Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@dc yoga bee: Really? That's fascinating. It was a struggle at 2 years old. Good luck at 18 months old for it. I've heard that girls are a little easier to potty train than boys. It took a good 1.5 years before overnights weren't a problem with DS #1

2. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: wow that's so interesting! I had no idea any babies were potty trained that early!! You will have to share tips/tricks!!

Here's a recent Pic of J

3. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: too cute!!!!

@cascademom: @MrsBrewer: Lol @ fascinating! And to me it's no big deal. One of my admin was just asking me if we are starting potty training yet today, and she's African-American. I'm by no means saying ALL black people potty train their kids by a certain age, it's just not unusual according to my pediatrician and purely anecdotal evidence (I.e. Family and friends!)

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@dc yoga bee: definitely let us all know how potty training goes!!!! I have a feeling my guy us going to start before 2.

W has figured out how to open the toilet seat lid and has proceeded to try to throw everything in the toilet. He actually ran into the bathroom and threw his blocks into the toilet while DH was peeing!!

Here is W giving wicked side eye to other kids on the playground

5. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: That look he's giving is priceless!!!!

6. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Here's an updated pic of my DD

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Is anyone else still BFing? Trying to think of an end date... DH is on the 18 month team but I just don't know?

8. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: still BFing here... Not sure when we're going to stop either.

9. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: We're down to once a day at bedtime. I'm ready to be done but I keep chickening out. DS is so demanding. His 'I want my mommy' fits are outrageous and I never want to deal with it while cooking dinner and dealing with LO1.

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Corduroy: We're AM and PM now but whenever we have a babysitter, she's fine with a sippy of cow's milk also - or just won't take any.

11. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: DS is also fine if I'm gone. I even went on a 3 day business trip last month and he was fine. I was hoping to wean totally on that trip but my boobs weren't ready (I got a couple clogs even with pumping) and neither was DS. At least that trip helped me cut out the morning session.

12. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

Ellie Rose's first trip to the pumpkin patch! She had a blast!

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hocuspocus: Love that smile!!! Gorgeous picture of her!

@dc yoga bee: I don't remember when you said you were thinking about it, but did you start potty training? I was totally thinking about you!

14. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: interestingly enough, Maya was hospitalized over the weekend. It was pretty traumatic. Had to have an IV, fever was 106, and they don't know if it was pneumonia or what. She's finally on the mend, so we will see in a fee weeks how she's doing before starting! She will be 17 months the 24th.

15. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: oh my goodness!!!! that sounds awful!!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! How is she doing now??

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: she's fine now!

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: Aww good!! She is suuuuch a doll!! And I have to say....white pants?!?! You are BRAVE mama!! Or you have miracle stain remover! I am petrified of white!!

18. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

Got our fall family pics done! One of my favs!

19. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsBrewer: beautiful picture and family!!

20. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@dc yoga bee: ❤❤️Thank you!!

21. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@MrsBrewer: LOVE it!

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsBrewer: Love it!!

@dc yoga bee: Did you guys start potty training?

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: We are waiting until First of the year. I'm in the middle of litigation, and the in-laws are coming up during the holidays. I don't really want my mil all up in my business!

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Update: Every single time M pees or poops, she points to her privates. If you asked her if she peed she says yeah. Every.single.time. We are starting potty training tomorrow.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

What's everyone doing for xmas gifts?

26. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@dc yoga bee: How's potty training going? I can't wait until the day I don't have to change diapers for a while lol DD will run to her room where we change her diaper every time she goes and she'll say "stinky" after she goes potty but I don't think she's ready yet. She still seems terrified of the toilet lol

@LindsayInNY: So far we have some books, a programmable Elmo doll (DD is OBSESSED) bath toys, ABC blocks, a couple little melissa and doug puzzles and a little table and chairs. Thinking of getting her a few more toys since she's outgrown most of the ones she has now but have no clue what to get her.

27. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

James is finally walking. It's been about a month. The night that we dropped the kids off to my parents before my surgery, he started walking at the Oasis. Over the past few weeks, his walking has increased.

Today, I had his intake appointment for early intervention. He's getting evaluated in a week or two, then we'll see what his plan is. He doesn't have any identifiable words, so we're hoping that speech therapy will help.

For Christmas, he's getting cars and blocks. He loves anything with wheels on them. He also loves to stack stuff too.

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Did you ever potty train?

Anyone else?

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: we bought a potty to get used to sitting on it and identifying it. I don't think we are there yet though, but soon.

30. cascademom

coconut / 8861 posts

@LindsayInNY: Since J is behind in language, I have a feeling that it'll be another year of diapers until he can communicate potty needs. Next week, we go to the ENT for the tubes discussion. I think it'll help with language, then potty training.

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Eko: We bought a seat for our toilet a couple months ago and she definitely seems to be giving me cues (from what I can tell at least). But I don't know what to do or where to begin!

32. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: yeah. I feel pretty clueless too. Will isn't quite there verbally so we aren't pushing it. He seems kinda ready though. He sometimes doesn't go in the middle of night and points to his diaper when he goes potty and understands the word potty.

33. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: DD is oficially potty trained we started about 1 week before her bday. It took about 5 days. We decided to just skip pull ups and go for it. We got lots of little undies and not going to lie the first day I was ready to give up. She had about 5 accidents the first day and would only poop on the toilet. It gradually got better. I just rolled up all the rugs and mentally prepared myself to clean up a lot of messes lol. I was shocked how fast she caught on though. She was showing a little interest before we started. We had a potty ring for a while and she would say go potty and put her dolls on it. So she kind of understood. Now we use pull ups at night just to be safe but she wakes up dry most of the time.

Can't believe our babies are 2!! Here's a recent picture from Ellie's birthday. Hope everyone is doing well! ❤

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee