Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Well, my appointment was pretty uneventful! I was only 7 weeks so we had to wait until my next appointment for an ultrasound. They just went over all my information and took a bunch of blood. Ultrasound scheduled for next Monday!

2. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

hi there! excited to be jumping in!

EDD: 6/23 based on ovulation date - will get official due date from the doc in 2 weeks

First child? 2nd, DS is 20 months

Any symptoms? Slightly sore boobs, lucid dreams, very thirsty, and so so tired.

Who have you told? DH! This time around I would like to tell people sooner but DH is big on keeping it to ourselves for a while, which is kind of nice. But I'm glad to have this board to vent to : ) I think we'll probably do the Harmony test around 10 weeks and then start telling people if that comes back OK. I'm excited for a potential Christmastime family reveal!

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I think I spilled all of them above already : ) Went in for first doctor's appointment today and they were able to see the sack and yolk sack. I go back in two weeks to look for the pole and a heartbeat. My cycle is long and I ovulate late so the doctor agreed we should be looking at my ovulation date rather than LMP, but will give me an EDD at the next appointment.

She also recommended I meet with the genetic counselor since I'm now officially AMA. This feels a little random to me in light of the fact that my last baby was only two years ago but definitely something that makes me nervous especially since my husband is also quite a bit older than me. But trying to keep that in the back of my head for now! I'm excited about this little bean!

3. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@nwm: Welcome and congrats! I have a 19 month old so we'll have a similar age gap

4. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Welcome! We'll have a similar age gap too - DD is 18 months old. A Christmastime reveal sounds fun!!

5. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@skinnycow: @csross217: thank you both! excited to go through this with you!

6. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@nwm: Welcome to the board. Christmas reveal will be a lot of fun

7. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Any advice on how to drink more water/fluids? Plain water is tasting gross to me, and lemon water and sparkling water are giving me heartburn Gatorade is good but I'm trying to avoid sugar, caffeine, etc.!

8. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@csross217: I've been really into black tea, specifically decaf chai. I know you're not supposed to drink green or herbal tea, but the nurse at my doctor's office told me black tea was fine when I scheduled me first appointment. Also have you thought about smoothies? A smoothie is about the only way for me to choke down breakfast these days, and they have all the benefits of the whole fruit/other stuff that goes into them. I usually make mine with frozen fruit, a spoonful of yogurt, apple cider and a handful of spinach (frozen berries are best to cover the color of the spinach) or two frozen bananas, a scoop of peanut butter, almond milk and a dash of cinnamon.

9. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: sorry sparkling water isn't doing it for you! that was my solution last pregnancy and i recently found spindrift seltzer that i'm somewhat obsessed with. have you tried hint water? it is low on sugar and has some mild flavors that help make it taste better than regular. or maybe that has the same problems as lemon water

10. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@karenbme: I'll have to try tea! Just wondering - do you know why you aren't supposed to have green tea? I know caffeine is an issue, but is there something else about it? I just bought a box ...

@nwm: Maybe I'll try that! I tried just plain lemon sparkling water, but I think the fizziness was what gave me heartburn. I like the idea of something with a little flavor but low sugar.

11. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@csross217: The nurse said that green tea can impact the body's absorption of folate. I don't remember what about green tea is a problem, but it associates with neural tube defects.

12. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@csross217: Although, I just searched pubmed and found this NIH paper (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18551467) that says that both green and black tea decrease folic acid absorption, so, now I don't know...

13. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Welcome and congratulations! That's so exciting that you already had your first doctor's appointment.

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/11 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/13 - Skinnycow (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    10/20 - Csross217
    10/31 - Skinnycow
    11/2 - Sunflowerbee
    11/14 - Ms. RV, Sunflowerbee
    11/22 - Skinnycow

14. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: Interesting about green tea! I drank it my entire first pregnancy and have been drinking it this pregnancy as well. Something to ask my OB about I guess.

@csross217: Have you considered the flavored water drops? I don't know what they're called but I know Crystal Light makes some. Also, FWIW my OB recommends Gatorade. It is full of sugar but if that's the only way you can get enough water down then go for it!:

15. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: also thanks for the welcome!

@sunflowerbee: thanks! i have another appt 11/6 as well--my doctor's office is definitely big on appointments and i'm on board

16. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Added! So is my doctor's office. I was already able to schedule my 12 weeks and 20 weeks ultrasound appointments with the prenatal testing center to ensure I can get evening appointments for after work.

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/11 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/13 - Skinnycow (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    10/20 - Csross217
    10/31 - Skinnycow
    11/2 - Sunflowerbee
    11/6 - Nwm
    11/22 - Skinnycow

17. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Anyone else starving? I know you're not supposed to need the extra calories until the 2nd trimester but I've been SO hungry this week. Maybe it's because I've been trying to get more steps in, though...

Also, my bloat is seriously out of control. I look very obviously pregnant by the end of the day - to the point where my husband will randomly look at me and say "whoa"

18. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@skinnycow: I'm struggling with the opposite! Barely any appetite but I need to eat every couple hours to control the nausea. I don't remember it being this bad the first time around....

I feel you with the bloat. I look very obviously pregnant by the end of the day too and need to wear loose shirts every day to work. DH totally doesn't get it though - he's like there's no way that's the baby already, what is going on?! Of course it's not, it's just that I'm backed up and bloated!

19. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@skinnycow: @csross217: my appetite right now feels unchanged so i am trying to take advantage and eat super healthy, since it did not take long last time for me to start feeling nauseous and/or ravenous and my nutrition goals went right out the window for basically the duration of my pregnancy and the whole time i was breastfeeding.

meanwhile, my positive pregnancy test took a long while to come up (although i stopped testing for a while around 12ish dpo) and i made the mistake of googling about that this morning. feeling anxious for the next few weeks to pass uneventfully. (i'm also up for a huge promotion in about 6-7 weeks so i want those weeks to pass too. basically i'm just a ball of nerves right now!)

20. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@skinnycow: My appetite seems to vary between ravenous and not at all hungry. I'm trying to make more of an effort to eat small snacks throughout the day rather than 3 meals but it's been a struggle. My DH now dreads the question "What do you want for dinner tonight?" since I can be very indecisive if I don't have a strong craving, haha.

I don't have any bloat yet so I don't have anything to hide for right now. Maybe it's a FTM vs. STM thing?

21. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@csross217: I was like that for the last couple weeks also but my nausea seems to have vanished this week. Hopefully that's not a bad thing!

@nwm: Was it a digital? I feel like those always take forever. I had to stop taking tests because I drive myself insane. I'm also up for promotion at work so I'm trying to hide my pregnancy until the second trimester (although I don't think it would make a difference if they found out).

22. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@skinnycow: yes it was--that is comforting!

i know, i'm extremely committed to hiding it. it obviously shouldn't make a difference, but it's a political process involving a lot of decisionmakers and i just feel like i can't trust that it definitely won't have an impact. i have one fall/winter dress with a bell shaped skirt that is very forgiving but definitely doesn't look like a maternity dress, and i see a lot of that dress in my near future, haha! when do you hear about your promotion?

23. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@nwm: Yeah, totally understand. I feel like I was discriminated against for having a child at my prior employer so I'm being extra careful this time. Thankfully I mainly wear flowy shirts/dresses so hopefully they won't be suspicious.
    I should find out in the next week or two. I'm 99% sure I'm getting it, but you never know... What about yours?

24. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@skinnycow: oooh that's exciting good luck!!! my promotion would be to be a partner at my firm so there is a big vote of all partners in the middle of december. still feels painfully far away.

25. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@nwm: Ah yeah totally get the competitiveness of partnership from my previous job. I'm not a lawyer (I'm a CPA) but I worked in public accounting up until earlier this year. Hopefully the next couple months will fly by!

26. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Good luck! Will you try to wait to announce until after you find out if you make partner?

@skinnycow: Small world - I’m a CPA too and also used to work in public accounting!

27. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: thanks!! we'll probably tell some close family before but yeah, not announcing at work until after that decisions is done.

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@sunflowerbee: Yes, small world! I've been out of public for 8 months and I'm loving it on the outside lol.

29. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@skinnycow: I’ve been out for 16 months and agree that the grass is much greener on the other side! Haha.

30. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

First ultrasound this morning! Things look great Measuring a week behind based on LMP which puts my due date as June 18. Strong heartbeat. My next appt is Nov. 8.

31. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@csross217: Great news! Guess I'm not the only one measuring behind

32. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@skinnycow: Yes! I'm not too concerned as it was only my 3rd cycle after I stopped BFing and it was really screwy. We were NTNP and not really tracking.... I thought I knew when I ovulated but it must have happened later!

33. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm sure you just ovulated later then! I was a little concerned because we only had sex once that cycle (whoops) but I'm pretty sure it just implanted late. I didn't get a positive test until about 13-14 dpo.

34. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@csross217: Forgot to hit reply above

35. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Glad to hear your ultrasound went well! I'll update your due date.

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/6 - Dr. Pepper (#3)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/13 - Skinnycow (#2)
    6/16 - Karenbme (#1)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    10/31 - Skinnycow
    11/2 - Sunflowerbee
    11/6 - Nwm
    11/8 - Csross217
    11/22 - Skinnycow

36. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@csross217: awesome! must have been so great to hear that little heartbeat i am definitely counting down the days til my appointment next week.

sounds like you, me, and @skinnycow are in the exact same boat, measuring a week behind based on LMP! @skinnycow: i'm exactly the same in that we stopped having sex because i started feeling crappy, and it took a while to get a positive after that. i also was using the cheapest drugstore-brand digital i could find so i'm thinking that might have had some effect too. glad to be in such good company

37. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@nwm: Funny that we're all in the same boat! I have a follow-up ultrasound tomorrow to make sure all is still okay with the baby. My doctor only scheduled it because he could tell I was nervous about my dates being off... it's nice to know this is a common thing!

38. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

felt my first pangs this morning of just slight nausea/dizziness from hormones before eating. i compensated by getting veggie burger and fries from my favorite place for lunch. 1500 calories later, no regrets.

39. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: I'm in the same boat!! I feel like I'm constantly snacking because the minute I start to feel hungry the nausea takes over.... or that's what I'm telling myself after eating 3 pieces of pizza for lunch

40. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Sorry to be a bummer but unfortunately my ultrasound didn't go well this morning. Baby was measuring 6w4d with no heartbeat. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy 9 months

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee