Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2018 moms!

1. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: i think beforehand she just explains what they're testing for and the risks, and then if we get any significant results we have the option to meet with her again to talk through what the results mean. if she is really just explaining what's being tested for i think that would be helpful, and i presume from the term "counselor" that she's good at dealing with and comforting people, but really the last thing i want is an hour-long reminder about how high risk we are because of our ages!

2. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Thank you! That's awesome that your insurance covered NIPT last time for you. Yeah I was slightly disappointed to learn that the integrated screen bloodwork does not identify the sex of the baby and that only the NIPT does. Guess we'll have to wait for the anatomy scan later on! That's really awesome that your practice has you meet with a genetic counselor so you'll be able to ask questions and they'll be able to help you interpret your results. Hopefully she doesn't lecture you about your ages!

@Ms. RV: So I called my insurance company this afternoon. I found out that they do cover both the integrated screen bloodwork (NT) and the NIPT but require a doctor's pre-authorization before the testing is done in order for it to be covered. So now I'll have to call my doctor's office to see what they say. Since I'm under 35, I don't think they'll say the NIPT is medically necessary for me so I'll probably just have the NT scan done.

3. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sunflowerbee: It's on my to-do list today to call my insurance company.... My NT is scheduled for Dec. 5 but I still need to make sure it's covered by my insurance. It was last time, but I had to switch insurance since then and my new one has been pretty crappy so far in terms of prenatal coverage... I'm under 35 so I'm worried that they won't consider it necessary even though it's been recommended by my OB.

4. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@csross217: Insurance stuff confuses me so much. I am on a HDHP which is really simple... I pay every thing out of pocket until I hit my deductible. Which I have yet to do. I would have this year if DD had gotten an echo at the cardiologist this year but she was not in the mood that day and the doctor was not arguing with an 18 month old!

5. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

How is everyone feeling?

6. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

i'm feeling pretty good, except super worried that i'm feeling so good! last pregnancy i had almost no symptoms except briefly sore boobs, until i got a bit of nausea around maybe 10 weeks. this time, i immediately had a fair amount of nausea when i didn't eat, sore boobs, and extreme exhaustion. and i was so bloated! all of those things have really lessened lately...which is surely nice, but it seems early for things to even out, isn't it? i'm only 10 weeks yesterday. who knows. i have another ultrasound on friday and definitely eager to get in to the doctor.

otherwise, we had a very nice thanksgiving at my parents' and i was super productive in getting some christmas shopping done. i do love this time of year! how is everyone else feeling? how are you @Ms. RV?

7. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

Hey ladies, I figured I would update the list. Please let me know if there are any changes that need to be made. Please also let me know if you'd like to add any upcoming appointments!

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    12/1 - Nwm
    12/5 - Sunflowerbee

8. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: I'm feeling well. Officially 13 weeks today and almost in the 2nd trimester! I had an ultrasound and NT testing on Friday and everything looks good. Baby was measuring on track and is looking more and more baby-like each time. We got a lot of great print-outs that we'll probably use in our social media announcement. I also took advantage of Black Friday and did some shopping with my mom for maternity clothes. I learned about the fascinating world of panels on pants, which I'm sure will come in handy!

@nwm: I'm glad to hear you're feeling good! I know it's hard but I'd try not to stress about lack of symptoms and enjoy feeling well! My sore boobs disappeared quickly early on and my only main symptoms are tiredness and still peeing a lot.

Question for you ladies: Have you told your boss / announced at work yet? I'm thinking of announcing next week. I'm a little bit nervous because I just started a new role about a month ago and after accepting the position, my boss told me that she's pregnant! She's due in early April so we're about 8 weeks apart. I hope that she takes the news well and we'll figure out the plan for our 1 month overlap of leave.

For those who have already announced, any tips or suggestions on what to say in the conversation? Do you advise just being direct, share your due date, and hope the news is received well?

@nwm: I remember you said you were up for a big promotion to partner. Did you hear anything yet? Are you waiting to announce until after a decision has been made?

9. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: so glad you are feeling well and had a good ultrasound and NT! what are you planning for a social media announcement? so fun and exciting! have you already told all your family and close friends?

i'm sure you're right that i should just relax. i realized this morning that my boobs are sore again and i've continued to have wackadoodle dreams, so that's good : )

haven't heard anything on the promotion yet, thanks for asking! i will find out on december 16, so still a couple weeks to wait. i am determined not to tell people before that time. i think i'm a couple weeks behind you, though, and i can't really see myself telling work before at least 12 weeks and after NIPT results. so i am just planning to wear generous tops and keep my head down.

i did find that announcing my first pregnancy went really well. every person i talked to was really excited for me and nice about it. i waited until like 14-15 weeks (i was very slow to show), and i just dropped in on the people i worked directly for and said, i just wanted to let you know that i'm expecting in february. usually that was followed by lots of congrats, etc. then i made a point of saying that of course, i'm committed to working hard right up until then and will do everything i can when the time comes to ensure a smooth transition on my cases and stay in touch (but that's still several months away!). i don't think you necessarily need to say anything but that you're pregnant, but i think it can help just to convey that you are still super serious about work even though it's such an exciting time. one issue that i encountered was that people will -- possibly without really meaning to -- start changing the work they give you in anticipation of the fact that you will be out. so i thought it was helpful to make a statement like that just to set the tone that i don't want my job or role to change at all just because i will be out for a few months (and now that i've been back a year and a half from my leave, i can definitely tell you those leave months fly by!). and then in my second trimester especially i made a point of trying to take on projects and be extra helpful just to get my point across. by third trimester i had slowed down too much for that, haha. i'm sure your announcement will go great!

10. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Thank you! Yes, we've already told all of our family and close friends and let them know that we're keeping it on the DL and off social media until I announce at work. I'm not sure yet what our exact announcement will be but I'm excited to let our larger circle know. I hear you on the crazy dreams, too!

Good luck to you with the promotion and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! Thank you so much for sharing your experience of announcing your first pregnancy. I definitely agree with you that conveying that I'm still committed to the job/work is important. I know the rest of my coworkers will be really excited once I tell them (I haven't told anyone yet since I didn't want my boss accidentally hearing it through the grapevine). I guess I'm just nervous since my boss is currently pregnant and keeps talking about how I'll be taking over this and that in her absence. Thanks again for the advice!

11. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@nwm: Symptoms alleviating at 10 weeks is lucky! I think I have heard that it starts to turn typically at 12 weeks so maybe you are an over-achiever this pregnancy Good luck with your ultrasound. Is it an NT?

@sunflowerbee: Glad to hear your NT went well! I also did some shopping for maternity clothes. I haven't told my boss yet, but I am pretty sure he knows. Last time I just said "Oh hey by the way I am pregnant. Due in August. Working until my due date and not taking any additional time past the six weeks." If your boss is due 8 weeks before you, I would definitely tell her soon. There is a fair chance you could both be out with overlap if she goes late/you go early/she has c-section.

I am doing pretty well. I am super showing though. I swear I am bigger at 12 weeks than I was at 16 weeks last time. Weird thing is I have only gained two pounds, and I am only five pounds up from my first pre-pregnancy weight. I also have to go shopping for new bras already, which I didn't do until like 8 months last time. But I am seriously ready to burst!

12. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Oh and I am surprised that there are only four of us! Maybe June isn't a popular birth month!

13. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: Thanks for sharing how you told your boss last time. Yes you're absolutely right that there could be more overlap depending on when we both give birth. We both can take up to 12 weeks under FMLA so if we deliver nearish our due dates, there'd be about a 4 week overlap. It's her first baby too.

Wow, that's pretty cool that you're already showing! I don't have a bump yet so my maternity clothes shopping was more so to have them at the ready when needed, haha.

I'm also surprised that there are so few of us here! If there are any other June mamas lurking, feel free to join in! I've noticed that both the May and July due date boards are pretty active/popular.

@Csross217, how are you doing/feeling?

14. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

i was surprised by so few folks too! i am a june birthday and always had the impression that it was a very popular month, but i guess it's all pretty random!

15. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: thanks so much for the good thoughts! your boss might be extra surprised because she's envisioning you stepping up during her pregnancy, but hopefully if anyone is going to be understanding it's going to be another pregnant woman!

@Ms. RV: thanks! ha, let's hope that's what it is : ) not an NT scan, just one more at the doc's office and at the same time doing bloodwork for NIPT. i'm still on the fence about the NT--are you doing one?

16. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sunflowerbee: I'm doing pretty well! Feeling a little more "normal" but still tired and moody... I'm 11 weeks today and will be so happy to be out of the first trimester! NT scan next Monday, so planning to tell everyone after that.

I did have to tell my boss already, mostly because she guessed and I didn't want to lie (she's super happy for me!) With my first pregnancy, I just made sure to reassure my boss that my work responsibilities were still top priority, and that I would make sure all of my duties were covered while I was on maternity leave. I scheduled meetings with each coworker who would be taking over my duties and gave them a thorough summary of my projects with deadlines, etc. This time went pretty much the same way and was well received.

@Ms. RV: I compared pictures from my last pregnancy and right now I look the same as I did at 15-16 weeks before

17. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

Due Date: June 22
    Second Baby (Feb 2015)
    No symptoms except days with major exhaustion and sooo many pimples! Feeling better rolling into week 11!
    Next Doctor's apt is 12/11

Anyone getting a bump yet? I want to wait until week before Christmas to announce at work but I am nervous one morning I will POP! I think with my first I could still hide it through 16 weeks and I'm not a tiny lady, short and curvy actually!

18. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@trixi: Welcome, and congrats!!

The bump is in full force over here.... I'm running out of baggy clothes to wear to work! Planning to tell/stop hiding it once I have my NT scan on Monday. Had to tell a few friends at my fitness class yesterday because there's just no hiding it anymore in workout clothes!

19. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: welcome trixi! so glad to have you in the group! we are almost due date twins.

i don't feel like i look at all like i have a BUMP bump, but i look like i've been eating too much. which, i probably have anyway! i am definitely wearing a lot of baggy tops and blazers to cover my midsection.

20. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: Welcome and congratulations! So excited to have you join us! This is my first baby so I have no bump yet at 13+2. I am also short and curvy so I'm excited for when my bump decides to arrive, haha. But for now, it does make it easier to hide from work.

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    12/1 - Nwm
    12/5 - Sunflowerbee
    12/11 - Trixi

21. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@nwm: I am not getting an NT. Some days I regret the decision because it would be nice to see the baby, but then my anatomy scan feels so close (Jan 19) that I am okay with it.

@trixi: Welcome! I am 12+5 and I am definitely bumped. I am short and generally have a very flat stomach but it isn't muscular so it doesn't hold the bump in. I am still in regular clothes, but I only wear elastic waistbands or dresses.

22. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: whooooa that date just blew my mind! that seems close to me too. everyone says your second pregnancy goes faster than the first; right now it feels like time is moving so slowly between appointments but i'm sure there will come a time when it feels like we suddenly hit fast forward.

23. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@nwm: I think this one is going faster so far because of the holidays.. it felt like no time between Halloween and Thanksgiving and now the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is going to fly by. My next appt isn't until the day after Christmas and that feels like a long time away.

24. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Jan 19 IS CLOSE! My anatomy scan isn't scheduled yet but I am guessing mine will be close to end of January too. Which means HALFWAY!

I sure hope this one goes faster. Last time I was a week overdue in February and it seemed so slow moving. Hoping Spring and being outside will keep me happier in those last few months/weeks this time around!

25. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: I definitely agree with you that the holidays are helping to make the months fly by. I have my anatomy scan scheduled for the week before yours on Jan. 11. It feels far away because it's in 2018 but it's also only 6 weeks away!

26. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: Whoa so mine is only 7 weeks away. Goodness that is so soon!

27. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

my appointments today went well! strong heartbeat, baby is growing well and looking much more like a gummy bear instead of a blob! i honestly went into the genetic counseling session with kind of a bad attitude but it ended up being fairly informative. and my doctor talked me into doing the NT and the NIPT.

i think my bump officially looks bumpy though. don't know how i'm going to keep this under wraps at work for two more weeks!

28. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Congrats on a great appointment! I know I'm definitely excited that the baby is looking more and more baby-like and less like an (adorable) blob, haha. Did you schedule your appointments for NT and NIPT? I'm glad to hear the genetic counseling went well too.

I hope your bump will cooperate so you're able to still hide it at work! Maybe try for looser fitting tops, if you're not already wearing them?

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: thank you!! yes, i have definitely been aiming for looser fitting tops--but now that i actually wear my tops with a belly, i realize i don't have that many that actually qualify as looser fitting it feels like even my looser tops just hang in a way that my belly protrudes. sigh! i'll figure out something...or spend two weeks rotating between one blouse and one dress i have that definitely do the trick

how are you feeling about your announcement next week?

30. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Do you have any maternity tops from your previous pregnancy that maybe don't scream maternity top? I'm sure it's harder to disguise it the bigger and bigger the bump gets.

I'm feeling a little bit nervous about the announcement next week. I'm just hoping that the news is received well and all of my worrying is for nothing. I also feel like it's sort of like ripping off a band-aid and will probably aim to tell my 2 bosses early on Monday morning. Fingers crossed it all goes ok!

31. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

no, i was actually thinking of going for a maternity top but honestly my bump totally stuck out in most of them--lots of drapey sweaters and ruched tshirts. i'm going to try to dig deep in my closet this weekend!

i'm sure it will be totally great! agree it makes sense to get it done with early so that you don't have to think about it anymore.

i'm now going hunting for a cute 'big brother' shirt...i think we'll announce to our families by having my son show up at family holiday events wearing it. i'm excited about it

32. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

I am a bit nervous to announce at work too, even though I am sure everyone will be happy for me. It's a combination of guilt of hiding something from people I see all day every day, and also another co-worker (who is due a few days before me!) already announced she's expecting at work and so now I know that there will be TWO of us on leave at the same time. We don't do the same job, but we are a small company so I am wondering more how my supervisor will react.

Can you wear any oversized sweaters? Thankfully here in the midwest it is supposed to cool down next week, so I can get out a few chunky sweaters to get me through the next few weeks...I hope!

@NWM I ordered a dinosaur big brother t shirt from amazon to tell my family. took my parents a good 15 minutes to read it! haha they loved it though.

33. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: ugh, i hate that we all have to deal with so much politics at work! fingers crossed it will go great and folks will be understanding.

bulky sweaters are a great call. it is pretty chilly here too (and i start wearing sweaters as soon as it drops below 65 anyway)!

did you find any places where you thought the big brother shirts were extra cute? i'm underwhelmed by the selection. haha, that would totally be my family! it sounds cute though : ) i thought about getting one that i like the design of that just says "brother," but then i was like...my parents will not pick up on that at ALL haha. i need one that really spells out like, I'M BECOMING A BIG BROTHER SOON. BECAUSE MY MOM IS PREGNANT WITH A BABY. honestly just wondering if i should do a print your own.

34. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM here is the one I bought. We've washed it a few times already (he wore it for both sets of grandparents) and it's still in like new shape! It ran TTS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073S3P1R8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

35. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: so cute! thanks!

36. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

Had my NT scan this morning! It was soooooo good to see baby again He/she was super active and wiggling all around. The tech said everything looked good, but we'll see what the radiologist thinks. We brought DD but she wasn't interested at all and ended up watching Elmo on my phone.

How is everyone preparing their LO's to be a big sister/brother? I've tried explaining to DD that there's a baby in Mama's belly, but she totally doesn't get it. She's 19 months old so maybe as it gets further along I can explain it differently?

37. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 glad everything looked good!

We told LO that there is a baby in my belly too and he talks about it but not sure if he really gets it. We ask him if it's a girl baby or boy baby and typically he says girl. But we think because his friend at the babysitter just got a little sister. haha He'll be 3 in Feb!

38. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: So I told my pregnant boss and my other boss my news first thing this morning and they both took it very well! My pregnant boss said she had some suspicions because she noticed I had a few doctor's appointments recently. I also told their boss who is the head of the department and he was really excited for me too. We joked that there must be something in the water because I'm #5 in our department (the other 3 are male coworkers whose wives are pregnant or just recently gave birth). I am so, so relieved that the news is out and that everyone took it well.

@trixi: I wish you the best of luck with telling your work. Hopefully they react well too! And that big brother dinosaur shirt is adorable!

@csross217: Congrats on a great NT scan! It's so much fun when they're active and you can see them swimming around in there! That's really funny that your DD was more into Elmo than baby, haha.

39. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: hooray! for some reason i was really confident it would go well for you : ) glad you have that off your chest.

@csross217: congrats on the good scan!! that is awesome to see some movement.

we haven't even started trying to introduce my son to the concept yet, both because i'm not sure he's going to get it fully in any case, and because he's a little echo right now and would surely repeat the news to everyone he sees (at least in a form clear enough to raise suspicions, like "mommy baby!"). there was a great thread on the boards just late last week with some good tips for getting a young sibling prepared for the news, i will see if i can dig it up. DS (21 months) is very into books and has just started to grasp how thrilling daniel tiger episodes are, so i plan to lean heavily on those resources.

random but funny story this made me think of, literally like three days after i got my positive pregnancy test, DS was trying very adorably to do a headstand--he did not get close, but was flipping himself upside down with his butt up and leaning on his head. i described this to our nanny, who is from the caribbean, and she said "back home they would say when your child is doing that it means another sibling is on the way." i nearly did a spit take! so maybe he knows in some very metaphysical way, haha.

40. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee