Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: yes symptom spotting is the worst!

@Ree723: that sounds stressful knowing your husband is that far away every day and wondering when labor timing will be! did you go to your due date with your first two?

I'm feeling super pumped after my appointment this morning!! Which isn't a good thing, because I'll probably be let down! lol. anyways, last Friday I was almost 2cm, 0% effaced, baby high; today I was 3cm, 50% effaced, and baby had dropped at least some. I know, I KNOW, all those things don't necessarily mean anything, but I was 0 everything and baby high when I was induced with my first so it's exciting to see so much progress in 5 days.

I asked about membrane sweep and she was a fan of them being effective if you are nearing labor, and gave me one since my cervix was favorable. So now 48 hour waiting game to see if anything comes from it, lol.

-38w6d

2. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@runnerd: yay!!

3. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@runnerd: yay!!

My contractions are regular, but not close enough. Not sure if this will happen in 48 hrs.

4. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Alba4: I'd say you might have a baby coming your way before long! The bloody show was my 24 hr warning sign and if you're having regular contractions now.....well, we'll just say I'm looking forward to reading a baby announcement post from you soon!

@runnerd: I had DD1 on my due date and DD2 was born 8 hrs past her due date, both labours started naturally, so I'm expecting this one to be prompt too! Great news about your progress this morning!! Hope the membrane sweep works for you!

5. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Ree723: still waiting!!! I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug this morning. I've had contractions all day long, but they are still not 5 minutes apart. More like 10-15 minutes. I felt off today, so I'm hoping something will get started over the next couple of days.

I'm planning on getting a pedicure tomorrow and taking a walk. Maybe this will get things moving. My OB is on call tomorrow and id love to deliver with her!

How are the remaining pregnant mamas feeling?

6. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Alba4: I meant to check on you! Was hoping things had moved for you!

I've just been crampy since yesterday with a few random pains and irregular contractions. I'm feeling discouraged and super SUPER grumpy today. With my first, I was induced at 39w1d, so I'm getting close to being more pregnant than I have been before and that's depressing me.

-39w

7. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Alba4: Don't forget the spicy food and Chinese food!

My bump dropped down... noticeably. Which triggered a mini panic attack and whirlwind of cleaning last night... I know it means I still could have two weeks or more.... But I'm still glad to have my doc appointment in the morning! My hubby got all excited by it though, it was cute.

Most of today though he was lopsided, one side of my belly protruded farther then other... very annoying...

-38w 3d

8. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@RKitty: I guess it can't hurt. Too much spice has been giving me heartburn, so I've been avoiding it.

@runnerd: Hang in there!!!
    I need to be patient. #1 didn't come until 38w6d and I'm only 38w2d. As time passes, all I keep think is 9 lbs, 9 1/2 lbs, 10 lbs. lol.

9. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: haha! my belly dropped some last weekend, and I felt that panic to clean the house as well

@Alba4: lol! my first was under 7lb, so even 8lbs sounds scary to me.

well I lost some of my mucus plug in the middle of the night, then another large amount just now. I'm taking it as a good sign that at least things are moving in right direction. oh, and my 48 hours since membrane sweep passed about 2 hours ago - boo!

-39w1d

10. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Alba4: I feel you on the heartburn! Hopefully your walk and pedicure helps to get things going!

@runnerd: I'm glad I'm not alone! Though last night I came home and looked around the house saw the things to clean and went to bed instead. Sounds like things are moving along for you.

Really only thing that changed from this appointment from my last is the baby's head is now at -1 but nothing else has progressed. My doc said it's looking like due date is going to be pretty accurate! Less then two more weeks to go....

11. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Dr. Pepper: just realized hadn't heard from you recently! How are things going??

12. Dr. Pepper

apricot / 461 posts

@runnerd: Hey! Thanks for thinking of me. It has been a crazy week.

Harry Nicholas Hanson was born on Tuesday 6/14 at 12:41pm. He was 5 lbs 15.8 oz and 19.5 inches long. I will type up more of a story later, but let me entice you all by saying it is quite dramatic and we almost didn't have a baby to take home. We are very lucky parents and most definitely had someone looking out for us. Mom and baby are home and healthy now.

13. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Congratulations on the arrival of your little boy! I'm sorry to hear you had a very scary birth experience but I'm glad you're both doing well now! Enjoy the newborn snuggles!

@runnerd: How are you doing? I'm sorry the membrane sweep hasn't kick started labour yet, but losing the mucus plug sounds like a good step in the right direction!

@RKitty: Glad you're doing well and baby is making his way down! Hope things continue progressing for you!

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo here with nothing going on! I'm still three days away from my due date but I feel as though I'm about ten days overdue! Lots of BH and feeling as though I'm a hundred year old lady hobbling around, but nothing to make me think labour is coming any time soon. I know my other two came on their due dates(-ish) so I don't know why I'm expecting this one to be any different, but it just feels like ages away still! I have my 40 week midwife appt tomorrow but they don't do internal checks here until past due so I know I won't be getting a membrane sweep or finding out how dilated I am. Given it's my third, I'm assuming I'd at least have made some progress by now, right?! I hope?!!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys Father's Day with all the new daddies and daddies to be!

~39w 4d

14. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Dr. Pepper: congrats! Glad to hear both mom and baby are healthy, despite a dramatic birth story!! Love his name.

15. Madyetbeautiful

coffee bean / 30 posts

@Dr Pepper: Congratulations! Hope all is going well now.

@Alba4: I am right there with you on thinking '8lbs', '9lbs'.... the further along we go!

@Ree723: I'm in the same position - no internals, which I'm partly glad about, but equally feeling 'in the dark' about progression.

Promised myself I'd try not to moan, but am so ready for baby to arrive now - feeling completely immobile, bloated, waterlogged, swollen feet, acid reflux and heavy baby. Trying to carry on as normal(ish) but no one wants to do anything 'in case' he arrives, which is massively increasing the limbo feeling. Also getting into the 'might be our last weekend to do x' or 'last chance to do y' conversation.

He seems to be hanging out super low, so hopefully that's a good sign, but is making me want to pee every 2 minutes... This morning I seem to be able to add insomniac to my list, which is not going to help with the emotion rollercoaster that's started again (irritability/weepy). Aaargh, come on baby!!! Would just like him to be here safely now. Hubby has been readying his paternity leave handover for about 3 weeks, feel bad telling him it could be another 1-3 weeks yet!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

38+6

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Congrats! I'm so sorry about your scary birth, I'm sure you're holding him a bit tighter now.

17. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Dr. Pepper: Congrats! I'm sorry your experience was so scary!

18. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: Hang in there! Delivery shouldn't be too far away!

19. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Alright ladies, after posting just a few hours ago that absolutely nothing was going on here, we may have some movement on the cards! Just lost a big chunk of the mucus plug, tinged with a little bit of old blood....with both of my girls, that was my warning sign that labour was soon to start. With DD1, it happened on a Wednesday morning, mild contractions started that afternoon, and proper labour started at 2:00 am Thursday. With DD2, it happened on a Tuesday morning, mild contractions started at 10:00 pm that night, and proper labour began at 2:30 Wednesday morning... So if history is repeating itself, I can expect to be having this baby tomorrow?!?! Watch, this will be the time that is different and I'll still be hanging out here next week!

Trying not to get too excited/nervous but it's hard not to! The big question will be whether or not DH goes to work tomorrow if nothing has changed, bearing in mind how long it would take him to get back....

20. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Ree723: exciting!! Keep us posted!

21. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Dr. Pepper: that sounds so scary! I'm sorry you had to experience that but so happy he arrived safely.

22. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Madyetbeautiful: hope baby comes soon! Hang in there!!

23. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Dr. Pepper: oh man, congrats!!! That was not at all the update I expecting from you! So glad everyone is well.

@Madyetbeautiful: I think we are on a similar symptom boat! I'm so tired of the cycle of being "ready to go" then having to start over with cleaning/groceries etc lol.

@Ree723: FX that history is repeating!!! I'm going to be jealous since I lost mine Fri and yesterday and still nothing

I was so sure I was having really early labor symptoms yesterday. I lost 2lbs since last time I weighed, felt nauseous, irregular contractions, just moody, then after an hour or two it all fizzled out boo!!

Oh and I'm officially pregnant longer than ever. I had LO #1 at 39w2d after induction.

39w3d - 4 days to due date!

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: that's exciting!! Hope to hear an update from you soon!

25. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Argh, still in limbo here.....been losing bits and pieces of very faintly blood tinged mucus plug (sorry for the tmi, gross, I know) on and off throughout the day, and now this evening I think I may be having some mild contractions but I just don't know for sure! I would randomly feel some cramping and stop to think oh, that might be a contraction, but then I'd get distracted with my girls again or whatever and forget to pay attention to the contraction to see how long it lasted or how frequently they were coming.

I've been laying down (it's after midnight here) now and using my contraction timer to see if I can get a discernible pattern but they're still pretty mild and fairly spaced out. I just want a definitive answer whether or not labour is starting before 6:00 am as that is when DH leaves for work!

Fingers crossed things progress, I'm ready to meet this baby and find out if it's a girl or a boy!!

26. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@Ree723: exciting!!! Try to sleep in case it's the real deal

I was crampy on Thursday and Friday evenings, ended up calling the OBs on Friday. They said to come in (an hour away) if I thought I needed to be checked (my c section is this friday). So I opted to chug water and have a Tylenol and I felt better. Hoping I make it to friday!

27. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Ree723: Good luck! I think once you have time able contractions you will know and not get distracted. Hopefully it is soon!

28. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

So I was up half the night with timetable contractions, about ten minutes apart and not super painful, but definitive contractions. Unfortunately, they tapered off around 6:00 am but are now kicking back in a bit (it's noon here). They are more consistent and stronger when I'm standing or walking around, but they are still coming at about ten minute intervals when I'm sitting. DH took the day off work, just in case, and now I'm stressing that nothing is going to happen today and he will have wasted a day of paternity leave.

I'm also stressing that DD1's birthday is tomorrow and I really, really didn't want them to share a birthday! Ugh, I wish this baby would just get a move on so I could know for sure that I am in labour (I'm pretty sure I am by still just early stages), and not stress about DH wasting a day off work, and not have to worry about DD's birthday tomorrow!

I had a midwife appt today and she thinks it all sounds like it's on, but did say that third babies tend to be little pickles. They can either be super easy labours, or wreak a bit a havoc! Hoping for the former.....will keep you all posted!

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Ree723: that does sound stressful! I hope baby comes today! Wishing for an easy labor and delivery for you!!

30. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Ree723: sending you positive vibes!!! Hope today is the day!!

31. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Ree723: I hope this is it!!

32. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Argh, I am getting so annoyed! Contractions still pretty much exactly ten minutes apart, not lasting that long (about 40 seconds), but they are moderately painful. They increase in frequency if I'm moving around but settle back into their ten minute pattern as soon as I sit down.

I told DH he needs to go to work tomorrow if I'm not in full blown labour but I'm super nervous that labour will kick off and be super fast and he'll miss the whole thing...

Anyway, thanks for all the well wishes ladies! I was hoping to give a more positive update but looks like I'm in for another night stuck in limbo.

33. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@Ree723: any updates??

34. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Ree723: Hugs. This is what I had June 1-6 Hope it picks up today!

35. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: how are you?

36. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@pastemoo: good! Hanging in there. Hopefully I'm making it to Friday

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Mrs. Champagne:

38. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@runnerd: Update in the labour watch thread

39. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@RKitty: @Madyetbeautiful: @Mrs. Champagne: so is it pretty much just us ladies waiting to cross to the other side?

I thought I was having contractions this afternoon and got hopeful, but as usual they fizzled out.

I scheduled to go in and have my waters broke on my due date (6/23) and really thought I would go into labor before then with all the pre labor signs I had the past week, but I'm down to about 36 hours left for that to happen

40. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Ree723: Congrats on your very punctual babies!

@runnerd: I'm still hanging in there... If your water is schedule to be broke on the 23rd and @Mrs. Champagne: has her C-Section scheduled on Friday... @Madyetbeautiful: and I will be neck in neck for the last June baby.

I haven't had any signs of labor other then the baby dropping and at my last appointment my doc said he was figuring due date or a little after. Makes me feel so behind. I just hope he doesn't come on the 4th....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee