Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: my belly is constantly tight, walking or sitting. It is definitely worse when my bladder is full, but I think the tightness is affecting my ability to fully empty my bladder, so I'm constantly feeling the need to go even though I went 5 minutes earlier The OB I saw today did a UA, but we both doubt it's a bladder infection since it seems like it's mostly affected by the tightness. I also feel like it's so uncomfortable to walk, sit, or even breathe. I had very similar tightness with my first, but it so much more uncomfortable this time around. Anytime my son touches or puts too much pressure on my hard belly it hurts! And he's a cuddly kid, so the past week has been hard!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

One tip for emptying bladder - lean forward towards the end of peeing - it helps squeak out those last few drops. My uterus is very sensitive to any urine, too!

3. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: I remember that tip from my doctor with my first. It helped a lot with the frequency with my son. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do much if my belly is hard/contracting since it seems like my muscles are too tight from the BH to effectively empty my bladder.

Is anyone waking up with one of your arms asleep in the middle of the night? It's happening to me multiple times a week, and sometimes several times in one night. I'm thinking it must be related to the way I'm sleeping, but I don't usually have this issue. I don't remember it ever happening in my first pregnancy. Is it something I need to mention to my doctor?

4. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@bookwormmama: I've been having a lot of tightness too. It's made actually living really hard because the only time I'm able to relax is while laying down. Even sitting down isn't helping. I feel so bad for my toddler! I'm wondering if this baby is just way bigger than my first and is causing all this pressure from being a big baby?

I remember feeling this way with my first but I can't remember it being this early (I'm 32 weeks). I also think this baby is in a different position because with my first I had a lot of very sharp pains in my bladder. Like she was stabbing it! But this time around it's just more general bladder pressure.

I also still have so much to do before I'm ready for this baby. I need to get a bed and dresser for my toddler, get the baby clothes out and washed, buy pp supplies, make freezer meals, get out the swing and wash it. And I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of yet.

Although I had a conversation with my MIL where she offered to come watch my toddler when I go into labor! And she lives like two hours away! Which is such a relief because we have no family near us and all our babysitters either work and/or have their own young kids, so I wasn't sure what to do if I went into labor during a work day. But my MIL basically said she'll just take a personal day (or days) because it's the slow-season for her work. What a relief. DH and I were actually getting into fights about it (which is super rare for us) because I was really worrying about it and he didn't think we needed a plan. I was basically at the point where I'd just have him take me to the hospital and then go home to watch our toddler (which I was fine with, I was just worried about what to do if something went wrong with either me or baby).

5. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: my tightness is defintely contractions, probably BH because it does release eventually, but the way to stop it depends on the day. I actually don't feel very big for 30+ weeks. I keep telling my husband my belly seems smaller than last time, but he thinks it looks similar so idk! I had the same thing with my son, but not as frequently. It sounds like age and the act it's a second pregnancy is likely what is causing it to be more uncomfortable/frequent. I mean it's hard to be always rest, etc when you have a 3 yo that NEEDS exercise and stimulation or he doesn't sleep/gets out of control. Sitting doesn't always help and gets uncomfortable for me as well. And drinking water doesn't do much to change it. I just have to pee more!

I'm also wondering baby's position. It seems like from where they got the heartbeat on Tuesday, she is either head down or on an angle with her head in my hip (that's what it feels like based on movements. But all of the sudden yesterday I started feeling TONS of movement down low. I'm wondering if that could really just be arms/hands or if she flipped. I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks so we will see!

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: I've had the arm thing a couple of times recently but not consistently enough to think anything of it. I'm right there with y'all on the near constant BH, but I remember that being the case with my second as well, so I'm not worried about it.

@newlypregnantlady: I'm so glad your MIL is on board to come. That's got to be a load off! I feel like there's so much to do as well! We finalized plans for the nursery and ordered new crib sheets and fabric swatches for curtains this week, but it'll be down to the wire on whether it's actually ready. I've got clothes/toys gathered but certainly not washed and put away anywhere. Still, I'm excited! It's our first time actually getting to have a nursery. We're doing a loosely outdoors/National Parks theme.

I had my weekly appointment today, and it went really well. I'd been so stressed about the dietary stuff, and my OB was really reassuring. I'm down 5 lbs in two weeks, so I'm only up 16 lbs total. She agreed I shouldn't be as hungry as I am and told me I could add two more protein-heavy snacks a day which I think will help a lot. I measured at 34 weeks again (so at least IUGR doesn't seem to be an issue!), and she asked me to talk with DH about the possibility of inducing closer to my original 5/31 due date so as to decrease the shoulder dystocia risk. I think I'd like that better than c-section recovery with three kids, if it's an option. Any experience with planned inductions? I also did the hospital tour and preregistration today. It's suddenly feeling close, so I need to get cracking on preparations here at home!

7. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

Guys, I'm feeling down. My nausea is returning. I only got about 8 weeks relatively free from it. I've felt bad every morning for a week now, and today the nausea just didn't dissipate during the day. Oh man, I hope I don't progress to vomiting again.

8. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: the first few times it happened I think I was waking up on my back, so I thought that might be the cause, but recently it's been happening when I'm on my side, so I'm not sure what to think of it. If I remember I'll try to bring it up at my next appointment. No experience with induction, sorry!

@newlypregnantlady: I know it's a relief to know your MIL will be there. We don't have family nearby and my even though my mom will come as soon as I'm in active labor, she lives 5-6 hours away, so I'm really stressed about spontaneous labor because I'm not sure what to do with my son. Honestly, I've been hoping for an excuse to just schedule a RCS so I don't have to worry about who is going to watch him. Maybe that's a sign I should just do it, but I'm also worried about recovery with a 3 year old and no family nearby. I'm not sure which would be better for me overall

I'm planning on going through my boy 0-3 month clothing this weekend and looking for neutral things. I'm also going to have DH pull out the car seat to check it out. We are also going to go out to Buy Buy Baby and look at some things. I went to a local baby store and got to check out an embossed LÍLLÉbaby carrier. I have been debating between that and the all seasons and wanted to check out the fabric to get an idea of what I want since the embossed are on sale. I need to sell my organic Ergo (hurt my back) and k'tan (doesn't fit). Im thinking I'll do it in a local b/s/t FB page, but I've never done that before and I'm a little nervous for some reason! I'm still hunting for a second seat for my stroller and hoping I can find one...I think it's the best plan of action right now, but man it is hard to find! We are also switching my son to a toddler bed this weekend! I'm not sure if we will get him a twin before the baby comes or not because she won't be in the crib for a while, but we will see! I think the nice weather is kind of lighting a fire under my butt to get things done.

@Iced Tea: oh no! I can't imagine going through that. I hope it calms down a bit and you don't end up puking. How many weeks are you? Do you think it could be heartburn related at all? I thought I was feeling nausea at night in the first tri, but now that I look back I think it was actually heartburn.

9. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@bookwormmama: We don't have family in town either. My sister is my first choice for watching my daughter, but she will be driving into town. So I am setting up a couple of short term options in case we need someone to watch her for a few hours while my sister is on the way. I'm asking two neighbors (they have kids who will keep my LO entertained) and a friend who lives in town. I'm trying my best for a vbac. I got an infection after my c-section and just cannot do that again; it was rough. Is there someone you could ask to watch LO if needed for just a few hours while your MIL drives in?

10. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: we only moved here 2 years ago and don't have anyone our family/son is really close to unfortunately. My husband is somewhat close to one of his co-workers and has said we could ask him. He watches our pets for us and is the nicest person, so I am sure he would say yes, but I feel bad asking because I know he will say yes just to help us even if he's not totally comfortable with the idea. He doesn't have kids (none of my husband's coworkers do since he's a post doc and a lot of them aren't in that season of life) and I worry about the logics of childcare (like what if my son has to poop? He only poops in a diaper and would need help afterwards obivously, so they could be an issue for some people). I think he has a nephew or niece, but I'm not sure how much care he's done for them. I have a somewhat close friend whose son is my son's good friend and she offered for him to go there for a bit, but she just had a second baby a couple months ago and our sons can get a little crazy together, so I feel like that is a lot to ask. We don't really know our neighbors well and none have kids. So I'm not sure what to do! Especially if it happens in the middle of the night!

I guess we could also have my husband drop me off at the hospital and him and my son could come home for a couple hours and then maybe his friend could come for the last couple hours before my mom gets here. Or we could drop him off at my/his friends house. Or our son could come with...but he's kinda crazy and I'm worried he would be pulling on wires, etc.

I had no issues with my first CS, but I know it's major surgery and there's always a risk. I just have so much anxiety and stress when I think about what we will do if I have spontaneous labor that I'm not sure what the best route is. I feel like a CS would relieve that stress, but then I worry about how to care for my son afterwards. I am so jealous of people that live even a couple hours from their family!

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Iced Tea: I'm really sorry you're feeling sick again. I hope that as your little one turns/moves it will help alleviate some pressure or nausea. You deserve a break!

12. winniebee

@rattles: so my induction with DS2 wasn't planned (IUGR at 38 weeks) but it worked out well. Because I had already had a vaginal delivery, and my cervix was favorable (2cm ans 80% effaced) I guess I was a good candidate. My doctor broke my water at 1 pm and he was born just before 10pm. No pitocin.

13. winniebee

We had the tummy bug in our house this week. So bad!!!! I have ordered furniture and bedding for DS2 but otherwise have not prepped for baby at all. My due date isn't until 7/3 though he'll probably come late June. Not stressing yet, probably will wash clothes etc at the end of May

14. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: stomach bugs are the worst! The one we had in January was absolutely awful. Hopefully everyone is feeling better now!

I think I have mentioned our stroller issue on here in the past, but it looks like we found a solution! We have the older model of the Britax B-Ready and had planned to just attach a second seat for #2. Of course, Britax came out with a new version this year, so the accessories for our stroller were discontinued and had been impossible to find. The two seats I had found on eBay went for almost double retail price with like 30+ bids. Well yesterday my DH found a second seat (in my second color choice) for retail cost on eBay! I guess it shoipped quickly after he bought it, so hopefully we will get it next week. I'm still holding my breath until it gets here (I'm a little worried it could end up being the new model)
    But it seems like the stroller stress might finally be over! And I took my son to a local baby store and BuyBuy Baby today to check out. LÍLLÉbaby carrier. The have embossed styles on sale right now and I wanted to check out the fabric. It's super soft and seems like a great option! I got to try my 35 lb kid in a back carry at BBB today and it felt great! I think it will be a good solution for me since the Ergo hurt my back way too much.

We are switching my son's crib to a toddler bed tonight. Wish us luck 😬

15. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@bookwormmama: how's the toddler bed transition going? Smoothly, I hope! I'm glad the stroller situation has resolved itself!
    @winniebee: my 4 yo had a stomach bug all weekend. Fingers crossed, no one else has gotten it so far...hope you're all feeling better!

16. winniebee

@rattles: oh man i hope you steer clear! it took me 4 days to get it....and then my mom got it. My husband never did and my older kiddo only complained his belly hurt one night.

17. winniebee

@bookwormmama: hope the switch went ok! we have to change our 2 year old as well. He takes off his sleep sack and climbs out of his crib every morning now so I guess it's time anyways!

18. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: @winniebee: so far so good! This transition has partnered itself with nap dropping, so he passes out at night immediately. He hasn't woke up at all in the motn, although he has cried out a couple times in his sleep. He even sits in his bed in the morning and calls for us instead of getting out himself! He will get out himself when we come in though. He has been waking up 15-30 minutes earlier, but he's also falling asleep earlier so I'm not sure if it's related or not. I need to work out how we will do his quiet time instead of nap. We were letting him watch a movie and lay on the couch, but I think I'd rather he be in his room. I'm not sure he will go for that though!

19. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@Iced Tea: I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. My vomiting/horrible nausea went away in January, and I had maybe 4-6 weeks of nausea-free living. It's back, not as bad as before, but i definitely have a queasy feeling all day. I drink a protein shake first thing in the morning, which helps, but doesn't fix the problem. At my last appointment I had only gained 5 lbs this pregnancy. I was like, yeah, because I'm too sick to eat and chasing a two year old around!!!

20. winniebee

In the last few days, my BH have picked up so much. YUCK. Had an OB visit and she reminded me that if its more than 6 an hour and they don't lessen with rest/change of position, then call. Also, I've gained 18 lbs (28 weeks). It's so weird, I gain 18 by 28 weeks every time!!

21. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: welcome to the club of discomfort I swear this kid is closer to the surface than my other ones. That or s/he has sharper extremities. I don't remember my others jabbing me quite so painfully. I hope your BH let up a bit, though I know it's unlikely.

@GreeneB2: @Iced Tea: you ladies are mama warriors. The nausea is so unfair! I hope you're rewarded with easier labors!

22. winniebee

@rattles: Oh yeah...they are here to stay! I'm also already getting lightning crotch (aka head buts to the cervix). What fun!

23. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

My pelvis has been killing me today. I can barely walk! It had been hurting at night on my right side (kinda public bone area) but now it feels like the whole area hurts. I think Baby was breech Monday and yesterday, but things feel different today. My belly looks different, too. I never had this kind of pain with my first so I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe she's just sitting funny or if things have dropped...can that happen at 31 weeks? Anyone else dealing with this?

24. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

Ugh woke up this morning with my second cold this pregnancy. I'm so full of snot! And all the sneezing and coughing is such a bigger pain and embarrassing when pregnant if you all know what I mean. Wah just needed to vent. Seems like most of us have graduated from the glorious 2nd tri to all the discomfort of the 3rd. I am looking forward to an Easter egg hunt and big lamb feast with my family and friends tomorrow though! Dd was way into egg hunting last year so I'm excited to see her this year. We're also going to dye eggs for the first time with her!

@winnie13: someone in the grocery store asked if I was having twins this week and it made me think of you. How are you feeling? Do you have a scheduled induction?

25. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: I'm definitely in the 3rd trimester venting stage! I have a cold too plus allergies! And everything hurts. Don't know how I'm going to do seven more weeks of this!!!

26. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@bookwormmama: I've had some intermittent pelvic issues. I've scheduled an evaluation with my pelvic floor physical therapist for next week. She was super helpful with the pain I suffered after my last birth. I suspect that a pelvic floor imbalance contributed to my LO's funny positioning, so I really want to make sure it's addressed before birth this time. I highly recommend pelvic floor PT to everyone!

Sadly, my nausea has not gone away.

In other news, I have just 45 days to my due date, which is freaking me out a little bit! We need to get serious about deciding on names!

27. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Iced Tea: sorry the nausea has stuck around Not the same, but my family has been passing around a stomach bug for weeks now, and it is awful! Nothing but empathy... My SI/pelvic pain has been atrocious this pregnancy. PT helped last time, but this time nothing seems to work.

28. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@Iced Tea: sorry you're still feeling bad. Mine will occasionally flair up and my OB thinks it's mild heartburn that's making me nauseated and causing me to vomit. For me that makes sense because i literally never know when it will happen. Some days I'm fine, some are crap!

I've been kind of MIA and am finally catching up on people's responses. We finally ordered DD1 a bed and dresser and I moved the crib to our bedroom. And got out the baby clothes, all ready to be washed.

I'm in this spot where I feel the need to nest but am still too far out to do things like wash clothes or make freezer meals. But it seems like this baby is right around the corner!

29. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I definitely have a nesting thing going today. We had our last house guest for a while last weekend, so now we can switch out the guest room and get going on the nursery. I had been making plans but finally pulled the trigger on some things today. I'm ready to wash and settle things too. That's exciting about DD1's bed! Is she excited too?

30. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: Sorry to hear your nausea is still hanging around...that sounds unbearable I am starting to wonder if it's maybe just round ligament pain, but I'm not really sure. I never dealt with RLP or this type of pain with my first, but I know everything is looser now, so it's possible it is that. I think the side sleeping is making the pain worse, but I think I need to avoid back sleeping due to my arms tingling and shortness of breath when I do end up on my back.

@newlypregnantlady: @rattles: I've been feeling the nesting mood, too. I want to make a trip to IKEA and get some closet organization stuff so we can make more room in our bedroom. I've been thinking about going through my son's old clothing for sleepers and gender neutral things, but then I realize we still have a decent amount of time left! We got some not so great news last week about the house we are renting. Our landlord has expressed wanting to sell when we moved out. We had planned to be here another year (my DH is in a post doctorate position, and we will likely move to a new city/state for his next position), but he has started making a lot of moves towards getting the house ready for market, which concerned us. DH asked if our original plan to stay through next year would still work, but it sounds like he's not too interested in that idea because they have to pay extra on top of our rent (it sounds like this house was a TERRIBLE financial decision because it would not rent for the amount they pay every month in mortgage). He hasn't gotten an official timeline from him, so I've been stressing out about the possibility of moving this summer. My DH has been looking for new jobs and we've been trying to come up with contingency plans should we need to move to a new place in this area (our last choice since it would be for around 6 months-1 year and we have pets, which makes renting even more difficult). I'm feeling like I shouldn't even be getting this house ready for a new baby, even though I know that's a little dramatic because we will probably be here through the summer at the earliest. We've been waiting for a response from him, and I'm starting to get pissed about his lack of urgency. It makes me think he was thinking the end of the year. But who knows.

I have my 32 week appointment tomorrow and another ultrasound Friday morning to check my placenta location again. After that we are going to see my sister and meet my new nephew! My son is so excited to see his baby cousin...I'm sure it will make it even more exciting to think about our baby coming soon!

31. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: DD1 is only 20 months so I really don't think she has any idea what going on. We are planning on a floor bed for her so I took the crib mattress out of her toddler bed and just put it on the floor. She has loved jumping on it today!

@bookwormmama: we just got back from Ikea and there are so many random things I want from there! It's bad.

I'm sorry about the stress of the potential move. We moved a couple months ago and it was a huge stressor for me. I hope things work out for you. It's hard to plan financially for a big move and a baby at the same time!

32. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@bookwormmama: We've had the unfortunate luck of having our rental put on the market three times. It sucks! I'm so sorry you are facing that. It sounds like maybe you are renting month to month? If you have a lease, then they cannot make you leave before the lease runs out. If it sells, then the new owner has to honor the lease. I also understand the stress of searching for short term housing with a pet; we didn't have many choices when that happened to us three years ago.

33. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Iced Tea: well our lease is up either May 31st/June 1st, but we had made a verbal agreement a couple months ago to renew another year. We aren't in danger of getting kicked out right now (or even in June), it's really just frustrating that he kinda dropped the information in my DH in the middle of April knowing we are expecting a baby in June. And my DH had to double check the dates with him (basically asking about renewing) before he gave us this information. They aren't professional landlords and only rented this house out in order to a get second mortgage since they had to move for the husband's job. Our last place was put on the market and sold while we lived there, but our landlord had it in the contract that we would be there until we moved (my DH was in grad school and we had an official leave date). I'm guessing what will happen will be that we agree on a shorter term lease after June (like through X month) and just won't be here for the entire next year like we had planned. They need us to rent this place while it's on the market...they can't afford both mortgages and it needs a lot of work to be market ready (they haven't even gotten estimates on the work yet). If we need to, we will send our animals to live with my parents for a bit (6 hours away), but I feel bad doing that. We would miss them. Our dog is super attached to us and I think my son would be really sad to not have them around.

It's probably not as urgent as we feel or think it is, but I don't want to be moving in July when I have a newborn, 3 year old, and am still recovering myself, so this isn't the type of news I wanted to hear in the middle of April. I'm just kinda pissed and stressed at the news. Ugh.

@newlypregnantlady: I hate moving, so it would be great to not have that stress on our plate! And it would be tough this late in pregnancy since I wouldn't be able to lift anything! We could do it if needed, but hopefully we don't need to until later this year. We are thinking of getting a basket system for our closet to use a dresser since our room is kind of cramped and will be with the baby. Our current dresser sucks (the drawers are SO tiny) so we need a better solution! I'm waiting to hear what the plan for this place is before I buy anything though. If we will only be here through July, then we can probably live with the space. I need to get another toy storage organizer (Trofast) anyways, so I'm thinking my son and I will make a trip next week and check out the options/prices of the organizers.

In better news, I think I got a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep last night! I woke up around 1am because DS had kicked his blanket off and was crying (side note: when do they figure out how to put blankets back on?!? This happens almost every night!). After I put his blanket back on I went back to sleep and I don't think I got up again until we got up at 6:50! I can't remember the last time that happened!

34. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

So I had my ultrasound today. My placenta moved further from my cervix, but baby is breech! I had a feeling she had flipped a couple weeks ago and her head was exactly where I thought it was.

Also, they found a cyst near her stomach area. The MFM thinks it is likely an ovarian cyst based on the location and because fluid levels are perfect, which means there likely isn't an issue in the digestive tract, but they don't know for sure. I have to go back in 3 weeks to monitor it. They are looking for it to start reducing in size. If it doesn't resolve they will likely need to do surgery at some point after she's born. It seems like most resolve and it's usually caused by all the extra hormones in pregnancy, so we are trying not to freak out, but it's hard to hear something abnormal is happening.

Once I confirmed she was breech I kinda felt like a RCS was inevitable because I'm not comfortable doing a version (especially after having a previous CS) and I think she likes this position. But now after this information I'm pretty much in the RCS camp. I just had my 32 week appintment yesterday, so I'll see my doctor (my ultrasound is with the MFM department due to my niece's heart issues) in 2 weeks and talk about it more then. My doctor has been awesomely supportive of doing whatever I want and given me tons of different options.

35. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: so sorry the moving possibility is giving you anxiety. I can totally relate! We moved across country literally the same day I got my BFP and it was crazy town. The thought of having to move again with an infant makes me want to die and since we are renting now it's totally a possibility. Fingers crossed your landlord can't sell and you can stay put for a while!

Good news that your placenta moved. Is the cyst on your baby's ovary or yours? So glad you have such a great doc who is supportive. Either way you and baby will be great--just remember that! RCS certainly makes planning childcare for your DC much easier, right?

36. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

Wow been mia. My pregnancy has been sucking boodie. So glad this is the last one lol. So far all my tests and ultrasounds have been normal. I self diagnosed myself w reflux. Which is why I've been feeling crappy all pregnancy. I'm almost 32 weeks and was still throwing up at 30 ugh.

I just need a name for this baby girl! My hubby wants Hannah but my cousin's daughter is Hannah and she and I share the same name. My hubby thinks it's no big deal since we only see them like once a year. But I hated sharing the same name w my cousin and another cousin's son shares the same name as my older son... what do u guys think? I'm leaning towards Elena, even though it's not biblical and all my other kids have biblical names. :T

37. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: the baby's ovary. Well that seems to be the location, but they can't say for certain through just the ultrasound. It seems like the most likely place though. There are other potential locations (like the bowels) but other signs (like normal fluid levels and normal looking bladder/kidneys) lead them to believe it's likely her ovary.

And yes a RCS makes things much less stressful surrounding my DS. My mom can come up the night before and we don't need to worry. When I look at everything together it really seems like a RCS is the correct path for us.

@tequiero21: my DH's cousin used our girl name for their daughter born last year, so we had to find another name because we didn't want to use a name that someone else in the family used. We don't live anywhere near this cousin and I've never met him, but I thought it would be too weird (they would have shared a first and last name). So, I wouldn't use a name already used by a family member or close friend, but I know some people don't mind that though.

38. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@tequiero21: so sorry you are not feeling well! reflux is rough for sure. are you taking something that's helping? We are totally struggling with names as well and since we're team green we have to come up with double the amount of names. I love Elena! And agree that I wouldn't want the same name for my LO that is in the family despite not being close. Does anyone have good sources for names that aren't totally overwhelmingly huge lists like nameberry?

39. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@tequiero21: I like the name Hannah, but it's on our can't-use list too (it's the name of DH's ex). Elena is lovely! Sorry it's been such a rough pregnancy!

@bookwormmama: I'm sorry that there's any reason to worry. It's scary when there are extra unknowns! I'll be praying for her and hoping it rectifies itself.

@Mrs. Pajamas: I have no idea what your style is, but Nameberry does have some smaller lists that are "if you like X, try Y" kind of things. Nymbler has a feature that does the same. Baby Name Wizard's site and book have sibling names for each name, if there are names you like but aren't quite right. Honestly, that book is my favorite baby name book because it has GREAT lists by style. If it'd be helpful, I can send you some that might be your style! Not lists, but other sites I read are Appellation Mountain (awesome profiles of quirkier names), Swistle (consultations that often help match sibling sets or clarify/brainstorm within a set of style preferences), Waltzing More Than Matilda (Australian) and Sancta Nomina (a focus on Catholic names). Choosing multiple names is secretly one of my favorite parts of TG!

40. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I wish I didn't have to wait another 2+ weeks to see what is going on. But hopefully giving that much time will show us a decrease in size.

We took a trip to a popular travel destination in Wisconsin to see my sister and new nephew this past weekend. We made a fun little vacation out of it and got to do lots of fun things. The rest of my family came up for a night too. It was a fun last little getaway as a family of three. And seeing DS with my nephew was SO cute. It has made me so excited to see him with his sister. I know we will have rough patches as he adjusts, but he was so sweet, gentle, and excited to see his cousin and hold him.

He's been very obsessed with the human body and how it works, so all the extra ultrasounds and learning about how the baby is growing have been great for him. He loves reading about the differences in the baby's development and growth every week! And he went to my appointment last week and loved hearing the heartbeat. The way his face lit up when he heard it was so great

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee