Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2019 Mamas!

1. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Oh my gosh, I can't believe they make you wait that long for your results. I was a nervous wreck and I only had to wait until late afternoon.

@Sams Mom: Good to know. I'll guess I'll have to see once we switch back over from the RE. I don't mind the idea of seeing all the drs, though I've never had a male dr before, so that would be a new experience.

@MamaBear87: We're team green! We've been TTC for so long we already have names picked out for either. It's how we passed the awful TWW time over the years.

2. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@foodiebee: Ugh, I know - seems like everyone else gets same day results but mine was 24 hours earlier this week!

So exciting that you're team green. We're finding out the sex but I told my husband we're waiting until birth if we have a third!

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MamaBear87: That's one of the good parts about finding out. We're Team Green for the third time. We'll probably reuse the boy's name, but are going to have to decide on the girl's.

4. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@foodiebee: Supposedly it helps. My OB office told me that last time, though it didn't work. However, I'm willing to try again. Overall, it's safe and can't hurt.

I spent some time on here researching how much to take and when. I also examined all of the sleep aids at CVS earlier this week. There are two different active ingredients depending upon which sleep aid you buy. I asked the pharmacist which one to buy to help avoid nausea. It's at home, so I can't say which medicine to buy. I'm pretty sure that I used the wrong active ingredient last time.

5. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Sorry about the bloating. Good luck with the beta. Hopefully it comes back today.

6. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

I officially let my boss know. I'm required by our policy to let him know within two weeks of confirmation by a doctor. He'll keep it quiet until I'm ready to share with the rest of the office.

7. Mrs. Blush

cherry / 163 posts

Hi all! I spent inordinate amounts on time on HelloBee when I was TTC my first child. I am shocked to be unexpectedly hopping back on with baby #2! We weren't trying - it's a total shocker.

EDD: June 21
    How far along: Not even sure!
    First child? 2nd, DD is 15 months
    First doctor appointment: Haven't even made it yet!

Any symptoms so far? Yes! After my first pregnancy PMS was actually nonexistent for me, so it's weird to feel all these symptoms again. My lower back is very sore, I'm craving ice just like with my first pregnancy (I know, already! It's nuts!)

Who have you told? Just you guys!!!!! I can't keep it to myself for even a couple of hours!!!

8. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Mrs. Blush: Welcome and congrats!

9. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@crazydoglady: thank you! You are so sweet. I’m cautiously hopeful.

10. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@Mrs. Blush: Welcome and congratulations!

11. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@Mrs. Blush: Welcome! My lower back has been sore off and on too, but now I'm mainly just feeling queasy at every smell.

12. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So my pregnancy was confirmed (blood test this time so I didn’t need to drink water to be able to pee in the middle of the day) but now I’m waiting for a call back about the next step in care from an OB consultant.

Not so helpful as I just received standard information on consult at 8 weeks and ultrasound at 12 weeks - but I’m hoping I get a different timeline since I’ve had losses before then.

I did have to tell my boss (I’m in the military so I end up being on a non-deplorable list which is a big deal) this early but he was super excited for me and promised to keep “cool” about the news until I started telling others. He and the nurse today were excited - which did make me feel a bit more excited. Which probably isn’t a bad thing.

13. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: ugh the bloating is terrible for me too. I have been resorting to skirts and dresses because I’m so uncomfortable in my pants!

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: @Jessiemuller88: the bloating mostly went away for me between 9 and 10 weeks. But it was awful this time around! It even pushed out my belly button 😂

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I'm jealous if you aren't going pee every hour or so. Producing pee wouldn't be an issue over here 😂

Fingers crossed they get you in sooner to give you some peace of mind

16. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Mrs. Blush: welcome!!!

@Mrsjbeeg: congrats on the confirmation! I’m glad your boss was so cool about it!

17. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MamaBear87: oh no!!! I hope it goes away ASAP. I keep telling myself it’s way too early to bust out the maternity pants 😂

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm totally already rocking them. The button on the waist of normal pants hurts so bad when I sit down

19. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: @Jessiemuller88: Glad I'm not alone! I don't know how I'm going to hide it from work this time!

20. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MrsJBeeG: I told my boss for the same reason. He was scared when I came in and closed his door. I didn't want it spread to the rest of the office yet.

Funny enough, he thought it was an unhappy surprise for a moment. I hope to be able to keep quiet about the pregnancy for the rest of the first trimester, but my nausea the last two times prevented that.

21. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MamaBear87: Nothing wrong with maternity pants. Be comfortable.

22. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

Does anybody know of a place that will turn regular pants into maternity wear? I only like underbelly pants and my uniform shop only sells over the bump maternity pants. I have old uniform pants that don't fit from 15 years ago and would love to make them underbelly maternity wear.

23. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MamaBear87: I know! The button sucks! I loaned mine to a friend, but I plan on rocking mine too as soon as I get them back!

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Toad: i would look for a good seamstress. It's not super difficult to just take the waistband off pants and replace them

25. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@MamaBear87: @Jessiemuller88: I have a bunch of the elastic waist jeggings from Old Navy and they're wonderful right now!

26. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Still waiting on my beta results. My OB office closes at 1 today so I hope I hear back today.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: does your network have a patient portal where you can schedule appointments, email the dr, or view results? I usually see my results before my doctor even gets them on my portal.

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: Yeah, I've been obsessively refreshing! I didn't get results until 1 pm the day after my last beta so I'm expecting the same today. I guess my office is slow

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: o man that sucks! My OB practice is huge and has it's own lab that seems to move faster than the hospitals lab.

30. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks for the recommendation.

31. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Hope you hear soon. It would be horrible to have to wait until Monday.

32. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

Beta was 378. I don't think this is viable.

Repeat on Monday.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@skinnycow: no no no. I hope there is some kind of miracle.

I'm so sorry, so many hugs

34. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: No. I'm so sorry.

35. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@skinnycow: I’m so so so sorry to read your message. I’ll be praying for you.

36. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@skinnycow: Oh no. I'm so very sorry to hear this.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@skinnycow: so so sorry. Sending good vibes

38. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: @Mrs. Toad: @MrsJBeeG: @foodiebee: @MamaBear87: Thanks everyone.

I'm devastated. I don't understand why this is happening - I'm young, healthy, and have carried a full term pregnancy before. I know no one is immune to miscarriage but I really thought it wouldn't happen to me again.

39. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@skinnycow: I’m sorry to read this. I know it’s going to be a long and stressful weekend for you. We are here for you. Hugs

40. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

I don’t want to sound ungrateful (lol but it’s going to sound that way) but this near constant low grade nausea is old. Although walking by the fresh fish section of the grocery store made me glad it’s only normally low grade nausea. I thought I’d had nausea during my other pregnancies but I was wrong. I have learned the error of my ways. I’m great if I just sit still but as soon as I move, eat, drink anything ... I just feel so queasy. 🤪

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee