Or do you co-sleep? My first daughter did that and I think it was mostly habit. H is better, but still wakes up and cries here and there. I usually don't go in unless she's full on crying. She usually wakes up and cries, then goes back to sleep at least once a night, sometimes twice. I end up having to go in and give her a small bottle of milk maybe 3x a week. I do think she is teething. She won't take a pacifier and she cries when I give her water, so not sure what is best. My oldest did the same thing as a baby and I gave in and gave her milk too. She seems to have turned out ok, lol.

Yeah, so H is still getting some bottles, even during the day. She HATES sippy cups with a passion, and I've tried a bunch. Not sure how to move her forward on that. I sent only sippy cups to daycare and she refused to drink all day. Finally, they told me to keep sending bottles.

10. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Tonight is the night. I'm weaning LO. We are down to only nursing at night and I really want to et pregnant again soon. So tonight is it, and I'm really sad

11. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@MrsBrewer: :Hugs: it's so emotional. We daytime weaned this weekend after a backslide into every 10 minute nursing that was driving me crazy. We'll be fully weaning soon.

This weekend DS got his first hair cut. It was DD (3yo) first cut too. I didn't want to get sad twice about my babies growing up so we did it together.

12. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Corduroy: aww!!! Hair cuts!! Did you take before and after pictures??

13. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

How's everyone doing?? What's going on with all of your LOs?

Q is walking, tantrum-ing, daytime cow's milk drinking... I'm still BFing, pumping once, no period and no idea about TTC #2. That's us in a nutshell lol.

14. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

DS isn't walking, not even standing on his own, but he is a climber. He finally said mama this week!

We're having early wake ups for the day 3:30-4:30 and poop issues. It's 7:30 and I've already changed 5 poopy diapers. Good thing DS is cute and cuddly!! We're working with the ped and moving on to a GI doc next week I think.

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: OMG so early! And so much poop. Is it allergy related or unknown?

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: hi!! M is 14 months, getting into everything, still petite as ever. She's eating much better better now, and is starting ballet next mo th! This is the first month TTC #2!

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: OMG ballet? Already??

18. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I know right!! Baby ballet! I'll let you know how it goes. She's always dancing. $92 a month!

19. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: J isn't walking yet either. He's pulling up on everything and using the walker. He loves to pull up and beg for his brother's food. I'm hoping by the end of the month, he'll start walking.

20. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

E is walking, climbing and tantrum-Ing also! She's also getting her first molars in and holy moly it's been rough! Thinking about ttc in a few mos.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

What convertible car seats does everyone have? We're borderline overdue to move her and I'm indecisive.

22. anniefannie

grape / 78 posts

@LindsayInNY: we got the Cosco Senera Next for travel and the Diono Radian RXT for our car. Love them both. We just took the Cosco for a trip down to North Carolina and it was AMAZING. It's easy to install in taxis/ubers/other people's cars, and it was super light to carry around at the airport.

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: hey! We are good here!

J is 14 months, no walking yet, but she will climb and walk behind her walker or if you hold her hands. She also only has 3 teeth! Hahah

We have the Evenflo symphony convertible. Love it!! But we have the Cosco Scenera for gma and babysitter!

24. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: They don't know what is causing the frequent poops. The ped thought it was due to a cold & post nasal drip for 2 or 3 months. I always suspected allergy. LO got blood drawn this morning and I have to submit 4 stool samples - without diaper cream. Wouldn't you know it, after months of pooping all the freakin time he hasn't pooped since I was given the specimen cups.

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: We are doing good over here. W is walking, babbling, eating fool. He loves trying to play with the big Kids on the playground. His favorite thing to do is climb stairs. He says mama, daddy, and is trying to say kitty, and gets part of our cats name out; Kaya. We are into a never ending battle with his teeth. He has them all in except 3. His 4 molars came in at once. I'm waiting for this saga to be over. Also, we upgraded him to the chicco nextfit at 11 months. We will keep that until he reaches the height requirement then our friend gave us a Recaro for the next seat.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: OMG all his teeth?! That's crazy!!

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: Yup! I may have misjudged his second molars. Looks like he should get those around 2 years. So, he is missing his second molars and 2 incisors (the other two just popped through). He has a total of 14 teeth right now.

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Those of you with 2+ kids... What age should I start thinking about potty training? A friend with a 16 or 17 month old has a little potty and her daughter used it this weekend. I realized I know nothing about this!

29. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: 2 years old. They can communicate and you can notice the signs of pee and poop better. At this age right now, you can notice their pooping more than the pee. Some kids pick up on it earlier than others. E caught onto potty training around 2 years with the help of his daycare. The first months weren't easy though. With boys, nighttime dryness can take months and months longer. Within the past year from 3-4 years old, nighttime dryness has happened for us. He also knows to go potty himself at night if he has to, but it took a lot of work to get there.

30. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

How's everyone doing?

Holly is doing well, starting to talk a little bit more. She now says, no, more, uh oh, hi, bye, mama, dada, juju (Julia), dodo (dog), and shoe.

She's a great eater and is doing pretty well sleeping. She's into everything though! Her big sister is still great with her. I guess her only issue is being a mama's girl and crying whenever I leave the room. She's usually fine after a minute or two, but it makes me sad! She's doing much better with daycare drop off though.

Hope you are all well!

31. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@78h2o: glad to hear everything is going so well!

We are doing really good over here. W has no issues with eating or sleeping. We are in a really good groove. We are in the process of buying a house so everything is chaotic, messy, and just toys everywhere. He says a few words like mama, daddy, Kaya (our cat), Itty (kitty), hi, that, Patty (like patty cake).

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@78h2o: we are well! Maya started ballet a couple weeks ago! She can say about 12 words, wears 12-18months, and was 20% weight, and 70% height at her last apt. She turned 16 months Saturday, and we start potty training next month. We've also had some terrible two tantrums appear 😤😫

33. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: glad to hear things are going well!
    @dc yoga bee: oh my gosh, she is so cute!!! I can't believe you are starting potty training already! wow!

34. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@dc yoga bee: So cute!!

DS started walking last week. He finally learned to stand up this weekend so I think he'll be unstoppable now. He says a few words but the only one that is super clear is "nnnnnnOOOOOOO". Everything is no. He eats a lot but prefers to sleep when he's tired so he often goes to sleep without dinner. DD was the opposite and often fell asleep eating and continued to eat in her sleep. We're still nursing once a day before bed and constipation/holding is still an issue a month into Miralax use.

35. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

Here's a recent pic.

36. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@Corduroy: @78h2o: @dc yoga bee: My guy is close to walking at 16 months old. He scoots like crazy on his walking toy but loves to crawl. Everyone tells me that crawling is good for him, but I'd love if he'd walk, so I wouldn't worry so much. He climbs stairs like crazy. He's so stubborn.

Yoga bee: good luck with potty training. I hope that she doesn't regress if it's too soon to start it. With our first, we didn't do it until 27 months or so when he was really ready and got it. Some kids just don't do the potty thing until 3 years old. With J, I'm thinking by 2 years old or 2.5 to start with him.

37. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

We are doing great here! I seriously love this age right now! J is starting to communicate more, sleeps great, and is still taking 2 naps a day. Love it!!

I love reading everyone's updates!! I miss you girls so much, I forget to post on here, we should keep this thread alive!!

Oh and I just found out I'm pregnant with #2! Kind of crazy, my due date is 4 days after LO1's 2nd birthday!

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: @78h2o: love the pictures!! These girls are dolls!!

39. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@MrsBrewer: Congrats! That's awesome news!

Here's a recent pic of J.

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: congrats again!!!

@78h2o: So cute!!!!!! Love those pants!

@cascademom: My MIL thought it was crazy, and my mom thought she was crazy because we were both potty trained at 18 months. Our pediatrician said it's a cultural thing, African-Americans tend to potty train around 18 months in her experience!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee