Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I was laying in bed last night and I swear I could feel the baby moving... is that even possible?! Maybe it was gas bubbles

2. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

Lol our convo yesterday totally jinxed me and I felt awful last night

3. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Aw, sorry!

4. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

Wow so many comments regarding nausea. JUST this week I noticeably began to turn a corner. I think Wednesday was the first time I didn't experience any nausea at all. I was so scared to jinx myself but I've been acknowledging it in disbelief. I'm 14 weeks and a few days so I'm hoping this is the real deal. Man, this pregnancy was rough!! I still don't have lots of energy though, and my appetite isn't back yet. Food just seems eh but I'm sure I'll get my intense cravings soon.

I get up to pee about five or six times a night, it's annoying. I think my bladder is a lot weaker in general after two prior pregnancies and just getting older in general, lol.

I hope you ladies all kick the nausea soon! Completely! That lingering nausea at night is really annoying.

5. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Yes to the peeing! I'm peeing so much at night. I don't remember it being this bad until the third trimester with my daughter.

6. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

It's a girl! I'm so excited for my daughter to have a sister!

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: YAY! Congratulations! 😁

8. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Congratulations!

9. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: @Mrs. Toad: Thanks! 😊

10. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: congratulations!!! So exciting.

I think I’m now turning the corner as I hit 13w today. my energy is up and the nausea isn’t as bad - just small bouts of it if I wait to long to eat dinner. I got the house decorated for Christmas and presents wrapped yesterday.

Hope everyone else is well.

11. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

June 2019 Moms

SupernovaJ: June 2nd
    Megatherium: June 3rd
    Foodiebee: June 15th
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th
    MrsJBeeG: June 16th
    Skinnycow: June 18th
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st

Please let me know if I've forgotten anyone, or need to change EDDs!

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: Ahhh! So exciting!!

13. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How was everyone's weekend? I seriously think I'm turning a corner and feel like a new person. My energy isn't back though, and I still have food aversions but the MUCH milder nausea is making me super happy, lol. Work also hasn't been as crazy (our busy season is right around the holidays until late January) so I've actually gotten into the Christmas spirit this year which is my favorite time of year. We also put up all of our Christmas decor and the Christmas tunes have been on repeat all day in the house.

We got the results of my NT/ 1st trimester screening and blood work. It came back negative/normal and I am not at high risk for Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, or Trisomy 13. Feeling thankful.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

14. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: Wonderful news about your screening results! Glad everyone seems to be turning a corner!

The second trimester starts for me tomorrow and I'm so glad to be here. I'm feeling really good and have a pretty decent bump going now.

15. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@SupernovaJ: @skinnycow: Congrats to you both for your good news! I feel like I'm turning a corner, leaving nausea land and entering exhaustion land. I went to bed well before 8 p.m. a lot last week! I have a lil bump that I'm still covering at work (13 weeks). We fiiiinally gave ourselves permission to start feeling hopeful and like this is actually happening!

16. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@foodiebee: I totally forgot that even though the nausea may lift, you might still have fatigue. I'm feeling it too... hopefully it'll go away for good and that magical, energy-bursting second trimester feeling will kick in!?

That's so great those feelings are taking over some of the fear. It's totally happening!

17. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

Hi ladies! So glad to see positive updates on here.

Yesterday DH went with me to the ultrasound and meeting the maternal fetal medicine team. I wish I could say that it was good news - the doctors are concerned with the screen (it was a NIPT) and two things they saw on the ultrasound so they think it’s likely baby does have a T18 abnormality.

But after a lot of prayers this past week - I turned down CVS or ammio. While I respect women who choose those tests and other follow on decisions - it isn’t right for me. And DH is in totally agreement. So I’m with a high risk team from here on out and will be closely monitored. The doctors told us that our attitude is amazing given the news and that they would be honored to care for the three of us - which made me tear up at the appointment.

So we are walking into this with eyes wide open and understanding it’s a tough road. But it’s the right road for us. I told my family last night - my dad knows the full story but told my siblings that we are excited to be pregnant but it is high risk and there’s a chance of a loss but we want them to celebrate this pregnancy with us no matter what happens next.

It was a hard day. The doctors told me to be prepared at my next ultrasound at 17 weeks we may not hear a heart beat. I told them candidly I was prepared (as much as one can be) not to hear it this time and there it was - beautifully besting at 163 beats and we even heard it and saw the baby moving around and stretching it’s little legs.

I wanted to share. I feel very calm - as I have. I think it’s faith - God put us on this road for some reason so we are going to see it through. Doesn’t mean I don’t have concerns and worry but overall I feel in my heart everything will be okay. And that feeling is guiding me through this journey.

So I welcome all prayers that our baby fights and beats the odds. I was born way early and my parents were told I’d die in the first 24 hours and I made it. And my DH has a rough beginning so I’m hoping this one is a fighter too. Hope and faith are my watchwords this pregnancy.

So please don’t feel sad - pleas rejoice in your good news and keep sharing - it makes me feel so hopeful. All of you ladies are the best. (Sorry for the text but I wanted to share - as I told my family - I’m now focusing on the positive and celebrating an unexpected pregnancy for as long as I can).

18. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm sorry the news wasn't what you wanted but you have a wonderful attitude! I will send good thoughts and prayers your way that your little one beats the odds

19. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Sending you nothing but love and support! So thankful that you have a medical team you feel comfortable with to help guide you forward.

20. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Good luck! You will be the best mother to this child.

21. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I am completely tearing up reading your post. I can't help but admire your positivity and outlook on this. Thinking of your precious little one and your family, and praying for a miracle.

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@MrsJBeeG: so much

23. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@MrsJBeeG: your positivity and outlook on this whole situation is admirable. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

24. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@SupernovaJ: thank you. Your response made my eyes water so let’s sniffle together.

Thank you to all my hellobee friends who have responded. I wasn’t going to post and was going to quietly stop using the site given what we are facing. But I decided that I’d rather share the whole situation - even my slightly crazy positive attitude - because it helps me and I consider you all wonderful friends. Even if we can’t get together for a decaf latte like I would like.

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsJBeeG: all the . Your outlook on this is beautiful. Praying for your little family

26. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

How was everyone's weekend? I had my last appointment for the year and won't go back till mid Jan for the anatomy scan at ~20 weeks. They took a final blood draw to test for neural tube defects and everything looks good.

I thought I was coming out of the woods with the nausea but I was completely sick this past weekend with incredible fatigue. I had a good stretch for about 4 days where I barely felt any nausea at all and was SO happy. But after yesterday's low I'm pretty pessimistic this is going away completely anytime soon. Of course it's always possible but I hear of women having MS the entire pregnancy and wonder if it'll happen to me.

Hope everyone is feeling awesome.

27. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@SupernovaJ: I was just whining to my DH that my nausea isn’t really improving and I hit 14 weeks yesterday. I am wondering if I’m going to suffer from queasiness the entire pregnancy road too. I don’t actually throw up very often - maybe one a week for a spell - so I know it could be worse but it certainly is draining and not much fun.

But I’ll keep my fingers crossed we all star improving!

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: @MrsJBeeG: I'm sorry your nausea is sticking around for so long!

I'm doing well other than peeing ALL THE TIME but I'll take that over the first trimester yuckiness. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. The beginning of pregnancy felt like it was barely dragging on and now it's flying by!

29. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Oh no, hope you start feeling better too. I've actually never thrown up from pregnancy nausea but this time it is making me "gag" from time to time. I'm feeling somewhat decent today, and oddly enough, craving Chef Boyardee--which I don't think I've had since I was a kid. Things to file under weird pregnancy cravings...

@skinnycow: I am also peeing SO MUCH. Especially in the middle of the night, maybe 5 or 6 times. My bladder has definitely gotten weaker over the years, I feel like it's much more sensitive even if I'm not holding in a ton. Agree, this pregnancy feels like it's flying by now...ahh!

30. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

*Raises hand* still sick over here. But it is lessening. I threw up twice in the past week, and have had a few nights of nausea too. It's not every day, but it's still hanging around. I go for another checkup today!

31. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I'm finally feeling better at 14+3. I accidently tried to go without medicine (B6 and Unisom) for two days and threw up on the second day and felt bad in the evening again. I'm still taking meds and will for probably another week or two.

I had a prenatal appointment on Thursday. Found out the NIPT was low risk. We are Team Green again, so didn't want to know the sex.

Yesterday I scheduled the anatomy scan for January 17. It's a Level II scan with MFM as I am AMA. Next prenatal appointment is on January 25. Hopefully, I start to feel the baby more often in the next few weeks.

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Toad: My anatomy scan is on the 17th also. Glad you're feeling better!

33. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

It’s a

Got a call from the high risk doctor and she said she located it in my records (system was down during our visit last week) and told me. DH wasn’t there but didn’t mind me learning (we both wanted to know).

I more care about praying for a healthy baby but it’s exciting to know. Not certain we are telling anyone else right away. DH only had a girl name - he was convinced it was a girl - so he’s switching gears and thinking of a boy name.

Just wanted to share good news since I don’t know what tomorrow holds.

34. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Congratulations! Boys are great! I'm hoping he's healthy as well.

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MrsJBeeG: Congrats!

36. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I'm feeling so much movement already at 14+2! It's so crazy - I didn't feel distinct movement like this until 18 weeks with my daughter.

I've had a hard time connecting to the baby due to my fear of losing the pregnancy but I finally feel like this is happening and the movement is helping me connect

We've settled on a name already - has anyone else started thinking about names?

37. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: We've been talking names casually, but haven't really decided. Middle names are chosen for both girl and boy. Girl's middle will be after my sister, who died last Dec and boy's will be my maiden name.

38. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

June 2019 Moms

SupernovaJ: June 2nd
    Megatherium: June 3rd
    Foodiebee: June 15th
    Mrs. Toad: June 15th
    MrsJBeeG: June 16th
    Skinnycow: June 18th
    Mrs. Blush: June 21st

39. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

We have a list of names going for both a boy and a girl since we're TG. We have a pretty short list of boy names we like, but our list of girl names is all over the place! First time having to settle on two and not referring to the baby by name this pregnancy since we're TG. I wonder if I'll feel less connected to the baby later down the pregnancy?

My anatomy scan is on Jan 18, hoping to see some 3D images of the face, so curious.

40. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

How's everyone doing?

The last couple weeks have flown by - I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow! I feel great and am feeling lots of baby movement.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee