Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Gear Updates, Ideas, Deals, Etc

1. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: it is back! It is called serenity. Grab one! Abby's lane.

2. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: I can't find them I searched all over abby's Lane so either I'm blind (possible!) or I missed it.

3. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: Tomorrow, sorry. I messed up.
    From their newsletter (sign up, you get 5% off almost everything): And I believe 7pm EST, they are in Virginia.
    "This Thursday, 5/5, at 7 pm we are very excited to release one final run of Serenity and Sophie in many styles of diapers, as well as one final run of Strut in one size simplex. They will be released in this special link for quick shopping (images and descriptions will be added soon)"

4. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: No worries! That's good news. I figured it sold out quick or something. I've signed up for their newsletter so I should get the link... And I just saw they posted on their FB too! Wish me luck then!

5. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: and I clicked to slow... I had one in my cart clicked checked out and it went away. Oh well it's not meant to be I guess. But thanks for trying!

6. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: oh no!

7. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

If you need to get a monitor still or any electronics Best Buy prices matches Amazon! You have to call them but they took 25 dollars of the monitor we were getting to match Amazon's price!

We were going to get it at Best Buy because we had some rewards certificates to use up so it was going to be cheaper but with the price match we ended up paying less then 100 bucks for an almost $200 monitor!

8. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: wow!

9. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@RKitty: That's a great deal!!

10. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

I don't know what to do! Since we switched our oldest to toddler bed, we started using monitor again, and I figured we would buy a second camera - damn second camera is only $20 cheaper than the original set!! And it's not even that great of quality so I really don't want to pay $80 for it

11. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@runnerd: That stinks!!

12. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@runnerd: Maybe look on Ebay or craigslist and see if you can get a second camera second hand?

13. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

So I don't know about D&D (DH had to tell me what this was)....
    but this
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/htri/?rrec=true&pfm=Recs_Product_AlsoBought_htri_2

Looks like such a great diaper bag!

14. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@pastemoo: If it really was a bag of holding I'd get - dragon hide ethically sourced or not...

15. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@RKitty: haha

16. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: http://kids.woot.com/?ref=w_gh_kd_8 monitor!
    (today only)

17. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Does any one have any opinions on bottle warmers or recommendations?

18. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@RKitty: we never used a bottle warmer. If anything we took the chill off by placing the bottle in a glass of warm water. DS didn't mind cold BM or formula.

19. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@RKitty: I never found it necessary - sticking it in a cup of warm water did the trick. But, I mostly breastfed. It might be helpful if you're planning to pump or formula feed.

20. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: we FF and just let him be accustomed to cold formula from the beginning; not sure if it's a bigger problem when BF. I loved that we didn't have to fuss over temperature. He would always accept cold or room temp.

21. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Good to know! I wasn't really planning on one... but then I saw they were only 20-30 bucks and figured that wasn't to bad. But we'll try it with out one and go from there.

22. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@RKitty: Funny, both my mother and mil thought it was terrible that we were giving DS cold BM & formula bottles. Must be generational?

23. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Alba4: It's weird how some things are and some things aren't... I remember heating up bottles for my younger brothers... It might come down to if the kid cares or not!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee