Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

From what I've read @ 7-8 weeks baby's bedtime should fall between 7-9 pm. I try to follow his cues, but that time falls during older bro's bedtime. It's a juggling act.

2. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: DS's bedtime is usually between 8 and 9 but sometimes it's earlier or later. It's gotten earlier on its own as his initial night stretches have lengthened.

@Alba4: thanks! I'll check out that book!

3. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

Baby went in for 2 month shots today. It's always sad when they are so happy right before the shots.

I've noticed he's been drooling a lot lately. I don't really expect teeth soon so I guess we'll be dealing with drool for a long time.

4. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: same here I definitely let out a few tears too. Luckily she hasn't been too fussy since then.

5. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: Yeah, So sad.
    Drooling started yesterday, at daycare. 10 weeks now.

PPA going strong, and the pharmacy part of my insurance isn't working, looking for one of those coupons to get it cheap for cash. Ugh. Trying to keep up with everyone but not really in the right headspace. Sorry mamas.

6. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@pastemoo: I noticed the drooling too just today (almost 9 weeks old). I figure teeth are really far away, since DS 1 didn't even get a tooth until close to 10 months!

Glad you are getting help for PPA. How is daycare going? We start on 9/8 😢.

Things are going pretty well here. I'm feeling like I've found my groove with my 2 boys, although I majorly freaked out 2 days ago in re: to going back to work so soon. I haven't worked since Jan and I'm just feeling anxious about the change. I also feel horrible about putting an 11 week old in daycare, even if it's only 2 days a week. I just wish I could afford to take more time. Those living in Canada & England: I'm so so jealous!

7. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@MrsKRB: the past week or so LO goes to bed at 7:30 for his first stretch. He's basically a little cranky butt from 5:30pm until then. Poor DH since that's his only time with him during week. He was previously staying up until around 8:30 before we did bedtime

8. runnerd

pear / 1593 posts

@brownepiano: we have drooling starting over here too. And like @Alba4: first didn't get tooth until 11 months so not expecting anything.

Tomorrow I'm taking both kids to Doctor - 2 year and 2 month appointments/shots!! Wish me luck.

And I just CANNOT keep up to respond timely on this thread so I sort of gave up! I just am much more spacey/discombobulated with two kids haha.

9. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@Alba4: I went back at 6 weeks, and she stayed home with dad for 3 weeks. This week she started real daycare away from home and she is doing better than I am. Drop off is the WORST! I cried the first day. I have stopped in on my lunch break already. But I know it's good for me to be back. Hugs. It's hard going back.
    @runnerd: Good luck with shots! And with the 2yo not freaking out watching baby get shots. :o What are you bringing with to the appointment?

10. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@runnerd: I took my 2 year old to the 2 month appointment/shots and he did really well! Granted, it wasn't an appointment for him. I have my first double appointment October. Good luck!

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: sorry about the PPA I hope you feel better soon!

I'm dreading going back to work too, although I still have under 6 weeks left. I know once we get into a routine it will be fine though, it will just be hard to get that to point!

I don't want to jinx it, but dd is has been sleeping 930-4a and then again until 8 the past 3 nights! We've also been putting her down drowsy and she puts herself to sleep within 10-15 minutes. Naps are another story!!

12. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: 9:30-4!!! What's your secret? Amazing!

@runnerd: I have our 3 yr/2 month joint dr appointment on Tues. my husband is coming though, to make it easier!

13. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@pastemoo: glad you are getting help for your PPA....sorry that insurance is being annoying!!

@Alba4: yay for finding a groove!!!

@runnerd: I feel bad too....DH is home for more cranky time than happy time most nights as well.

Doing ok over here. 12 weeks next Tuesday....I don't know where the time has gone!!! We did pro pics on monday and 95% of the time the kids wouldn't smile. It was hilarious considering how much they smile on a typical day. But I still can't wait to see the photos!!!!

DD had an ultrasound on her hips last week and I was supposed to give her a bottle during the exam presumably for comfort
    I played dumb & didn't bring one. Nursed her immediately before the appointment & hoped she would be cooperative. Well she screamed through the whole thing!! We go back again in 2 weeks and will see the same doctor....so I can't play dumb. I still don't want to do the bottle because she'll basically be chugging it on her back. 100% opposite of paced feeding. Also she'll probably puke afterward. I kinda want to use a paci instead but we haven't given her one yet. Anyone have experience using a paci during medical procedures for comfort? Or anyone do the bottle thing and not feel like their kids was chugging?

14. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: I wish I had one, haha! Truthfully, she's always been a pretty good sleeper (at night), with 4 hour stretches from birth. The only thing we changed was putting her down drowsy instead of asleep, I read that it helps them sleep longer.

15. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@pastemoo: sorry about the PPA I'm struggling, too. Did you have it with your first? I didn't so it's all new to me. Are you on meds and nursing? I have an appt mid sept, but nervous about taking anything while nursing.

16. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Alba4: I'm not looking forward to going back to work either. I feel like I've been away forever so I'm out of the work groove, and it will be a huge adjustment not being at home all day with LO. I'm already sad about missing out on all that time with him.

@pastemoo: sorry about PPA. Hope you start feeling better soon!

@MrsKRB: wow that's amazing! Does she sleep in the crib in her own room at night?

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: She's still in a pack n play in our room, next step is to move her into her own crib - probably next week since it's not as hot any more (our room as the AC). I don't want to though, I will miss her! haha.

18. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: we took my older son to an osteopath for craniosacrum therapy and I'd either nurse or bottle feed through his appointment for comfort. Don't worry about chugging... It's better than the screaming in my opinion. How is she doing with her hip brace?

19. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: I'm supposed to be starting back in September. I set my own schedule, but my guy has been so inconsistent it's making me anxious about how it will all work out. I just need to take the plunge and figure it out!

Lo got through his latest round of wonder week/growth spurt and only woke up once last night! I can handle the 45 min naps if it means more nighttime sleep.

20. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: it will work out!

21. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: I didn't with my first. Will try to find a cheap pharmacy to get the meds for cash, this weekend. You can PM or email me.

22. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@meadow: put on a glove and have baby suck your finger, works better than a paci if paci introduction isn't going well.
    as a medical student, that is what the doctors and many other medical workers do to help babies through procedures. literally never heard of the bottle thing.

23. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

How is your baby in the car? Mine hates his car seat and freaks out after 20 minutes. I wonder if he just overheats? My first always slept in the car seat so this is new to me!

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: mine is ok for the most part unless she's tired, then she will scream until she falls asleep. I thought babys loved the car!

25. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: mine hates it. He's OK in the seat if he can see us (so in the stroller etc). But after less than 5 min in the car he cries until he falls asleep. And if it isn't time to sleep, he cries every time we stop moving. And he cries every time he loses the pacifier in the car until he passes out. And he cries as soon as he wakes up. But there are these magical moments when being in the car or stroller helps him connect sleep cycles and he actually sleeps for more than 45 min.

26. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: she's doing pretty well...in some cases I think it gives her a degree of comfort as odd as that sounds.....like I think it helps steady her when she is falling asleep. She doesn't get upset at putting it back on anymore. The doctor did mention that at some point in the weaning process she will only wear it to sleep. That one will be tough because I totally nurse to sleep...but we will cross that bridge later. Thanks for asking!!

@brownepiano: yay night sleep!!!

@pastemoo: good idea with the global! I wonder why they didn't have me do that last time!!!

@Alba4: mine are ok. Every car ride includes someone crying at some point. But about 50% of the time they are asleep when I park.

27. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

Does anyone's LO have like a red rash in their neck folds? I'm not sure if there's anything that can help it? I've been keeping it clean and dry, should I put lotion or diaper rash cream on it?

28. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: alcohol wipes and then a barrier (oil, diaper cream, whatever)

29. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@pastemoo: the alcohol wipes won't burn?

30. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

Just wanted to say hello... Trying to enjoy my last week home with my babies! I'm so so sad that I have to go back so soon!

Is anyone else back to work already?

31. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

@MrsKRB: dd has that rash. I used a wipe and then diaper rash cream and it was gone in a day!

@Alba4: hi! Enjoy your last week at home!

Things are going good here. My husband is back on shift so when he's working (like today) he's gone from 530a-730p. Long day!! Dd is doing well. Barfs and poops all the time. But is sleeping a good stretch at night 830 to 3 give or take an hour usually! And then down for another 3 after that. Naps are hit and miss. Sometimes 30 mins sometimes 2 hours, no rhyme or reason.

Ds has done really well with the transition so far. A few tantrums but overall really well.

I'm not sure how big H is now... We have her two month appointment this week. I think she's 11-12 pounds or so.

Hope everyone is doing well.

32. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

All's well here. DS started STTN on his own 4 days ago. Each night I'm still expecting him to wake up because I can't believe he's sleeping that well after all our struggles at first! We started painting the biggest room in our house so it's good timing.

I start working again in 2 weeks. I'm excited actually. Most of it is after the boys are in bed so I am sad to lose my free time but otherwise looking forward to it. I only work part time so I'm still with my kids most of the time.

33. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@Mrs. Champagne: @brownepiano: STTN! Good for you. We've had a random 6 or 7 hour stretch, but nothing consistent. Last night I only woke 1x to feed my son. That was nice. He just has a crazy appetite!

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: oh I'm sorry I still have 4.5 weeks (16 weeks maternity leave in CT), sometimes I'm excited to go back and sometimes I could never imagine it.

Sleep has been really crappy the last week after a week of amazing sleep, babies always keeping us on our toes

35. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: Enjoy the week!! Get some extra baby snuggles in😊

@Mrs. Champagne: 830-3...wow that is a great stretch!!

@brownepiano: thumbs up for SSTN!! WOW.

We are still mostly on a 3 hr cycle at night...putting them in their cribs at 10 or 11. So one or 2 wakeups before i get up for the day by 630.....at this point we transition to 2 hour cycles.

I'm starting to feed tandem more and relaxing my 2 hour cycles a bit....waiting for them to wakeup or cue. BF wise......will my supply go down if I'm not feeding as often...or will it stay the same because they are just eating more at each feeding?

36. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@meadow: unless you are having problems with low supply, your body should adjust. It's a demand and supply thing. If they'll do closer to 3 hour cycles then go for it!

37. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: I use them when it's still preventative--when the skin is not broken. When the skin is broken, I use water to dry the folds--the evaporation dries it nicely.

38. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

Anybody else going back to work with me tomorrow?! I'm taking it so much harder than with my first since Baby will not take a bottle for anything or anyone. I was supposed to go back a few weeks ago and just couldn't bring myself to.

39. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@catomd00: me😢! I'm so sad!

40. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: @catomd00: good luck ladies!!!

Hoping babies & mom have non stressful days tomorrow.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee