Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2017 moms!

1. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: it definitely has me a little worried, too! So I understand. The MFM even mentioned that it almost seemed GD like (which really freaked me out...I'm always worried I will have it and I know it can cause issues after birth if untreated), but I passed the test and fluid levels look good. It's hard to remember how off they can be when it seems like the doctors take it as the size!

2. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

I can't believe there's been no births yet! So many early June due dates I thought we'd have a few by now!

3. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsF: this is the stage where shaving off a few days sounds awesome! Sounds like we'll have some big, healthy babies around here!

@GreeneB2: @bookwormmama: @winniebee: thanks, ladies. They've gotten less frequent, but they're still every 7-10 minutes. I was up from 1:30-4am with them. I'm worried I'll be in limbo for another week and then be exhausted by the time things actually start. We'll see!

@winniebee: I thought we'd have some by now too! Maybe we wished just a little too hard re the babies' stickiness

4. newlypregnantlady

kiwi / 556 posts

@rattles: @winniebee: I'm surprised too!

I had a really rough day yesterday. I think I just pushed too hard and did too much, but by noon I was just feeling awful. I was worried that it was labor starting but i think Starbucks just gave me cow's milk instead of soy!

My DH is having a second interview today so I'm super nervous! Having to potentially break our lease and start in a whole new city is pretty nerve wracking. But he's not happy at his current position and this new job is much closer to family (it basically cuts the travel time in half), and it's in a much more affordable city. So I'm full of nerves and trying to focus on this baby is hard! I feel like the more stressed my husband gets with his job, the more he's been focusing on me. I know he's super preoccupied with this interview but he's been doing bath/bedtime for DD without protest even though he's coming home late all week. He's a teacher and the end of the year is always super rough.

I tried to pack my hospital bag and couldn't think of anything to put in it besides the baby's going home outfit and my breast shells! I know I need a change of clothes, and maybe some snacks. But besides that I can't think of anything to pack now! With my first birth they gave me a ton of stuff and I never needed like 80% of what I packed.

@rattles: I hope you get some progress or relief. It's so hard to rest right now and I'm not even having any painful contractions, just difficulty breathing, sitting, laying, and walking from the hip/ligament/pelvic pain.

I have my 38 week appointment on Friday! Although I'll be 38+5, I think, so closer to 39. I'm getting so nervous, even though I'm so ready to meet this baby!

5. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@newlypregnantlady: I have been thinking about packing my bag but am kind of at a loss as to what to bring as well. I obviously overpacked and overstressed about the bag wit DD's birth. Plus the things I wear all the time around the house (nursing tank and yoga pants) and essentials like phone, charger, etc. are the things I will want at the hospital so I can't really pack them yet. Toiletries are important. That first post-birth shower was HEAVEN. And having my own big fluffy towel was awesome. The ones at our hospital were crappy. We're doing a hospital tour next Wed. night since this will be a different hospital than where I delivered DD. I really hope they have wireless monitors for the baby. That was so nice to walk around during monitoring with DD's labor. My friend had a baby girl this morning which is getting me excited and thinking more and more about what's to come, although I'm only 36 + 3 today.

@winnie13: your induction is super soon, isn't it? How are you feeling?

6. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

@Mrs. Pajamas: Thank you for thinking of me!! Yes.... very close!!!

So glad to hear everyone is doing well (despite some scares)! I can't believe no one has delivered yet!! Crazy! It's awesome though that all babies are staying put!! Cook them for as long as possible!

Induction date was changed to FRIDAY!! I go in at 5:30am! I am beyond excited and nervous all wrapped in one! I had my OB apt yesterday and I am 3cm and 100% effaced and Baby A is engaged!! I'm praying for a fast induction. The wild card is baby B! He is breech (like head stuck in my ribs breech) and my OB is hoping to flip him. Since these are my firsts, flipping him internally may not happen. He is going to try to do a version from the outside. I'm praying he flips and I don't need a section! We will see! I just have to trust my body and my docs!
    I go in tomorrow for a final weight, BPP, and NST. Last Thursday Baby A was 6lbs 5oz and Baby B was 7lbs!! Friday we will se what they actually weigh! I'll be 37+6!
    Friday is a really special day because it's my mom's bday and she passed away 13 years ago! I love that they will (hopefully) share her birthday!

7. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

@Winnie13: wow such an exciting update! I'm thrilled your babies may share your mom's birthday. How special! We'll all be thinking of you and praying for Baby B to flip so you can deliver vaginally. I can't believe how big they are already. Great job cooking those twins lady! No small feat!

8. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I've been silently following since my miscarriage! So excited for all of you momma's who will soon be holding your little ones!! Good luck everyone, and I'm hoping for fast and easy deliveries for everyone!

9. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Winnie13: wow, that's such exciting news!! And I'm also amazed at how big they are, great job! It would be so special if they share your mom's birthday...I'll send quick delivery vibes your way!

10. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@newlypregnantlady: @Mrs. Pajamas: I really should get a move on packing the bag too! I dont feel like I crazy over packed last time. I brought a couple nursing tanks, yoga pants and a robe. I didn't bring any personal care items outside of makeup/hair supplies. I was glad I had it all since I was there 4 days! Maybe a bit in my diaper bag/for baby...the nurses dressed him in outfits since he went to the NICU staging area while I was being stitched up, so we didn't use as much stuff for him. But I really just packed my diaper bag in prep as my diaper bag so there were things I didn't need, but wanted to have in there anyways.. I also "had" to bring some extra things I won't need this time, like his first St. Patrick's Day onesie since he was born on the holiday

11. GreeneB2

cherry / 120 posts

I had my 38 week appointment today and told my doctor that I've been contracting off and on now for a week or so. She checked me and I'm only 1 cm dilated. She wants another ultrasound at my 39 week appointment. I don't think any thinks the baby is coming early!

12. winniebee

@Winnie13: Wow so soon! You've done a great job keeping these babies safe....can't wait to hear good news from you.

13. winniebee

@newlypregnantlady: you inspired me to pack up my toiletries for my hospital bag! I'll throw something together tomorrow I guess!

14. winniebee

@MrsBrewer: best of luck to you in a few months, too!

15. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@Winnie13: how exciting! I hope tjst everything goes well Can't wait to "meet" your LOs soon!

@MrsBrewer: thank you

16. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@winnie13 How exciting! I really hope they get to share your mom's birthday, that's beautiful. I can't wait to 'meet' them!

@Bookwormmama I was literally trying to figure out what to put in my bag when you posted. That was helpful! Thanks!

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@winniebee: Thank you!

18. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsBrewer: I've been thinking of you lately and am glad to hear you're well and that your little rainbow boy seems to be growing healthily. You're always welcome around here, and your well wishes are much appreciated!

@Winnie13: I'm so excited for you! Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery tomorrow! I love that it will be on your mom's birthday! Can't wait to "meet" your little ones!

My contractions finally let up last night. I'm still having frequent BH, but after four days I'm glad for some relief. I'm frustrated that all that time and pain is probably for naught though. We'll see. I go in again tomorrow.

19. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@rattles: Aww thank you so much, yes my little guy is growing strong, and I'm so thankful for my rainbow baby everyday. I'm so excited for all of you ladies so soon to be holding your babies! Yay!

20. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: I'm glad you've had some relief - so frustrating though! I hope you can get some rest.

21. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsBrewer: thanks for the well wishes...glad to hear things are going well with your little guy!

@rattles: I'm glad to hear you have had some relief. But I can totally see how annoying and frustrating it would be to have days of contractions and then have them stop progressing!

So I just had like 6-7 painful contractions at random intervals. They started at 10 minutes apart, then 8, then I had like 3 in a row that were like 2-3 minutes apart...then they stopped. They were all in my back, which totally sucked and reminded me of my labor with DS. I could feel it wrap around my lower belly and then a lot of pain in my back I had to breathe through. I'm really hoping it doesn't mean I'm going into labor soon though. I have a lot to get done around the house this weekend. Also, Saturday is my deceased niece's birthday and I really, really don't want them to share a birthday. There's just too much surrounding that day and I don't want it to forever affect baby's birthday. I didn't have painful contractions until the day before my water broke with DS, so hopefully it's not the same pattern this time!

22. winniebee

@bookwormmama: oh man this will be a tough weekend for your family. Sounds like it's just early labor signs. I have nights like that - where I'll have 4-5 painful in an hour then they die off. I hope the same for you. I'm really nervous about labor June 1 or 2....the days last year that I labored and our third son was born sleeping. I'll be shy of 36 weeks, so it's pretty unlikely, but definitely on my mind.

23. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@winniebee: yes, the weekend will be hard for us. I was thinking it was just some early labor signs too...I'm hopeful they are similar to what you described!

And I can definitely understand wanting to avoid labor and a birthday those days! I'll be sending positive, no-labor vibes your way next week!

24. Mrs. Pajamas

kiwi / 702 posts

So I had my first nst today and it took forever but baby is great. I had to bring dd with me and she was awesome...until we were in the waiting room for the ultrasound and she barfed aaaaalll over the place. Omg I just cracked up because we were quite the scene. Everyone was so nice--thank God it was a doctor's office. What a day!

25. msmilkshake

cherry / 146 posts

@Bookwormmama @winniebee I'll be thinking of you during these difficult days. Sending the most positive of vibes.

@MrsPajamas That sounds like an adventure! So glad that baby is doing well and I hope your daughter is feeling better!

Had another appointment today, effaced and baby's head has moved down, but still no dilation. I was kind of hoping for some progress, but I'm also glad he can cook a little longer. .

26. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@bookwormmama: I hope that baby holds on for a while - this must be such a difficult weekend for your family.

@winniebee: I can't believe it's been almost a year

@Mrs. Pajamas: Oh no! I hope it was just a one time thing and not an illness...

@msmilkshake: Sounds like a little progress, even without dilation. Things can happen quickly! (I totally know what you mean though)

27. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Winnie13: I've been thinking of you all day! I hope everything went smoothly and you're snuggling those little ones now!

@bookwormmama: @winniebee: you'll both be in my thoughts this weekend

@Mrs. Pajamas: oh gosh, I hope she's feeling alrightM glad things were good otherwise!

@msmilkshake: steady progress! It's the homestretch!

I'm feeling somewhat discouraged. After all those contractions, I lost my mucus plug and had bloody show last night. But then at today's appointment, I was still 1.5cm with a cervix that was thick and high enough that my OB didn't bother with a membrane sweep. I hate to feel like all this energy and discomfort is wasted! Not to mention burning through goodwill as I had my mom help with the kids and DH work from home some this week. I know it'll be soon enough regardless, but it's frustrating to have a hard end after a tough pregnancy. Whine, whine

28. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@msmilkshake: @MrsF: @rattles: thank you I haven't had anymore painful contractions, but my BH seemed to have majorly ramped up and my belly is feeling stiffer overall...it's harder to twist and bend than it was earlier this week. Not sure what that means, but it seems like baby is staying put for now!

@Mrs. Pajamas: oh no! I probably would have laughed too. Hope she is doing ok now!

@msmilkshake: progress! Things can happen at anytime!

@rattles: so frustrating! But things could happen at anytime. I was 1 cm at 36 weeks with DS and when my water broke at 39+6 I was only like 1.5. Hopefully things start to move along for you because I can imagine how maddening this is for you!

@Winnie13: I hope your induction has gone well and you are cuddling with your sweet babies! Can't wait to hear an update!

29. winniebee

@rattles: thank you! ugh it's been a rough week! I forget, do you have an induction date or end date in sight? So frustrating to have so much pain and annoyance but no progress

30. winniebee

@MrsF: I know. It seems like just yesterday, but also a lifetime ago. Im pretty emotional about it. But, I'm trying to stay positive and focus on all the good things to come in my life.

31. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@rattles: That's so discouraging and definitely a legitimate reason for "whining"! Sorry that this pregnancy has been so tough for you. Hard to believe that our babies will be here soon but the end can feel SO long...

@bookwormmama: I'm feeling similarly - lots and lots of BH and just generally feel more tight / contracted in general but it never really gets painful or regular. I keep thinking something is happening each afternoon / evening but it just peters out after we put the kids down and I can rest.

@winniebee: I can't even imagine all of the different emotions. I think of you and Dylan so often How are T & R doing with everything? T must remember you being in the hospital this time last year.

32. winniebee

@MrsF: ah my early rising friend! They are both so excited! Especially Ty. He has had some anxiety with this pregnancy (like me!) and has asked a lot of questions - last week when we were talking about the plan for the hospital he asked "but what if the baby dies?" Which just about broke my heart. I was honest with him and told him that I thought about that too and even worried about it a little, but the truth is most babies don't die, and the doctors have told us this baby is strong and healthy and should be able to come home with us. He had never seen pictures of Dylan so I did show him our photos then and we talked about the differences between Dylan and this new baby (who still does not have a name). I think that helped to ease some of his anxiety! Ryan seems to be grasping that a baby is coming home with us, I'm a little nervous for how he is going to act around him though!! Are M and J getting excited???

33. Winnie13

kiwi / 501 posts

Hi ladies!!! Wow! What an amazing and overwhelming 2 days!!! Our sweet twins arrived on 5/26! Charlee Lynn was born at 1:01pm weighing 6lbs 15oz and 19 3/4 inches long (Pictured right)! William James was born at 1:06 weighing 8lbs 1 oz and 21 inches long (pictured left)! Charlee was out in 15 pushes and William was a Breech extraction and I had to push 3 times to get his head out! It was a wonderful and quick labor and birth! Once my water was broken and pitocin started it took 3 hours to go from a 4 to fully dilated! The last hour is when I had my epidural. I am so overjoyed and so in love!! So excited to see and hear the news of all the babies in this group!

34. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@Winnie13: wow! I can't believe how big they both were and how quickly things went for you! Awesome! Congratulations!!! They are adorable! And yay for the Friday birthday!

35. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@MrsF: I hope you are at least on Eastern time since my email told me you replied at 4:30am my time and that's too early! DS has been waking up at 6am on the weekends even though he normally sleeps until 7-7:30 during the week and it's killing me, so I can't imagine earlier wake up hours!

I would say my BH are similar. They are pretty bad and happenings all day (but not in any sort of pattern) and then start to get better at night when I'm sitting for longer periods. That's usually when baby picks up her movements and she starts like throwing herself all over the place!

36. winniebee

On Thursday, my mom helped me take out all of the baby gear and clothes and we washed and cleaned everything. I just have to take out my pump and order some new nipple tops etc. I'll throw together my hospital bag this weekend, I guess?! I have BH pretty much all day long - my stomach feels more tight than not. At night when I relax the BH slow down oddly, but then I get probably 3-4 real contractions in an hour. It also feels like he's just going to start coming through my birth canal any minute. So much pressure and stinging on my cervix lately! I haven't been checked yet - another week until my first cervical exam at 36w.

37. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Well, it was finally the real thing! Baby Boy(!) was born this morning, 5/28, at 2:10am. He's 7 lbs 8 oz and 20" long. I'll update more later, but he's simply perfect. Thank you all for your support!

38. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Winnie13: congratulations! I'm so glad everything went smoothly. They're beautiful!

39. bookwormmama

persimmon / 1198 posts

@rattles: Yay!! Congratulations! Can't wait to here more!

40. winniebee

@Winnie13: Congratulations! They are sooo precious!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee