6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/10 - Trixi
    1/11 - Sunflowerbee (Anatomy scan)
    1/20 - Ms. RV (Anatomy scan)
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    2nd week of Feb - Trixi (Anatomy scan)

@trixi: I like your scientific reasoning for having a girl! Haha. My department has had 3 babies born in the past 6 months and I noticed yesterday that they followed the pattern of Girl, Boy, Girl. Another male coworker's wife is due any day now and they're having a boy. And then my boss is due 2 months before me and she's not finding out what she's having. So if we continue the pattern, that means she's having a girl and I'll have a boy. The Chinese calendar predicts boy for me, but I'm realllly hoping to be team , mostly because we still can't choose a boy name, haha.

2. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: Ever since I had DD and lived in nursing camis, I haven't worn underwire since. I have to get recertified every three years, and I can either earn points or take a brutal four hour test to do so. Speaking at the conference is like 25% of the points that I need so I think I will risk it.

@trixi: How does your morning sickness compare between the two pregnancies? I always here girls make you sicker than boys.

@csross217: It would be very memorable if you had to cut your training short because you went into labor! Is it an internal training or one that people pay your company to give?

3. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

my 20 week scan will be week of feb 5! have to schedule it but have been super slammed at work.

we already know the gender but i think we're going to tell the world after the anatomy scan so i'll share here then too i just feel bad telling you guys when i know my mom is absolutely dying to know and i refuse to tell her haha.

4. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@Ms. RV no morning sickness for either! We'll see for my son I KNEW it was a boy before we went to the scan, we will see if I can get 2/2!!

@sunflowerbee we tested the Chinese calendar at a family get together for our siblings and it was correct about 9/10!

5. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Ms. RV: It's one that people pay our company to attend - if it was internal, it would be much easier I think! I'm also worried about pumping, etc. during training days after baby is here!

My scan is scheduled for Jan 31, but my best friend works at an MFM and has offered to scan me this weekend while she's on call!!! I'm sooooo tempted, but DH has to work and wouldn't be able to be there with me. He says he doesn't mind, but it would feel really weird to find out gender without him there...

6. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/10 - Trixi
    1/11 - Sunflowerbee (Anatomy scan)
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    1/31 - Csross217 (Anatomy scan)
    2/2 - Trixi (Anatomy scan)
    Week of 2/5 - Nwm (Anatomy scan)
    2/6 - Sunflowerbee
    '
    @Ms. RV: That's awesome that you haven't worn underwire since your DD. I feel like it'll be really hard to transition back, haha.

@nwm: Haha you can definitely tell your mom before you tell us! It's already driving my mom crazy that we're trying to keep the news to ourselves. She told me this weekend that she's going to start a pool of how soon we'll crack and share the news. She gave me two weeks. I'd like to think I have more willpower than that!

@csross217: I bet that is really tempting to have your friend do your scan. But the 31st is only 3 weeks away from today and you'll probably be more excited to find out together with your DH!

7. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

apt went well! HB was 145 and my next appointment for Anatomy Scan is 02/07. Sooo looking forward to it!

8. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

My ultrasound and anatomy scan went really well last night! We were with the tech for about an hour. The baby was very active and we got to see it sucking its thumb, kicking around, arching its back to get a great shot of its spine, and all the internal organs. We counted 10 fingers and 10 toes with the tech and looked at the brain stem too. As a FTM, it was insanely cool to see what technology can do and how detailed the scans are! I have anterior placenta so I haven't felt kicks yet (and may not for another 1-4 weeks) but it was awesome to watch the baby somersaulting around in there.

About midway through, the tech told us that she knew the gender, gave us a moment to collect ourselves, and then told us the news. We told her that we're keeping it a secret between just DH and I (and the tech too! haha) and she was able to show us the internal private parts and how they tell girls and boys apart. We got a lot of great print-outs as well. At 19+3, the baby's heartbeat was 158 bpm and weighed in at 11 oz. Carters is currently having a clearance sale so we celebrated the news by ordering some adorable gender-specific onesies!

It was such an amazing experience. I hope everyone else enjoys their upcoming anatomy scans too!

9. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sunflowerbee: That's amazing! So glad you had a great appointment!!!

My decision to possibly find out gender this weekend has been made for me - getting an ice storm tomorrow so there's no way I'll be going anywhere! I'm happy about it as I'd rather wait for DH to be with me at the anatomy scan. Also, feeling TONS of kicks the last few days, which is always so cool

10. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@sunflowerbee SO awesome baby was sucking thumb! Wow!
    We go Feb 7 for ours & I am counting down the days! I'll be almost 21 weeks by then so will be neat to see the difference from the first US at 9 wk. We will be celebrating when we find out too with girl or boy purchases I have plans to shop for new baby room stuff on presidents day as it's a bank holiday. I figure two weeks will give me time to plan out my color scheme...not that I'm not saving things left and right to Pinterest already!

@csross217 you will be happy you waited. Stay warm with all the ice. We got it last night and it's a slick and cold one today (versus yesterday at 58 degrees!)

11. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

OSTS

2 DAYS AGO DELETE FLAG
    June Mamas
    6/4 - Sunflowerbee (#1)
    6/9 - Ms. RV (#2)
    6/18 - Csross217 (#2)
    6/22 - Trixi (#2)
    6/23 - Nwm (#2)

Appointments
    1/26 - Ms. RV (MFM)
    1./30 - Ms. RV
    1/31 - Csross217 (Anatomy scan)
    2/7 - Trixi (Anatomy scan)
    Week of 2/5 - Nwm (Anatomy scan)
    2/6 - Sunflowerbee

@csross217: Thank you!! That definitely makes sense to stay indoors. That's awesome about all the baby kicks!!

@trixi: Thank you!! It was so cool seeing the baby sucking its thumb and putting its hand in its mouth. It seemed really coordinated! Haha. It's crazy how much our baby grew from 12 weeks to 19 weeks and that it actually looks like a baby now! I'm sure your appointment will be here before you know it! And I totally hear you on the nursery pinning spree, haha.

12. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Hello ladies. I got the formal results back from my anatomy scan today, and everything looked normal except the pulmonary looks smaller than the aorta. They weren't sure if this was an actual heart defect or just a bad reading and recommend a fetal echo which I was already scheduled for. I am not too worried. DD has mild pulmonary stenosis so now maybe DS has it too.

Hahaha... walking out I kept asking OH what the heck do you do with a boy. I am in disbelief. Everyone in my family has two girls. But very excited, too.

13. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@Ms. RV: Congrats on a !! DH and I have a similar feeling - like, we know what to expect with a girl, what would we do with a BOY?!

14. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: congrats on the boy!! i definitely had that feeling with DS, but he is the best glad to hear everything else looked normal, and hopeful the fetal echo will give you reassuring results.

@sunflowerbee: belated congrats on the great appointment!

how is everyone doing? i'm completely overwhelmed by work which has led to some tough hours away from DS. but i've been feeling tons of little movements from the peanut so that's exciting! can't wait to get in for an anatomy scan.

questions for the second timers: are you all thinking of doing a sprinkle or anything like that? i am definitely sympathetic to the idea that some people feel the event is gift grabby--i personally love getting invited to any such events, but i also felt uncomfortable with asking people for so much even at DS's shower and really hate the ritual present opening in front of everyone. i'm just too shy for it. but have also been thinking that some sort of event to mark how excited we are for THIS baby might be nice. not sure what that would look like though. what is anyone else thinking on this topic?

15. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@nwm: I have always been a fan of sip-and-sees for second babies. I don't think we are doing anything for this baby just because of timing (too many other showers/birthdays/weddings/etc.)

16. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: Doing well! Heartburn is bad right now though, and definitely feeling pregnant. But the crazy movement is amazing! DH even felt movement through my belly the other night

I have mixed feelings on sprinkles. I love going to them myself, but don't want to seem gift grabby. My friends have mentioned wanting to throw one for me if LO is a boy, so I might do something really, really low key with just a few friends and close family. If it's a girl, I don't know if I'll bother since we have everything we need (except diapers)!

17. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@nwm I wouldn't be offended or mad that I was invited to a sprinkle of a close friend or family member...a distant cousin or an old college friend I never see...I would politely decline and probably not send a gift. I like going to showers of close friends and families, but sometimes an invite from someone I don't typically spend time with seems gift grabby or showy.

We aren't doing anything like that for this baby, but we are going to have a large 'open house' baptism party later in the summer. Which we did with DS. We had TWO showers for DS, and we did invite everyone and their mother so I'm done with that sort of thing!

@Mrs. RV Yay on baby boy! Your heart will just burst when you meet him.

18. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: Congratulations on being team !! Did you share the news with your DD?

Possible TMI question: has anyone in this pregnancy or a previous one dealt with rectal bleeding/hemorrhoids? I called my doctor's office when I first noticed bright red blood only in the rear and they recommended increasing my fiber, like eating the brand Total cereal, and taking my prenatal every other day because it has a lot of iron. I might look into a fiber supplement too. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with bleeding and any possible solutions to get it to decrease/go away. I'm not in any pain, which is good, but it's not a good sight to see blood on the TP after a BM. Again, sorry if this is TMI!

19. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@sunflowerbee: oh no! definitely not TMI, but sorry you're dealing with that! that does not sound fun. can you treat the spot with witch hazel pads/tucks? hope it goes away soon!

pregnancy is just so glamorous. i was thinking the other day how i used to think pee was just SO GROSS and now i am utterly unphased by it. mine, my kid's...i'm just like, shrug, at least it's sterile.

20. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@nwm: Thanks for your reply! Luckily I'm not in any pain right now, otherwise I definitely would look into witch hazel pads. I called my doctor yesterday and he said he thinks it sounds like they're internal and while it's unfortunate to have to deal with it, it's very common and hopefully will just flare for a few weeks and then go away on its own.

Haha I definitely hear you on the grosser side of pregnancy and taking care of babies!

21. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

MFM didn't go well today. They found the aortic valve was narrow and possibly fused in one place, the velocity of the blood into ventricle was faster than what the cardiologist would like to see (but not abnormal), and that the aorta itself might be narrowed. DS will be monitored with fetal echoes for the rest of the pregnancy (next one in three weeks).

The cardiologist said that if his aorta is in fact narrow that he'll be transferred to another hospital right after birth for treatment and likely get heart surgery within the first few weeks of life. The velocity starts to point towards left heart disease which is much more serious.

It's a whole bunch of wait and see right now, but I am a big ball of emotions.

22. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@Ms. RV I'm sorry you have this extra weight to worry about. Hopefully things gradually develop into what they like to see and DS will avoid surgery right away. Either way, it sounds stressful but it seems you're in good hands and they and you will be prepared as much as you can be. Please keep us updated as they monitor him!

23. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: So sorry to hear your MFM didn't go as well as you would've hoped. It sounds good that they caught it early on and can monitor you and DS more closely throughout your pregnancy and right after birth. I echo @trixi to please keep us updated!

24. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: very sorry to hear this!!! sending lots of good thoughts your way. sounds like you are getting the best possible advice and treatment, so fingers crossed that everything develops well!!

25. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@nwm: I'm so sorry to hear about this! Fingers crossed and sending my thoughts and prayers that things will be what they want to see as you continue with monitoring.

26. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@trixi: @sunflowerbee: @nwm: @csross217: Thanks ladies!

27. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

Happy Monday everyone! I am getting really excited I'm almost to the 20 week mark. Halfway! I'm celebrating by ordering new maternity pants for work, hah, I am already sick of my belly band. With my first pregnancy I got through it with ONE pair of maternity work slacks! How?!

Everyone finally feeling LO move around in there? I had a few handfuls of gummy worms last night while watching Netflix and baby was moving and grooving after that.

28. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@trixi: How indeed! I am impressed you made it to 20 weeks with just a belly band. Definitely feeling movement... including some swift kicks to the bladder!

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@trixi: ha, congrats! i actually got a fair amount of maternity clothes last time--that i still haven't taken down from storage! right now i am just making it through with my regular jeans/pants (my workplace is very casual unless i'm in court/at a deposition) using a hair elastic to keep the top together, because i am a CLASS ACT. one of my coworkers who is very fashionable just had her third and gave me the maternity stuff she had been using, so i am psyched about that!

and definitely feeling lots of little movements!!! so exciting...though still pretty irregular. hard to predict when they will happen, but i really enjoy them when they do : ) the baby seems to be really, really low, so it's still impossible for anyone else to feel the movements. i used to be so amused sitting in work meetings late in my last pregnancy when LO1 was clearly doing somersaults and my entire belly was actively moving independent of my body, LOL.

30. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@trixi: I am also impressed you were able to make it this far without maternity clothing! I've been living in nursing camis and maternity business casual dress pants since about week 16. I don't know how I've ever going to be able to transition back to the world of zippers, buttons, and underwire bras! Haha

I'm jealous of you guys feeling all of your LO's movements! I have an anterior placenta so I haven't felt anything yet. I'm 22 weeks today and my u/s tech said I should feel movement between 20-24 weeks, so I'm hoping it's soon. Anyone have any tips and advice on how to get your baby to move around? Do you poke and prod your stomach or try shining a flashlight and see if they move away from the light source? (That was in one of my weekly update apps this morning, haha).

31. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@sunflowerbee: Drink ice water! Like a whole glass in a short amount of time.

32. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@sunflowerbee @NWM @Ms.RV I did cheat a little, sized up on tights and nylons and I've been wearing a lot of stretchy skirts and flowy dresses to work. (I admit I have a TON of work clothes)
    I wore 1 pair of maternity pants last week and I was like YEP ORDERING MORE NOW.

@sunflowerbee Sugar! Lol, honestly if I snack on candy or ice cream ---I've felt movement while sitting still in bed watching Netflix after a sugar snack. Husband swears he even felt a little movement last week with his hand on my tummy!

33. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@Ms. RV: I do usually drink a lot of cold water throughout the day but I'll have to try this and focus on my stomach afterwards! I'm not sure if it may just still be too early with the attachment of my placenta. I've been trying to coax my baby to kick really hard so I can feel it!

@trixi: Any excuse to eat a little extra sugar or ice cream sounds good to me! Haha. My husband tries to put his hand on my belly and also swears he feels something and I'm always like "If I haven't felt it yet, you're not going to feel it yet."

34. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

my DH was able to feel a movement for the first time last night! fun stuff! it was nice to be sharing it with him. it's definitely a different experience for him i think, for us to be expecting a second, because LO1 takes up so much of our time that i never remember to tell him what if anything is going on with the baby, when we go up a fruit size on my weekly app, etc. last time we were both very focused on it so we shared EVERYTHING.

i'm excited, we had our anatomy scan scheduled for the 9th, but i now have to take a deposition on that day, and DH is traveling for work Tu-Thu of that week, so we moved it to monday the 5th. not sure why i didn't schedule it for monday to begin with! i'm really excited (and a bit nervous) to do the scan!

also, two complete strangers asked me if i was pregnant yesterday. i'm pretty sure this didn't happen to me last time until i was like 7 months along. i feel like i look so huge, people can't believe i have close to 5 months left to go

35. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@NWM Nooo it's Feb so less than 5

That's awesome that your husband can finally feel the baby and you can share! My husband likes to feel a kick here and there...but at the same time as admitted to me he feels a bit uncomfortable with it...I'm like ok but the baby is INSIDE OF ME how do you think it feels for me? LOL what a wimp.

36. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

So awesome to hear that everyone is feeling movements!!! I've been feeling them for a few weeks, but they're still too weak for DH to feel. I have an anterior placenta this time, so I think it'll be a little longer before he can really feel them.

I had my anatomy scan on Wednesday, and we're having a little boy !!!!!! We're so excited. I've always wanted one of each, but I grew up with a brother and wished for a sister so I have a little twinge of regret for DD.

Also, I've been firmly in maternity pants for a few weeks. NO WAY can I wear my regular pants, even with a belly band! I definitely wore regular pants with a belly band until probably 28 weeks last time. I can still get away with regular tops, but they're short. I've been treating myself to a few new maternity items since I have a long way to go and just want to be comfortable

37. trixi

cherry / 120 posts

@csross217 congrats on the little boy! Your hearts will be so full!

I treated myself to two pairs of maternity work pants too. I too remember wearing the belly band and regular pants until almost the end! Oh well, I'm just glad this one is due in summer time so I can wear skirts and maxi dresses to work in the end, and no tights or nylons! With DS he was a FEB baby...I got sick of buying maternity tights!

38. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

@csross217: Congrats on the baby boy!! That's so exciting that you'll have 1 of each! You mentioned that you have anterior placenta with this pregnancy. Do you remember when you were first able to feel kicks? I'm 22+4 with anterior placenta and haven't felt any movements yet. I'm planning on asking my doctor at my next appointment on Tuesday. I just really want to feel those tiny kicks!

Anyone doing anything fun for the Superbowl? My hometown Eagles are in it so the city of Philadelphia has been abuzz with excitement for the past 2 weeks. We're watching at a neighbor's house so my DH is excited that I'll be his designated walker after the game, haha. I also love the TV show This Is Us so I'm excited to watch the post-Superbowl episode.

Also, does everyone want to post when their February appointments/ultrasounds are and I'll update the calendar?

39. csross217

kiwi / 554 posts

@sunflowerbee: I was able to first feel kicks around 15 weeks, but I think it was so early because it's my second time around! The first time, my placenta was posterior and I felt them around 19 weeks. It's normal not to feel anything for a while with an anterior placenta!

Anyone else feeling Braxton Hicks yet? I've been having them for a few weeks now, and they're more uncomfortable than I remember My OB said it's normal and to drink, pee, and rest, but they started so early this time!

40. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

hey ladies! for some reason my "subscribe" updates don't seem to be working so i missed the last few updates. congrats @csross217: on the great scan and having a boy!!

we just had our scan today and everything looked great--and the sonographer reached the same conclusion as the blood test (not shocking) that it's a GIRL !!! we are super thrilled. as i mentioned before, when i found out through the blood test, even though i was so thrilled i had a moment of protectiveness because i know our families will be beside themselves (DS1 has six cousins, four are boys and the two girls live out of the country so are around much less) and i really don't think i'm going to react well if people go TOO crazy about it, haha. my DS is perfect (IMHO) and so sweet, and i would never in a million years want him to feel like people are more excited about a girl. that's why, even though our families are going to be together this weekend, i think we're going to tell before that by email/phone because it's DS's birthday celebration, and i don't want it to be about his sister at all--he'll have plenty of that coming down the pike, haha!

anyway, i'm blabbering. @sunflowerbee: i had an anterior placenta last pregnancy, and unfortunately i don't recall exactly when i first felt movement, but it was definitely on the later side, and it was WAY more muted than i am feeling now (today's scan confirmed that this time it's posterior but i was not surprised). i think i spent a couple weeks feeling really minor butterflies and wondering if it was movement, and i eventually concluded it was but it took a while to really be noticeable. i was actually amazed also in today's scan how much the baby was moving that i couldn't feel. like she was really trying to get away from the wand for a while and i felt zero.

the superbowl was so exciting!!! DH is a philly-area native so we went down and watched the game with his family. i'm a giants fan but also a longtime brady-hater, so i was very pleased by the outcome too. all in all a fun night

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee