Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 Postpartum Thread

1. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@catomd00: @Alba4: good luck! I will be in 3 in weeks! I'm both ready and not ready! I hope you both (and your babies) have smooth days!

2. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@catomd00: Good luck! Hugs! Being back is hard, but gets easier. I'm on my 7th week back and it's still hard but not like the first week. :o

3. Purpledaisy

nectarine / 2973 posts

@catomd00: @Alba4: good luck on your first day back! I've been back since the first of last month. The beginning is always the hardest

4. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: @Alba4: how was your first day back? I'm also having issues with my LO not wanting to take a bottle (although he did before!) so it's kind of stressful to think about leaving him all day! I go back in a few weeks.

5. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@Alba4: hope you had a first day back!

Thanks all for the well wishes. I had a really busy day, so it went by fast and my boss let me leave a few hours early which was nice. Everyone in my office was so sweet, and I got lots of chocolate and wine! I forgot how much pumping sucks, though! Only 8.5 months to go! DD protested the bottle at first, but after 30 mins she took 2 oz. DH said she got a little better each time, and she ended up taking 8oz over 4 feelings, which is what I would expect her to eat since I got Home early enough to nurse her. We will see how tonight goes! It was really nice to come home to DD1 saying she missed me and loves me. I forgot how good that feels since we have been spending so much time together! All in all, I can't complain. I'm looking forward to a slower day tomorrow and time to actually eat lunch!

6. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@catomd00: sounds like your day went smoothly!

My day back was good! I haven't worked since Jan, so it was nice to be back and see all of my students and colleagues. The baby did ok in daycare, although he only took 20 min cat naps! Poor baby. He basically napped once we got home and I bathed him and put him to bed early. Maybe he'll have a nice long stretch tonight? I'm happy that he only has to go 2x a week and he can get grandma cuddles the other days!

7. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Alba4: I'm worried about dd napping when we start daycare too!

8. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

DS learned how to roll stomach to back. Now he wakes up halfway through every nap and rolls over and won't go back to sleep. He's been waking up at night on his back too and getting mad.

9. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@MrsKRB: Actually DS's sleep was awesome at night this week. He even had a 7.5 hour stretch one night! I bought size large Swaddle Me swaddles and they are magic! He seems to average @5 hours at a time though (1 wake up). I'll enjoy it while it lasts because I know baby sleep is always changing!

@brownepiano: I'm sorry... That stinks.

10. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@Alba4: you're right about baby sleep constantly changing, before this he was STTN for 2 weeks 6:30 pm to 6:30 am! I'm hoping that will come back eventually.

11. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: this week I suddenly developed this fear the past few days. This week I transitioned to crib naps...which is going well....but at daycare they nap in full light so I don't know how that will work....and I am guilty of nursing to sleep...and umm....that won't be an option....

@brownepiano: DS rolled back to belly this week......holy cow!!!!

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: ugh that stinks

@Alba4: that's awesome! Have naps gotten any better?

@meadow: we bounce on an exercise ball for 10 minutes to get her to fall asleep haha, even then she will only nap for 30-40 min unless I put her in the carrier.

Dd rolled from her back to belly once and I freaked out, we can't stop swaddling her, she's startles way too easily!

13. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: I agree - the thought of not swaddling is way scary! I don't know how my parents had me sleep in "sleep n plays" from day 1 successfully!

We gave the first bottle since about 1.5 months last night. The babies weren't thrilled but did eventually eat. It was slightly rewarding to see them bat away the bottle (meaning they wanted to BF). It was like the opposite of when the refused the breast. Of course I then quickly felt sad for the babies because they were hungry and my DH because he was struggling.

My DD has developed a strong dislike for lying on her back during play time. She much prefers to be held by someone. Sometimes she even demands the adult stands up and holds her at that height. Most of the time when I'm alone I get away with having her sit on my lap while we watch DS wiggle around like he's on a sugar high. She enjoys this - maybe she is just an observer type of personality? Though I worry she isn't getting the opportunity to develop her muscles enough. I do lie her down and sometimes she is fine and will play - but when she protests, she will work herself up into full blown crying, red face, tears, screaming like you're sawing a leg off. So in those cases, she gets picked up! She is no where close to rolling like her brother, BUT she has that hip harness (which she is being weaned off of) so she hasn't had real mobility for a few weeks.

14. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

OH - I meant to ask how other people's linea nigra is doing. Mine is still full force dark. The skin on my belly near it is rather dry (I know I should put some cream on it each day - but honestly getting out of the shower and hoping no one is crying really trumps me caring about my belly skin.) and I itched it the other day and some of the line came off!!!! It was super weird.

Anyone else still have their line? Or better yet, itch theirs off?! haha

15. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: My linea negra is still going strong as well. With DS1, mine didn't disappear until 6+ months postpartum! I remember being shocked.

How is everyone and their babies? My LO seems to be pretty chill. He is over his hatred of the car seat, thank goodness. He loves to coo and communicate! He is huge and very chubby, and I think he'll be moving into 6-9 month clothing by the end of the month. People are always surprised when I say he's only 12 weeks old. I'm starting to wear him in the Ergo only because he's too heavy to carry in the Maya wrap (I started getting back spasms due to the one shoulder strap).

I'm so happy that fall-like weather has arrived in NY. Playing outside while wearing a baby is much nicer in cooler weather!

16. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: mine is mostly gone, just about an inch of a very light line left.

@Alba4: dd is good! I think we are in the 4 month sleep regression (I hope that's what it is!), she's up every 3 hours (really not that bad, but she was sleeping 6-7 hours), but she won't go back to sleep after!! She's very wiggly and always moving, she's been rolling over both ways and always seems bored, haha. Ditto on the fall weather, it's been SO nice in CT after the heat last week!

2 more weeks left of maternity leave

17. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I think mine is gone. I haven't really had time to check!

DS is doing great. After every growth spurt he's gone back sleeping through the night or waking up once. He is so squirmy during the day and is trying really hard to sit up. He still only rolls stomach to back. And the drool, so much drool!

18. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@brownepiano: Glad your DS is doing well! My DD is the champion of drooling - DS is more a champion of spitting up, but not so much drooling. HA

DS rolled back to belly and returned to back recently and I've been waiting for him to try rolling in his crib. I noticed he has been waking up upset lately and lifting his legs the same way he does pre-roll so I realized I need to give him more room. Since he always rolls to the right side (I guess we have a righty!) I put him in his crib the last day or so with more room on that side. Sure enough - this afternoon he rolled over in his crib! How funny.

The twins hit a new milestone this past week -- really genuinely looking deeply at each other. I noticed it first when I had DS in the bouncy chair and DD on my lap in front of the chair. The two of them were looking at each other and smiling. It was the highlight of my week. Absolute joy. Previously, they saw the other baby.... but rarely looked for a long time at the SAME time. One child would stare at the other while wiggling or something.

19. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

Oh these babies are teasing me!!!!!!

So Wednesday we leave for a riculous east coast to Midwest road trip for a family wedding. I resigned myself that it's going to ruin sleep as we will be gone from home for a full week and stay in 5 hotels. The last couple weeks we've been doing well....good naps....2 night wakeups.....mostly painless. The last 2 nights they slept so long!!!! Last night 730pm-5am. Previous two nights were about 6 hours. It's like they are saying "hey mom...look what we can do" right before we (the adults) make a mess of things. Hah!

20. Alba4

nectarine / 2951 posts

@meadow: lucky you! The best night's sleep he's had is 7 hours straight! I'd love 7:30-5!!! There usually is a sleep regression@ 4 months, so your trip might not mess their sleep up.

21. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@Alba4: We were doing longer stretches (4 hours or so) for a while then jumped back to consistently 3 hour cycles (including eating time) last week. My husband started talking smack and then we had 3 stellar nights in a row - last night taking the cake!!! I have read about the 4 month sleep regression and figure this might all coincide which could be great (get it all done at once) or chaos! haha.... so we'll see!!!!

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@meadow: Good luck with your trip! They will probably sleep well since they will be wiped out from traveling and excitement!

I go back to work tomorrow DD has been taking the bottle since 3 or 4 weeks old, and just now decided to boycott it Does anyone have any tricks? Do I just hope she gets hungry enough to take it?

23. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

I think 4 month sleep regression is hitting us... Affecting daytime naps too!

@MrsKRB: good luck going back to work. I go back on Monday. Sorry to hear about the bottle boycott... Mine has been refusing the bottle since 2 months (he took it before that) and I'm worried too. Have you tried different bottles and nipple types, and heating up the milk more? I also read heating up the nipple can help.

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: daytime naps have been so bad! I think dd slept an hour total today?? Ive tried everything! I pump the milk right before giving it to her so it's warm. I'm hoping since I'm not around at daycare she will take it since the boob won't be there

25. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: I hope so too!!

26. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: good luck tomorrow!!!!

Boo about the boycott....everything I've ever read says they might eat less day 1 but they eventually eat.

27. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MrsKRB: I tried bottles from 2 to 15 weeks with zero luck. The first day she only took 4 oz, but each day got better and within two weeks she was taking all her bottles. Try not to worry, it was very stressful though so I get it! At least you know she has taken it in the past, I didn't even have that to fall back on!

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@catomd00: good to know it gets better. I'm totally going to be a wreck!

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: how's it going today?? You were smart to go back midweek instead of on a Monday!

30. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: yea, a half week is nice! It was a really rough morning, crying every 5 minutes! Luckily I have really great coworkers and a great boss. I called the daycare and she took a bottle after several hours and a lot of fight, so at least she got something!

31. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: oh I'm so glad she took a bottle eventually!! I hope it gets easier, both for you and for her! Which bottle are you using? I keep ordering new ones to try hoping he will take one, but maybe I should just stick with one he took before (Dr. Brown's).

32. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: we're using Tommee Tippee. I would probably just stick with what you know he has taken in the past (unless you can get him to take a different one before he starts). I feel like they probably deal with this problem all the time and will know how to handle it!

33. meadow

persimmon / 1272 posts

@MrsKRB: you are strong..hope today goes easier for both of you!!

34. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@starlitsky: I vote stick with the one you know he took. Mine took a NUK then rejected that and all others that came after it, so I just went back to NUK since I knew she could do it at one point. That's what she's using now. It's so hard to determine if it's the bottle or just the baby rejecting!

35. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

We use Tommee Tippee bottles. I left DS with a babysitter for the first time in a whole and all these posts were making me nervous that he would refuse his bottle. He was fine though.

I hope going back to work gets easier for everyone.

36. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: How is today going? Hopefully better than yesterday!

@catomd00: Yes, I think we'll stick with Dr. Brown's since he took it before. We'll see how it goes on Monday.

@brownepiano: That's great your DS took the bottle! This bottle refusal thing is definitely making me nervous in addition to the stress of returning to work, ugh.

37. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@meadow: How was your road trip?? Hope you guys survived and hope their sleep is still good.

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: it was definitely easier today! I leave pretty early for work and she was sleeping when I left yesterday which was hard, she was awake this morning so I got to play with her a little and I think that made it easier!

39. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MrsKRB: oh good! Glad today was easier. Do you know if she took the bottle without issue today too?

I'm getting nervous about Monday!

40. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: she did! They said she downed all 3 bottles with no issue. It will be ok!! Are you sending him to daycare or somewhere else?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee