Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Hi ladies! I'm surprised too that nobody has delivered, but how great that all of our babies are still growing and heading along towards due dates I'm 36w3d and still sort of moving along. BPs are high but not getting much higher and no other signs of pre-e. I'm excited to have an induction booked for 39weeks (6/5) because of my history but my OB keeps saying that she doesn't think I'll make it that long. On Monday I was 3cm and 60% effaced and she said again that the baby is super low.

This is TMI but I definitely lost my mucous plug last night at work (yuck!). I've had two inductions in the past and never noticed anything like that beforehand so I was surprised! Second + time moms - I know that it definitely doesn't mean that labor is imminent, but what were your experiences? I'd certainly rather this baby cook a little longer!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@kitty: Sinus problems when you cannot take Advil are seriously awful! I got an ear infection last week and actually ended up going on antibiotics. It got better after a few days but I was seriously miserable while I had the ear pain. MY OB did say it was ok to take Tylenol Sinus. Not sure if that would help you!

3. winniebee

@MrsF: With DS1 I never noticed anything that looked like a mucous plug and never had bloody show until I was admitted for labor (and at that point, I was already 4cm and 80% effaced - 38.5 weeks). With DS2 I did have some bloody show right at 38 weeks and I was really convinced labor was coming (at 36 and 37 weeks I was only 2cm, but 75% effaced). I ended up getting induced at 38+3 and at my induction totally thought I was going to be super dilated esp. after so many contractions and some bloody show...but nope, I was still 2cm! But I didn't lose my mucous plug that I know of. This pregnancy I'm not doing any sort of bed rest (last two times I did) and I'm so, so curious if I'm going to be more than 2 cm at 36 weeks....still have 2.5 weeks to find out though!

4. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Iced Tea: now every day I don't see you on here, I think you're in labor I had some false labor on Saturday that was just enough to remind me how close we are to time and how terrifying labor is! Realistically, I have no reason to think I'll go early if they don't induce. Neither of my other kids were (39+5 and 40+5).

@kitty: I'm sorry you're not feeling well! It is the worst when you're giantly pregnant and can't really rest. I hope you're on the mend and back to full force before baby comes!

@MrsF: I lost my mucus plug with DD1 first thing in the morning and my water broke at 7:15pm that night. I know it's not that way for everyone though! Fingers crossed it's just getting close, not imminent!

I have no reason to think I'll go early without induction, but I really wanted a late May baby! I have a girls trip at the end of July, and I don't know that I'll want to get on a plane if baby hasn't had 2 month shots. Baby is low and I'm thinning out, but I'm only 1cm (though that's what I was when my water broke both times). Who knows! On the upside, I'm getting some of the pre-baby extras done, making a mobile for the nursery, freezing some meals, etc.

5. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: with DS I had a pedicure 5 days (a Thursday) before my due date and lost a huge chunk of my mucus plug. It may have had a little blood in it, but I can't remember for sure. I had timeable Braxton hicks that were the 5-1-1 pattern, but not painful, the next day. It was weird because they had never been timeable before that day. On Saturday night I had my first painful contractions ever and they were about 10 minutes apart, but only had a couple. The next morning I had a couple painful contractions in the morning and my water broke right around noon the day before my due date! So for me it was pretty close to when my water broke/labor started!

Oh and I was only 1-1.5 cm dialated when my water broke! About the same amount I had been at my last cervical check.

6. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@MrsF: I had bloody show on a Sunday night with DD and contractions started at 5am Monday morning. She was born Tuesday night at 9pm. I never noticed a mucous plug but maybe it just came out slowly with blood. So exciting! Keep us posted.

7. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: @rattles: @Mrs. Pajamas: thanks for sharing your experiences ladies! It's so hard not to read into everything at the end... We're heading to the Cape this afternoon so hopefully an uneventful weekend! We'll have family with us so at least there's backup child care just in case.

It's been suddenly hot here (100 yesterday and mid 90s already today) and of course our AC is dead. We had one window unit so we put that in DS's room (because even hugely pregnant, having exhand let the kids have a sleepover in there. Not so much sleep for me though of course...

8. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

Man oh man, I've been having steady cramps/contractions all day(since 5:30 in the morning, and it's noon now), that are slightly painful (maybe like a 4), but am putting off calling the doctor since I know they won't tell me anything unless they get worse. Am 37+2 days, so still pretty early. At my last checkup I was barely dilated, the baby hasn't dropped, and i haven't had a bloody show. False labor? I'm trying to get some work done but these contractions are pretty distracting. Could this mean the end is near?

9. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@GreeneB2: ooh boy! Exciting I've had 2 inductions so I have no advice really. Are they regular / can you time them?

10. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@MrsF: I was induced with my first, so I have no idea what to expect! Went to lunch with a friend and they kinda went away, or I was busy talking and didn't notice them. But now that im back at work I'm noticing them again. Still constant, not getting any more painful or frequent though.

11. winniebee

@MrsF: so hot here too! I'm crabby!

@GreeneB2: sounds like the beginnings of something! when they start getting really painful, call!

12. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@GreeneB2: exciting! I only had painful contractions the day before my water broke, but I know my sister spent weeks having contractions similar to what you are dealing with. Hopefully it means things are moving along for you!

My mom and sisters totally surprised me and came up to visit earlier this week. My DH was in on it, too. We went out to dinner after my dr appointment on Tuesday and they were at the restaurant! The look on my son's face was hilarious and priceless, but I'm guessing my face looked the same way, haha! We hung out a bit, I got to cuddle my 2 month old nephew, and my mom took us for pedicures. They did it as a sort of baby shower I think. My sister also helped me work on my son's closet while my mom and younger sisters took my son to the park. It was nice to at least get baby girl's clothing hung up! We also made hair bows for her while we hung out with stuff they brought with. It was a lot of fun and nice to do a little something to celebrate before she arrives.

I also went to IKEA today to get some organization things. We are in a small 2 bedroom house, so the baby will be in our room for a while until we feel she can move into DS's room. But in order to fit her in there we have a lot of reworking to do. We decided to get rid of our crappy, too small dresser and do some drawers in the closet for things that can't be hung. I also needed to get another toy organizer for our family room area to make more room for baby items. We got a mamaroo as a gift, which is great since it has a way smaller profile than the swing we used with DS. I set the mamaroo up for my nephew (he has one too) and now my family room is feeling so cramped! Luckily DS loves IKEA and can go to the smaland so I was able to get the shopping done I needed, he burned energy, and then we got to eat lunch!

Now I'm soaking in the tub because after the Mall of America with my mom and sisters earlier this week and IKEA today my hips are killing me. I don't think anything else is getting done tonight, but I'm feeling good about the things I have gotten done this week!

13. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: sounds like such a fun and productive day...what a sweet surprise! We're also planning on having the kids share a room so let's keep in touch re:that adventure. We put dd in her own room at 2 weeks since she was such a noisy sleeper. I know we won't be able to do that so soon with this one and I'm nervous for my and dh's sleep!
    @GreeneB2: any update?

14. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: a friend put her boys together when the youngest hit 4 months. That's about the time we moved DS to his own room (we were probably ready sooner, but we were traveling for almost a week for my sister's wedding and decided to hold off on the transition until we got back), but I'm not sure if we will attempt that early or not. We had to sleep train DS at 6 months, so if we have a similar situation I'm not sure I want to sleep train with them in the same room. Hopefully she will surprise us! I'm hoping for an amazing sleeper since DS still wakes probably 3-5 times week at 3!

15. winniebee

We are kind of in nesting mode. I cleaned the garage including sweeping about 10 lbs of sand and dirt out and my husband power washed the pool deck. We are having a big party for our oldest in 2 weeks (36w!) and have a ton to do to prepare. But my mom is coming up this week and I'm taking a day off of work so that we can wash baby gear and clothes. So at least that will be done.

16. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: No update. Baby is still cooking, for now. Had a relatively uneventful weekend, but this morning I woke up with cramps again. Maybe the baby just doesn't want to go to work?

17. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: that sounds like such a nice visit!

@winniebee: we're nesting a bit but probably not as much as we should be! Opted to go to the cape for the past weekend instead of working on things at home. I'm glad we did though. Have to live it up while we can

@GreeneB2: glad things are going ok. The stop & starts are so stressful!

18. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I'm in L&D right now because I was having some visual changes and a sudden headache and they wanted me to come in. Baby seems fine though - probably just a bad migraine. Just waiting on labs. At least I should be able to skip the weekly NST that I had scheduled for tomorrow.

37 weeks today!

19. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@MrsF: Yikes that sounds scary! So glad you got things checked out and baby is Ok. are you OK? Cape sounds lovely!

DH and I had an amazing solo get away this weekend to wine country while DD stayed with my parents. It was hot and our BnB had a pool so I was in heaven. So much relaxation and some wine tasting. DD had a blast swimming her heart out and spending time with her cousins so everyone won!

I start my NSTs this week--ugh. Looking forward to one last get away for the long holiday weekend to the coast and then it's nesting/waiting time. 36 weeks!

20. winniebee

@MrsF: ahh thinking of you. let us know how you're doing!

21. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: hope things are going ok! What kind of vision changes? I have been occasionally seeing light specks, but my OB said that can happen with the changes in blood pressure. I thought any vision changes were concerning though, so I've been watching it more and making sure I feel ok when it happens.

My DH's 30th bday is this weekend. But since we are so close to baby time and it's a holiday weekend I doubt it will be the special occasion I would have liked to make it! I tried to get his best friends to come visit and do some breweries and golfing, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think DS and I will get him some gift cards to do those things and maybe he can go with some work friends, or save them for a time his friends can come up.

22. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: can you nap during NSTs? Because it honestly sounds pretty nice to have a time where you lay around and do nothing/possibly nap...but I guess it would only be relaxing if someone else is caring for your LO during it

23. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@bookwormmama: Great idea! This week I will have dd with me but future appts I hope I can schedule them when she's at daycare

24. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: @winniebee: @bookwormmama: Thanks for the support! Looks like they're going to let me go home... after 4.5 hours.

They're just attributing the visual issues to migraine. When OB couldn't find anything wrong on their end (NST, labs, BP, everything is ok) they wanted neuro to see me so I've mostly just been waiting for the neurologist to come over to see me. I'm sure they're not on L&D very often. Anyway - he wasn't too worried so I think OB will let me leave.

25. winniebee

@MrsF: Glad to hear! I hope your next visit to L&D is one where you get to meet your baby!

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: I hope so too! Although I have to admit I was a little panicked yesterday as I was waiting for my parents to get there to watch J. I really thought probably my BP was very high and since I'm full term they would just want to induce (and getting a little teary - "these could be my last moments with him as my youngest!"). Oooh, pregnancy. I feel so ready and so not ready at the same time.

27. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@MrsF So glad everything worked out!

Not too much to report here, a few more BH contractions but no other signs of anything exciting. I do have a terrible cold though, which apart from making me miserable is making me think it would be good if this baby stayed put until I was healthy again!

28. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

Has anyone else had changes in their skin all of the sudden? Or did you have it last time around? I had a lot of breakouts and zits in the first trimester, especially in my hairline and on my chin. They went away for a long time and my skin has been mostly clear since 15 or so weeks. But all of the sudden I have had a ton of zits in my hairline and a few pop up in my chin over the past two days. I'm wondering if this means my hormones are changing and could mean I could go into labor sooner? I don't remember breakouts happening before my water broke with DS, but I also didn't have terrible breakouts with him.

29. winniebee

Had growth scan today. Baby is doing well, measuring 5 lb 2 oz at 34 weeks. Huge for me!!

30. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@winniebee Yay big baby!

@Bookwormmama I am in the exact same skin boat! And was also wondering if that could mean something...but I think that may be wishful thinking.

31. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: I'm glad all was well!

@winniebee: hooray for a healthy big boy!

@Mrs. Pajamas: @bookwormmama: those sound like such lovely weekends! What a nice way to spend one of the last baby-free ones!

32. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I have been having painful contractions that are consistently 5 minutes apart for 45 hours. I spent Sunday night in L&D where they were 2-3 minutes apart, but they sent me home to rest after 5-6 hours without change. My doc has seen my twice since and agreed it's early (vs false) labor, but other than losing my mucus plug and baby dropping, there's no real progress. I'm still only at 1.5! She won't do anything substantial to induce (break my waters or put me on pitocin) until 39 weeks, which is another week from today. I'm really regretting agreeing to pushing my due date back a week in the early days now! She gave me an ambien to finally get some rest last night. I feel much better after some sleep, but I wish things would either taper or progress! They're uncomfortable enough that I have to stop talking to breathe through them but not so bad that I'm moaning/swaying, if that makes sense, and a week will be a long time to live that way!

33. winniebee

@rattles: oh man that sounds awful!! My labor with DS1 was like that for a week and then I went into labor at 38.5!

34. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@winniebee: a week? Nooooo I think it's payback for my 3.5 hour labor with DD2. They had told me to come in when they were 10 minutes apart for an hour this time, but clearly, that's out the window!

35. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

@rattles: oh my goodness! Baby, be nice to your mama! That's no fun. Hope you can get some rest.

36. winniebee

@rattles: well you've already made it 4 days!!

37. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@winniebee: sounds perfect!

@rattles: Oh that sounds horrible! I hope you have some relief or some progress soon...

38. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

I had a growth scan today and baby is measuring 8lbs 4oz at 37 weeks (DD was 5lbs when she was born at 36w and DS 7.5lbs at 39 - yikes!). My OB finally took me out of work because my migraines have gotten so bad and she bumped up my induction a few days (to 6/2) basically because her call schedule changed. Fine with me - it sounds like he'll be plenty big!

39. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: I hope things start to move along for you! Maybe you'll be the first to deliver!

@MrsF: they estimated my babe at 6lbs 14oz at 35 weeks. My son was 7lbs 5oz at birth (born at 40 weeks). I was shocked! I bet she will be a little bigger than DS was, but I have a feeling the ultrasound was off. I think they said it can be as much of a pound difference either way. They thought DS was going to be a 8.5-9 lb baby based on a 32 week ultrasound, but obviously they were pretty far off! I think my sister was told her baby was like 8 lbs at 36 weeks and he came out 8lbs at 39+6.

40. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: yeah- I know that the growth estimates can be pretty far off, and the tech definitely emphasized that. It caught me off guard but I probably shouldn't get too hung up on it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee