6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/10 - Trixi
    1/11 - Sunflowerbee (Anatomy scan)
    1/20 - Ms. RV (Anatomy scan)
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    2nd week of Feb - Trixi (Anatomy scan)

@trixi: I like your scientific reasoning for having a girl! Haha. My department has had 3 babies born in the past 6 months and I noticed yesterday that they followed the pattern of Girl, Boy, Girl. Another male coworker's wife is due any day now and they're having a boy. And then my boss is due 2 months before me and she's not finding out what she's having. So if we continue the pattern, that means she's having a girl and I'll have a boy. The Chinese calendar predicts boy for me, but I'm realllly hoping to be team , mostly because we still can't choose a boy name, haha.

2. Ms. RV

persimmon / 1359 posts

@sunflowerbee: Ever since I had DD and lived in nursing camis, I haven't worn underwire since. I have to get recertified every three years, and I can either earn points or take a brutal four hour test to do so. Speaking at the conference is like 25% of the points that I need so I think I will risk it.

@trixi: How does your morning sickness compare between the two pregnancies? I always here girls make you sicker than boys.

@csross217: It would be very memorable if you had to cut your training short because you went into labor! Is it an internal training or one that people pay your company to give?

3. nwm

cherry / 216 posts

my 20 week scan will be week of feb 5! have to schedule it but have been super slammed at work.

we already know the gender but i think we're going to tell the world after the anatomy scan so i'll share here then too i just feel bad telling you guys when i know my mom is absolutely dying to know and i refuse to tell her haha.

4. trixi

coffee bean / 36 posts

@Ms. RV no morning sickness for either! We'll see for my son I KNEW it was a boy before we went to the scan, we will see if I can get 2/2!!

@sunflowerbee we tested the Chinese calendar at a family get together for our siblings and it was correct about 9/10!

5. csross217

apricot / 498 posts

@Ms. RV: It's one that people pay our company to attend - if it was internal, it would be much easier I think! I'm also worried about pumping, etc. during training days after baby is here!

My scan is scheduled for Jan 31, but my best friend works at an MFM and has offered to scan me this weekend while she's on call!!! I'm sooooo tempted, but DH has to work and wouldn't be able to be there with me. He says he doesn't mind, but it would feel really weird to find out gender without him there...

6. sunflowerbee

grape / 93 posts

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/10 - Trixi
    1/11 - Sunflowerbee (Anatomy scan)
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    1/31 - Csross217 (Anatomy scan)
    2/2 - Trixi (Anatomy scan)
    Week of 2/5 - Nwm (Anatomy scan)
    2/6 - Sunflowerbee
    '
    @Ms. RV: That's awesome that you haven't worn underwire since your DD. I feel like it'll be really hard to transition back, haha.

@nwm: Haha you can definitely tell your mom before you tell us! It's already driving my mom crazy that we're trying to keep the news to ourselves. She told me this weekend that she's going to start a pool of how soon we'll crack and share the news. She gave me two weeks. I'd like to think I have more willpower than that!

@csross217: I bet that is really tempting to have your friend do your scan. But the 31st is only 3 weeks away from today and you'll probably be more excited to find out together with your DH!

7. trixi

coffee bean / 36 posts

apt went well! HB was 145 and my next appointment for Anatomy Scan is 02/07. Sooo looking forward to it!

8. sunflowerbee

grape / 93 posts

My ultrasound and anatomy scan went really well last night! We were with the tech for about an hour. The baby was very active and we got to see it sucking its thumb, kicking around, arching its back to get a great shot of its spine, and all the internal organs. We counted 10 fingers and 10 toes with the tech and looked at the brain stem too. As a FTM, it was insanely cool to see what technology can do and how detailed the scans are! I have anterior placenta so I haven't felt kicks yet (and may not for another 1-4 weeks) but it was awesome to watch the baby somersaulting around in there.

About midway through, the tech told us that she knew the gender, gave us a moment to collect ourselves, and then told us the news. We told her that we're keeping it a secret between just DH and I (and the tech too! haha) and she was able to show us the internal private parts and how they tell girls and boys apart. We got a lot of great print-outs as well. At 19+3, the baby's heartbeat was 158 bpm and weighed in at 11 oz. Carters is currently having a clearance sale so we celebrated the news by ordering some adorable gender-specific onesies!

It was such an amazing experience. I hope everyone else enjoys their upcoming anatomy scans too!

9. csross217

apricot / 498 posts

@sunflowerbee: That's amazing! So glad you had a great appointment!!!

My decision to possibly find out gender this weekend has been made for me - getting an ice storm tomorrow so there's no way I'll be going anywhere! I'm happy about it as I'd rather wait for DH to be with me at the anatomy scan. Also, feeling TONS of kicks the last few days, which is always so cool

10. trixi

coffee bean / 36 posts

@sunflowerbee SO awesome baby was sucking thumb! Wow!
    We go Feb 7 for ours & I am counting down the days! I'll be almost 21 weeks by then so will be neat to see the difference from the first US at 9 wk. We will be celebrating when we find out too with girl or boy purchases I have plans to shop for new baby room stuff on presidents day as it's a bank holiday. I figure two weeks will give me time to plan out my color scheme...not that I'm not saving things left and right to Pinterest already!

@csross217 you will be happy you waited. Stay warm with all the ice. We got it last night and it's a slick and cold one today (versus yesterday at 58 degrees!)

11. sunflowerbee

grape / 93 posts

OSTS

2 DAYS AGO DELETE FLAG
    June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    1/31 - Csross217 (Anatomy scan)
    2/7 - Trixi (Anatomy scan)
    Week of 2/5 - Nwm (Anatomy scan)
    2/6 - Sunflowerbee

@csross217: Thank you!! That definitely makes sense to stay indoors. That's awesome about all the baby kicks!!

@trixi: Thank you!! It was so cool seeing the baby sucking its thumb and putting its hand in its mouth. It seemed really coordinated! Haha. It's crazy how much our baby grew from 12 weeks to 19 weeks and that it actually looks like a baby now! I'm sure your appointment will be here before you know it! And I totally hear you on the nursery pinning spree, haha.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee